Boomers

Boomer thread?
Boomer thread.

Why do they overprice everything?

This Chrysler 5th Ave is mint, but shouldn't cost more than 6k on a good day.
newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/5728349704.html

Post stories about boomers, and craigslist ads for overpriced shit owned by boomers.

Other urls found in this thread:

nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1985/Chrysler/Fifth-Avenue/4-Door-Sedan/Values
ebay.co.uk/itm/1941-Ford-Deluxe-Coupe-Hot-Rod-Rat-Rod-Logo-Patina-Project-/322220658975?hash=item4b05d9111f:g:qMUAAOSwHoFXqFt~
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/north-plympton/cars-vans-utes/1977-valiant-drifter-panel-van-v8-4-speed/1116378179
westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/5690622319.html
moparonlineperformance.com/product-p/p5153526.htm
newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/5728349704.html
82.199.155.15/pdf/Tales From The Dealership.pdf
pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/5732396571.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why do boomers.. love to type... using ellipsis...?

I found a two tone white-gray Benz W126 560SE with 600,000 miles, every single body panel with dents in it, the grille smashed in in a number of places, the paint peeling and cracking off the car, along with tears and rips in the leather, and a missing trim piece for $6,500 in front of a wealthy-looking house once.

>"Meticulously owned! I take car of my cars!"
Yeah, fuckin' sure you do, pal. Hope you continue collecting those social security checks, because you're not gonna make a dime selling that piece of shit.

They don't understand the concept of communicating via technology. They type as though they're actually speaking, complete with ... deliberate pauses

>Car is only for sale to a museum... or Chrysler historical collection...
I don't understand, does he think a museum will contact him through craigslist?

And lol at a car from 1985 costing $17k. I mean, it's a nice car, but it's an emissions strangled shitbox that only appeals to people who like boxy boats.

JESUS CHRIST CAN YOU PEOPLE STOP ASKING ME ABOUT THE PICKUP IN MY YARD ALL THE TIME, I'M NOT SELLING, THIS THING IS GOING TO GET RESTORED SOMEDAY

And when the dick finally drops dead it'll be a pile of rust.

Bunch of stupid fucking millenials in this thread...that car in the OP is a classic. Do you children not understand that those cars are NOT being made anymore? And more and more are dying. If the fellow in the ad is telling the truth about everything he said then that car is easily that price. Stupid kids on the internet dont know good shit even if it were to slap them in the face. Stick to your shitty Hondas lazy cunts.

It wasn't even a boat anymore at that time. The '80s Chrysler luxury cars were barely bigger than European luxury cars.

>Boomer detected

Hi Dad, nice to see you finally get comfortable with a computer

> Implying using a computer is hard
You kids try to act so smug for the simplest shit. You guys complete the simplest of tasks and want a pat on the back and post on the facebook about your GLORIOUS feats, as if you accomplished something grand. Well back then we would work our asses off younger than anyone now a days and we'd never get a pat on the back, or seek some form of assurance or assurance, because we could actually get shit done that needed to be done

The second assurance was supposed to be "attention" sorry. My point still stands

Grandpa, Are you gonna tell us the story about the glory days before black men could legally marry white women?

You mean negros?

Who gives a shit about that. In the good old days i just remember everyone being goddamn more appreciative of what they got. And people actually working hard and knowing what they're worth. Now we just have pokemon go sheep that cant go more than an hour without some form social media. Its pathetic. Back then if we wanted to socialize we'd go outside. Me and my boys used to hang out at the local diner and always have a blast. Chit chatting and such. Now you can't do any of that, shame..

You lazy fucks don't know anything about work. When I was 8 I was working in the steel mill, had to walk to work in the snow uphill both ways. I ate bread cut with sawdust.
When I was 16 I went off to fight Japs in the Pacific. I was storming Okinawa before your daddy had squirted you out of his nut sack.
You're lucky the greatest generation paved the way for you hippy shits.

> implying anything you just said is hard
Okay grandpa. War isn't that damn bad, bunch of babies

> Getting cucked in Vietnam

>that car is easily that price.
No it isn't.
nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1985/Chrysler/Fifth-Avenue/4-Door-Sedan/Values

Except OPs link is a limited edition car faggot.

When I say people who love boxy boats, I'm including myself. I guess it's not as big as a 70 Impala but it's still a huge car to most people

The size isn't even the biggest issue. Cars from the 80s don't have the reliability of cars from 2000s+ or the simplicity of cars from the 60s and earlier, it's a shit tier era. Even then I'd drive the shit out of that car but not for anything near $17k

>uphill both ways

which means absolute shit. There's nothing special about it. it's just a Fifth Avenue with a rare option. Fifth Avenues are worth absolute shit, regardless of options. No one wants them. Just because it's older than dirt doesn't mean it's worth anything.
Example: I have a friend who bought a running 1966 Plymouth Valiant. For a dollar.

I like the Fifth Avenue. but it isn't worth shit.

>Back then

When a bar of Snickers cost only a nickel and gas was 3 cents a gallon?

>Getting cucked in any war

>Car is only for sale to a museum... or Chrysler historical collection...

