Aww crap

What do senpai? Tried drilling, think i need carbide. I think my next option is to dremel it out, there's also the punch route.

Here's the bolt.

Looks pretty fucked now that you broke off the extractor in it.
What you can do, and will probably have better success with, is weld a nut on to the top of the broken bolt. The hole in the nut allows you to weld the bolt to the nut by filling. If you lack the skill or tools to do that, take it to a welding shop who can get it done in a couple minutes. Then just use the nut and some liquid wrench to get the rest of the bolt out.

you done fucked.

this or take a torch to it and see if you can pry out the extractor, then drill and try agian.

>Windows Phone

Weld a nut to it. The heat from welding will help break the bolt loose.

I've used the welded nut method countless time.
9/10 times it works everytime.
But that one time, when you have a real cunt of a stud, the nut just snaps off (rinse and repeat), and you end up with a super hard as fuck stud that can't be drilled.

Is the head off the engine?

yes that was a bad idea from the start.

if all else fails find a portable EDM service
those do it like butter

It's already pretty close to the head to weld, I'll try the dremmel method tomorrow, and change a transmission mount tonight.

Fuck that shit

Dremel will work but if you can get a hold of a pneumatic pencil grinder, harbor chink has them for $20 and for the love of God, do not, and I repeat, do not attempt to drill it. You will fuck it up. Remove the broken extractor before you attempt to extract the bolt.

is the bolt flush, proud, or recessed?

Get a mobile thread repair guy to come out and fix it, then you give him some money.

get a washer thats like 1/16th or so smaller then the bolt and tack that to the broken end, the smaller diameter will ensure your not welding both parts together. Then you tack a nut to the washer its much easier and the extra heat you put into the broken stud will help it come out that much easier

try that penetrant spray (liquid wrench?)
always worked for me. but make sure to let the thing soak in for a couple hours or overnight,also a warming it up with a torch makes things a lot easier

portable edm service>that shit

Damn I did the exact same thing on a Rav 4 while the customer was waiting in the lobby. I ended up knocking the broken EZout out with a chisel and used another EZout

Yeah, usually when the bolt is big enough I'll break the punch out and start hammering it around.

yes because every body in their garage and every shop has one of those and not a welder and to boot good luck fitting in that somewhere in an engine bay

I drill stuck bolts out then use a thread repair insert (coil inserts are fine in an iron head) if I don't tap oversize.. I wouldn't use an extractor on any header bolt.

Once you get that one dealt with, ALWAY slather exhaust hardware with anti-seize. Milk of magnesia works in a pinch (it was used in jet engine hot sections) but no dry threads and no fucking oil or grease.

For EDM in most places it would be cheaper to pull the head and drive to a shop. It's a pushrod engine and they come off quick.

i said service
as in a guy comes to your house and uses it for a fee

Weld a nut onto it.

/thread

>threading your own post

You're a faggot

/thread

not all of us need the latest fad app so we can share are uninteresting lives with people who don't give a shit

>implying I have any of those apps or give a fuck about social media

Still doesn't have apps for shit I like/need, Windows Phone is a joke of a failure

>2016
>needing anything other than calling, navigation, and web browsing
>??????????

>this whole thread
Veeky Forums in a nutshell

>2016
>needing anything other than calling, text messages

the metal in bolt extractors is usually pretty brittle, you can probably pulverize the remnants of it with a punch and it'll drop out of the bolt. then spray it with wd40, drill it bigger, and try again with the next sized up extractor and get a shitload of heat on it beforehand

WP op. Doesn't listen to those fags.
Also you done fucked up big time.
You need to take it to a machine shop. Make sure to tell them you broke a fucking extractor in there. Any shop worth it's shit can get it out, but it won't be drilled out.

Pfft, when I went into poly for network engineering, some classmates had Lumias too. Then, as the projects started rolling in, they were almost forced to switch to android because Nokia a shit.

Those phones can't do anything.

how the fuck did you even do that in the first place?

On the bright side, at least you got dubs twice in a row

It's easy as fuck to do that.
Only retards and the inexperienced use extractors on stuck fasteners.
They're brittle as fuck any significant torque applied to them snaps 'em.

Go molest some more people faggot.

Network engineering, fancy name for network admin.

distributor is on the wrong end of the motor user.

WTF!
I hate Nokia now

Nokia vs Android

Uh.. hate to tell you but the modern ones ARE running android.

Op listen to me. Stud extractors are brittle as fuck. Get an air chisel with a pointy chisel tip and the remnants of the extractor will break apart in no time.

this man is correct

Drill, tap, Heli-coil, new stud
or
Weld nut carefully to stud, torch it, remove, new stud

If you have access to an acetylene torch, burn that fucking bolt the fuck out of there and chase or retap the threads. That bolt will melt long before the iron head will start to.