Alright Veeky Forums, what do the 86 twins need?

Alright Veeky Forums, what do the 86 twins need?

strawpoll.me/10978392

Where's the option for
>NOT A SUBARU ENGINE

>2.5L displacement
Badly, bought one of these and I absolutely love the car despite the hate, but it's seriously just missing just a little bit too much power stock. Headers and tune make a world of difference and it's a good fun platform, but it's just missing that extra oomph.

Where's the option for a comfy seat?

Destroy them. Fire the engineers at Toyota. Fire Mr. Toyoda.

People to rethink what they wanted, since by description this sounds exactly like the cheap sportscar of the 90s that Veeky Forums always bitches about not existing anymore.

No. It's too heavy. You're retarded.

A real engine.

An EGR delete

>literally weighs the same as a 240sx

Haha, yes.
Also, yes.

And? The 240sx was bad too.

>No. It's too heavy. You're retarded.
You mean it's too heavy for the amount of power it makes.

LS 86 would be awesome

Whut?

No I mean it's too fucking heavy. I dont care about power.

>GM
No thanks

The 240sx is a shit car. Are you pretending to be stupid?
>just put a corvette engine in it!
Oh. You are stupid.
I cant believe ls swaps actually excite people, what the fuck.
Its just numbers benchracers who care about it right

>we an affordable sports car!
Okay, we'll make it cheap. What do you want?
>we don't want some 3000+ pigfat monstrosity!
Okay, we'll make it light
>we want a manual!
We'll do you one better, manual WITH mechanical linkage!
>we want the response of an NA engine, enough fucking turbos already!
Sounds good
>fun matters more than numbers!
Skinny tires so you can have fun without getting arrested or hurt, with direct and responsive steering
>no gimmicks, keep it simple!
Mechanical LSD, no stupid driving modes, no clusterfuck steering wheel, just two buttons that turn traction and stability control off
>let's see it!
Okay, here is the new 86, what do you think?
>IT FUCKING SUCKS!

muricans wanting to ls swap everything

But they didn't deliver at all. It's not the car we want. Stop acting like a dickhead for no reason

>implying you wouldn't enjoy your yuro shit box more with a v8 for $500 and an afternoon

Yuros don't understand power, speed or fun, as they're not allowed to have any of those.

I hate v8s and I'm American

The car feels like shit though. The engine isn't fun and no this isn't about power or it being NA.

Sounds like your probably a commiefornian, 'I'll move to Canada if trump gets elected' type.

No I voted for Trump and I don't live in California.
V8s are boring most of the time and take away from the car.

needs about 250 HP and a torque curve that doesn't blow horse fdick

It's just fine as it is, as long as it stays cheap. It's the cheapest new RWD car on the market now that's worth owning.
>inb4 someone quotes miata base price and then references features in the club
>also miata trans

Quads confirms

Seriously though, why couldn't they just option the car with the STI engine?

This

Thats so shitty

A turbo i4 not unlike a modern version of the SR20. Boxer a SHIT

But they did deliver on all of that. In 10-1t years when they are NA or NB Miata cheap, Veeky Forums will love them.

Can I quote the 124 with its NC trans?

They delivered on everything people asked for you fucking mong

So you admit the car isn't worth the price?
I wanted a fun lightweight car with a fun engine .
Where is it? Oh its not fucking there
Why buy it over a Miata

You still need the $29k Abarth to get the LSD and the good engine.

Because Miatas are for faggots

No he's admitting that Veeky Forumsfags are cheap bastards

Needs more of this.

No. To many posters here no new car is worth the price, so it's kind of irrelevant. Just look at how triggered people get when someone buys anything new, or even discusses it. They forget how the cheap used cars they love get to the used market.

This is what's wrong with the car.
The awful fanbase
It's FnF kids that have slightly grown up
It's shitty.

Because the transmission won't shit itself in short order. To get comparable features on the Miata you need to spend damn near 30k.
>b-but the Club starts at $28k
After destination fee it's 29, and good luck finding a club without a single additional option to push it over 30. Same holds true for the 124 Abarth.

It's the same engine. The Abarth gains 4 HP from the quad exhaust. The base 124 is missing only an LSD, which is easily fixable

So? Most of Veeky Forums is made up of FnF kids who have slightlt grown up, they're just poorer so they still wank over the exact cars found in the movies.

Thats the problem
they made a 90s car in 2016

I want a car that weights less than 1000 lbs, has 300 HP, RWD with state of the art suspension, and to be able to afford it on my McWage.

>This is what's wrong with the car.
>oh no he's having the wrong type of fun :(
you're what's wrong with ther planet, you're shitty.

It's missing an LSD, and it is slower than the Toyobaru, which is what most people bitch about. So to sum this up
>same price
>slightly slower
>no lsd
And that's a good alternative to you? Jesus.

>you're just a hater, idiot!

Yeah thats right I'm a hater. SO I'm going to call what you're doing shit. You're shit. Do you get this?

