/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1 (Kernel, no IOSU)
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0/edit#gid=0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Multiplayer has been disabled from Friend List if your firmware is below 11.1. Updating is safe for everyone already running CFW. Holdouts can update Luma or use ctr-httpwn.
-Nintendo released 11.1, patching Browserhax and Menuhax. Most entrypoints have been updated to work. BootNTR update available.
-11.0 and up require a hardmod or hacked system transfer to downgrade and access CFW. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-a9lh without 2.1 downgrade demonstrated for New 3DS. gbatemp.net/threads/443187/
-SD card access from DS mode accomplished, still working out how to load roms. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/

>Wii U
-Loadiine now supports DLC if you have a legit copy of SSB. masqchips.github.io/loadiine_gx2/

>Vita
-New Maidump release
-Henkaku r6 enables GPU overclocking, increasing performance in some games.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/BeniYukiMai/MaiDumpTool/releases
www98.zippyshare.com/v/rLOzjGwh/file.html
mega.nz/#!1wExwZjC!wIFCzEcuvZU871QtBOXI2J1TCyYZIngrCYOX8I4uta0
mega.nz/#!IUpD2LxT!yW17vCDOjnW3OaAqThBcfTiGns4N0IuqR5KwrVlSyhg
gamefaqs.com/boards/161238-genkai-tokki-moero-crystal/73959030?page=2
reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/55farx/community_warning_there_have_been_two_separate/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

is there a way to transfer screenshots off the vita without having to close the game and reopen it

how to vitamindumpshit2mai?

How do I install Neo Smash?

How do I change the image of the Mai tool?

>mfw piratefags are ALL going to get bricked

I was supposed to include this Maidump link, but failed.

github.com/BeniYukiMai/MaiDumpTool/releases

only the retarded ones

Vita and Wii U Tech Support General!

The mai.suprx in the fruit ninja dump (and that rabbit shit too) is the culprit, it wipes your os0 partition, perma-brick get fucked level. It's perfectly possible that other executables could be affected, check the shit before installing/running.

you can check for it by opening mai.suprx in a text or hex editor and searching (ctrl+f) for os0, if it finds anything DO NOT INSTALL IT, YOU WILL PERMA BRICK YOUR SHIT.

Safe moding the eboots should work because it makes them and all related code run in the sandbox, there will hopefully be a tool to do it for vpks/folders and in bulk at some point soon.

>Not posting the english version
Off yourself.

www98.zippyshare.com/v/rLOzjGwh/file.html

The bubble icon image on your home screen or the background while using the thing?

Getting meta with the fails.

My a9lh N3DS' date and time stops progressing (ill leave it off on Monday overnight then I turn it back on, on Tuesday and it will still say it's Monday) after my device has been off for an extended amount of time(like a couple of hours). how come this is happening?

Who is in charge of accepting posts to the dumps document?, We have to make sure we don't end up with console bricking shit in there.

The background.

Is there an odin sphere dump that isn't vit 1.1 somewhere? Can't seem to find it anywhere.Or at least a way to update it to vitamin 2.0

Say what you want,but borderlands 2 runs awesome with the latest update + amphetamine.

24 bit bitmap saved as back.mai in the app folder

>Neo Smash
>Wii U

So that's what the Hex editor in the guide was for

>jailbreak my WiiU, 3DS and Vita over two days
>put 64gb cards on each
>download a bunch of games

Now I don't know where to start. My very own first world problem

>muramasa DLC doesn't work with the new mai

Daisuki /hbg/-chan!

the background is just a 24-bit BMP image renamed to back.mai

so just make a 24-bit BMP image (960x544 resolution) and rename it to back.mai

>"jailbreak"

>brick is real

why isn't yokai watch 2 on freeshop

How do I convert it to 24bit?

Also I assume that bitmap is the same as .bmp right?

I downloaded fruit ninja so my kid could have a game that's more appropriate for his age and when I booted it up partially and it crashed to a black screen, now my Vita won't turn on. Someone please help.

>can't fucking buy a 16gb anywhere, let alone 32
Memory hack fucking when.

mega.nz/#!1wExwZjC!wIFCzEcuvZU871QtBOXI2J1TCyYZIngrCYOX8I4uta0

Torrent file with 398 games all in VPK format, all are Vitamin dumps though so no FFX, God Eater. Still a shit load of games though.

Your fault for raising your wife's son.

Gonna link my post here since I finished it right at the end of the last thread. Really need some advice anons, I'll be consulting google in the mean time but I would prefer practical input from someone familiar with the situation.

Easiest way would be to get the original back.mai file, rename to back.bmp, edit it and then rename back to back.mai

>uploading a torrent file to MEGA
I swear to god.

Why not just go to the gdocs and get everything you need from there?

VPatch 2 for Eiyuu Senki (18+)

- Mission "The Translation of the Sacred Books" fixed
- Mission "Showdown at Ganryuu Islan!" fixed

Link: mega.nz/#!IUpD2LxT!yW17vCDOjnW3OaAqThBcfTiGns4N0IuqR5KwrVlSyhg

I hope this is the final patch, until the translation of the remaining 15 H-scenes.

What are you on about, retard?

It's actually my brother's son. He's in prison now, so we volunteered to take custody.

