/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Did not get Bloodred Moss Clump for his birthday:
>DLC Trailers/Gameplay/Details
youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4EHyRm_Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=-nRve2XRUiA
polygon.com/2016/9/21/12999624/dark-souls-3-ashes-of-ariandel-dlc-preview-hands-on-everything-we-know

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

I'm claiming this post for Mommy Rosaria!

Remove weapon memory
Make low lvl pvp greate again

first for fixing the game's balance

>patch notes
>base FP raised 40 points
>FP gained per point of attunement doubled
>removed attunement slot mechanic
>attuning spells now lowers max FP by 40 to 80 points
>removed the saint's ring
>deep ring now recovers FP
>darkmoon ring now adds five levels of attunement

>ashen estus may now recover up to 300 FP
>players can now only hold a maximum of ten estus flasks

>blades of the darkmoon now invade players with sin through use of a blue eye orb
>sin is accumulated upon killing a host or phantom as an invader

>reduced dark sword hitbox sizes
>reduced gotthard twinswords hitbox sizes
>reduced straight sword onehanded R1 speed
>reduced carthus curved sword twohanded R1 hitbox
>removed refined infusion

just kidding

This is a good OP. Well done.

5th for Halberds.

How do I into pyromancies?
I guess I should go 30/30 on faith and intelligence right? Pyromancies spells are now linked with those stats.
But I have no idea what to do for more offensive stats like STR and DEX and my choice of weapons, I heard that chaos infusion is a must for pyro

First for best npc in 3

You better to google some gudes because ugghhh.

>hat overtop of another hat

>A land of grey crags, archtrees, and everlasting dragons.
>But then there was Fire. And with fire, came Disparity.
But when we return to the site of the world's origin, there are no grey crags. Only a vast but shallow blue sea; the deep.
>From great deep soul's description: "Archdeacon McDonnell...delighted in the cathedral's stagnating souls. For him, they represented the glorious bedrock of this world."
It's obviously referring to the grey crags, now submerged.
>From deep soul's description: "Souls which swell from the deep pursue their target, drawn towards life."
This shows that, most importantly, the water is rising, and after the end of ds3 submerges the world completely.
The abyss is just a "dry" deep, which is the reason for their compatibility and what makes them at times indistinguishable. This is because of the furtive pygmy who found the dark soul within the first flame, and ignited humanity's dregs. But despite this, the presence of human dregs in ds3 show that even the dark soul can now be doused.

Fire and dark are the symbols of disparity. The deep is the end of disparity. That is the reason the deep has appeared in the final installment of the series; because the cycle is over.

So was the Gaping Dragon an Everlasting Dragon that had been DEEPED from spending too long eating human dregs in a sewer?

>755 AR
>816 AR 2h

higher AR than pre-nerf FUGS

nice

>dregs are soggy humanities
cool lore

>Personally, I favor the theory that the Dark Soul functions in reverse to Gwyn's. As Gwyn distributed his power, he split it into fragments that dim as the fire fades. I think it's more fitting if the means to distribute the Dark Soul is by propagating it. Instead of splitting it apart to give to each new human, another piece of the Dark Soul is created with each new human. The Dark Soul would then grow in size as the fire fades.

Oh hey, here's something interesting. I used to think this exact same thing: the Light Soul was limited and had to be split manually, whereas the Dark Soul could grow infinitely through humans fucking.

But then I remembered that God's have kids, right? And we know that god babies are born with affinities for certain aspects of the world. Gwyndolin was born with a talent for moon magic, after all, which is why Gwyn raised him as a girl. He didn't purposefully give Gwyn moon magic because he wanted a trap son. So, this shows that light/God souls can be created through sex, just like Dark Souls. However, unlike humans, the Gods are immortal, and probably wanted to keep their power consolidated amongst a ruling elite, so they probably didn't see the need to fuck as much as humans did. The Dark Soul wasn't outgrowing the Light Soul because the Dark Soul had some unique property: it was outgrowing the Light Soul because humans were literally outbreeding the Gods.

40int/40fth for best damage per stat investment. Bare minimum Str/Dex for whatever weapon you want to use, then infuse it with Chaos. If the weapon cannot be infused with Chaos and does not have innate Int/Fth scaling, but is buffable, cast Carthus Flame Arc on it. If it isn't buffable on top of that, it ain't a pyro weapon.

No, it's from a line of ancient dragon, the "immortality" effect of the scale staves off and his huge hunger changed him biologically, creating this new mouth on his belly.

>lonely host
>dung pie spam
ebin brah

got more?

Apparently the Astora Greatsword is ideal for a pyro, but I already used a Ultra greatsword on my last playthrough
I though that the Carthus curved sword would do but I will be called a metashitter online

Cute!

