Why does ford make such shitty trucks?

Why does ford make such shitty trucks?
youtube.com/watch?v=oqvbzav2_M4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_f3CAnH7WIM
truckyeah.jalopnik.com/chevrolets-aluminum-shit-talking-truck-ads-will-bite-th-1781316646
insidercarnews.com/its-official-chevy-will-begin-making-aluminum-silverados/
autoblog.com/2015/08/05/gm-fullsize-trucks-aluminum/
torquenews.com/106/next-chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-could-go-aluminum
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think a better question to ask is why can't Chevy get the Silverado to have a 5 star crash safety rating?

>Ask dealer why there's holes in my bed
>"Don't worry about it sir, the f-150 has a marginally better crash rating than some other truck."
>Uh... O-Oh ok, good enough for me. Want to stop by my house later, fuck my wife while I watch?

-ford owner

>not using a steel truck bed

but muh weight savings muh MPG

>faggots

New tech has growing pains
wow

>no bed liner
Do people actually do this?

you'd think with all that allegedly superior steel they would get it right

I'm not arguing that chevy doesn't have the better design here. I'm just asking what mongoloid doesn't have a lined bed?

>aluminum is new technology
wew

Come on user.

>some dumb spic dumps a load of rocks into my new truck from 25 feet up
>fucks my bed
>"ayy mang u shulda bought a chebby they is steel. i just doing my job"

>absolutely requires a rigid drop-in bedliner and not a roll-on or spray in liner

its a piece of shit

this
fuck did people expect buying version 1.0

Why wouldn't a spray on bed liner help?
Have you seen the tests done with spray on bed liner?
It increases the strength massively, it would definitely benefit from being spray lined.

>buy truck for work and hauling
>dont use bed liner
HUR HUR HUR
Fuck off pretender.

our old ford truck never had a liner and was used to haul rocks and scrap for like 30 years

boomers would say
>they don't make them like they used to

It's new tech

>marginally better
Sure if you count keeping your legs in a crash as "marginally better".

>be marketing department
>come up with a completely inane test
>OMG GUYS LOOK HOW STRONG OUR TRUCKS ARE!!!111111oneoneone

>"""""high strength steel""""""
>can't even get a 5 star crash safety rating
lmao, is there a company worse than gm?

Oh, right. No there isn't. Lmao

they are targeting soccer dads its more profitable then contractors

youtube.com/watch?v=_f3CAnH7WIM

Who cares about crash test rating? If youre gonna wreck, do the world a favor and wreck fast enough to die

I don't understand why trucks don't come with spray-on bedliners standard.

This isn't an issue if you use a liner.

>damage control: the post

>needing a bed liner

Pic related, 30 years of being abused like hell, been wrecked and put back together 20 years ago, over 400,000 miles and hauled countless loads of gravel, dirt, firewood, scrap, etc.

>muh steel

Haha, aluminum bed... fuck that.

My little Kei truck has hauled so much shit... glad the bed is steel.

The Ecoboost turbos go like clockwork too... and get shit mileage unless you are really gentle on the throttle and don't tow with it.

I drive a Dodge 4500 Chassis Cab for work, great truck aside from the wiring, it's a tow truck... I've towed countless Fords and GMs for all kinds of mechanical problems, only time I tow a Dodge has been for starters, occasionally transmissions (Usually pre-6.7 trucks), always with super high mileage.

Aside from 1 Dodge that cranked over and didn't start, all the other ones that cranked, would start, even with multiple fucked injectors.

To top it off, I live in an area with mostly Dodges... everyone here loves the Cummins.

Holy shit is that a bare bed? You're supposed to cover it or spray over it - what the fuck did you expect?

this shit makes me cringe.

>buying a truck and not protecting the bed

morons

I live in Franklin NC, which is in WNC and I swear... if you dont have a dodge you aint right. LOL

So many dodges here jesus.

>buying a truck to treat like a princess
shiggy

>buy brand new truck
>"Dude you still need to mod the truck bed before you actually use it"
>"Dude you still need to put on seat covers before you actually use the seats"
-Ford owner

>Install rigid bedliner
>weight saving deleted

arcelormittal now makes a sheet metal now just as light as aluminum with the same strength making fords aluminum obsolete already

What's the price of it?

It's a mass produced aluminum truck. That's fucking amazing.

>amazing
if you're an idiot

Is it aluminum?

