Daily Driving a stripped car

Is it a bad idea to daily drive a car with no carpet/headliner? Does it make any actual difference?
Pic related, currently looking at this car. It's a 1.4 Diesel VW Polo 86c coupe. Bad idea or should I go for it?

A stripped car isn't a bad idea.

A 1.4 diesel is however

Carpets keep out cold and noise.

/thread, fpbp, etc etc

I need to get 50+ mpg and still have some torque down low so that's why I want a tiny diesel.

How much of a difference is there between carpets and no carpets, considering it's a 26 year old car?

Once again pic related

Get something like a CRX instead, unless gas Golfs get similar empeegees to it

That Polo is not a bad car at all, but it is one of the most unsafe cars in that generation, hitting almost anything at almost any speed will result in serious injury and/or death

Other than that, for your question, there is nothing wrong with a car like that, it will be slightly faster, but also slightly more sensitive to strong winds

No can do, this polo has been fully restored and rebuilt (including full engine rebuild) and costs 750 euros which is all I have at the moment. In my country CRXs go for 3k+ and that's for a rusty old one.

A lot. I had to take out just my door panels off when I was doing my speakers, the noise levels were horrible, all the wind and road-noise passed through the bare metal. Go take it to a test-drive, you'll see.

Altough I don't think floor and door is the same, I can't imagine there being much differece.

Ah. That's a pretty fair price if everything checks out. Buy it, and if you own it for long enough and like it, buy some carpets and maybe a headliner.
I'd say at least get floor mats though, unless you want to vacuum out water, dirt, and dust from your floor every other day.

Engine pic

Capets keep in dirt and microorganisms.

>still have some torque down low
Your picrelated is not a TURBOdiesel.
Driving a 4-speed 1.3 petrol on bad roads tires my ears early and I can hardly imagine myself listening to diesel rattling in this car without any sound insulation.
>How much of a difference is there between carpets and no carpets
I bet fuckhueg, considering I had to lift them.
CRX in Europe is a rarity mang.
>hitting almost anything at almost any speed will result in serious injury and/or death
Hit a deer at 70 or 75 kmph. Depends on your luck but I didn't feel it, just heard a bang.
>No can do, this polo has been fully restored and rebuilt
Take it then, that's quite fun to throw it in corners. Just we I drive this gen and the later one and just love the older one.

You were lucky then, if you had swerved off road and hit a tree you would likely be paralyzed or dead

It doesn't even have airbags man

>It doesn't even have airbags man
Neither I consider that single airbag in my two newer cars a better solution. I choose instant death over being paralyzed and I've seen a pretty new Mazda 3 crashed (someone posted a pic of his mum's blue 3; she's dead even with those airbags although she wasn't going fast iirc).

And best luck for you, user. I'd still take it as it feels much closer to the road than anything newer available in here in similar price range.

So, basically this car loses comfort in favor of low fuel consumption, reliability and HEKTIK handling?

Once again pic related, lowered on BBS wheels.

>So, basically this car loses comfort
It has never had a bit of comfort but it can be comfy. Either on front "sport" seats or rear super spongy couch but sit in it before opting for a Polo in general, I myself am only 175 cm.
It's not hektik handling, I can't compare it to a Civic/CRX but it's just very likeable because of weight, directness and price of course.

And yeah, I can confirm the reliability although it is 26 yo already. You WILL replace the tank because the inlet is rotten and it better has no sunroof.

Pic related is the rear seats and a bit of the front passenger seat. Looks good enough to me.

No worries I have a year to take care of any issues before I can actually drive this car. I'm not getting my drivers license until a year from now.

just get a 1.9 147 cunt

Lol sure, with what money

>leaving an old car sitting around for a year

Hope you've got a garage to keep it in.

Oh, a 4-seater, mine is 5. Depends on their insides, they can also be concrete already, but seem to be still good at least.
Well, have fun. I have Haynes manual in pdf somewhere but I doubt it covered diesel version drivetrain-wise.
The driver's belt looks bad imo.
Btw, quads.
And what says.