>STR/FAI
>fights to keep his waifu pure
>offers you help along your journey
>has no personal stake, he's helping his waifu out of duty
>skinhead

>And we know that god babies are born with affinities for certain aspects of the world. Gwyndolin was born with a talent for moon magic, after all, which is why Gwyn raised him as a girl. He didn't purposefully give Gwyn moon magic because he wanted a trap son. So, this shows that light/God souls can be created through sex, just like Dark Souls.

Not necessarily. Having an affinity towards a type of magic doesn't imply Gwyndolin was born with a godly soul capable of it. If you have a ditch that will divert any water in one direction when it's poured in, that doesn't mean there's water in it.

Gwyndolin's affinity may only have influenced how the power bestowed upon him functioned.

>every build now has tears of denial
might want to raise ToD's cost

I like having my weapons be Dark instead of chaos, because then I'm not pigeonholed into a single damage type as hard

>The First Flame quickly fades. Darkness will shortly settle. But one day, tiny flames will dance across the darkness. Like embers, linked by lords past.

>Ashen one, hearest thou my voice, still?

What did she mean by this and why does this entice me so much?

You'll be called a metashitter, and they'll be dead.

If you want something you definitely haven't done before, ask someone to drop you a Witch's Locks.

She means the darkness isn't permanent. Eventually, another First Flame will appear and the whole thing will begin again.

She's afraid of the dark

the first flame fades, and darkness settles in because it's too weak to keep the lights on. Then, the flame actually dies out, and then so too does darkness die out (as no fire exists to fuel the disparity anymore), and the world reverts back into the Age of Ancients.

however, then a new first flame will spontaneously alight once again, restarting the whole cycle fresh

True, but if souls aren't created/don't split naturally on birth for the Gods, wouldn't that mean all Gods are born Hollow? Not that there's anything in the lore to make that impossible, but it'd be pretty fucking horrifying.

DONT KNOW DONT CARE

Where are the ps4 players?

DUDE CYCLES LMAO

If you thought that was cool then you should check out all the OTHER humanities!
No seriously why are there so many fucking humanities

phantoms die in two r1s, what's your point

We exist, I promise.

I think gods are just hollows who happened to find the Great souls
But it's seems unlikely, because then what are the Silver and Black Knight? Or the Sentinels of Anor Londo
It's an aspect of the lore that I never get, were gods created by the Lords souls? Or is it just because of their lineage?

>you will never cuddle in the dark with the Fire Keeper

>+10 DSA wars

>That Fire Keeper Soul

One of these is not like the other.......

The gaping dragon is an Everlasting Dragon that had been FLAMED.
After the First Flame was found some of the dragons were corrupted, the Gaping Dragon was corrupted by gluttony.

>human effigy
>humanity

>cycle
Why it's supposed to be cycle? Because of DS2 garbage? Looks like it's just new beginning and world actually will not die when fire fades. Something like everyone has fire in hearts and everything going to be daijobu.

Why does Manus's soul look like a vagina?

Early game is the worst part of DaS3 right?
Because so far it has been Swamp, Swamp, Witches Abode and Catacombs. There is barely any variety.

It kinda looks like humanity.

What happens when the First Flame actually DIES?

I'm not just talking about the flame fading, because even in the age of dark there's apparently still enough fire left to link and kick-start again.

I'm talking about what happens when it actually snuffs out, it can't burn forever if no-one links it.

Does CEing a name change give Invalid Data error?

>npc summons are terminators again
thanks tanimushit

no, and you won't get banned either

It sinks the deepest right after cathedral. You'll only meet a great level by the last one. Everything in between is awful, except the Dungeon.

'cuz he was a bitch

Seath with four tentacle legs.

Because Manus is a trans woman
>warm and soft soul puss
>children of dark born from "his" soul are all female
>wide hips and thick thighs

You mean Hodrick? Everyone else is okay

Yeah, I thought DS II's cycles were directly referring to the firelinking. We have no idea if the first flame will come back after dying out.

>Something like everyone has fire in hearts and everything going to be daijobu.

Your onto something here:

>No Unkindled can ever truly claim the embers that burn within a champion’s bosom, which is precisely what makes their yearning for warmth so keen.

Better than no damage shittery except specific twink SS.

The very existence of "life" as a concept corrupted some of the Everlasting Dragons, leading to deformation into creatures like the Gaping Dragon and offshoot Drakes.

Gods are naturally hollows, yeah, just like humans. Some of the Gods definitely came about from being given smaller parts of Lordsouls, specifically Gwyn's. The description of his soul says this is the case. I don't know if this is the case for every single god though, or just the most powerful. I've always believed that there were less powerful souls in the First Flame too, which a whole bunch of the other Gods grabbed. Otherwise, Gwyn would have had to create his OG armies of Silver Knights entirely from his own soul, and would have had to round up a whole load of Hollows to do it.

