/edg/+scg/ 62: Feisar Best Team

Last thread: __________________________________
>Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC

>Gamescom info
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

Citizencon countdown:
>timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?p0=137&iso=20161009T15&msg=CitizenCon '16

>Current update
>Next update?
PTU mid/late October "Maybe" rumours persist it is with evocati now.
Latest ATV:
youtu.be/_7GG0y8Jmcs

Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/6zdp6frd6522ue8/Subscribers Vault.rar
mediafire.com/file/x2hvowlbweto5wd/Star Citizen Jump Point.rar
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB
youtubedoubler.com/?video1=gehC8NUAi88&start1=0&video2=yHfLyMAHrQE&start2=207&authorName=why we slap
youtube.com/watch?v=OB_AI9ukSp8
twitter.com/dsmart/status/781894733945798656
forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/121437/moved-to-off-topic-why-gaius-baltar-pledged
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

best ship is m50

Do not disturb the narrative.

OP forgot the paywall shit
mediafire.com/file/6zdp6frd6522ue8/Subscribers Vault.rar
mediafire.com/file/x2hvowlbweto5wd/Star Citizen Jump Point.rar
Shockwellenreiter, freedom for all information

Best ship.

can't wait to cave in that canopy

why use a zipfile when there is a pastebin?

pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

Reposting

youtubedoubler.com/?video1=gehC8NUAi88&start1=0&video2=yHfLyMAHrQE&start2=207&authorName=why we slap

I can't wait to laugh when that shit still has struts directly in your face.

started flying constellation and fuck, you can barely see through the HUD, let alone struts. I find myself going decoupled, nosing the ship down and turning on freelook, just so I can see out the unobstructed top panel.

repostan Sean Tracy

youtube.com/watch?v=OB_AI9ukSp8

6:55
>64bit didn't improve performance, if anything it's a little worse

What happened to no mans sky?

Used to be part of this general

Sean lied, preorderers cried

Disappointment, asshurt and shitposting.

Brought about an annoying level of shitposting. You can discuss it just like most other space games, but don't expect to see it 'officially' added to the title.

In case you have shitty internet you can have the full thing at once while your shit's still up. There's also the Subscriber Vault that isn't a part of the Jump Point that's in there.

the game no longer falls apart if maps are more than a few miles across
but this doesn't ``improve performance''

Guys, what happened to Diaguandri system?
It used to be a fucking discount toolshed for spaceships and now Ray Gateway is completely missing the outfitting section and Somethingsomething-Vista barely has any modules

I believe the user is selectively misquoting Sean Tracy in an attempt to create what is colloquially known as bait around these parts

>specifically says people calling cryengine a bad choice are wrong because of all the tools it has for procedural planets that they will now be heavily relying on
based

do submarines or anything really charge up their radars and then discharge all at once? I guess that would be sonar not radar

I was expecting the ships to be more like modern aircraft with the radar arrays that scan in a pattern

I was merely picking out a soundbite that I can see being easily misinterpreted or intentionally misrepresented in the future.

this is on the level of saying that eating is worthless because you have to shit though

>Charge up their radars

I'm certain a submarine has an active sonar constantly outputting pings and scanning whatever it picks up.

>i wasn't really baiting guys honest

I assume you're talking about the golf swing thing. yes, active sonar sends out a ping that reflects off objects in range and that reflected noise is in turn read as an irregularity that tells them something is there. you aren't charging anything up though, which is why the golf swing doesn't make a lot of sense. you should be able to calibrate the strength of the ping at your leisure, though being able to detect it based on it's strength is still a neat idea.

call it whitehat bait. an innocuous vaccine shitpost to put you on guard against the real thing which will undoubtedly follow

no he literally said that because he's an honest guy. Making something 64bits long doesn't make it more efficient. It's necessary to make the levels bigger

Well I uninstalled Elite. It feels good, bros. It feels real good.

space news: unmanned craft Rosetta commits suicide, takes pretty pictures of it's desolate unearthly tomb

www.space.com/34267-rosetta-comet-mission-final-photos.html

God our universe is shit.