ValkyrieDrive Bhikkhuni EU/US - Where ? Where i asking ?

VALKYRIE WHEN

Can anyone dump the eboot + modules from Senran Kagura Bon Appetit using the new mai?

Wish I could i help I know how it feels to get no replies. Try posting on r/3dshacks or gbatemp

VITA 3.61 hack/downgrade when?

Still waitin'.

5 years

Some guys on gamefaqs are working on a translation for Moero Crystal, since no eng subs is confirmed. They have a discord and whatnot, but I wonder if they're actually serious about getting it done.

gamefaqs.com/boards/161238-genkai-tokki-moero-crystal/73959030?page=2

Or you can just choose what games to download with your favorite torrent client? Are you dense?

please lord anyone

It will eventually be needed for 3.61 games.
Dont stop believin.

Is pirating on vita dead if games require a higher firmware or can you patch it

The torrent file is just being shared via MEGA.. It's just another option for people to download from, some have a lot of problems with MEGA downloading with download limits etc.

So which data.cpk is this?

>buy a new 64 gb card for vita
>30 hours into Cyber Sluts it corrupts
fuck this shit, I just thought the 64gb corruption thing was a meme

there's a reason some anons never get replies if you can't tell then you're actually that retarded

/hbg/, why won't my better amphetamine work with Ninja Gaiden like pic related suggests? I want to see that night and day difference ;_;

As soon as the demand gets higher we might see some more work in that direction. There's probably going to be collective bitching when people realize valkyrie drive doesn't work on 3.60.

When a game that's actually worth the effort comes out
Like Danganronpa V3

3dsiso
like 2gb

>The torrent file is just being shared via MEGA.
No fucking shit, but uploading a file smaller than 1mb to MEGA is retarded.

Obviously, I wasnt speaking of obvious or retarded questions thats why I said that to you.

>Delete the 3ds folder from the root of your SD card if it exists
Fuck this troll guide. Nice 'backing up' guys.

Yes! We need those boobies~~~

data0

While I do appreciate your advice user, the truth of the matter is this user is one hundread percent correct. I was that retarded in this instance. I've got two SD cards floating around and put the wrong one in. I deserve plenty of shit for wasting the general's time.

Anyone know a good archive of japanese dumps?

There's no patch yet but they can spoof to access PSN so there's likely something in the works to play higher games. Theres not exactly going to be many worthwhile games coming out anyway, something like World of Final Fantasy might spur people on to work it out.

I wouldnt chance it anyways. I mean seriously. 100 smackeroos for a memory card.

Any lewd games with lolis ?

Currently fucked. 3.61 games can't be circumvented with a simple spoof, since the firmware adds functions that can only operate on 3.61.

So the games need to be patched to remove it somehow. Even full on CFW won't help right away, since it will need to emulate the new functions added in 3.61.

Technical explanation from /u/tuxdude143;

I have been analysing the vpks along with a friend and we have found that both of them make calls to OS0. The particular cause for concern is how they call for OS0 to be mounted along with OS0:KD and VS0. Now once those are mounted it basically just wipes them clean. The consequence is the vita had no operating system to boot at all, nor does it even have any drivers to interface with any of the components (which are contained in OS0:KD. Basically the result is an UNRECOVERABLE BRICK which leaves the nand completely wiped and unbootable.

Consider it the first ever serious vita virus.

not a virus as much as a trojan

reminds me of the old DS and PSP brickers

Can i directly overwrite the data0 from the V1 patch then?

take out sd card. reinsert sd card.

>since the firmware adds functions that can only operate on 3.61.
Such as?

Thanks anons,it worked.

What ended up happening with henkaku users and Sony?

Will they end up getting banned or not?

>Install New Order+Damascus gear
>Wrong language on new order, uninstall
>everything else afterward gives me 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK errors
>Supposedly tested
Any suggestions?
Should I kill myself?

W E W
E
W

wow /vitagen/ finally stepped up their game.

yes

yes

Enjoy your burn out.

Link of the "article". Some explanation are given and how to check for tbis shit

reddit.com/r/VitaPiracy/comments/55farx/community_warning_there_have_been_two_separate/

Maybe we should start buying vita games guys. Pirating doesnt sound very safe.

>Burn out
>for a game install of 15 seconds.
>burn out.

>tuxdude
Three words: piracy IS stealing!

>dt2
>moero chronicle
>DG
>meiq

I have all these installed. why am i playing drpg so much? It's not even fun, the fan service is what keep me going. I can't decide what class to upgrade to and it's stressing me out. what the fuck, where are the other genres of games to play? It feels like the vita is a drpg simulator now.

How do I hack 3.61?

fuck you hbg you are no help to anyone fuck all of you you act like niggers piece of shit wont even help me

B R I C K E D

>It's not even fun,
Autism.

It's possible to buy a theme and dump it for others to use?

>believing tuxdude

Regardless, I wouldn't call it a virus. More like malicious code.

Thanks, i really appreciate your work and hope you finish the patch soon!

kek
natural selection m8s

f, who would even want to play that game?

Oh boy now this will be a cluster fuck for /hbg/ because unlike in reddit, they set redflags immediately and control the situation bu nuking the uploaders, also more open for test bunnies and honesty after result.

In here it wil just be another meme fest for le edgy maymer xD