/fog/ - Fallout General

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>Nuka World Collectibles Guides
>SCAV! Mags
imgur.com/a/caZVa
>Nuka Recipes
imgur.com/a/iyZy4
>Starcores
imgur.com/a/y4EMu
>Medallions
imgur.com/a/Fg9IT
>Cappys
imgur.com/a/B0PrB

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18949/?
strawpoll.me/11345086
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18856/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15571/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mags is best!

Anyways, implemented Luck as a stat in CK for the perk overhaul. Luck now grants 1% critical strike chance per level, up to 10% (without any other perks) but the amount of critical charge gained from VATS has been heavily reduced.

Something I realized though is that a lot of these perk descriptions tend to be really damn wordy. Lots of numbers, percents, flat damage, etc.

Would you guys prefer perk descriptions with everything laid out, precise stats, or just like "more damage" and whatnot?

Just include a link to some document with numbers. Don't stuff too much into the game.

Who gives a shit about random crits? VATS crits are valuable because they increase distance where VATS is usable. Guaranteed damage at long range are why people even bother with luck. Other than that it's a shit stat.

Actually, I remember seeing a video in which Todd claimed to recognise some of their mistakes, and specifically mentioned voiced protagonist. Don't lose hope completely, but yes: Bethesda will continue to disappoint.

You mean it increases distance at which VATS is abusable. I've played the game, I know how broken luck builds can be.

In my opinion, if you want guaranteed damage at long range, learn to aim. VATS is designed for strategic purposes, like crippling body parts, and should in no way become an alternative to aiming. Which is why I'm nerfing things like vats crit and vats damage, but introducing advantages to crippling limbs and such.

Trying out FROST, and the terminal in the beginning doesn't do anything. I'm assuming it's supposed to be for character creation. How do I manually open the little SPECIAL stats window that normally pops up when the vault-tec rep shows up at your door?

>no intelligent deathclaw companion waifu

shit game

I need your help /fog/.

>Maxing out Macready for that sweet sweet perk
>Go do his personal quest at Mass Pike Interchange
>Kill everyone, talk to him, business as usual, start heading back to my base at Hangman's
>By the time I reach Hangman's he's not with me

I have 0 fucking idea where he went. I went back to Mass Pike, full of new Gunners but no Macready. I switched companions and selected to send Macready to Hangman's, but after 24 hours he's not there.

What do? I put a ton of hours into this playthrough and I don't want to have to start over.

>In my opinion, if you want guaranteed damage at long range, learn to aim. VATS is designed for strategic purposes, like crippling body parts, and should in no way become an alternative to aiming. Which is why I'm nerfing things like vats crit and vats damage, but introducing advantages to crippling limbs and such.

I don't know, I only use VATS to get in range of melee. VATS is total trash unless you min-max it. I don't see a reason to make it even worse.

Voiced protagonists are the future

He admitted that the meme wheel dialogue is a mistake

There is a VaultTec console you can build that can attach a map marker to any follower.
I'd advise adding that perk through console. The quest sucks dick anyway. You need to kill twenty ghouls and waste a lot of time walking.

It's not making it worse, just more specialized. VATS is a bit too feast of famine for me, either you get full perception and agility and deal huge damage while being at 95% accuracy, or you do no damage and waste all your AP.

So one of the changes is that PER is nerfed, so accuracy now scales at rougly 4% per level, rather than 10, but the PER perks are MUCH stronger, and reworked VANS encourages using VATS to cripple limbs.

What's the point of crippling limbs?

Is it possible to have an ideal survival experience now or should I wait another year for something like OOO and Project Nevada to come out?

limit enemy movement, reduce accuracy, limit attacks, etc.

Obviously there are perks that encourage it too. The final rank of sniper causes rifle shots that cripple the head to deal double damage, but reduces VATS accuracy. With sneak attack bonuses and the rifleman perk that ignores 50% armor at full health, you can more than make up for the damage nerfs I made to Ninja and stealth.

Iron Fist, for example, also has a perk that gives a chance to crit on all downed enemies. And since Paralyzing Palm triggers on crit, you can lead into some nice long combos on enemies.

Wait for PIP-BOI. That's my version of PN for this game, with some ordinator mixed in I guess.

Holy christ user you're a lifesaver. Found the little shit like 2 miles north of MPI.

>There you are, almost thought you forgot about me
Fuck you Macreedy.