>>no bed liner

Bed liner is cosmetic, not structural. It adds weight and only statusfags care about the paint in a TRUCK bed.

Steel beds don't need it except for resale so I don't use it. A steel bed plate would have made more sense for Ford, or thicker aluminum which would not.

>I don't understand why trucks don't come with spray-on bedliners standard.

Weight.

Confirmed for a real truck user. C-10/20/30 are fucking tough. (Ford bodies don't rust as easily tho.)

such a qt, how can one get one of these stateside?

How do you prevent rust?

top kek

>buying a truck
>being upset because it's dirty
prissy ass bitch

>dirty means gaping holes in the bed
I dont even fucking like trucks but i know this dont seem right.

Fuck GM.

Even if they make excellent trucks, fuck them in the ass they should be dead.

gaping holes? the image has one small rip which isn't even a hole and the rest are dents

GM blows except for GMC trucks and their performance lineup.
Z06, Z28 and CTS-V dominate.
Ford still can't compete with the Corvette and Dodge is phasing out the Viper.

You're fucking delusional if you don't think aluminum gets dented and punctured more than steel you stupid fuck

>this is what gm's marketing team wants you to believe
Now watch as the damage control sets in.

As a fordfag your back door has probably been kicked in several times. What seem like a tiny hole to you is a gaping hole to others.

Some people do that it's so annoying. Just soccer dads who worry about carrying a load of timbers will ruin the paint.

Are you me?

Never worried about it. At most some surface rust shows up in spots and gets worn off from hauling shit. she's a 3/4 ton that hasn't gone a week without something in the bed in 30 years. I hauled 25 cords of wood over a weekend once, the worst thing about it was Dat mileage

>V8s

I think you ment to reply to me but, let me get this down. If there was a used 2016 ford f-150 that had low miles and said "minor bed dings, used as a work truck" youd be aight with this?

Again i dont give a shit about jim or ferd either way im coming to the argument unbiased

Aluminium is cheap and China makes poor aluminium.

Trucks are meant to be used for work, dings are fine. holes are not acceptable
it shouldn't be possible to perforate a truck bed with a toolbox, not even in a biased marketing campaign.
It's garbage

why are gm fangirls so poor they can't even afford a bed liner?

Shit, even my 35yr old half ton has stood up to more use and abuse without any liner than these aluminum turds can take.

It's also better for towing. The F450 is best in class and so is the F150.

If they fucked up something as simple as a bed, I'd avoid pressing the transmission too hard.

Glad to see you can't address my point.

Don't expect much from GM's marketing team.

Yea i see that best in shit but im not buying that shit either. Chevy keeps talkin bout how jd power rates them best in everything and i know for a fucking FACT that no silverado 1500 and equinox isnt reliable for shit. Still won "most reliable in its class" bullshit.

So im not buying it either way.

That seems quite stupid to be honest. Aluminum is so much softer than steel. Is there not some kind of plate that one can mount on the Ford?

>literally the difference in tires
>would personally take the mustang
>suck a dick, busrider

>damage control as predicted

>all aluminum is created equal
>all steel is created equal
>all leather us of the same quality
moron

sic semper dumbfuck

Hope you weren't hoping max towing asterix was gonna change anyone's mind about tinfoil beds.

I know a lot of guys who were trading them in on silverados and rams

Why does chevy make commercials denigrating aluminum bodies but are planning on making them, themselves?

Yeah, you've clearly never worked with aluminum.

but im assume your truck didn't have tool boxes purposely thrown at it.

Yet none of that shit is on the market, and it isn't used in any automotive application so your point is moot.

to troll ford fangirls.
if this thread is any indication, quite successfully i may add.

Fuckin what? Even if it did shouldt a truck bed stand up to throwin shit in the bed?

Yall truck fags need to come to a consensus. Are you supposed to throw shit in the back or not? Cause if you dont youre a princess but if you do only throw shit that wouldnt puncture the bed...like a tool box...which if there was a list of shit that will probably be thrown in the back of a truck a toolbox would more than likely be on there.

Ecopooch timing chain/gears gone after 10k miles

>worse fuel econ

>not driving a 90's deathtrap with no airbags
I feel perfectly unsafe, user. Hopefully all of the sheet metal will make a pretty coffin.

Its a shit biased commercial, trucks are ment to be used but no one with common sense is going to throw a 100lb tool box in the back of truck.

Thats why they make bedliners.

