/ddt/ daily Datsun Thread : Babe edition

• So much work, so little time. I figured out the end gap issue on my motor, progress slowly continues.

I also realize when I was working on a d16 head this past week that I made an error on the assembly, might have to go back to the bike, and pull off certain parts.

How goes the projects? There was a Datsun swap meet in San Jose anyone go?

Other urls found in this thread:

bgky.craigslist.org/pts/5733998287.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

"babe"

So I found another 1971 series 1 at a scrapyard here in town and picked it up for $400. Not a whole lot left of it but it has a 5spd and a supposedly rebuilt L24 (rebuilt who knows how long ago) with no miles on it

I put some 240 tail lights into my 280. so that's cool I guess. I just like the more retro look.

Those DOT approved bumpers tho...

I hate you

Just about picked this uo the other day, the guy sold it to someone else before i could get there

Only wanted $250, no motor, working trans, 2 extra doors, 3 front fenders and a few other parts

I'm trying to sell an L26 on CL. I don't mean to advertise, so I won't post the link unless asked, but I only gave my cell# for call or text contact info. Someone texted me, asking me to email them. Should I just block them? Or do you think it could be legit?

260z resto guy here....

Unfortunately with my project the 280zx 5 speed decided to shit itself and now its coming out for a rebuild. They are hard enough to find around here that a rebuild is better than another risky junkyard/ebay replacement. Was a bummer, it decided to stop shifting into 1st and 3rd intermittently on Sunday during a large cruise to Mt. Evans. OH WELL, while the trans is getting dropped, I'll be taking the diff out, and replacing all the seals, new speedo cable and I'll clean/paint the diff too. Turns out the prev. owner did a proper swap and slid a R180 LSD diff out of a STI, neat.

nothing ventured, nothing gained. Up to you.

Though I've contacted/communicated with buyers using all three forms of communication - all worked out so far.

It'll be for sale once I'm done saving it :^)

I need to get a real spoiler

how about a bumper first

a nice bumper would look better

i still haven't figured if i want to fill in the holes and keep no bumper or if i want to put on the 240 bumper

What's protocol on posting your own CL ads in the threads relevant for them? I'd MUCH rather sell my engine to a /ddt/ individual who I know will use it than to anyone else.

And there we go...

Hello again old friend, didn't think we'd meet again so soon.

I know that feeling all too well. I kept mine in for less than a week before ripping it back out... and now I've got another one to pull from rusty yellow up there.

Throw it up in here, I don't think anyone will mind.

I'm scared to put this motor back together >.>

bgky.craigslist.org/pts/5733998287.html

Whelp. Here goes nothing.

just saw this while browsing a Z group on facebook, how does he even see out his rear window now?

Im looking for a new car and i found this on cl about 15 mins from me he is asking 1k is this a good find. and is there anything i should look out for with these cars? its a 5 speed with the i6. clean title runs and drives.

more pics

forgot image

bump

It should be apparent to you, but besides maintenance, that car has been customized heavily. That means it'll take longer to get to your preferred level.

Also, early Zs have a proclivity to rust like a motherfucker. Check the frame all over, but especially just behind the front wheels, and all exterior panels.