/pg/ - Persona General

Previous thread NEWS
>Goropocalypse recorded : imgur.com/a/ygVVS
>P5 Translations: p5anon.imgur.com/
>Trophies imgur.com/a/AwlYV
>Full Soundtrack mega.nz/#!SkhyDCDb!qlwAxLlyc1dNkBek3cJtT12Hf_oBXOaIm71Y9Vompy0I
>Locations/Dungeons/Misc imgur.com/a/FEkpW
>Portraits mega.nz/#!R0EzxIyb!WRA_4wI_4nOuZzrjbTeW8mo9LdfFn5Cx4y0HzYS8MG4
>Other Images mega.nz/#!OYpigabJ!pd65YCwLuIWjHFCMuDNvkjaNvkQSLrQAWVxVvwXzivc
>The Soundtrack can be found at domi-persona.tumblr.com/post/150303511502/p5-ost-unzip-pw-sharebymamoru-updated
>P5A: the Day Breakers is out and subbed on Nyaa
>P3: Winter of Rebirth BD rips are out on Nyaa
>Persona 5 released in Japan; February 14th in North America and Europe + PAL regions
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for pre-orders at Gamestop and Amazon
>20th Anniversary FES to take place at 3331 Arts Chiyoda in December 2016

SCANS
archive.is/U8Ka0
archive.is/FaYLc

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FTIBbvTxMhA
youtube.com/watch?v=QVi6j8OEk94
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is the likelihood that he died a virgin /pg/?

you wouldnt marry your non-imouto would you pg?
of course you would

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

0%

Any evidence on that claim, pardner?

I finished P4G. Feels really easy by comparison, i only ever went into the TV the night before people needed to be rescued and did the whole dungeon and boss in one day.
Killed a few golden hands and never needed to grind again. P3 was not kind to me.

have you been skipping fights in tartarus? for that matter, have you been making it to the barriers in tartarus?

I don't ''get'' how to play persona.

To be specific, I'm fine with the gameplay + story but fusions and social links.. I have zero idea what to do.

I just dont get who I should be seeing or what the fuck I should be fusing.

I'm playing P3 and I decided to join the kendo team because apparently it gives stat boost to the chariot persona which sounds like STR, right? And which group should I fuse this with? For example what the fuck is pixie, is that magic? And what happens to my STR if I fuse a charriot with a pixie? Do I loose my Str? Should I just give up?

Asides from meme, do you think Haru and Goro will make a good couple if shits didn't happen?

I want to hug Maya.

No, now fuck off.

No. Goro is incapable of love.

It's an old ass meme started by some user that's convinced Potter is from Sumaru City.

pls gib persona 5 another story

100%

your player character does not have combat stats.

social links give an xp bonus to fusions, meaning they will start at a higher level (this is mostly important because personas learn new abilities at certain levels). when a persona starts to become obsolete, just fuse it and trade up

How do you skip fights?
If you mean going to tartarus often, i only go to reach the nearest level to needed to fuse a new persona from one of my maxed social links.
I don't know what floor i should be at, but i'm at floor 98 and have beaten the boss for it.

Goro can't experience love, he has the mental state of a child and doesn't understand how to handle relationships because he's never had a genuine demonstration of love in his life. He's very fucked up. He can't even come to terms with having liked Joker without screaming in denial.

Goro sees the PT as 'Joker + others', he never got close enough with anyone but Joker so any relationship by default wouldn't work

>yfw Atlus USA rewrites the story, and claims that Goro escaped

i mean not just running pat shadows and going up as soon as you find the stairs. being able to make it to the barriers that gate progress in tartarus to the full moon bosses is a good way to judge if you're at the right level range

it has begun

W-why?

but what's in the case??

I'm level 32 and i'm 32 hours into the game, most of it was grinding, doing it at the highest floors i could reach. And the game expects me to be at least level 45. I don't know how i would have coped on normal mode, let alone hard. Am i just doing something wrong?

Anyone kind enough to translate?

almost assuredly
post your persona spread

Translation pretty please

>The best velvet girl
Reminder.