You'd think he would have been able to contact a lot of these and throw them a great offer

That, or he could be full of complete and utter shit.

>odometer is 900k
Oh wow.
Also how can you tell that its a boomer and not some dumbass millenial who inherited it?

The way its written. Millennials grew up with computers, so they feel no need to type retarded pauses in their descriptions.

England does America
>Boomer Edition
ebay.co.uk/itm/1941-Ford-Deluxe-Coupe-Hot-Rod-Rat-Rod-Logo-Patina-Project-/322220658975?hash=item4b05d9111f:g:qMUAAOSwHoFXqFt~

Sent a screenshot of the NADA pricing too

If you want some fun we just had an LPG thread about your typical boomer trying to pass off a 70s mustang at his dealership, it was exceptionally fucked and he was trying to get $20k for it, will be in the archives

>I'll trade you my PS2

Still waiting for a reply

I might text the same offer to gs400goy for his Toyota IS250

>When I was 16 I went off to fight Japs in the Pacific
Do you know what a boomer is, ironic shitposting user?

Just sent this out, hopefully he accepts.

atleast that's in good condition
here, have this
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/north-plympton/cars-vans-utes/1977-valiant-drifter-panel-van-v8-4-speed/1116378179

westernmass.craigslist.org/cto/5690622319.html
This thing is the same condition, less miles, but without the all important "sunroof" option.
$2,295

Fag

Maybe you're just old

Top snek

I've always wanted to take a Diplomat, Gran Fury, or 5th Avenue and drop a 340 crate engine with an aftermarket EFI conversion in it.
moparonlineperformance.com/product-p/p5153526.htm

That, and taking a 560SEL and dropping an engine from a more modern AMG or an E23 745i and putting in an S85 V10.

well, thats just lewd

>newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/5728349704.html

>New York

that's par for the course

bump

>Go to GF's house for something to munch on(her pussy LOL!!!!!)
>her dad is home
>Old fat fuck electrical worker union fuck
>Drives a beat to shit dodge caravan that's more rust than steel
>Starts shittalking my 240sx because it's "jap crap"
>chassis is cleaner than his daughter's pussy
>His daughter's pussy is very clean btw
>Just stare at him going "Yeah uh huh" as he relates his nam stories about how charlie was obviously out to get some linecook, and how nissan is obviously Vietnamese
>Keeps talking about his old V6 autotragic camaro turd gen like it was some sort of fucking spaceship
>have to sit through this shit for nearly an hour before my gf finally decides to go out for dinner
She was like a zombie movie victim later that night. She just laid back and got eaten.

10/10

You know eating pussy is beta as fuck right?
it'd actually be less gay to fuck a guys ass

I have no idea what you're trying to achieve with that awkward fapfic, but here's your (you).

0/10 bait.
And I just want a living wage after working in the hot ass sun for 40 hours a week.

>calls post bait
>proceeds to bite on it
shig

Nice troll... opening up with ellipsis as you did... Well played sir.

Someone born after the war you dumb motherfucker

My thoughts exactly. Mfw already offending prospective buyers. Dumbasses

>implying people aren't working 3 jobs just to pay bills after your generation fucked everything up for us.
>implying people aren't working towards degrees while working to put themselves through school
>implying all you need is a high school degree or GED to land a job that will provide for you right out of highschool until the day you die.

Idk what people you're talking about, but maybe if you didn't raise such shitty kids who went off and had thier own shitty kids you wouldn't project so hard on an entire generation (one that dwarfs yours btw)

Thank u for ur service

I like bait user.

This
Also jobs for life don't exist anymore, and company pensions will not provide enough to retire on unless you pay in so much you can't afford to live, or work till you're 75.

>the car is negotiable
>listed at $17,500
>but remember...I want at least...$17,000...for the...car

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>I'm only willing to negotiate less than 3%

Bah!
When I were a lad, it were 50 miles to schoo every day, uphill, in the snow, both ways. We barely had time to get home and eat our supper of gravel and get beaten by our father's belt before we had to turn around and go back again. We didn't have time for work; we were too poor to afford shoes, so we went barefoot. In the snow. If you were lucky, the ice stopped your feet from bleeding on the broken glass the school used for floors.

kys beta weeb

I killed her pussy, does that count??

>1985 Chrysler Fifth Avenue - $17500
>The car is negotiable . .. let's talk... but remember I want at least $17,000.
what a retarded nigger.

This lack of rationality has always amazed me. Then by the time the fucking idiot drops dead, the family or estate holders have the rusted piles of shit hauled to a junk yard anyway.

its not a matter of typing how one speaks...i think it has more to do with fluency...they take so long to input their thoughts into the computer...that you end up with a string of semi-related thoughts...instead of a coherent dialogue like in a conversation or writing a letter....