I don't know why you think the 86 was shittily received. Veeky Forums is pretty much the only place that hates it, every automobile publication loves it to death and the sales numbers aren't all that bad, although they could be higher.

numale detected

>no seriously, my opinion actually counts
toppest of lels m8

tryhard beta pussy detected

>ITT:Poorfags and benchracers.

Ecoboost

You can't just dismiss people. I don't understand why you people are so desperate to villainize one side.
The criticism is valid.

Because here, the only thing that matters is the dyno sheets. By the idiot logic some here have, the Topkick is obviously superior due to having more horsepower.

That said, those who actually own and have driven the car have given glowing reviews, even here on this board.

Mine's supercharged, I love it

Considering it's a difference of 350lbs when being a light car is the desire, you'd be retarded not to consider it.

Then again in an argument of feels mobiles you're the one resorting to "speed" so I guess I know what you are.

>muh suspension geometry

>MacPherson strut meme car

my LS1 powered murica mobile is faster

a toyboyaru is about as exciting as seeing a camry

Wow children like you actually browse this board?
I own a GT86 and I don't like it

>faster

Holy shit who cares
Are you racing people on your way to work?

Get the fuck out then commie. Go drive your lada

>Are you racing people on your way to work?
You aren't?

all fucking day long

>not driving 300whp +

Suck it

Turbo.
Engine that isn't a boxer.

Fiata.

but is best car u amerikan dog
china + ussr beat ur ass .
hahahah i smell hamburger stinck like pig !!!111!!
Amerikan dog!
Hahhhhhahh 1!!11!!!

>Holy shit who cares

yeah, who cares about acceleration in a performance vehicle

>kek

for the same price you could actually buy a C5Z corvette and be faster and handle better. and stop harder. and look better. and have more resale value. and more potential

>but muh car that was supposed to be based off a live axle corolla but instead its a rwd n/a impreza

>muh boxer and torque curve

Reminder Toyota are making their own i4 for the base supra and the 86 will forever be cucked with an na boxer trash for stupid reasons

280hp 9500rpm dry sump BEAMS
250lb worth of shit pulled out of the interior and trunk

>when they are NA or NB Miata cheap
Will literally never happen.

>same as a 240

>8.1l Vortec (if gas)

its only 340hp

I would say a v6 but dohc v6 weight a ton and nips can't ohv.
Turbos is outta the question due to lag n shit throttle response rendering drivers car like the BRZ all but useless.
Subercharger for the win. wine whine WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe.weeeeeeeee

You're right, Toyota should have made a car they couldn't have sold to you due to regulations.
>dumbass.jpg

still over 300 hp
And get worse fuel economy and be a huge cop magnet, and likely a larger insurance premium.

this has to be the biggest retard post ive seen today

>280hp 9500rpm dry sump BEAMS

>154 ft-lb torque

>2 lb-ft less than stock

yeah that's what it needs..

>No. To many posters here no new car is worth the price
It shouldn't be worth it to anyone. Not only are they always overpriced, they're STEALERSHIT overpriced which is a whole new level of getting buttfucked.

Anyone who buys a brand new car does so with the understanding that they are being fucked.

Checked and agreed with

Peak numbers don't mean shit if the delivery is ass.

If you're a fat fuck that needs more torque, pull out the spare tire. 'Gutless' is a car mag buzzword for people who think that the rev limiter bounce indicates engine damage

>worse fuel economy

24 city / 33 highway

compared to

>corvette with a fucking 7 liter V8

>18 city / 28 highway

>cop magnet

what are you, a minority?

>over 300hp

>your face when you realize my daily driven 2 door car has the same power as a giant ass work truck

Veeky Forums is shit

Learn to fucking shift, god damn. It's really not hard to stay in the power once you get off the line

it's called a torque CURVE you idiot

>if your car's engine is a piece of shit, pull out the spare tire

kek ricers

>yfw my work truck and your Corvette has the same power figure

>power suited for the top end at 6000-9500
>implying there is ANY torque left under the curve

top kek. an engine speced like that is only good for track racing. sorry ricers its called the application

>one is a 26,000lb truck

my car is a little bit lighter though

nice guesswork m8 but that's all it is.

OP asked me what the car needs. I need fast revving and peak power, coupled with at least half ass close ratio 2-4 gears. If I were 380 lbs and needed A/C to keep my rash in check while commuting to my mall cop job, I might want torque between 2 and 6k rpm.

Nothing, it's perfect for its market. It's just that Americans are poor in the modern day. $25k today in 1985 dollars is around $12k, which is around the price of the AE86 around then.

Veeky Forums is never interested in spending money because nobody here has any. Veeky Forums thinks $20k is too much for a new Corolla.

there are plenty of americans with pleasant enough jobs earning 55k or whatever the average is and able to buy a 20-30k car no problem

>has never driven a car with torque between 2 and 6

what the car needs is torque so it can accelerate. what a track car needs is high RPM torque because it doesn't really need to accelerate the same way. you know, from like a dead stop

>thinks torque is only good for moving weight

its also good for making cars move, too

>55k
>buying a 20-30k car
You must live in debt.

Good logic there bud