Auto "accident"

I need your help Veeky Forums. I was rear ended a few days ago by a truck while waiting at a traffic light. He hit me at 50+ mph (drug addict/distracted, he didn't even hit the brakes) and my car is being declared totaled. This is a problem because my car is a 2001 Chevy (excellent condition, I'm the second owner and have taken care of my cars maintenance personally since day one) and it's only worth around 3k. I'm a poorfag so replacing my car with something comparable with only 3k is going to be difficult, especially in NY with so many heaps in dealer lots.

But that's not my biggest problem. I got a loner car (paid for by the insurance of the guy who hit me) I drove to the first traffic light, and my hands started shaking, my heart rate went through the roof, and I broke into a cold sweat. I felt like a sitting duck.

Short version, I'm now having panic attacks while stopped at traffic lights and I'm even having symptoms when thinking about driving.

Help me Veeky Forums, I've been driving for 10 years and even had 2 previous accidents where I was struck from behind on the highway. I've always enjoyed driving and now I'm admittedly afraid of getting behind the wheel. Wtf is wrong with me?

spend the 3k on a private investigator to find out who rear ended you and then steal that guys truck. two birds with one stone.

PTSD son, from what I see on reddit you need to take copious amounts of magic mushrooms and ecstasy in order to cure it.

You need to sue the fuck out of dude who hit you and you can just buy a helicopter and never wait at a red light again.

I don't want to take his car. I want his license taken from him. He fucked my car and now his insurance is refusing to fix it because it's not worth it? What bullshit is that? I don't pay less insurance because my car is worth less, so why the fuck can they tell me they won't pay to repair my car because it's not worth it? What gives them the right to "insure" this fuck and have him take away my car that I've fucking owned and loved for 10 years and then tell me they won't fix it!?

And that doesn't begin to cover my panic attack issues that I've been afflicted with.

Dude seemed like some junkie with a truck at least 10 years old. It didn't seem like he had money. Do I even have a case? Would any lawyer take it?

let me fuck u in the ass qt3.14

You always have a case. Did he have insurance? Because you would be sueing the insurance company, not him. Or you could actually sue him if he doesn't have insurance and make his life even worse than it is.

dude isn't paying for it, his insurance is. Tell your insurance everything that's gone down, including panic attacks, and they will pull that guy's wallet out of his insurance's anus.

I've wanted to by a bike for years too. I've had my eyes on a used Honda 919 and been putting money aside for one. I haven't saved much because of other expenses that have popped up, but if I had that motorcycle and been riding that at that light when that fuck hit me, I'd be dead now. The fucker went full asleep at the wheel and hit me at 50+ MPH. My car was hit so hard that it travelled 12 feet and struck the truck that was in front of me, and hit that poor bastard so hard that he skidded into the middle of traffic. If the light wasn't red, he would be fucking dead, and that shit would be on my conscience too.

He had insurance, Allstate. It's NY state law that drivers be insured.

That is promising. I'll have to get back in touch with my insurance agent.

It probably isn't PTSD but instead a long term temporary anxiety disorder. Find ways you can cope (music, stress ball, hell jiggling my shifter in neutral is relaxing for me sometimes) while you slowly expose yourself back to driving in traffic. It'll take a few months but you'll be better eventually. Also this is what emotional trauma lawsuits are actually for. Go get a therapist to help you out and make him pay for it.

I had no problem driving in traffic picking up the loner, even when freeway traffic was stop and go (some worry when stopping) but the real killer is red lights. The longer the longer the light the more I simmer in feelings I'm not even thinking about. It's a helpless feeling like I need to flee.

I love driving Veeky Forums. I don't want to feel this way anymore. Driving has always been a way for me to escape the bullshit in life. Why is it beeing taken from me when I need it most?

Dumbass at-fault insurance.

FL is the same where your own insurance pays medical bills up to $10k because too many retards, bums, and conmen. But call up a lawyer, because when you claim you can't drive anymore without panic attacks and it is messing with your ability to get to work, they will go for a larger amount from dude's insurance.

Or just get a small cut and be happy and realize the nervousness will go away for the most part.

> nervousness will go away

This is full on panic attacks and the accident was Thursday and the panic attacks started yesterday when I picked up the loner car. It's still early but the way I feel now its like it will never end.

I know that feel. I got in a car wreck where I was a passenger, and both me and the driver weren't paying attention and rear ended a stopped car on the highway going about 40mph. Now, every time I'm in a car and I'm the passenger, I get extremely nervous and really jumpy whenever we pull up to a stop behind a car, especially if they suck ass at driving and wait til the last minute to stop.