Yeah I do, it's humid as shit though.

Thanks. I probably should consider other cars and maybe get some more money to buy something better but this just seems like a great deal.

My 70's truck has no headliner, no carpet, and only little plastic/pleather door panels for pulling the door closed.

It's not too bad noise wise, but it has big cushy high sidewall tires, soft worn out suspension, and higher ride height than a car. That makes it more quiet.

If you have a short drive, you'll probably be fine. My car ('14 commute-o-box) isn't stripped or anything but when I get in it the next morning and the radio is still turned up loud enough to startle me, I'm like "holy shit, I could barely hear that while driving."

I do it in the summer, it's not that bad.

I'm completely gutted in the back save for my headliner and door cards.

It will be loud and you can even hear your fuel bouncing back and fourth but overall, it's not bad.

In the colder months, just turn on your heater if you still have your heater core.

Looks like you've put in a lot of work into your Corolla. Just finished rebuilding my F20 into mine. Are you Cali based?

polos are shit tier in every way

just picked up this 406 2.0 HDI for £150

remapped it for £40

easily gets 50 mpg and its got ~160bhp

the engines are also bulletproof

>Is it a bad idea to daily drive a car with no carpet/headliner?
depends, it separates the enthusiasts from the posers

>Does it make any actual difference?
apart from being lighter and all the benefit it entails the negative is it will get hotter inside and you can potentially burn yourself from the transmission heat

also women don't like it unless its clean inside but that wont matter since there's no seat for them lol

>never used and abused a stripped car

you got me at noise but who cares about that?

>when through the thread and its not even close to being stripped

i thought you meant full on race mode

Very nice bro.

No, the previous owner did all the work, all I did was replace the radiator, replace the shifter for a T3 short shifter.

I'm considering getting an Autopower 5pt. cage to replace my old one with a harness bar but after I patch up the rust under my quarters.

I wish I was Cali based, I'm in BC, right above you across the border.

Also, since most of everything is already gutted, I might seam weld the chassis too.

You don't want to drive a stripped car. I don't know about you, but noisy tires bother me on long trips. I wouldn't want to deal with a stripped interior.

You also have to ask yourself why the previous owner stripped the interior.

>I need to get 50+ mpg and still have some torque down low
B11 Nissan Sentra / Sunny

Wiki
> 43 miles per gallon in city and 58 miles per gallon in highway

Can confirm. Once achieved 61mpg on a warm summer day. Usually averaged high 40's low 50's depending on how I was driving.

Even playing boy racer I was getting 35-40.

Depends on your level of tolerance. I still DD my rallycross car which is completely stripped and has a fixed back bucket seat, but I live in an area where I can enjoy the car enough to forget how uncomfortable it is.

Noise increase is a reality--especially if you take out the headliner and it rains, but if anything it actually made my car hotter. You've got one less layer of insulation keeping out the heat from the exhaust that's running under the cabin, and now you've got bare metal radiating heat from sunlight.

I daily an 06 accord sedan. It has nothing.
No carpet, headliner, back seat or door panels.
Its awesome

Also, if it's gutted, you will know right away if your quarter windows or sunroof start leaking or whatever and solve it before it rusts through your floorpan.

The AE86's sunroof has drain tubes that run along the a pillars and down into your kick panels and on your floorpans, stupid design.

It took me forever to wonder why I had puddles forming in the front driver floor.

Husky Liners keep in nothing and are fucking great

OP here, I refuse to believe anything with 160hp gets 50mpg. if so how?

Also I've decided to hold off on the car purchase until I have a bit more cash, considering that even useless garbage like a beat up Punto can go for 300 euros or more.
I'll probably just save up as much as I can for when the time comes.

fully stripped straight piped dorito fc reporting in

just straight pipe your car after you strip the interior, the exhaust will overpower all noises

Best reply