>Sean Tracy talks about how bland and boring the single layer procedural generation is in comparison to what they're going for
>Rosetta sends along some pics that look exactly like the gamescom single layer 'bland' moon surface

Do you have a point are you just being retarded? Because the point it seems like you're trying to make is next-level retardation. Like you came from the future, bringing back all the secrets of advances in retardation decades beyond us.

>unterraly tomb

please don't be confusing people

I guess he's trying to make Elite: Dangerous sound good. Sadly I've played Horizons and I regret it.

>casually mentions cities as a procedural biome

Those never work out well

Wew laddy what are you even this bumrustled about

The 'point' is simply that 99% of space is like the 'boring' v1 gamescom stuff. It's just an observation

>Well I uninstalled Elite

Uninstalled months ago. It's a good feeling isn't it? Like you're not shackled to the wide VISION enhanced ride anymore.

>twitter.com/dsmart/status/781894733945798656
>after two months of fighting
>two months

smhatcigtbqhfam

Really makes you think...

>Gaius Baltar

Hey I remember that guy from the forums. Carebear that pitched a shitfit at the mere mention of PvP.

So this is what Smarties are like, people so terrible at the game of life that even the shithole that is the RSI forum has rejected them.

Wew lads.

I don't understand. Why would you put so much money into it if you thought it was going to fail?

>Hey I remember that guy from the forums. Carebear that pitched a shitfit at the mere mention of PvP.

iirc Gaius was a big pvp supporter. Wasn't he the one that wanted to ram everyone to spark world pvp?

Also...

>getting upset because someone got a refund

Shitizen alert!

>Wasn't he the one that wanted to ram everyone to spark world pvp?

No he wanted to ram people who would attempt to PvP him because he wanted to be left alone.

>iirc Gaius was a big pvp supporter

No he's this guy

forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/121437/moved-to-off-topic-why-gaius-baltar-pledged

I have a couple screengrabs from that dickhead back when we used to play Stupid Shit From RSI. he was 11k deep? kek.

>when we used to play Stupid Shit From RSI

Good times. I'd say about half of those were posted by me.

He's not wrong, this game was made for mouseniggers

>mouseniggers

Oooooh nostalgia. Here let me reciprocate.

Hotasses GTFO, fucking autistic old men.

Speaking of nostalgia, how many goons are now in the official /scg/ org of 2012?

>how many goons are now in the official /scg/ org of 2012?

All of them of course.

I don't understand any of these people who want a game to fail. At least give it the chance to disappoint you instead of calling it shit before it even really exists. At least voice your concerns in a reasonable, well thought out way that doesn't make people think you're just an asshole. But to demand a refund and then start talking with other people about how you're so glad you're out of that "sinking ship" and are going to enjoy "watching people drown with it"?

What the fuck went wrong with their brains?

the screenshot was mostly for the 'skill don't real' part

only the ones smart enough to hide it

>I don't understand any of these people who want a game to fail.

It's a schadenfreude thing. Besides anyone willing to throw 10k at pretend spaceships has to be a little wrong in the head to begin with.

ah the days when they would post their dual affiliations to brag, and then fail to hide it again before we caught them. good times.

>immigration denied, visa rejected

I don't get it. Why would you deny that one when your inner circle is almost entirely goons?

>ah the days when they would post their dual affiliations to brag, and then fail to hide it again before we caught them. good times.

The only reason why you caught them is because random anons pointed it out to you, while laughing at your incompetence.

I guess. I'm 5k in with no regrets. But the idea that I could spend all that money on what amounts to a dream project and then abandon it on a whim and the advice of madmen seems to take such a devotion to insanity that I can't fathom it.

Well Gaius also got banned from RSI so there's a healthy amount of anger from that too.

>both of these happened at least a year before Trump made it cool

>Trump

Ameripleb please, this is yurop time. Go to bed and dream of your cheeto jesus.

You can have the thread back in the morning.