My 35 year old car has aluminum panels on it.
Using aluminum on cars isn't new. It was fords only choice to comply with government over reach. Fords have always been the cheapest, worst trucks from the America market. That's why they sell well. You wouldn't go to Russia and talk about how fucking amazing the Lada is because it's the best selling car on the market.

stop making excuses for penny counting execs trying to jew you out of a proper truck.

If thats true why wouldnt they sell the fucking truck with the bedliner? Why would you buy a truck without the purpose of doing work in it in the first place? But im with you on the comercial, i dont believe that jd power bullshit that cheby pulls in their adverts.

So if im to understand this right you can work in a ford but not as hard as working with a steel bed? Cause honestly that shits sounding like someone who dosent want to fire their guns because they dont feel like cleaning them. The fuck?

truckyeah.jalopnik.com/chevrolets-aluminum-shit-talking-truck-ads-will-bite-th-1781316646

insidercarnews.com/its-official-chevy-will-begin-making-aluminum-silverados/

autoblog.com/2015/08/05/gm-fullsize-trucks-aluminum/

torquenews.com/106/next-chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-could-go-aluminum

Eat GM shills, you're shit talking about you're own future product, you dumbasses.

>Why would you buy a truck without the purpose of doing work in it in the first place?

Have you walked outside before? How many pickups do you see that are used as actual trucks?

There are importers but trying to figure out how much it costs to ship a truck over is going to require negotiation. When I thought about the tiny little trucks from my time at being posted in Japan I found a couple of small scale dealers around the country that sells them. Found one place in VA, one in CA, and another in WV. Found prices anywhere between 1200 USD to 24,000 USD. Cause a couple had gears underneath the truck bed that lifted the truck bed enough for you to dump everything.

It's a truck, shit gets thrown into the back all the time, bricks, chunks and pieces of metal, I chucked the exhaust manifolds from it over the cab into the bed and it didn't do shit. You shouldn't have to baby your fucking truck, especially the truck part of it, the goddamn bed.

You want the real fuckin answer? Cause all the trucks i know that do work are owned by white guys. 18 guys at work own dodges and chevys. Hauling different shit out to the closest "fuck it up fest" that they can find.

All the fords in the parkong lot- owned by black guys. Putting nig nog rims on them.

All the service trucks owned by the company that are heavy duty with tool beds- the chevys are the first ones taken. No one takes the fords cause "theyre fucking slow".

Again i dont give 2 shits about either company. Dont even like trucks. But im just going by what im exposed to.

Source: living in tejas.

Are Dodge respected more than Ford down in Texas?

I'll take things that never happened for 2 please. Thank you.

>ford f150
>slow
I was about to believe your story until I read that part. Nice try, liar.

Only steers and queers come from Texas.

Come to a real southern state, youlll see that fords are predominately used as work trucks.

Chevy are garage queens.

and Dodges are either broken down on the road or in salvage yards.

holy shit those youtube ford vs chevy videos
>videos prove some point that chevy does better
>HUUURRRR DURRRR my family works for ferd!!!!!! IT DOESNT COUNT!!!!! I LOVE FERD I LOVE FERD

is ford fangirls the worst in Veeky Forums world??

Not really. That would be gm fangirls who defend pic related

>discussion of trucks
>post new race cars
Ford retards on live show

in my area, they are favored by the brodawgs yes. those and fucking tundras

fuck i wish it wasnt happening either sweetheart. i hate texas.

no to clarify the companies service trucks are 250s or above again i put the reason in quotes cause thats the reason they are the ones left as told to me. again not a truck guy they are all slow to me.

>come to a real southern state
id rather not. its hot as fuck enough here as it is

>damage control

You're clearly lying. TFL car did a review of all 2500 trucks and the F250 came out on top in straight line speed.

It's almost like nobody spends the time in creating quality bait anymore.

I would say GM fangirls are the worst for having a massive ego. But at this point, both are equally just as bad.

> be me
> buy 05 f150 fx4 supercrew
> good price
> 2 months later have to rebuild engine
> fuckme.mov
Full Monty. Send off block and heads. New rings, bearings, valve seats, balanced crank, etc. Didn't half ass it is the point.
> still paid less than book so fuck it
> fast forward 2 years
> drops a valve and motor locks up
> mfw I tow that shit box to chevy and trade it in
Fuck Ford. All manufactures have their issues but 90% of the time Chevrolet is the easiest and cheapest to fix.

^^^^^^^

GM fangirls really are desperate ITT.

Lot of lying clearly