L.O.L GOD BLESS

>b8

Link to thread pls

this this this this

This is exactly how my dad types except he uses fucking commas and it looks completely retarded.

i.e.
>Going to look at a car today, had one like it when I was young so hoping this one isn't a shitbox!

becomes
>good afternoon.,,,, going to look at a car today,,,,, had one like it when yong,, lots of good memories,,,, w/ luck this one will b good and not garbage like the usual, god bless and lord watch over,,,,,,, george
>p.s. linda i never got your last message?? phone might be working wrogn,,, [Editor's note: phone is working fine] please resent, interested in how the baby made out,,,, geo

HE RAN A FUCKING AIRCRAFT COMPANY

HE SPOKE FOUR DIFFERENT LANGUAGES FLUENTLY DEALING WITH CLIENTS AROUND THE FUCKING WORLD

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU END UP TYPING LIKE SUCH A RETARD

Because your family and he doesn't have to impress you

>Boomers deal with analog and mechanical everything for 50 fucking years
>Buttons on coffee maker that say "Min" and "Hr" somehow confuses and enrages them

that's a clean ass shell that's being restored.

it hasn't been sitting long at all.

He isn't even writing to me, that's an example of his Facebook postings (of which I don't even have one, I just see it when he inevitably fucks up his computer and I have to fix it).

It's not gay if it's rape

No. Then it's marriage

>> Implying using a computer is hard
if it isn't then why have there been such a smaller presence of normies and niggers on the internet until smart phones became the norm?

is there an archive of these threads?

>user trying to pretend to Veeky Forums he has a gf

82.199.155.15/pdf/Tales From The Dealership.pdf

you the real MVP user

>i know what i got

I think it has to do with old people not being up to date with technology, in the past you could almost name your price if you had something rare and you knew someone wanted, because there was less choice (or seemingly so - without the internet and ease of access to the whole countries car sales)

being able to see every single car for sale while sitting at home has really created a true value for products, such as cars, while most logical people will look online and see what the current rate of X car is, old people dont use the internet and instead say what they think it's worth, and if you disagree they think they're old/wise enough to think it's just part of the bargaining process and so they just sit on their price without considering what you say because (old people know best and young punks cant tell them what to do)

My dog ate some of my kids crayons. The next day his shit was multicolored. It was a limited edition shit. I didn't save it because although very rare with only a production run of 7 turds it was still just shit.

No boomers watch mecum auto auctions and many many auto restoration reality tv shows that's plaster these insane car prices. There's also a classic classfields magazine called Haggerty that has been around for a while. It is because of technology (mostly in the form of cable tv) that boomers came up with these prices.

Hagerty and shit like that is actually realistic, but boomers are retarded and don't realize that $100k 1969 Corvette has an L89 package and went through a $70k ground-up restoration to make it factory correct.

Mr. Boomer's 1969 Corvette with the Edelbrock crate engine and automatic transmission and rat piss interior is not worth $90k.

Also, the guy from OP's post hasn't emailed me back about trading his Chrysler for my Civic and PS2. That has to be the best offer he has gotten for it so far.

Reminds me of my uncle.

He has the last fiero ever made. Yes, that's right, THE LAST FIERO EVER MADE!

He worked at the gm plant that made them, and he bought it brand new, drove it home, and parked it in his garage. It's been sitting on blocks in there, ever since.

He seriously thinks it's worth a cool million.

Thanks, br/o/

pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/5732396571.html

Posted this in a Craigslist thread. I can almost guarantee this is a boomer. I've seen some stupid prices on these 87-93 mustangs, but this one blew my mind.

>25,000 for a car from 1988

>1978 Mustang
>One of only 130 cars made that year with gold paint, automatic trans, factory V6, automatic trans, and green interior.
>ONLY 130 OF THESE CARS MADE!!!
>SUPER RARE!!!
>$62,500 FIRM
>NO LOWBALLERS
>NO TIRE KICKERS
>NO JOYRIDERS
>I KNOW WHAT I GOT

>Why do they overprice everything?

in anticipation of getting ripped for their social security benefits,

>Mustang-mind

I guess the difference is my uncle would never actually sell his last fiero ever made, He really thinks it's priceless. One time he said, "I'd sell my damn wife before I sell my Fiero!"

Just for guestimate purposes, he lowballs it at a million.

And it brings him pleasure owning this car that he, if I understand correctly, never drives?

Yeah...I guess. I'm sure the car is mechanically dead, Like i said it's sat in his garage since the 80s.

He's actually bought a lot of cars and never drove them. He had a mint condition 1968 cadillac in his garage that he drove home from the dealership, never drove, and just let it sit there and rot and became a home for skunks. Several other classic cars around his lot he bought new that rotted away.

His last fiero ever made though....that thing is fucking special, he keeps that in his garage, buried under a pile of christmas decorations, so it stays cherry.

>There is actually some GM factory worker out there thinking he's sitting on a million dollar Fiero.

I can't even imaging the retarded logic going through his mind when he dreamed up this shit. I wonder if we're going to experience the same shit with Pokemon cards in 30 years.

>Rare non-foil Raticate
>No low ballers
>I know what I got
>4k

Damn, too bad I sold all mine for $20 or some shit when I was like 11

Holy shit, he's fucking insane. Why do they like taking these cars and letting them rot? Constantly, it's:
>20 original miles
>rotted shell filled with mice

I've never understood people that would take running vehicles and just park them in a field for 20 years or a barn. What kind of fucking world did these faggots live in.