Voiced
Armor
When

Seriously, I just need someone to tell me how to add voice lines to equpping/armor, distributing stimpaks etc.

Ideally want to use the MK II voice lines, Fallout 4 even has an armor "enchant" to administer stimpaks on the power armor. But I lack the technical know-how

Also is Maxwell's World out yet?

Oh, that's actually really easy. If you can record lines, I can add that to armor.

And yes. Came out today, and now trainwiz is surfing in southern cali.

I'd rather have exact numbers.

>PIP-BOI.
Any ETA? What does it add? I'm only interested in having the game be a little bit more hardcore like NV

>PIP-BOI

fucking

when

Also did you ever play Requiem for Skyrim Kos?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18949/?

Stealth Suit MK II is best waifu.

I was just gonna use the voice lines from NV. Obviously wasn't gonna upload it to the nexus. Don't even have an armor in mind for it. Is there a concise way for you to explain to me how to do it or is it more lengthy? I do have experience with the skyrim creation kit/geck/f4 creation kit already.

Is this any good? Maxwell World?

Also I want to know what
>pip-boi
is

To pip-boi guy, I hope you change that name because it sounds like a Fo4 husbando mod or some shit

duh it's a mod to replace Vault Boy graphics with a twin version with exposed boipucci, you idiots

yo /fog/, i haven't been in these threads in probably a little over a month but i'm just now getting around to going at nuka world's main questline, got to shank and now i'm at an impasse

do i bring this retarded ruckus to the commonwealth and make the kooky kosplayer hate me? or do i order 66 all these dirty faggots and make nuka world my own?

download maxwell's world and play that instead

It makes no difference really.

You can build a ton of Pick-me Up stations in Raider settlements and they generate Buffout, Jet and Psycho in alarming quantities.

Kinda cool. The only effect raiders have is that Preston will not want to be your follower. You can still do all Minutemen quests etc.

>Is this any good? Maxwell World?

So far it's been. Lot of script lag though. Guess it's trying to pull off really complicated stuff

T R U L Y

No, it's just that fallout 4 is shit about executing scripts in a timely manner. Same with scenes apparently, it likes to interrupt them.

I wonder if I should let the bugs get kinked out before I pick it up, I'm really looking forward to it.

Necrophilia mods when

Next Fallout should be set in Japan. Instead of retro futurism 1950s Americana. It is 1980s anime cyberpunk dystopia.

kys

It should also be called Weeb Trash Simulator and not be related to Fallout at all.

So I heard that Rifleman does not lower energy resistance.

FUCKING WHY ?

Not unless I can figure out what's causing them

My GPU is essentially doing nothing in FO4, and I don't know why. I need to figure out and fix this. It will not go above 14% no matter what, while any other game will appropriately use it. Gigabyte GTX 970.

Is there anything as QT as Curie wearing Kellogg's outfit?

Here's my MSI afterburner profile and performance stats. I took this immediately after closing FO4. It doesn't go above 14% usage or 50C degrees, ever.

my butt

HA! I have other alternative

>lvl 32 survival
>I'm fed up with dogmeat's stupidity and poor AI map navigation skills
>searched for a mod that solved that
Teleport to companion its called, but only available in PC

WIth that you cna craft a holotape. When its played on a computah (no pipboy) you can either teleport a companion to you or you to a companion

No more dealing with dogmeat's map shenannigans.

Really, Survival is cool and all, but it feels that much of its difficulty relies on artifitial stuff like slowdowns and bullet sponging

Had any of you watched NPC's combat betwen factions? Those fuckers keep firing at each other for minutes, but if you carelessly meddle in their business you could end like swisscheese less than a minute.

>Had any of you watched NPC's combat betwen factions? Those fuckers keep firing at each other for minutes, but if you carelessly meddle in their business you could end like swisscheese less than a minute.
That's because difficulty level damage changes only apply to damage done to or by the player. Very Easy NPC v NPC combat is exactly the same as Survival.

Disable your integrated in the bios.

I'm getting conflicting opinions. Here's a strawpoll.

strawpoll.me/11345086

ETA? End of the month. I still have a lot of stuff for companion perks I've got to work out, and the best scripter I know is on vacation, so yeah.

