Pickups general

hey b/o/ys

so i bought this 85 f-150 for 700 bucks. brakes dont work until the pedal is almost all the way in, but i'm taking it to a shop to figure out that issue.

my main problem is that there is OIL EVERYWHERE. all over the motor, in the carb filter, on the frame, etc. what could be causing it? it's got the 302 5.0.

also pickup general

Post more my man. Looks really clean. This is mine. Bought it from a friend of mine for 900, which made me feel really bad because he was selling it for 1500 and dropped the price for me.
>'96 with '94 302 engine
Check all the seals and gaskets on the block to see if there is any sort of leakage. My engine isn't carbed, so I'm not familiar with it.

I'd honestly guess cracked power steering hose spraying fluid everywhere.
Common issue.

its not that clean- seats are ripped to shit and its rattlecan painted black. frame is solid though, which is a nice thing.

i'll have to ask the guys at the shop (read: chief of my fire dept) if he notices anything when its on the lift.

my dad keeps yelling at me to get it out of the driveway and that he would buy me a newer f-350 but i really like this hunk of shit. also insurance is just over 100 a month which is nice.

And master brake cylinder. Bore is worn so it only seals at the bottom of the stroke.

Both master cylinder and power steering hose are easy fixes.
I'd bet less than $50 for both in parts.

that sounds about right. the master cylinder is leaking for sure, and the reserve is about an inch higher in fluid than the main reservoir.

Get rid of it. Your engine probably has a crack in it, and it will cost you more money to fix it than it's worth.

If your dad offers to buy you a truck let him. You'll thank him down the road when you're not sinking thousands into a degrading shitbox

if he buys it, he owns it- i don't. i don't need that kind of leverage hanging over my head all the time. i would ideally like this to last a year- at which point i should have enough saved to buy something else. that said, i might just swap the motor for something else if it's that bad. my friend is selling a ford 7.3 turbodiesel and trans for 200 bucks- so i could easily pick something like that up

nice find user
$700 bux is a pretty good price
Those 302s tend to run for a very long time
Best part is you don't have to worry about scratching your paint like you would on the f350

even if engine is cracked he can get another 302 from a junk yard cheap AF famili

Front larger reservoir is for front brakes, smaller back is for rear brakes.

Check power steering.
Fire it up, open the hood, then standing next to it and watching the steering box area (mounted on frame on driver side next to front of engine) turn the wheel back and forth and see if a hose stays fluid.

My recent purchase

*standing next to it reach through open window and turn wheel so you have clear view of steering box/hose/pump area.

i plan to eventually stick on a supercharger and cut a hole in the hood a la roadkill
>pic related
will do famalama
sexy af

Op has electronic feedback carb- your pic is going to give him the mod bug.

Was watching Road Kill last night and today.

Please tell me that shit is getting a second season.

>tfw no EFI and the msd box is a pain the ass to install

why even live

they make a new episode every month and release it for free on youtube. you can also watch new episodes a month early on motor trend on demand but you have to pay 5 bucks a month.

Msd box is like 4 wires dude.
I have an 85 that's running msd and a volley.

*holley

still gonna cost more than i paid for the whole truck ;-;

wish it was an 87 when that shit was standard

Got 2 Holly's for $50.
Msd on eBay for $100

Life saver senpai. I found the first season on Netflix and binged hard.

no problem. i love that show so much and i have a crush on finnegan t b h fampai

I want to learn how to work on cars and maybe build up a foxbody Mustang or Camaro someday, as well as maintaining my DD and weekend truck, but I have no idea where to get started.

TURD PRO is right

>2016
>getting an SUV with a shopping cart on the back

eeks