WHY ;_;

Source?

It's a pixiv image, user.

protip pixiv filename ids are the same as their url

Oh thanks, I didn't know that. It will make it easier next time

Virtue-37
Mothman-37
Orthrus-33
Lamia-25
High Pixie-21
Naga-17
Fortuna-17
Nigi Mitama-12

Everything except the top 3 are from shuffles.
I had to work really hard just to get media on Orthrus.

I'm no music expert, but is the piano playing in P2's VR theme actually a harpsichord?

It's a dream in which Potters asks Goro why is he making such a grim face, to which he answers that he's been having nightmares lately. Then Potter goes get yourself together and do your best and all that jazz. Goro then says he's happy of having someone he can rely on.

Then he wakes up and realizes it was all a dream. Then lines like "I'm not your friend", "There's no hope for me" fill the subsequent panels.

First and last lines are "I just had the worst dream".

W E W LAD

Is this considered necrophilia

yknow it might actually be now that i listen to it
either that or slightly dodgy samples

oh dear

>04:32:53
das it mane

>just crashing junkie style and sleeping on the floor
heavy stuff

>Then lines like "I'm not your friend", "There's no hope for me" fill the subsequent panels.

stuff is getting legit sad now

It just sounds like it's plucked instead of struck.

youtube.com/watch?v=FTIBbvTxMhA

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeet! No one had thought about possible necrophilia art/doujins.

"I'm not your partner."
"I'm not a good guy at all."
"There's no redemption for me."
"There's not future for me."

yeah, especially on the higher notes

I did the wrong thing.

Also he talks about how he just killed someone

STOP IT, JUST, STOP IT
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, STOP

I WANT TO STEAL BACK MY FUTURE WHERE GORO IS NOT A BAD GUY AND ALWAYS HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND LIVES HAPPILY EVER AFTER

yeah, one could assume he had this dream after killing Potter

Your MC doesn't have stats of his own, besides HP and SP. Whatever Persona you currently have equipped determine his characteristics and abilities in battle. The fact that he can carry multiple Personas means that MC can serve many roles in battle and change on the fly, unlike your party members. Also, fused Personas are both customizable and much stronger than a Persona you earn after battle, so fusion is very important.

Social links are also important because they give bonus EXP when fusing Personas. So if you rank up the Chariot s.link, for example, any time you fuse a Persona that is part of the Chariot arcana, it will start off with more EXP and probably level up a few times upon creation. Once you max out an s.link, the ultimate Persona of that arcana will be unlocked for fusion and it'll be very OP if you can make it.

All you need to know how to make good fusions is to take your weakest Personas and fuse them into stronger Personas. Strong Personas have good stats, good abilities, and few elemental weaknesses. Since the abilities a Persona inherits from its "parents" are random in P3, if you don't like the skills you're going to get you can cancel the fusion and try again to reroll its ability set. There's an actual formula involved where the levels and arcanas of the "parent" Personas determine the resulting Persona, but if you're a beginner don't worry, you can get good results just with a trial and error approach.

Just play the game some more and its systems will start making sense to you.

When you compare it to P1's VR theme, it sounds like a regular piano.

youtube.com/watch?v=QVi6j8OEk94

I always thought P2's VR theme has such an mysterious sound compared to the others, and harpsochords really give out that feeling compared to a piano.

Just let him rest user

RIP in pancakes, my sweet angel.

it's kind of a tossup for me. i like how sparse and simple the p1 version is, the way it sticks to the conceit of it literally being belladonna and nameless performing it, but the p2 arrangement has that ethereal quality that gives it a feeling of otherworldliness

I unironically want a game where you play as Sho. Action battle system seems to be a given but what else? Awkward life sim elements where you have to choose between puns and edgy answers?

>but the p2 arrangement has that ethereal quality that gives it a feeling of otherworldliness

I think that's the P2 version is my favorite VR theme.

Though I really wish P5 didn't use the same arrangement as P3/4. It would have been nice if it had its own thing.