As for what it adds, pretty much a whole bigass perk overhaul and balance overhaul. But aside from specific perks, more general changes include tuning damage down to 4x/2x/1x/1x taken and done. This sounds a bit dumb at first, but then again all NPCs will benefit from the perks too. I was thinking, why have a NPC take 50% damage, and then give a 100% damage perk? Why not just make it even? So you'll take, and deal relatively more damage.

Level cap at 100.

The game will be more hardcore, dangerous. Addictisol is rarer, Refreshing beverage no longer cures shit, and doctor cost now scales with level for addictions only. Addictions and diseases are deadlier, and the perks usually used to compensate, like Party Boy, now decrease in effectiveness after level 21, and become downright derogatory after level 40. However, they are drastically more powerful early on, so chems (Just like in real life) become a tradeoff.

If you have a better name, or a relevant word that starts with Y, be my guest.

Learn papyrus
On event, sound.play(self)

This is basically Open Beta at this point, Maxwell is so deluged with shit that somethings gonna go wrong in literally every playthrough.

I was severely dissapointed at not being capable to make wear Valentine a cool institute robe and synth armor

How would Nick react to this? How synth tears would taste? :3

What difficulty would you recommend playing Maxwell's World on, Trainwiz? Assuming you've tested it thoroughly enough. I just wanna be sure one boss won't have eighty-quintillion health with multipliers in gear and I won't get fucked over.

>So you'll take, and deal relatively more damage.
Sounds like sneaky sniper's wet dream. Never understood this faggotry in modder rebalances. It's like every one of them only loves silenced sniper rifle and everything else must suck dick.

Don't know if its the Nvidia updates or the patches but performance seems to be deteriorating.

Could run around Boston Commons with no lag @40-45fps but now it's down to 30 with a shitload of stuttering.

Perks are also given more ranks, but each rank is weaker. The final perk of each rank often carries a detrimental effect, but are usually crazy strong.

Combat perks have 10 ranks in particular, with the tenth perk being the most powerful one.

Iron Fist: Attacks build charge. At 10 charges, your next attack does 500% damage and knocks the enemy away (Think a Fus Ro Dah effect)

Big Leagues: You are now invulnerable during a power attack. Power attacks cost 50% more AP.

Heavy Gunner: Ubercharge after unloading 500 rounds. Will fall off gradually if you stop firing.

Rifleman: Doubled range, and final bullet always crits (Ironically, this turns the double barreled shotgun into one of the best weapons)

Sniper: Attacks that cripple the head will deal double damage. Stacks with sneak crit.

Commando: Once a day, bash to activate supressive fire for 30 seconds. While active, you move faster and all your automatic rifle attacks stagger.

Ninja: No longer grants the crazy bonus crit perks, now only grants more sneak damage to melee weapons and trainwiz's throwing weapons.
Getting a kill with now instantly stealths you and causes you to move faster.

Because they wanted me to fix it, silly.
And boy do I fix it.

Seriously though, because IIRC there's only one native variable for armor in the CK due to Elder scrolls.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18856/?

muh dick

Okay, I've been trying to suspend my disbelief, but I can't any more, I just can't.

Is the Sole Survivor really just straight up eating InstaMash RAW? I tried that shit once, it's impossible. There should at least be a cooking option to prepare it properly.

Also why can we not cook Cram Fritters?

why so few armors in the vanilla game?

>tfw want to do an autistically in-depth food and alcohol overhaul but have no skills

I just want my Sole Survivor to cook a gourd-stuffed Cram loaf, and brew some alcohol that's not 200 years old.

Eh, charred and swimsuit were better.

vanilla vanilla or full game vanilla?

Cus even vanilla vanilla has three variants for 5 different armor sets plus a fuckton of under armors.

>playing on "Survival"

Shhh, let them meme.

What's your problem with "Survival" mode?

In what world does this look good? In what non-bedroom related situation would you ever dress like this?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15571/?

For that one bitch nigga always ITT whining about PA no longer being glorified metal armor and liking the shit F3/NV style being slightly bigger than the player

Reminder to endorse :^)

>In what world does this look good?
This one, apparently.

>In what non-bedroom related situation would you ever dress like this?
In whatever situation the player desires.

It's nothing more than forced Narcolepsy and mandatory "Be sure to visit your settlements often and restock on Vegetable soup and Water."

It only slows the game down. The settlement system makes it paradoxical. You can't play survival in a game where you own 99% of the food and water.

