>We put a hood, under your hood.

Why do people put up with this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh_startup#Sad_Mac
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>toyota

into the trash

It's a Lexus, noone will ever need to open the hood up except for maintenance.

because people see this and don't like it

Theres already a thread up about this..
As long as you can take it on and off to each serviceable parts I don't think its that big of a deal

heres your (you)

to hide the Lovecraftian horror beneath

Thats what this is for.

Rip all the plastic crap out.

>80-100,000$ lexus
>opening your own hood
m8...

>there are people that don't like their engine to be protected because they don't want the inconvenience of taking an extra 5 seconds to remove another layer of protection

Sure sounds like boyracer FnF in here

Protection, from what? the hood?

Lmao my thoughts exactly, I understand protection from under the car but engine covers are just a lazy way to hide ugly wiring.

well its scary looking
a bit like how boot screens and bios beep are no longer a thing

but I like them because unlike a looping animation it shows what is going on and that progress is being made
also when something does go wrong you have a note of what that is rather than just a animation stuck on loop

some times annoying like non standard bios beep codes
or easy Dr. Debug throwing a B4 code
(turns out it was just that the sd card reader got confused by a micro adapter with no card in it)

Engine covers dampen a bit of sound and improve pedestrian saftey but theyre mostly useless

>sound
isn't that what insulation under the hood is for?
>pedestrian safety
W....WAT

The only computers that dont beep are the ones premanufactured as appliances for people that dont even know what the beep means. I have never built a computer that didnt come with the friendly goodmorning beep.

>isn't that what insulation under the hood is for
heat shielding and air ducting most of the time

Perhaps that extra 1 centimeter of padding will give you a .0000005% chance that you wont kill that hobo you hit at 70 miles an hour on the interstate?

I've not heard it in so long that I miss it rather than it being annoying
also the other little sounds that old cars and computers make

Aerodynamics. Are you still shitting on new cars and nitpicking about specific features because you're a defensive poorfag?

It also stops normies from fucking with things.

Once again, the hood already does this.

aerodynamics.... under the hood?
Jesus you guys really reach hard
I agree with the normies looking under the hood

you should be more concerned with clitoral hoods than car hoods friendo, this is beginning to get autistic with the amount of BUT A HOOD DOES THAT ALREADY I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW ANYONE COULD LIKE WHAT I DONT LIKE OR UNDERSTAND meme posting

because the kind of people who own a lexus have no business ever being anywhere near the engine.

its like Apple. normie protection

>Literally ran out of asspulles
>the post

Just admit it does nothing but causes trouble for a persons mechanics and gives them an excuse to charge them for blinker fluid.

>blinker fluid

lol, shows what you know

>i pretend i dont know memes to make you seem stupid

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh_startup#Sad_Mac
it has been getting worse over time
>tfw most of the time sad ipod was triggered because the hdd cable came loose

>i try to act like everything is a meme when i realize i'm wrong

okay friendo bendo xD

holy fuck do you actually not understand the blinker fluid joke?

>he tries to justify being wrong by le memeing

its getting sad at this point but ok

at car show
hav a look under the hood
quickly locate the throttle body and get a little disappointed by the lack of parts
jaguar xk engine on the other hand has a bit more to look at even if one knows what all the parts are the way the are positioned has something to it

He probably owns a Lexus.

muh cowl induction

>le monkey face meme xD

try harder to derail from the fact you were wrong multiple times lol

coming from the guy who unironically though someone wasnt memeing when talking about blinker fluid

>hurrr durr retarded guyzzz
>look how retarded I am

>trying to act like he wasn't wrong and hes multiple people

lol u must really be bootyblasted to keep replying trying to make your point and act like you weren't being literally retarded

Look at all these fucking retards thinking blinker fluid isnt real

what you doing here ?
don't you have some finger boxes to sell to some chump ?

I finger ur mums box

Because they don't expect you to do any work in that kind of car you fucking imbecile.

Why are you complaining anyway?. You will never be able to afford a car like that anyway.

say "anyway" again

6/10, I replied. Your just not creative enough. Go outside. Find something better to do.