As for your car, does the insurance company already have it? Have you signed it over already? A lot of the times, when a car is totaled, they're also counting damage that doesn't necessarily affect how the car drives. I bought a truck that got in a car accident, someone hit the right side head on and really fucked that side up. I replaced the headlights, bumper, fender, vacuum reservoir, few other things for less than 150. The insurance company quoted the damage at 2600.

lawyer

>Lawyer

>I need your help Veeky Forums.
Don't sign forms with the insurance company for settlement because they always have clauses like you will never sue them no matter what injuries happened to you. The perps insurance always tries to rush a settlement through you to get your signature and sneak that clause in.

Contact an accident lawyer for a free consulation. Look through reviews first of course. Your local library might have flyers or resources, if not ask the librarian on how to look for resources to review such legal services. That is why librarians have university educations. They are much more than glorified book re-shelvers. But the general public often don't use their services.

Do not sign any forms that give up your rights.

If the enemy insurance company has already paid you off, you are in a time crunch now. And won't be able to claim "confusion" if you keep waiting on doing something.

Remember that if you declare medical conditions that appears on your record. So future employers will see that and may be not like mental health cases.

You should definitely lawyer up though before you do anything else. This is a complex situation and you need professional help.

How long has it been? You'll get over it.

I went through a large intersection on a green light and was T-boned without my seatbelt on at almost 40mph by a teenage girl on her phone talking to her friends.

I was semi scared to go on green for like a month. I would autistically wait for cross traffic to stop at the red light before going. You get over it. If you're that worried about it, you can always leave extra room in front of your car when coming to lights and keep an eye in your mirror for the time being. If you see somebody flying up behind you then you'll have room to either escape or move forward to slightly lessen the impact and prepare yourself. Otherwise see trauma counselling but that's unnecessary. Ask a friend to drop kick you from behind a few times a week to get use to sudden shocks.

>I don't want to take his car. I want his license taken from him. He fucked my car and now his insurance is refusing to fix it because it's not worth it? What bullshit is that? I don't pay less insurance because my car is worth less, so why the fuck can they tell me they won't pay to repair my car because it's not worth it? What gives them the right to "insure" this fuck and have him take away my car that I've fucking owned and loved for 10 years and then tell me they won't fix it!?

I was in the same situation with a car that I had bought new but was now 12 years old. It ran great and looked new. Or better than new because it shined better than when I first got it from the dealer. But because it was 12 years, it was near worthless.

The bitch (a vain pretty medical assistant and she knew she was pretty) hit me at freeway speed while I was stopped with the traffic jam. Plenty of witnesses so she was unable to lie her way out of it.

Insurance company was trying to force my hand to accept a tiny cheque which would not cover the purchase of anything remotely as good running. So I started to have some headaches and soreness and told them that I felt I needed to see a lawyer. They suddenly cooperated and paid full restore. However, I saw her coming and I immediately without thinking flipped my transmission to neutral, and started pressing the brake pedal because I didn't want her to push me all the way into the car ahead of me. Thankfully, I am a "drivers ed" driver even after all these years. So I didn't tailgate and had 1.5 car lengths in which to skid up after she hit me. It's important not to hit because then you get accordian crumpling of the passenger zone from pressure at the front and back. Because I had the last second smarts, I took a lot less damage (and both my engine and transmission were protected from impact shock).

>How long has it been? You'll get over it.
t.person who crashed into op

Not about the car or money problems. About his anxiety. He's not gonna develop life long PTSD over a single crash.

Hey OP, I got hit whilst riding a bicycle (inb4 get off the road) and now I have much less severe, but still present, 'PTSD'-like syndromes whenever I approach a left hand intersection. It gets lesser with time and distraction.

Ask for more money from the insurance since you cant find a reasonable replacement for 3k.

i struggle with panic attacks

the trick is to recognize its a panic attack that you are ok and you need to focus on regulating your breathing

>I bought a truck that got in a car accident, someone hit the right side head on and really fucked that side up. I replaced the headlights, bumper, fender, vacuum reservoir, few other things for less than 150. The insurance company quoted the damage at 2600.

This is a great way to profit off an accident if you don't mind a few cosmetic flaws on your car. Insurance gives you money to fix it "new" but you can usually get it to drivable and looking okay for a quarter of what insurance quotes it at.

And that's excluding being in the car. If you're in the car, you've got tons of room to work with. Whiplash doesn't settle in until a few days after the accident, so insurance companies try to get you to sign an indemnity form before then.

Don't sign anything OP, get a lawyer and squeeze all the shekels you can out of then insurance company. They do the same to you every month.

also pure caffine/adrenaline helps me get myself under control
or a fat dab or a cig pounded down in like 3 puffs

just gotta get yourself elsewhere or else it wont stop

i'd have panic attacks too if i leased an automatic FRS

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm going to contact a my insurance again and look into lawyers.

Wish me luck. It feels like I'll need it.

> not going to get lifelong ptsd from a single accident

Actually there are many documented cases of exactly that happening, even with treatment.