Why does Garcian wear Kyouji's suit? K7 for PC when?

I think the new theme in 3/4/5 has become associated to the persona games as a whole.
Remixing it will risk a lot of angry fans, though i do agree, while the VR theme in 3/4/5 is nice, i kind of want to hear a new arrangement.

DLC
L
C

what if
>P5 has different VR theme
>when Yaldoboo fucks off it goes back to the P3/4 one

>tfw no harmonica & chain gang vocal harmony arrangement to fit the prison theme

t-thanks

Fans weren't that mad that P3 isn't like P2 when P3 first came out. If P5 is what P3 is to P2, then it should have its own arrangement. That's just me though. Atlus caters to the boring oatmeal Japanese fans.

I'd be open to that, though it would be cooler if the VR had the usual song and when the real Igor comes in, it's a new Aria of the Soul. Yogibear is only imitating the old VR to not rouse suspicion maybe.

It's suffering.

so like killer is dead but with awkward friendships instead of (somewhat unintentionally) awkward bar flirting?

wtf is this shit

i asked for rape doujins, not makemefeellikeshit doujins

This is vey familiar.

I'd be down honestly, it'd be funny as fuck and could be fun

It came from this.

yeah i'd play the shit of a sho game that didn't take itself too seriously

someone should edit a bullet hole in goro's head

Is the P5 dub still going to have the honorifics?

I hope not

of course user-koon

Historically speaking, I dont see why it wouldn't, I just hope we dont get English Paisen

CLASSMAN UPPER!

desu, I would rather they just found something to replace the reverse syllables with like they did with the Kuma/Unbearable swap for Teddie.

You know damn well she's going to be speaking in 3 year old memes.

Honestly, I would take them over English Paisens

Much meme
So old
Such referencing

that was epic senpai, epic for the win

Christ now I'm imagining Goro living like an insane person.
>His apartment (or where ever he lives) is even more of a disaster than Futaba's room
>Regularly crashes when he gets home and just sleeps in his clothes
>Killing himself is the first thing he thinks about when he wakes up in the morning
>Probably has several disgusting habits no one can know about
>Probably self-medicates or self-harms
>His hair gets long because he can't remember/doesn't bother to cut it
>He never cooks for himself or cleans his own clothes, he always goes out to eat and sends his clothes to the dry cleaners
>The one thing he does do is take showers. Lots of them.
>He could afford a housekeeper with Shidou's money but he won't let anyone inside his living space due to paranoia

Do the samurai costumes play unique themes?

go back to tumblr

you forgot the blackout curtains and bare walls, also delivery is superior to eating out because you don't have to leave your den or interact with people

n-not that ive ever lived like a crazy hermit or anything

Stop your madness. This degree of character butchering to fit the trope of a mental illness is only found on tumblr. Next thing you know retards with little regard for personal hygiene and think they have suicidal tendencies will look to Goro for representation. Fuck tumblr.

As a professional hitman, there's no way Goro would let himself go like that.

No, he'd have to learn to take care of himself for the past 17 years. I can't imagine anyone with that degree of incompetence living past 5 desu.

I miss swimming lessons

>Goro is good at household chores and cleaning

truly the best husbando

If he can cook, he'd be almost as best as Katsuya.

>no black mask Goro encounter in mementos to my knowledge
I mean, not everyone has a palace. Would build him up other than mentions after boss fights. Might even see him causing rampages.
>you will never identify with a murderous nutjob and claim he was a dindu

That list is pretty tame for a hitman. Now if he weren't getting proper nutrition or had a severe drug addiction that could be a problem for a hitman.

>also delivery is superior to eating out because you don't have to leave your den or interact with people

You gotta go out once in awhile if only to keep your social skills sharp enough to manipulate people like puppets.

He probably eats instant foods more often but i think at least he'd be able to do simple dishes. He did have to live alone for years after all

idk I always imagined he'd be decent at cooking, not great, but decent to live by.

Third best then
Katsuya, Kanji, and then Goro.