Maybe Gods are born with souls, but then don't get actual God powers without Gwyn or another high ranking God boosting them up? We know you can have your own soul and then be given a bit more: that's what happened with the Four Knights, after all.

Tell me if the following weapons are any good.

>Dragonslayer Greataxe
>Sunlight Straight Sword
>Dragonslayer Swordspear
>Falchion

>Everyone else is okay
yeah sure, that's why hawkwood took 100 damage from my UGS

why does his armor look so shit

According to Dull Ember, it just sits and hums in 'reserve mode' until someone links it. It's not actually an "Age of Dark" like in Lothric's shrine -- that's what happens when Abyss overtakes an area. An Age of Dark is DS2. Humanity "wins" and has kingdoms for 5 minutes longer than it would've otherwise, and the lords are whimps for a bit, the end

Maybe your build just sucks. I deal that much killing him with a whip

Road of Sacrifices and Farron Keep are probably the worst-designed areas in the game, Undead Settlement is large and confusing but relatively fair. Irithyll Dungeon is asshole-ish but not badly done, though Profaned Capital is almost on the same tier as Lost Izalith.

The rest I'm pretty happy about.

yes, don't level faith
no, the buff doesnt work in pvp
only kind of, dont level faith past req
no

sure bruh

>the Abyss is the untended graves
yeah, no

if the Untended Graves were the Abyss, you would expect to see much more evidence of corrosion/corruption like how there was in DaS1. It's calm and still, like how darkness is presented in DaS2

Can someone give me some fucking souls for my build ?
P.S4
i really don't wanna farm for another 5 hours straight

Alright for a Greataxe on a quality build, second longest range aside from Yhorm's but is very bog-standard otherwise.

Good Straight Sword with relatively useless WA for PvP.

Great halberd, most diverse moveset in the game aside from Gotthard's, but suffers from comparatively poor damage unbuffed and is a quality weapon with a faith requirement in effect.

Literally just a slightly worse Carthus Curved Sword. Same moveset and everything, it is slightly less damaging, slightly less range and no bleed that the Carthus all has. Pretty much solely for if you want to use a curved sword but don't want people to hate you immediately in duels.

Kreygasm

Yes, and the concept of life only came into existence after the First Flame came into existence.

Pcfcbf

>Dull Ember
why would that thing be even linked to the first flame...

If you can wait and help me transfer some stuff to a new character, sure.

Make a webm or screenshot then, along with your build

Because McDuff is Gwyn, you dolt

Correction, big axe dudes in undead settlement can be parried at all times when using the saw.

>storm curved sword

Well, this feels disappointing.

that thing is actually one of a few decently balanced and fun curved swords in the entire game

You fuckface you'd already have it done by now you've been waiting and asking ror like three days

DSGA is very good.
High requirements, but requires very little investment to excel.
With 40str 2H, it has like 700AR on the nose. Range is second only to Yhorm's, making it a good GA all around and one of the best options regardless of whether you can barely 2H it or have gouged the fuck out of strength.

It also boasts the highest riposte damage in the game.

Sunlight Sword scales really well and ends up with high AR on a quality build, but it's a quality weapon that requires 16fth for a WA that does nothing in pvp and is worse than the standard straightsword WA even in pve. Outclassed by Lothric Knight Sword and Dark Sword on a quality build.

Swordspear is a glaive with some spear attacks. It lacks damage compared to other glaives due to its split damage and the reliance on its slow WA buff, but the moveset is best-in-class. It's a dex-leaning quality weapon with an 18fth req. The faith scaling is seriously negligible.

Flachion is just a direct downgrade to the carthus sword. Less reach, less AR, no bleed, same moveset.

anything that supports your claim, vaati?

It's pretty good though - it's just a cardcaptor with 370 AR and no bleed

>balanced
It's a curved sword with the range of a greatsword.
It;d be balanced if it attacked at about half the speed that it currently does.

Is Yhorm a descendant of the giant lord from DSII?

Maybe it's because I thought it would be similiar to the exiled greatsword or something, I might give it a second try. tho is there any reason to use it over the ccs?

He or Wolnir are the only two conquerors his description could possibly be referring to.

And 370 ar which makes it perfectly balanced.

No this is my first time asking. You think every person that asks is all the same person?

It's Veeky Forums sword

Not as disappointing as the Large Sword of Searching.

lorefags, explain to me why DaS3 giants don't have hole faces

Do you see an anus face? No?

1. It has a sick WA with a lot of range if you L2-R2, which can catch people off guard
2. People don't immediately hate you in duels for using it

But in PvE it's objectively worse

Yes because one person has been asking repeatedly over the last few days and for no other reason would I think so