BTW, "the art of trolling is not to get people to argue with you, but rather with each other" -RCR

Fuck off casuals

>now he tries to act like someone else
>now he tries to act like im trolling him
>now he tries to act like hes clever
>now he tries to again get away from the fact he was wrong multiple times

just admit you were wrong or leave the thread, its okay friendo, you're anonymos here no one will know that you were wrong outside of this thread

>mfw that was my first post in this thread

How does it feel to be retarded?

>

How does it feel to be retarded

I have not replied to him once and im the person he originally responded to.

>specifically ordered a mobo because it bios beeped

beep is life

>he literally posted from his phone and his laptop so it wouldnt look like the same person
>he took a screenshot and uploaded it to try and prove a point

This is out of control. you couldve just left the thread or admitted you were wrong multiple times but you keep replying trying to make a fool out of me but it still isn't working, you can't win friendo, just leave the thread or fall back into anonymity.

>trying this hard to seem like you aren't retarded when no one even knows who you are

The only thing that would be worse is if you were a tripfag. This is already pathetic enough though

Well now I wish I had, considering you seem absolutely retarded. I'm really not the other guy, but ok. Faggots gonna fag I guess

>resorts to insults rather than actual arguments when he realizes hes caught

Why are you still in this thread? Is it autism?

am i on /g/?

Apparently

Jesus, I just came to my senses, you are a 9/10 le troll.

In the case that you aren't, just Google "blinker fluid".

>Calls me a troll to invalidate my points and seem like he's better

>tries to argue blinker fluid is a thing
>realizes it isnt
>plays it off as le meme xD
>tells me to google it

I didn't realize Veeky Forums had people this bad on it, this is some /pol/ or /r9k/ tier autism

Good job. I legitimately cannot tell whether you're a troll or real.

>again with the troll insult and completely ignoring any other argument

Looks like you're the one trolling now since you have no other way out or to defend your wrong comments. Nice job Veeky Forums I remember why I stopped coming here

>I didn't realize Veeky Forums had people this bad on it
Shows how new you are kiddo.

jesus 10/10

I just don't visit Veeky Forums alot friendo, and shit like this is why. This is r9k tier.

Because you don't know how to work on a hybrid.

What the actual fuck is going on here
Veeky Forums - Derp

shitp/o/sting

>some retard mentioned the blinker fluid meme
>retard 2 comes along and takes the blinker fluid meme serious
>waterfall of shitposting

You gotta look at it from a normie's perspective
They see all that and they get overwhelmed and feel stupid/inferior
If they get those pretty covers, it's much more simple for their little brains to process and they don't get frustrated because they're not being mentally challenged.

It helps with sound deadening.

I got rid of mine

>mfw I have this car
The covers also cover up the jump points so when my battery died on a cold winter day that was fun

>. I have never built a computer that didnt come with the friendly goodmorning beep.
try using modern components

The new desktop I built (well it was new last year) doesn't have any beeping. Then again I'm not a child who has to use the windows operating system or drive an automatic

look under the hood
have no idea what the fuck is going on
annoyed and intrigued at the same time

>Then again I'm not a child who has to use the windows operating system or drive an automatic

You may not be a child, but you certainly are a manchild.

Not like you'll ever afford one, so why would you care?

You don't know about the big fucking hole air goes through in the front of the car?
Christ you're dumb. The air used for cooling has to go somewhere when it's passed over the radiator. The 'plastic crap' means it's going over a smooth surface.

No, if it did, they wouldn't need all that stuff underneath it. Try again.

Someone asked me how you work on modern cars with these covers, but didn't know how to work on cars. This is who they sell them to. People who pay mechanics.

The beep has nothing to do with Windows mate.

The beeping is a small speaker attached to the mother board. I don't know of a single mother board that doesn't do post boot beep codes. They're essentially, especially if output to a monitor is shot.

Those "aerodynamics" are negligible

Breddy sure the metal bonnet will negate any cushioning of whatever is underneath breh.
It's lazy manufacturing 100%

D E F E N S I V E
P O O R F A G
D E T E C T E D

Not as 'negliible' as you think, but maybe you don't drive a new enough car to notice a difference?

I thought these covers were mostly for soundproofing.It's a Lexus after all.

Pretty sure the LFA doesn't have them though.