>DCSS Trunk Updates:
crawl.develz.org/wordpress/trunk-updates-25-september-2016

>Roguelike Con VODs
youtube.com/channel/UCsCqXksJuAkfZRtnW5Pq1mw

New Demon release adds more Sanctums: demon.ferretdev.org/devblog/

>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, it's not fun if you didn't splat hard!

FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/rlghub?tab=repositories
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OP, you're a nigger choosing that shitty pic.

2nd for chei

It's literally one of the worst pics imaginable, I just chose it because it showed treebeard
delete this

>chei piety decay has gotten so bad worshippers actually have to answer on time
WHAT HATH THE DEVILTEAM WROUGHT

Yeah how DARE he not go for tum pic #3275.

Nobody else seems capable of updating the OP text and we were on page 10, so go fuck yourself my boy.

To be honest I had in mind user's autismal feat in winning 15-conducts Nethack.

>tfw i dont even play chei
I just like to post it..

>ponyfaggotry
Even worse than tumtards.

github.com/rlghub?tab=repositories
Collab :^)

wut

Hey now.
Ponies are cute.
And hyper futa mare dicks are hot.

These are facts, my good sir. Facts.

can we make another thread

In 737 posts.

I had a dream I played mumo for years and eventually managed to win it but dicks never showed up with the edited poster eventually I found out where he lived and traveled to spain to request he add me with a pen drive that contained a ttyrec of my run and ended up in a really large and old port city but after searching and searching I would eventually meet him in a pier he was playing dice (I think at this point the dream transitioned to a different time but I'm not sure) with what seemed like pirates next to some huge ships and I was very nervous because the pirates didn't look very friendly so I handed him the pen drive that had a little mummy face drawn on it that I don't remember having drawn and he looked at it and plugged it in an USB port on the side of the ship and the sails started playing my run and like half a minute dicks started chuckling and then roaring with laughter and so were all the pirates (there were a lot now) and when I looked at the sail again it was showing my character putting on a +12 leather armor I wanted to ID and forgot to take off and kept wearing for the entire game and they all started chanting THE WEARER OF SILK THE WEARER OF SILK and I felt really embarrassed and woke up with my cheeks all red.

No punctuation so you can better understand the anxiety I felt, I've never played mumo although I watched a lot of the vods recently.

There is nothing wrong with liking cute stuff, but adoring the bottom of the barrel moeshit manifactured by Hasbro jews reeks of bad taste, tbqh fampai dess.

>I had a dream I played mumo
Ah, roguelike dreams.

The really fun ones are the /rlg/ dreams.

>and when I looked at the sail again it was showing my character putting on a +12 leather armor I wanted to ID and forgot to take off and kept wearing for the entire game and they all started chanting THE WEARER OF SILK THE WEARER OF SILK

I haven't laughed this hard in a long while.

Maybe it's time to take a break from roguelikes, user.

The wearer of silk! The wearer of silk!

You probably want to fuck your mother.

pirate roguelike when

Then again who doesn't

>THE WEARER OF SILK! THE WEARER OF SILK!
WEAK ELVEN WRISTS AND SILKEN BRIEFS FOR THE LITTLE PRINCE OF DUST!

I know right.

Have a double pussy.

tum

Sorry for being a retard.
Any 15-rune gud combo, tip, whatever?

Trunk literally has 1 free AC point even when naked.

You might say that you're wearing silken pantaloons.

And here's the R63 of the god emperor of mankind

>dat benis

Only female tums are allowed here, boi

She just has a big clit that gets erect when you stare at her tum.

It's clearly a girl (male) though

>tum (male)
Haram.

>you will never sail the seven seas in The Arralgean with dicku and his rough yet lovable pirate crew

When did Dicku worship start? Was it with MuMo?

Was it even before? I remember him doing a poster for a "taking it slow" challenge, with jackie wang.
And that another one about "INNER FLAMED SNAKES KILL A PEARL DRAGON"

wew

Black sails has been so good, ugh
Detracting from my roguelike time

>40 posts
>Not even 1 (one) is about roguelikes

Let's get to work.

How's URW going?

That's URR, though.

That's URR. Pretty sure the dev is taking more time getting world records in korean shooter games nobody ever heard about than code shit.

>swapping demons around to prepare for a link
>they kill the unique before I can do so
There isn't a way to tell your guys to stop attacking, is there? I'll feel dumb if there is.

The dev is autistic as fuck, but pretty chill.
I've discussed with him about books and stuff.
Still, he is like the pannenkoek of korean shmups.

Does it matter? It's a dead meme.

The legend of dicksman started long before that.

>literal newfaggots don't know about quality survival

Oh boy, first ever wizard lab. Time to splat.

>can't be a cannibal now
>dev decided that taming animals would be too unrealistic in a game that has finnish majick chanting that brings good luck and whatnot
It's going the wrong way.

>dead meme that manages to stay alive in every single thread
I think you have a broad definition of "dead".

So that one was the start?

looks like DF

It's DF, but on a multiplanetary scale.
Which is why I don't think it will ever be finished in our lifetimes, considering that the original DF is going to be finished in 2080.

>every single thread
There were periods of no dicku posting longing for 2 weeks and more, recently.
It's not as prominent as it used to be, face it.

Tumposting is the height of qualityposting in these threads now.

>degenerates and ponyfags have taken over the thread
>our savior has been forgotten

It's the shotafags time to shine!

I once had a dream I found gauntlets with +20 slaying. I got so excited I woke up.