>CR: I want to make a great space game, pls gib moneys
>GB: Sure I'll give you 11,000 dollars because I think you can make a great game and because I expect to be given creative control despite it being made clear I won't be
>CR: Whoa people gave me a lot of money, I'm going to make this space game even better than you expected, here I'll show you what I'm working on
>GB: Hey now I demand the shitty Wing Commander 5 I expected in return for my no-strings donation, also I demand to never be pvped
>CR: Eat a dick son
>GB: Give me my drop in the bucket moneys back then and I'll enjoy watching you fail without my 11,000/125,000,000 with millions more constantly coming in
>CR: Yeah good luck with that and when you come crawling back you'll find you're banned from the game 4 lyfe nigga :)

Banning someone from posting there is like a blessing, really. All you need to do is pay attention to the DevTracker, read their posts to the forums, and forget about the rest of the horrible cesspool. I can't imagine why someone would be angry they can no longer wallow in filth.

I sort of enjoyed but felt sorry for people who got refunds before GamesCon. Lot of people wanted their original pledges back. Lot of people got fuck all for their trouble.

>I can't imagine why someone would be angry they can no longer wallow in filth.

He enjoyed the attention.

Is it just me or does CIG really like to show off their crytek-created nignogs?

don't they only have two? they just use whatever head is convenient. also the guy in the somali to planet video is a sq42 character

If you rewrote a grahics engine to do shit it was never meant to, wouldn't you crow about it a tiny amount?

This. Crytek wasn't created to show black people, they had to do a ton of refactoring to get it to render non-white characters.

it's a support group circle jerk, they need support and justification so they can follow development and shit on it because they felt like were tricked and if people feel stupid they want to have the last laugh otherwise they would feel stupid because they are egostistical and petty

so to make themselves feel important and special they trumpet as loud as they can about how they are special and dont have to care anymore and they have washed their hands of it... or have they?

i mean any sane and reasonable person would get their refund and move on with their life wouldn't they? there's nobody that won't let it go and keeps on to a game they have no ties too right? that would be clinical insanity

>Crytek wasn't created to show black people

Well it was made by Germans.

>Crytek wasn't created to show black people, they had to do a ton of refactoring to get it to render non-white characters.

kek

Underrated post

I would have laughed more if it said Cryengine. Instead it just activated my autism but I held it in check and did correct him.

>Lot of people wanted their original pledges back

I don't understand these people. Do they have nothing else in their lives? It was made clear by CIG a long time ago that a refund meant all or nothing.

I'm glad to have my money back, and I'm over the whole LTI bullshit. Following this while no longer having any money in this is very nice. If things go tits up, then no biggy.

Yet here you are talking about it unable to let go. Proud of yourself like you did something special.

Well, you can still get both games for the price of a single AAA normal release, so it's still worth it to at least have $60 in. Any more than that, says the person with a $5000 USD pledge amount, is probably not worth it, ultimately.

no, he wants to feel smug and talk about it every chance he has

Shoo shoo shitizen

Indeed. But I'm going to hold off on 60 bux until there's more to do in-game.

Again, shoo shoo shitizen.

>STAR CITIZEN 3.0 (JESUS PATCH) COMING IN 2016

>Chris lied (again) to raise money at GamesCom2016. It’s just not happening. The End.

>Even the upcoming 2.6 patch (the last one before the big leap to all the 3.0 promises) is currently in the first Evocati testing stage. It doesn’t contain Star Marine. It’s now Oct 2016.

>UPDATE: In today’s pre-recorded AtV broadcast (16:19), they’ve now gone on the record saying that what Evocati are now testing, isn’t even 2.6, but 2.5x. Which means that 2.6 – whatever that is – will be their end of year patch. My sides.

Really gets the synapses firing...

Fair enough. My impulse is to get in hard and fast, and it's served me well so far. There haven't been all that many things that disappointed me; I can count them on a single hand. 3.0 will probably be where you jump in, since you've already missed all the early backer stuff. I'll be sure to let the thread know what's what with 2.6 and 3.0 when they arrive.

I don't understand people who gamble and then want their money back. shit is spent, even if I didn't like where it was going I wouldn't try to get it back. it was disposable income, if you needed it you shouldn't have given it to videogames.

