/domg/ - Dominions General

Previous administration Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Jump into MP feet first
>Do bully Elves

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showforum=21
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=i_EKWIPT_mai_heacy_crosboe
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=InThatCaseIllBeGoingAIToo
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2485
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I honestly don't get what's up with the democrat thread pics

I don't think anyone does.

I'm surprised we haven't rustled more jimmies with it, good to be on a laid back board.

I don't think people really give a damn.

Besides that, thoughts on nazca? I haven't seen it played in a while, and have no idea how to play them. Any pro tips?

With the nerf to supaya-summoning they're kinda shit. Still, I'm interested in playing them too.

>Kinda shit because I have to literally do something now rather then just spam supaays all day
t. scrub

Malliqui can cast while being communion slaves, but only on linux systems, so you can set a group of them as both masters and slaves for a bunch of big spells, and confuse anyone on windows and mac.

you can still script them no matter the OS, you just won't see it. LLamaserver will though because it's linux.

Royal Malqui are amazing, but also expensive as all fuck. Still, if you get a bunch of them summoning Supayas every turn you can quickly form flying death squads with them. Take a heavy bless (W9 or B9 at least IMO) and you can potentially dominate the midgame with your Supayas even though they were nerfed (beore the nerf they were insane) after a somewhat shakey early game. Apart from the Malqui, their mages are ok to good ,but not terribly efficient. Still, they get the job done well enough and when they die they reincarnate as Malqui (and get an insane upkeep cost to boot, but that's a price you should be prepared to pay), so that's pretty sweet.

Their regular units aren't very good at all, so expansion can be a bit rocky depending on what you're up against. I personally like to get some of the cheap Malqui types (forgot the name) early on because they can gather slaves really fast. Slaves are shit units with goddamn awful morale, but you can get enough of them without spending any money to be a serious help to your expansion. Later on you'll want to switch to using mainly Supayas and summons, because as said their regular units aren't any good. Their sacreds are ok though, especially assuming you already have a good bless for your Supaya spam.

What the hell

Don't forget:
Turn 1 recruit non-mage mummy commander
Turn 2 make him prophet
Turn 3 get your first supayas

On turn 8 you can probably expand using a hurin priest and 10 supayas if you took an acceptable bless.

For some unknown reason, probably a weird programming quirk, there are some subtle differences in the way Dominions resolves battles between the Linux version and other versions.

This also explains why sometimes watching a battle gives you a different outcome than what the battle report suggests. Since the games are hosted on Llamaserver and Llamaserver uses Linus, people who are on Windows or Mac see a different version of the truth when they watch the battle, but since battles are resolved by the host, only Llama's result counts, which is what the battle report is based on.

Any unit with 'innate spellcaster' will cast while being a communion slave. You do not lose the communion slave effect just because you are also a slave. This means that 4 mallqui priests get +2 to each path and share buffs (so only one needs to cast PotS and Earthpower for all of them to get it). This gets better when you can combine it with soul vortex to give all of them infinite fatigue too.

So you could, say, get eight of them, give them a Crystal Matrix each, have them cast Communion Slave, and go fucking nuts?

That's ridiculous.

In summod it's cheaper to use a slave matrix and have them cast master, but yes.

also worth noting that you can do it with the non-astral mummies, but they need both master and slave matrices to do it.

They got lotsa slots, you could give them both master and slave matrices and have it all set up t0

You can, and it is.

Mallqui are amazing, their only drawbacks are that their upkeep is insane and their mobility is garbage in a nation that's mostly flying stuff. It's just that the rest of the nation is mediocre at best and one exploitable gimmick doesn't make them OP. Also, you usually want your Mallquis busy summoning Supayas instead of being on the front lines.

Are they not universally Teleport capable?

ScrubWarriors is full.

You don't need to use just royal mallquis. Your mainline battlemage is the hurin priest, and a third of them have S randoms. You can also use the matrix thing to get mallqui priestesses and non-S randoms into your haxploit communions

Magic phase movement is nice, but it's very awkward for moving with an army.

Also remembert to earthpower and pos your master-slaves.

why would i give my master-slaves the aids virus

They're undead, so disease doesn't affect them.

Soul Drain is AoE Caster. Who the fuck needs an army?

and soul vortex and phoenix pyre

It's a battlefield enchant, so it doesn't stack

Soul vortex with lamias guarding commander. It works every time.

Abysia 2h file received
Agartha 2h file received
Arcoscephale 2h file received
Berytos 2h file received
Caelum 2h file received
Ermor 2h file received
Fomoria 2h file received
Hinnom 2h file received
Helheim 2h file received
Kailasa 2h file received
Lanka 2h file received
Machaka 2h file received
Mictlan 2h file received
Pangaea 2h file received
Pelagia Waiting for 2h file
R'lyeh 2h file received
Sauromatia 2h file received
Therodos 2h file received
T'ien Ch'i 2h file received
Tir na n'Og 2h file received
Ulm 2h file received
Vanheim 2h file received
Xibalba 2h file received
Yomi 2h file received

Abysia Waiting for 2h file
Caelum 2h file received
C'tis 2h file received
Helheim Waiting for 2h file
Marverni 2h file received

how do i acces all the mod which was in Desura now that Desura is kill??

You really need to start remembering to include the name of the game when you're trying to turnbully.

A lot of them are on this Dom 4 modding forum
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showforum=21

Amazing.

Also, why the hell are we playing on this shit map? I thought you were going to change it when the game began and this map was just a placeholder.

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=i_EKWIPT_mai_heacy_crosboe

150% resources, Difficult research, Gryphons nerfed out of usability

Oh shit VARN has S1 watch out

I don't know what Varn has truly, it could be S1 or S9 for all I know, all I know is that he cheated, so why don't we go ahead and fix that.