>So that one was the start?
i assume it's the legendary cheinaga vs 3 pit fiends single turn kill

>lolifags are degenerate
>shotafags are not

How about we have a bit of both

Dude help, I want to be pro like dicks-sempai.

On the plus side (?) I hadn't managed to get the rune yet.

>I want to be pro like dicks-sempai.
Then MuMo, user.
MuMo like you've never MuMo'd before. Because you probably haven't.

Or, you know. Do stuff.
Have you tried excelling in other games?

Nope. Only way to do that that I know of is to make them target something else and they will still sometimes decide to be dickwaffles about if if they can't reach the target you picked. If you think it's gonna be a problem unsummon all but your tankiest guy, then run around a corner to break line of sight, then unsummon him and rest up to prepare for the link.

>Have you tried excelling in other games?
I can win on almost every Metroid under an hour. I can win Megaman 1-6 without dying and i'm capable of filling the Snake screen.

I want to do 15-rune, but i think there must be an easy combo like the classic 3-rune combos like MiBe or SpEn.
Is MiFi of Oka/TSO a good idea?

Shift+Direction forces your demons to move with you in that direction. Prevents them from attacking.
Ctrl+Wait forces your demons to wait.

>Mi
Way to be a total shitter user. MiSk^Oka -> TSO will do you good. Pretend to be a normal minotaur until postlair, where you can start dumping exp into charms and get spectral weapon and your other buffs online for a HUGE power boost. Its much better than just getting 27 armour or whatever the fuck minotaurs do when they don't branch out. Make sure you go polearms.

You'll want a VSGl^Usk.
Preferably, not in the version where it also gives frail 1, so not trunk.

What's the name?

I thought Hep B was the one that gave you frail 1, not Usk.

www.ultimaratioregum.co.uk/game/info/

Since URW has come up, how the fuck do traps work?

Specifically, what other factors besides Trapping skill (and season) do I have to consider? Is the general terrain relevant? What about the precise positioning on the local map (i.e. chokepoints between trees or something)? Distance from my camp?

Ugh. I confuse all those stupid names.

Anyway, you want the tummy god.

Do maces have no gimmick in Crawl?

b-but i'm playing 0.18, so no usk for me

The gimmick of maces is that they're very common and require relatively little investment for good returns compared to the other weapon types.

But you'll be moving/waiting with them. Not useful if you're swapping pokemans around.

>b-but i'm playing 0.18, so no usk for me
Bullshit, in my MuMo run I saw an altar of usk

That's shitty, give them stun chance.

they're a good weapon for characters who have other main ways of doing damage. basically this

Lakes in forest-seas and marshes in general are considered good. Make sure there's no gaps, and build a few fences even if you don't need them - there's some black witchcraft going on with animals being attracted to built traps that no-one really understands, so that seems like something you could lean on a bit. Remember to bait your traps, some old fish or meat will do. I find drop -> push to be the easiest method.

I wonder if the Shaman mod is updated for the latest version, I never did finish that mod. Like anyone ever finishes that mod, it's nutso

But why is that? Do they have low base delay?

I think they're well positioned compared to the other weapons. They don't necessarily need a gimmick, and stuns of any kind are absurdly busted in crawl. If anything, they could be less accurate but partially bypass AC. The other thing is that they have a much wider variety of weapon types that all use the same skill. Dwhip/Gmace/Eveningstar/Direflail are all great, with direflail being the only one that falls off at all. The other weapons typically have 1H best vs. 2H best, and nothing with high early/midgame value as good as the trusty +0 direflail.

babbymode otab combination:

play a mifi of oka
become a mifi of tso for cryptpanhelltomb

ta-dah

Son of a Took!

Furyband? That's a blast from the past.

usk is the tummy dance god

hep is the ghostdad god

They have average to great delay based on what you're using, higher base damage, lower experience requirements for minimum delay, and the best 2H is extremely common. Dwhips and direflails aren't hard to find either, and they're both fairly potent, with Dwhip turning into sacred scourge for the endgame if you so desire.

they have more damage for less xp investment than other weapon types in return for not having a gimmick

triple swords, exe axes and bardiches all require 26 skill for mindelay while greatmaces only take 20, which is massively less xp

also greatmaces are more common than other high-end weapons

is this gud?

>Lakes in forest-seas and marshes
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Isolated tiles of "lake" surrounded by forest/marsh?

> Make sure there's no gaps, and build a few fences even if you don't need them
I had in mind loop snares and shit, not a full blown trap fence. But is pic related a sensible setup for one?

Also, does it matter if I put my traps in an overland tile adjacent to my cap?

Its kind of mediocre, but it'll serve until your first rune probably.

great maces' peers are battleaxe, great sword, glaive - all are about as common and have similar delays. great maces do more damage than any of those, but there is no rare top tier weapon

Pretty good, you can win with it, but if you get your resistances elsewhere you might as well swap for one with more damage.

it's ok but in the end it's a broadaxe of drain so its damage won't be up to scratch for lategame

and the *drain means it's not great to use as a swap just for the MR

in terms of commonness yeah

but it has equal base damage to the 3sword and 1 less than exe axe/bardiche

Are Zar's in demon good for anything except copying skills to your allies/fusion? They seem to just explode I'm not sure what else you can do with him.

More like a blast in the ass am I right or am I right haha?

that's what i meant, they are 2nd tier 2 handers. m&f doesn't have a tier 1 2 hander (gsc doesn't really count)

That's pretty weird, didn't know Headless and West could spawn outside of tower 1.5.

noice

they can if you got arcadia instead this game

what is best for a tablord, branching into bows/xbows, magic or just keep mashing tab?