/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Finland edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Gamescom Siege video :
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16 :
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/Kc6hzaW1

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:

>user's ACOCK minimod
mega.nz/#F!JRQ1DRqA!Evh-3Q3uQRbaLzR4LiQ85A
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b
full download
mega.nz/#!o5g3nAiY!Mv1fVljpCfCWykQW-fTqycWvq4zQ-5aRuTxUpMsN_F8
patch from earlier versions to 4.3.0.7b
mega.nz/#!dt5mQQJL!TJaUZk2ZQDjRdyezFyRWrVhIKNY9pLk2rpMQeM5AqzI

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do ?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uF4fKmHw4tg#t=46
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/17
youtube.com/watch?v=GS3qFAq33lg
youtube.com/watch?v=IxAQVV80Nc8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Rhodoks

youtu.be/uF4fKmHw4tg#t=46
>tfw no icelandic gf to serenade you with their preserved norse language

GODS
CHOSEN
PEOPLE

Veeky Forums Pass user since October 2016.

New blog!

taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/17

Actually feasting can be a good way to gather the lords and massing troops though. Because most of the time the faraway lords can't be assed to answer even the marshal's summon

Bannerlord is never coming out.

>all mods are inherently shit

What do I do? It seems no mod is truly satisfying

Fuck off.

[meme]

MEME?

Why do people pretend that CRPG is good?

>[meme]
Haha, fuck off mate.
[post-ironic meme]

>all these rhodoks with their (((Veeky Forums Pass)))

OY VEY

BONG GAY HE BEIGN (4u) :DDD

i'm bosting Bao Bao in boner of the boster who was bosting in boner of the goriginal Bao Bao boster ungil we get a hood Brobantz of the Gree Gingdums god

Falconian's is for an older version of PooP, not the current. Should be in the pastebin though.

>siege defense
>rocking these muskets
>crouching behind the crenellations to reload, popping up only to pop off shots
>halfway through my ammo
>move forward one merlon
>pop up
>enemy Camp Defender spins 360 degrees and pegs me right in the head
Clearly I made a mistake here somewhere.

>you will neber habe a bure suomi raichu

y ebin libe? fugg :DDd xdd DDD:

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

>you will never have a pure steppe waifu

Why even live?

Are we being annexed by finns? :DDD

wow this thread sure is shit

ur mom is shit

>pure
Come on, she's so hungry for that shota cock it's not even funny.

who would win

Nothing impure about a woman hungry for the dick of her husband

Cao Cao.

how do i crouch

Oh, but it is impure.
The thing is, there's anything wrong impurity itself though.

Which mod

Welp, I butchered that sentence good.
There's nothing wrong with it.

L'Aigle with lolimod.
I'm pretty sure crouching is in, since my men do it.

Maybe V key?
I haven't played L'aigle so I don't really know

z is default
go to keybinds to check what the key is/rebind

Suomi :DDDD

O H
F U G

butter up that pooper

How does King Harlaus maintain such a remarkable physique on a diet of BUTTER. He should be a FAT SLOB. Now King Graveth on the other hand...

LOW CARB DIET

How does the Butter King do it?

the secret is butter. lots and lots of butter.

LOW CARBS DOES NOT EXPLAIN THE MUSCLE

okay

who thought this was a good idea

Are Swadian Knights a fucking requirement against every faction that's not Nords? Ranged units in this game are fucking bonkers. Crossbowmen are a god damn nightmare.

You don't need 100% Calvary to tie up enemy archers for your infantry to follow up. If you hate Native ranged you are going to hate the majority of mods out there.

I find that mounted crossbowmen like sword sisters are useful, since you can deploy rapidly for flanking and then dismount to attack.

What mod is this?

Dickplomacy.

Am I just blind or is there no link for nipland adventures in the pastebin anymore?

god i fucking hate horse bandits

you'd have loved eagle & radiant cross bandits :-DDDDD

i don't even know what it was but they're way worse than any other bandit for some reason, it's incredibly annoying
managed to get to the church and just bottleneck them with their horses and kill them all, was 38 of em too

try this

>i don't even know what it was but they're way worse than any other bandit for some reason
The fact that they all have pistols and move at 8.0 on the campaign map and there are hundreds of them?

a previous battle i had almost 40 men, they had 17, they killed over half my men in melee even though i had lancers
so i fucked off to a port and then these cunts ambushed me but i got lucky with the church scene

Caful. All that blood will make your halberd rusty

Does anyone remember that mod with the giant-ass 'elohim' or whatever -- total biblical theme, but they all looked like aliens

pic is how I felt after seeing screengrabs from it

The one where the modder refused to make it in Warband because "reasons"? