/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1 (Kernel, no IOSU)
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Multiplayer has been disabled from Friend List if your firmware is below 11.1. Updating is safe for everyone already running CFW. If you aren't, use ctr-httpwn to access online services.
-Nintendo released 11.1, patching Browserhax and Menuhax. Most entrypoints have been updated to work. BootNTR update available.
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 or 11.1 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. ROM loading is still being worked on. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/
-a9lh without downgrading and OTP installation on the New 3DS (up to 9.2) is now possible, currently being tested. gbatemp.net/threads/443187/

>Vita
-Henkaku r6 enables GPU overclocking, increasing performance in some games.
-A new version of Maidump has been released, providing DLC support and better compatibility than older software. www78.zippyshare.com/v/c3GfB0HN/file.html
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>Wii U
-Loadiine now supports DLC if you have a legit copy of SSB. masqchips.github.io/loadiine_gx2/

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4
stackoverflow.com/questions/21704041/creating-batch-script-to-unzip-a-file-without-additional-zip-tools
psxhax.com/threads/maidumptool_v233-2z2-and-vpktool-1-6-for-ps-vita-updated.844/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(A9LH)
strawpoll.me/11321945/r
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>currently being tested
>already part of the guide

just a general PSA for 3ds users

9 out of 10 when you have a problem installing something with FBI (can't install, game having problem afterward, install but games doesn't show up or recognized dlc etc) the first thing you should do is try a different cia installer like dev menu. more than often it will solve the problem

ark when
microsd adapter when
cfw when

why is this happening?

i replied to you in the previous thread boo boo
>I just installed the cia and thats it, was i supposed to put something in my sd card?

yeah you need the correct firmware.bin file, just look for it from luma3ds github

>>Unknown FIRM
Unknown Firmware
Update NTR

You still have to downgrade to 2.1.0 in the guide. So, no. Not really.

>new vitas are back to $200 now
fuck me for waiting

Unless you want portability, you should just get a PSTV. They're still like $50, if at all.

has nothing to do with what i said

dude, it is only go up from now on
sony probably stop produce the damn thing

>bought a new open box oled 2 months ago for $105

kek

I might. Only $80 bundle on Amazon which is a steal given the DS3 and 8GB card. I just like playing handhelds in bed, it's more convenient
Would've saved like $60-80 at least if I'd just gotten one when henkaku broke

i put the ntr.bin on my sd and now this happened

the thing with ntr is since the owner is a fucking faggot that didn't open his source and barely ever update it so we have different version aka forks for it
some works and some don't with specific setting, link me where did you download the files then i can take a look

also why do you need ntr anyway? cheat, stream or doing on the file translation/rom edit?

because if you only need region unlocked then luma3ds is good enough

So will Obamas hand over of ICANN kill everything here? Will it kill emulation and piracy forever?

diva f dlc when

no, you can't kill the internet
as long as there are people who live, people gonna share shit and you can't do shit about it

make it harder? certainly

github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
Downloaded the start kit thing.
I just wanted it for screenshots and stuff i guess everyone told me to get it so i thought i should

Is there a way to stream the vita like the 3ds?

Can somebody who knows how to code make a simple BAT file which upon drag and drop of a VPK file it automatically creates a GAME.VPK (Skeleton) and Content folder?

I'd be down to do it myself and share if somebody can give me a starting point

i forgot to ask what firmware are you on?
if it is 11.1 then try this
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4

>make it harder

Basically killing it for everyone who isn't a computer geek.

gunvolt striker pack cias when

i would suggest trying to look around stackoverflow or maybe just ask them

you can start with this one
stackoverflow.com/questions/21704041/creating-batch-script-to-unzip-a-file-without-additional-zip-tools

yea i am on 11.1
I tryed that and when i opened it, it just said error hold down power button

how and why do you lot think it'll change? America is the one that shits about copyright law anyways no? and yet piracy thrives. Why the hell would the Un/Eu give a rats arse about people downloading games or whatever?

Thanks for your outdated tip.

Yes it does.

Doesn't VPKshrinker already do this?

ok user

I mean i know it is outdated, but we still have people coming in the thread and asking about it quite often.

Tell them to update FBI instead

You said it's in the guide
and it isn't.

BootNTR is trash wont even work how do i uninstall it?

Threadly retard here who needs help on no doubt simple shit that just appears to be complicated.

I've only installed games that have been dumped via vitamin before, but now I need to hop on the Mai train.

psxhax.com/threads/maidumptool_v233-2z2-and-vpktool-1-6-for-ps-vita-updated.844/

From this link here, do I just download the English version of Mai and nothing else, or do I need to download the MaiDumpTool thing above the English download as well?