Fuck you kid

Never :^)

Check out the smartass dickcheese on aisle five

Everyone knows that Bathrobe is best armor.

>For that one bitch nigga always ITT whining about PA no longer being glorified metal armor and liking the shit F3/NV style
I have literally never seen this individual. Not once.

What I loved the most was

>whoa can't sleep more than 3 hours in this here sleeping bag

>take sleeping bag with you?
>nonsense

Were they fucking high "designing" this?

No one cares about your puritanical desires, grandpa.

Actually, they had shit like this in your time so I guess you're upset it doesn't show more.

Oh yeah, that was it.

t. first time /fog/ lurker

The difference is the outfit design you posted looks balling as fuck, and totally appropriate for the setting. That bastardized piper outfit looks like the last shit I took.

>still using the regular pipboy
>not just being a form fitting armored exo skeleton

What's the point? If you want a PA suit that is just slightly less stompy and clunky why not install CROSS?

Sure thing, user. Sure thing.

Looks pretty shit, but the helmet hanging off the back is fantastic. Excellent design choice.

How about this for a design choice *beats your face unrecognizable and stomps on your neck*

*unzips dick*
Why don't you beat this!?!?

I don't play... with my food ;)

I forbid myself from using scopes when I mod in high mutual lethality because it ruins all the fun. I want "the quick and the dead" sort of gunfights where I have to take fast cover and rapidly prioritize who I'm gunning down. It makes the hipfire perk really valuable too.

Sneaky sniping is probably the most boring way to play FO4, especially with ballistic sneak attacks and how forgiving stealth is.

Combat just sucks altogether. Playing Fallout 4 after Doom 2016 makes you vomit.

Last time I played, I had Sprinter hat and two Sprinter legs, plus that jetpack from Armorsmith. It made the game much more bearable. I could just go ham death from above style instead of typical standing behind corner stuff.

while that bit is a huge killer for an already dumb system, the premise is actually the bit that got me most. How the fuck are you gonna make a survival game where it takes all of 5 minutes to set up all the supplies you'll ever need for a survival playthrough, and shit just gets laughably easier as you move forward.
> You don't need to recruit people to use as caravaneers, you can just have robots do it.
> You don't need too cook your own food, you can just stick it in the Contraptions and mass produce snack cakes (and meds) like that one nigger.
> You don't even need to really plan your outings into dangerous territory. Just bring a vertiberd signal grenade and you're good to go whenever shit gets hairy.

You know what might have been an actual challenge? Settlement Tycoon mode.
> Happiness becomes a major gamestate indicator.
> effected by fuckin everything.
> If your settlements aren't happy enough they riot and attack you on sight when coming back.
> to keep them happy you have to not only produce goods and cash, but continue expanding, and keep the population under a certain level by keeping them moving around.
> Multiple caravans running the same routes increase the amount of overall caps earned and food distributed rather than just giving you access to junk.
> a failed raid wipes your entire town of settlers and resources.
> siding with a faction unlocks an NPC that outfits your settlers appropriately in weapons, armor and misc gear.
> etc

>Combat just sucks altogether. Playing Fallout 4 after Doom 2016 makes you vomit.
Try going back to New Vegas or Fallout 3, you will literally shit your pants in anger when you miss a sure thing.

If I wanted micromanagement, I'd play Factorio or Civilization or something. Survival mode is just a stupid thing to put into Bethesda game that's all about imbalanced shit thrown together.

What about Blamco Mac and Cheese? Is he eating hard pasta shells and cheese powder?

>Try going back to New Vegas or Fallout 3, you will literally shit your pants in anger when you miss a sure thing.

I have exhausted these games for this lifetime. I mostly used LMG bought at Gun Runners in Vegas and some Alien gun and Gating laser in Fo3. Nothing particularly fancy. Just killing shit quickly and continuing exploring was more fun for me.

>He doesn't eat uncooked macaroni shells
Missing out senpai

I do spend about 33% of my time in power armor just punching things to death using a tweaked version of the Fearsome PA mod.

I tried using power armor, but it just felt clunky as hell. The only thing I missed was jumping from heights. If it's a hard fight, I'd rather just pop some chems instead of suffering power armor dexterity all the time. And don't forget constant getting in and out to do anything. Fuck that noise.

Father or House?

House, no question.

>decrepit old guy or decrepit old guy
I'll take "murder both" for 200.

Father is a little fag. House is ultimate alpha.