Local Meets

New here. Didn't see any type of car meet or gathering threads. How about we post some pictures of local meets.

Here's one I went to.

They usually get together with about 30-40 people but it was raining and it wasn't our usual spot. They have a fast and furious tier meet in a Walmart parking lot. Dedicated cars for sound systems all over the lot and all. Too bad I didn't have my new car for it.

Also our camera guy wasn't there he was in Ohio so we didn't get many good pictures. Not like it was a giant set off anyways.

Here's a pic of the pre lineup that we went to the meet in. We ended up cruising to the meet with about 6 cars. I led the pack at that point. Was pretty cool. Call it cringy or whatever but im enjoying my first decent car.

Last picture for me. Just a pic of my car.

Custom bra on the way. Black with diamond stitching and red GTI lettering small on the right side. Badgeless front grill. Bumper placed fog lights soon. Gloss wrap mirrors black. Sandblast and powder coat wheels gunmetal grey. Front suspension raised by about an inch tomorrow. Sandblast and powdercoat calipers either fresh red or color match blue.

Also the car is dirty from the rain. Getting detailed soon.

Washington's meet back in June.

Does Veeky Forums host meets at all? Im pretty new here. About 3 days old

Yes they do.
Look at the different threads and youll see Regional Meets/toogay meets.
Also camping trips and /k/ meetups

/hou/ Fast & Furious meet

I tried to go to a New England meet. Drove five hours only to go home without meeting anyone. Even baked cookies for it.

Turns out a few guys met up, decided not to actually have the meet, and left early without updating the thread.

/hou/ a best

looks like a normal parking lot.

>car meet

looks like they're at work

Every car pictured is part of the group.

Veeky Forums meets are just as much about driving and other activities as the cars themselves. Most Veeky Forumstists are poorfags anyway.

>looks like a normal parking lot.
Because we choose a parking lot to park in. It's not like that washington group photo that looks like they parked in the dirt in the forest to make their "more unique looking" line-up picture. There's no convenient forest in our city for one thing.

>Veeky Forums meets are just as much about driving and other activities as the cars themselves.
Some people come just because they want an excuse to do something different than the usual day to day routine in their lives.

That's an interesting ex-police car color in that WA group meet photo. And having kids and an older guy shows the group seems to be a tolerable bunch of people. Not like some trolling groups of "alphonse only" mockers looking down on everyone else.

good ol Iowa meets

MK4 GTI, good choice. Welcome to Veeky Forums

Not an Veeky Forums meet but a recent meet I went to

That Saab is beautiful

From TSL day (Toyota Scion Lexus)

More from TSL day. This poopra was immaculate

Anybody lurking?

how do you find out about local meets? I live in southern florida and car culture is huge here. sometimes I see packs of cars heading to meets, but where do these people hear about the meets in the first place, I don't use facebook so maybe they are on there? I can only find stupid classic car shows, and cars and coffee

Yeah Facebook mostly. That's where I find out about all the meets I go to

Something about AW11s with flares is just so right

Looks tacky as fuck desu.

>tfw no meets in your area

>how do you find out about local meets?

Many areas can have car clubs, but they might only be in their local tabloid papers. For example, low rider clubs tend to only be mentioned in the hispanic tabloids and they try not to be mentioned elsewhere.

There's multiple ricer groups in my area and I occasionally see groups of them, but I have NEVER seen them get any publicity in any news or local forum site. It's like they want to be invisible to the generic public's eye and to anyone that is "too casual" to spend any effort to find them. Perhaps that effort to find them is even part of their informal entrance test. Probably the way to do it is visit some of those mod shops (aka ricer shops) and find out about any groups that meet to discuss and show off their latest ricer antics. One local ricer group varies their meeting spots but are always near some dinner spot.

>lastplaceIwouldeverwanttobe.jpg

those kids look like full on homos

Been to about 2 s/o/cal meets so far. Super fun

Probably some of the coolest and most fun guys I have met. Never been around people who had so much knowledge and expertise about cars. My friend and I have a great time every time we go

This is the first meet i went to, with $1 saab guy having issues with engine overheating near the top of the pass. That guy was pretty cool

this picture shows why car meets are awful.

YOU have no sense of adventure. Go back to your manicured HOA garden of prancing boyish delights.

>this picture
Doesn't bother me. I look at it as another opportunity to learn something and about what to do when on the road.