Will probably need to come back and ask some other dumb as fuck questions later, but I'd appreciate it if anybody could answer this one for now.

re-requesting from

I haven't tried, i'll see

>im too retarded to realize i installed an outdated version so ill just call it shit!

Installed the 11.1 version so no i didnt

>another retard
god damn how many are there making me pull out paint and shit

CORPSE PARTY .CIA WHEN

Fake. Post actual proof, not a screen edited in Paint.

Astronautlevel2's? And have you tried launching it more than once? It happens sometimes.
Also, you do have ntr.bin in the root, right?

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(A9LH)

Fake. You sent a malware to Plailect to get his password and log in to add that specifically to troll /hbg/.

Heres your (You), user.

Fake. Give me an actual (You).

HOW DO YOU UPDATE VITA SHELL? HOW DO YOU UPDATE HENKAKU?

okay tried it three time it made me force shutdown once and the other two times it just closed itself automatically after a few seconds of being open

IMPORTANT POLL FOR THE FUTURE OF THE 3DS SCENE
VOTE RIGHT NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T

strawpoll.me/11321945/r

Update henkaku by deleting the henkaku bubble and re accessing the website henkaku.zyx

After that, your vitashell will ask you to update when you open henkaku's built in vitashell while connected to the internet

>the other two times it just closed itself automatically after a few seconds of being open
That's what it's supposed to do.

How do i use it then?

Henkaku.xyz

Who's GofanifY?
What did he do?

>
>How do i use it then?

Use ropehacks to activate.

I dont get it. i need MORE shit? oh gosh..

where do i download ropehacks

To install Mai, do I simply install the VPK file that I just downloaded as I would do if I was installing a game....?

Please respond, I'm eager to play.

Currently running Rei 11.0.0-33u, how should I go about updating my firmware?

"Hardware store" usually has. If you don't want to get more stuff, try bleachhax. Look under your mom's kitchen sink.

/diy/, it's even show in the new banner

Any news for taiko custom dlc?

Press X and Y at the same time.

what does that do?

>tfw not a poorfag who must pirate his games
You mad, piratefags?

guys please

I think he made part of palantine's cfw

Open the NTR menu. What did you want to do?

What are you talking about? That has nothing to do with NTR.

>tfw poor
feels bad man

> tfw still poorfag since only 4 games and an o3ds
Keep copy pasting your shit

Oh I see, was meant for He didn't make it, he just leaked it. Also Palantine didn't make it either, Yellows8 and Smea and maybe a few others I'm forgetting did.

>4 trash games
Make sure not to stay up past your bed time kid

@156142805
You don't get my (You).

why is this happening to me, respond please

what can ntr do? i dunno why i downloaded it people just recommended it to me

ram editing
using a debugger
using an external controller
layeredFS to change game files without rebuilding and reinstalling the .cia every time

and in case of a new 3ds:
use all of the hardware in games that normally don't support it
stream to pc

hey thats pretty cool

Yes

Theme database WHEN???

I can't even begin to imagine how optimal we could get it if only we had the sourcecode, i'd refactor the fuck out of the plugin system. That directory madness is not for the human mind to witness.

pressing x and y at the same time does nothing

this this this this this this
fuck blue3ds, margen and even cell9

For what console?

thank you

After launching it? Are you sure you're pressing them properly?

for

pretty sure, do i have to launch ntr ever time i start my console?

Yes

okay now it works thanks.

I don't know if it's an hacking problem, but one week ago i have hacked without any problem an o3ds, today i've try to play some games but 3ds wont boot up, the blue light turns on then off, the battery its completely full so it can't be that. It doesn't make any popping sound when i try to boot it, google didnt gave me any real solution so... any suggestions?

Do you have any more questions while you got my attention?

Don't want you to have to beg for replies again.

give your sd card a fiddle, the 3ds won't boot without arm9loaderhax.bin now.
I had to reseat mine 3 times last night, you're using a microsd adapter? happens all the time.

yes, it worked.
>you're using a microsd adapter
yes, gonna buy a sd asap
thanks pal

I close the setting app thing on my 3DS my screen goes black for a sec and the home menu icons take a second to show back up, almost like i just turned the 3DS on. is this normal?

currently trying my luck at installing a game with Mai now, so if it fails I'll ask you what i possibly could have done wrong.

oh wait, actually, i do have a question for now.
the game i'm downloading comes with a patch folder.
do I just drop the folder into the mai directory i've just created for it to work, or is there other things i need to do?

Vita

Super Nintendo.