>come to thread about game
>tell game players to leave

The difference is that target dates were missed and Chris promised refunds and then tried to deny them all.

Nice try, shitizen

Calling someone a shitizen is like calling someone a nigger, I think. It's not about what they call themselves, what their skin color is or what game they play: it's because they're assholes.
'Course, you also got THIS asshole: And this one Probably the same person, but it's pointless to try to confirm that. The sentiment's the same. In fact, I'd call them shitizens, too, since they're shitting things up around it just as much.

who invited the goons?

why are you here? you have no vested interest you just wanna whine and be that guy that goes "i got a refund i'm special thanks derek!"

go to back to 10bux aldn and jerk your lord dr smart off

>n-no u

kek

>who invited the goons?

Ved

How much do you hate yourself that you go to SA to get your memes?

>I'd call them shitizens, too

Then the word stops having meaning ya git

they never once claimed the flight overhaul was 2.6
>retards overhype themselves and expect things that weren't promised
>get let down by their own wrong expectations
>get mad enough to demand refunds and get their money back
>still follow the game
>STILL overhype themselves and get mad about unfulfilled non-promises

>The rumors and leaks keep on coming – and from most of the studios associated with the project. The most prominent rumors that seem to be picking up steam are that layoffs and high-profile exits are coming, that they’ve literally run out of money to build Chris’s dreams in the long term, and that Sandi and/or Ortwin may be on the way out.

Wew...

It's memes from SA. It has no connection to actual reality, it's just a bunch of salty goons sitting around in a safe space jerking each other off

Then there's this faggot ITT who keeps copy pasting this shit here

>Wew...

Could you please stop doing what you're doing?

As long as they keep being part of the Star Citizen community (albiet by being massive, whiny douchebags every time it comes up) by not just fucking moving on like reasonable fucking adults, they too can be shitizens.

>Though we’re still trying to get first hand confirmation with the authorities, there is also word that a complaint was filed with the CA Department of Labor regarding overtime at the studio

This is some low effort /b/ tier shiat

I am ashamed to share a general with you user

>Ved
actually, I was just deliberating about bringing that up. it feels like naming the org is shitpost fodder, but since you've taken on that burden I'll indulge myself and ask if we can't put the last nail in the coffin of this idea that Ved is full of goons, given that we're among the few ITT that actually play and discuss the game on a regular basis, while the goons have pretty much unilaterally turned against the game as a concept. Do any of them actually play it or even foresee a future in it? I feel like you'd probably be excommunicated from the SA clique if you were caught having fun in Crusader right now.

what do you figure, 90 days tops?

>TheAgent is back!

>Once again, TheAgent is back with more leaks and rumors. As always, a hefty vial of salt is highly recommended.

>the leaker back in august told me there was new mocap going to be put in after citcon in october

>but! sandi has been getting paid to do the fill in mocap for the female models for the last few months

>and! sandi will also be in the new scenes in october/november

>these are not technically “reshoots” since its new material, but had to be added since some actors are no longer available or desire to work with roberts and the script was rewritten (again, for the 3rd time after principle shooting)

>the last leak on mocap shooting was $29m, is now a projected $40m+ (one person said 60m but I dont believe that

>unconfirmed: ortwin is now distancing himself from the project, requesting a buyout

>confirmed: legal ramifications for unpaid overtime due to an “anonymous letter” sent to the california labor commissioner

>3 absolutely key guys are leaving

>the money has run out

>les dennis is appearing in sq42

>cig are being sued for 50 mill + by a group of investors and whales

>an ex senior staff member has been questioned by police after a xxxxx was brutally xxxxx in a xxxxxx

This is going to be a bigger shit show than NMS.

>Do any of them actually play it or even foresee a future in it? I feel like you'd probably be excommunicated from the SA clique if you were caught having fun in Crusader right now.

It's not all Goons no. It's a subset of salty forum dwellers who were later joined by other goons attracted to the shitpostan who hadn't even heard of Star Citizen.

The SA thread even got shut down a couple of times for getting out of line. Think of it like a containment board.

Most rank and file goons think the smarties are all just a bit nuts