Not a Saab, but a modded Peugeot

>remember seeing the kids in highschool that were into cars in the far corner of the parking lot
>never associated because I didn't have a car
>now that I have a car and am living independently I have the freedom to go out and and have some fun car antics
>mfw don't know anybody that's into cars at all since I was never friends with those people in highschool
>tfw

cant wait till they go to gmr again. just gonna fix a couple things on my car and it should be ready for next months meet

I'm pretty much in the same situation, there are a few car meets around here, but I don't know anyone, and I don't want to be some random guy that just shows up and has no one to introduce me to the people.

>Didn't see any type of car meet or gathering threads.

You could always try to find some local car meets first by finding mod shops in your area. Then check if they have an announcement board or ask at the counter if there are any car enthusiast clubs in the area.

what is the old thing

just go talk to people. You already have a common interest that will help you break the ice.

is that a US spec Mazda6 3.0l?

B8 or meme

Not that guy but this is it. It depends on if they are gang associated or just car meets. There is a Facebook page for my area and they meet up in the same location every night. Some more frequent than others. I went my first time with a friend but he left shortly after I arrived. I'm lucky enough to have a semi rare car that quite a lot of people were interested in. Even though I went and introduced myself to others, more than that came to me to check out my car(blue GTi).

My city has a 1200 member "modified" page that has meets regularly. Even though I'm a similar age, they're a bunch of twat kids with inflated egos and it's nothing but stupid ass drama. There's a couple cool people but for the most part it's people ruining their cars with loud ass exhausts and distasteful modifications.

It sure is.

Car meets where people actually drive

meets where people find new and interesting roads to drive

car meets where people jack each other off on the top of parking garages without driving are for retards

I wish the socal group would go even a few feet outside their comfort zone

I've driven those roads already

>I wish the socal group would go even a few feet outside their comfort zone
There may be a continual source of new members and if other members are passive, then those new vocal members may determine where to have a Meet.

If you want to do something different, then speak up actively for change or hold your peace as a passive person. The world certainly doesn't lack of complainers who don't do anything to change the situation.

>There's a couple cool people
Then you form a small sub-faction or clique with that group of people. If you regularly meet with the big group, then decide to go for a scenic drive or have a "hey, look what I recently started using" product demonstration at each meet, others will come by too.

I hear you. Last meet I went to (krispy) wasn't bad, but the socal group is like a solid %50 modern, un-tuned subaru wrx's. I saw one nice 99' NSX
a killer FairladyZ, a couple nice VW's. seemed like everyone else was cool with sticker slapping their rusted-out ride, adding strut/sway's then calling it "tuned" and vaping and fuck me some of those exhausts sounded like shit. I'm all for a young crowd, but can we have a less cocky, autismo-nismo crowd?

I'm not passive at all

but these are people who think ca33 out of ojai is too far for them

let alone some of the actual mountain roads northeast of bakersfield

all the mods and the time trial dickwaving doesnt mean shit if the only roads you've ever driven are gmr, turnbull, angeles crest, or >mulholland

>these are people who think ca33 out of ojai is too far for them
>let alone some of the actual mountain roads northeast of bakersfield

Since it's california and so many people are interested in showing their "cachet", maybe they are also concerned not enough people will see them driving around. For some people, being seen by lots others is a part of their fun.

GMR was pretty damn fun but the roads are scary as hell, especially those blind corners.

Cops seems to be everywhere too. We were coming down the mountain and saw some guy with his gf pulled over by cops in his s14. Looked like they were arresting him or something

The shit we were pulling could have easily land us in jail, which isn't really an issue if there aren't cops everywhere

which is why you dont run the super common roads

there are 0 cops near mt whitney, just occasional park rangers who dont care

During the non-normal quarters we have a meet every tuesday night at UCSC.

Regulars show up but its a different crowd of a dozen people or so every time

How do I get in on these socal meets. is there a specific facebook page people use? website? I want to attend some but i have no idea where to start looking

I live like 5 minutes from San Gabriel/Azusa canyon. I try and go once a week at night up Azusa to gmr then reverse it. I haven't seen police activity in east fork, but the past couple times I have seen chp on Azusa canyon. But both times it was before 10. Haven't seen any police activity past 10. It's way better at night too. The so cal should do a night meet one time.

Never mind that this photo was taken in DeKalb, us Chicago folk are a well-traveled bunch.