Am I the only one who feels that "racing" a car in reality is far easier than doing it in a game with a PC wheel and...

Am I the only one who feels that "racing" a car in reality is far easier than doing it in a game with a PC wheel and pedals?

Makes perfect sense

Racing games can simulate the physics all they want, but they can't simulate the feel. Feel is part of driving a car.

It's similar with flying. I find it much easier to fly a real plane than a digital plane.

Yes but VR and motion platforms can help

this.

also i think it's because when playing video games it's easier to lose concentration

walking irl is easier too

don't get stuck in walls and shit

yes, hard to get a feel for momentum
and in say 65% of games i can brake harder in a car than in the game.

>friend invites me to test drive his new Logitech wheel

>sitting at the desk on the computer chair with while using the pedals and the wheel feels so awkward
>pedals are way too fucking soft and way too less pedal way
>slight delay between steering movement and actual action in-game
>pedals keep slipping away
>wheel mechanics make annoying noise
>"feedback effects" rattle the whole shit like mad
>wheel gets loose from the desk and ...
that's it. fucking no.
>mfw
this was more frustrating and annoying than entertaining.
that day I felt like a gran autismo the very first time in my life.

Kek

In most games I tried the cars either understeered like a motherfucker or snap-oversteered without any warnings or oversteered no matter what you did. Fuck this. No middle ground.

>don't get stuck in walls and shit
Nice humble brag.

Your friend was just too fucked to set the wheel up properly.

>tissue box

classy

In my glory days I just had a roll of shit tickets. I sold the wheel and now this is my setup.

Because you don't drift through corners at 100mph in real life.

>Am I the only one who feels that "racing" a car in reality is far easier than doing it in a game with a PC wheel and pedals?

Nope, I've never been able to get the feel for racing games. I think a lot of it is just the feedback you get from a car that can't be accurately reproduced in a game. First time I took my car to a track (non competitively) it was hundreds of times easier to handle than in a video game.

Forza is pretty good, you just have to tune the cars correctly.

It is if you've got a bucket seat and harness to hold you in place. Otherwise, inertia is gonna be throwing your body around too much to notice the better feel.

lol

I honestly can't play car racing games, just no good at it regardless of the controller, pedals, wheels etc- it just doesn't click with me

>he isn't sponsored by Fanatec

what is force feedback even good for? it is shit and simulates nothing.
the only time when i get some kind of a force/movement from my car's steering wheel is when i accelerate hard while steering which is pretty rare.

a well set up toy wheel should go a bit light when you lose grip. also when you're in a FWD car and you floor it the wheel should try and straighten itself out. when you go over kerbs there should be a bit of rattling (in a real car you get most of this feedback through your butt, which a wheel obviously can't simulate).

real cars vary because some give you more feedback through the wheel than others.

i have trouble keeping track of the revs without being able to feel them

and something about the screen, maybe i play on shitty TV's or whatever, but i find it really hard to judge how far away a corner really is