It might not actually be cheating but the admin should take a look at it for sure. Also someone didn't properly check their nation and is having issues anyway, so might as well restart.

Kitsune are surely the best gem mage summon.

Never played modnat but don't you people test them before starting or something?

I think VARN was using an older version of the mod to make his pretender, He told me about how the mod's pretender costs hadn't been updated and he was getting the old 40/60 point or 120 point pretenders as opposed to the new 200+ point costs

I unstarted the game, see thread, but tl:dr will fix the stuff and start again when I get home in ~12h. Not sure what VARN's issue is, but probably like said, a version mismatch.

all tied up in snek eater

I don't give a FUCK about the issues, show me the pretender names for my daily meme dosage and it better be fucking good, mod nations means memes squared.

You want memes, here are your damn memes!

Explain further

Damn
memes/10

>MahouShoujoMelanomaMagika (bonus points for using Japanese version of the title)
>Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center

Only two properly good ones desu.

Stealthy cheap strong nature mages

Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Centre is p. good

Ded

Antiquis Terra

Abysia 2h file received
Agartha 2h file received
Arcoscephale 2h file received
Berytos 2h file received
Caelum 2h file received
Ermor 2h file received
Fomoria 2h file received
Hinnom 2h file received
Helheim 2h file received
Kailasa 2h file received
Lanka 2h file received
Machaka 2h file received
Mictlan 2h file received
Pangaea 2h file received
>Pelagia Waiting for 2h file
R'lyeh 2h file received
Therodos 2h file received
T'ien Ch'i 2h file received
Tir na n'Og 2h file received
Ulm 2h file received
Vanheim 2h file received
Xibalba 2h file received
Yomi 2h file received

The constant extensions for Pelagia are getting really annoying. Anyone else want to help fund R'lyeh in killing them so these will go faster?

t. R'lyeh

If it happens again, I'll just be setting myself ai. I busted my ass getting a turn in this morning before work, and had to run to avoid being late. This is shitty badminning.

In that case I will be going AI as well.

The first time I extended for Ulm, when he asked
The second time was for Agartha, who also asked.

Not entirely sure what's up with Pelagia, but apparently I'll need to much stingier on the amount of time I postpone for.

>Expecting important call from work
>It's taking a while so I decide to do turn
>Check phone afterwards
>Missed a call
>"oh shit"
>Call the number
>It was just a prank caller

AI he if the stales continue

All that shittalk from sauro on how he's kicking so much ass and he's still half the size of Abysia. And has been losing provinces. heh.

>can't hear the sound of the phone ringing over the turn
???

New MA game. Standard settings except for 2 province start and increased gems (raised to 50).

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=InThatCaseIllBeGoingAIToo

Not honoring extension requests. As expected of the Badmin.
If this continues I too will be going AI

But both extensions were honored.

Reading comprehension fail.

>If this continues I too will be going AI

Join this game

t. Abysia

Sauro has nothing to worry about considering you can't even finish off Marverni. Go throw more troops at him you've got maybe five turns to prepare

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2485

link for the map

It does not make sense for popkill nations to eventually lose income because of the lack of province population

You literally have free spawning slaves that can work endlessly. Just use those to produce goods for both use & export.

>Mahou Shoujo Melanoma Magika
Yamato?

Nobody wants to buy your cheap skeleton running shoes

Notice how Abysia didn't gain provinces and somehow it was him that is winning against me. Abysia must suck some serious cock at reading and comprehending graphs. maybe it was fucking indie event

SANTA MARIA STRELA DO DIA

Quit arguing with yourself and go take your turn, Helheim.

hi sauro

how is a game with 6 players generating this much drama?

bored people creates drama because people enjoy thread drama

t, thread guy

looks like hero ctis is going for the innovative skelly-no-spam strategy

Dumb nigga attacking into cold 3 as C'tis

Like you gotta be proper silly to do that

Given that all of their neighbors are cold, it's not dumb when they have no other options.

Forgot my name.

You should switch to the newest version of summod, 0.69 went up at the start of the week.

Ok. Didn't see it on llama. Any gamebreaking bugs in that version to take note of?

caelum you in here? we had some minor spooks

Hey, don't knock it 'till you try it. I think I might be onto something.

I'd say "I may have miscalculated" but this is my first time playing C'tis and even I was pretty sure it was a mistake. I'm not sure that counts as calculation.

Test version. Actual version will be 0.7 once I finish Ur.

It's not on llama because I didn't put it up.

You could try to spin it and say, "Yep, exactly what I thought would happen but for the sake of scientific theory I had to check to make sure."

Sauro expert here.
Another Sauro game, another win.

I have learnt a very important lesson this game.
Tarts (EF in particular) are op as fuck.

Here are the graphs for fattened calf in case anyone is wondering.

How the fuck did you morons let Cirno win a game?

They had no chance, I allied myself with R'lyeh.

>caelum makes it to lategame
>doesn't win
Just how shit do you have to be like holy shit

He made a good effort, but he had to contest with 12 kitted tarts roaming his lands.

Post your smug folder

>what are counter thugs equipped with 3x damage to undead weapons

Tarts are good, but there exist items that explicitly counter them

>27MR
>16reinvig
>10% regen
>GoH
>>Pheonix Pyre

Give me our best shot.

One danava with quickness and a pair of flambeaus in turmoil.

REEEEEEEEEE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YOU PEOPLE HAVE FILLED MY INVENTORY THIS TURN

REEEEEE
I'VE LOST EVERYTHING I FUCKING CRAFTED

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I had to clear my inventory bro

Bro, you had like 30+ turns of opportunity to destroy the items instead of sending them back. You were just asking for this to happen someday.