/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Previous Thread >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv
>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

FIRST FOR PURGE FILTH

Speedy Gonzales

You know bbg
I haven't frequented here in a while on account of college and other video games
However, I just want you guys to know that this is my favorite general and I love the majority of you

Jesus fuck. I don't know what's wrong with me today.

Defiled Keeper of the Old Lords has been tearing my ass apart.

Can anybody lend a hand? I'll ring at the fog, password bbg

A A H
A
H

I need a good name for a skill build. I already have the model planned, it's a pale and lanky dude what's probably never been in a fight. I'm thinking something along the lines of Cowardly Thomas or some such, but I'm not certain. Any suggestions?

Didn't you like this mans mexican memu?

Remember "bbcollage" in your filename.

Topic: Do you think they could've improved the Micolash fight?

Rollerino

rolling and no. The only problem I have with the Micolash fight is the autists spewing his dialogue out constantly.

Red pill me on the Stake Driver

>online is full of twinks and edgelords
I should have know better than to boot up during a reddit event.

fuck this game

was going to draw him but Im not in a good mood so have this lazy shit

NHJAAAAH

>casually bitchslaps you for half your health

who wants to battle im finding too many pussies

what level

>implying bbg aren't the reddit twinks and edgelords

Go get their dregs then smash vermin on them

lmao go to one of the chalices in the op and post where and when you do so I can teach a fucking scrub ass nigga how to play for a bit

ATTENTION /BBG/, TONIGHT EVERYONE JOINS THE HUNT!

THE BLACK MOON REBOOT HAS BEGUN, HUNTERS FROM EVERY MAJOR COMMUNITY ARE STARTING NEW CHARACTERS TONIGHT! JOIN US!!

Also there was some talk about color coding your hair based on where you came from

Red for r/bloodborne
Blue for Gamefaqs
Yellow for Fextralife
?bald? for /bbg/

ight teach me how to play in the hizzngr3

>hizzngr3
can you choose a different one, like preferably not the reddit chalice on the day of their epic reddit revival

Garbage

>Mfw fighting HMPH with the Kirkhammer

Starting to regret my weapon choice now.

WE WARNED YOU

I feel sorry for those guys, especially the ones begging for death in that dark room.

>tfw the crying stops

I'm surprised they never made one of pic related a chalice boss, sort of like how they throw random Brainsuckers and Loran Silverbeasts as bosses.

Although, I suppose I should be grateful. I fucking hate Madmen.

So I figure for my Reddit stomper twink I'd just through some Fire gems into an LHB and gouge Vit until BL43.

That should suffice, right?

No

Go level ARC instead if you're gonna use elemental gems

Fuck the Living Failures aren't a joke on NG++

Where at?

Well I was gonna get it to 18 for Augur.

Here's the thing with elemental gems.
They make your weapon damage scale only with Arc.

If you are gonna put any elemental or arcane gem on a weapon then just get the min reqs to equip it and lvl Arc otherwise you are gonna do shit damage.

You should try a Skl Twink with a Church Pick.
Might be fun.

Make a wheel twink you fucking dummy

I'm BL200 and even I think that's just silly.

So, I've got two areas I want a buddy for. Upper Cathedral and Nightmare Frontier. Anyone up for either?

BL?

Frontier's going to be a cakewalk even solo, but I'm down for either/both.

It's not help I need so much as company. I'm down for Frontier. Password is lvl20

Alrighty. Omw.

RIP

Well that was fun. Sorry I kinda let myself get killed by the invader. Wasn't sure how seriously to take him, then two R1s killed me lol.

Invader Saif R1 spamming... can't write this shit.

Meet at UCW, then?

Thank you so very much. I apologize for the dickbag invader, he was healing before you even showed up.

Yes ma'am.

On my way.
I'm a dude.

Sshhhhhh I know

similarly surprised that they didn't have a boss Scourge Beast or boss Snatcher, or come to think of it, not using Cleric Beast as a CD boss

They probably knew they'd be far spookier if they were just random mobs.

>not using Cleric Beast as a CD boss
I really, really wish they had.

F

I wish they were bosses, those guys drop really good gems for specific purposes, and it would be better if they could drop Boss-quality gems.

Man, I hate some of the enemy design in Miyazaki's games. Those little maggots have me salty cut I can't play my normal footsies with them and they got me killed by a giant... twice.

Anyone wanna help me with Logarius? First run, pass is tor

anyone help out on the first NG+ boss? beat him first try last time, didn't learn him well enough to beat him ng+
will be trying by myself until an aus friend is willing to help

Roll
Hmm, I was gonna suggest him turning into a big kin monster mid fight but that would be dumb

pass is zax
will be ringing just got my shit pushed in

>first NG+ boss
Are you talking about Gascoigne or Cleric Beast?

BL?

I meant first dlc boss oop
Ludwig i think, is outside the fog a good place to ring?

Come on my European hunters, join me

im getting fucked up honestly BL 109
password is zax
need help with NG+ ludwig in australia
haven't needed a summon yet so i wanna try it out at least once and this fucker seems to require it

Please please I hate him

>Burning screaming madmen

Still need help? Where are you ringing?

By the lamp! Ringing now

Legend, I ran out of vials by the end gj

Yeah I noticed, you're welcome ;)

Is Holy Moonlight Sword a good "final" weapon for a strength/arcane character? I'm on my first playthrough ever and want to make use of it once I'm up to the DLC.

I was thinking of aiming for 25 str and 50 arcane, using Ludwig's Holy Blade for the bulk of the playthrough until I get Moonlight

Yeah, you won't get decent gems for split Str/Arc weapons until you finish the dungeons. 25/50 is common for the Holy Moonlight Sword. Ludwig Blade and a Fire Saw Cleaver/Spear will carry you through the game.

Yeah sounds perf to me as those are the exact 3 weapons I intend on using

First time player here, is there any reason I should spend points to Arcane or Bloodtinge when I could spend them on vitality or strenght?

For bloodtinge/arcane weapons?

arcane tools, bloodtinge weapons + firearms

Yeah, but the starting weapons aren't either of those, and so I sticked with STR and SKL leveling, ignoring the other two.

Is it even viable to start the game focusing on leveling ARC or BLDT? I noticed those weapons only come later in the game, so I might get my shit pushed in early game if I don't level strenght or skill

>Is it even viable to start the game focusing on leveling ARC or BLDT
Bloodtinge and arcane aren't for beginners. It's a long time in the game before either has useful weapons. If you know what you're doing, you'll be fine. Otherwise, yeah. Strength/skill is best for newcomers.

How is the PVP of this game compared to DS?

> Talking about STR/ARC builds
> Completly forgets to mention the motherfucking Wheel

Tonitrus and a Fire Saw Cleaver (you get gems after BSB) will carry you through the game. Boom Hammer can be fun as well.

Anyone want to help me with Orphan then Laurence? Both have been kicking my ass.

Pass is bojangle

Are there any cliffs or enemies that I can kill Simon with? It's taking me way more tries than it should to kill him myself

I should mention I am by Orphan at the moment.

You should also mention your level.

I'll help, where ya ringing?

What does HMPH stand for btw? Sorry for the newbie question

Ptumerian Descendant makes a HMPH noise when you fight him, it's not an abbreviation or anything

Ripped straight from False King Allant.

HMPH HMPH HMPH HMPH HMPH

H

Thank you anons! I still need to do Laurence so I'll head over there and ring if anyone's still interested in helping with him.

Ringing at the lamp or fog?

lamp

I'm bloodtinge guy, this is my first time commenting, yw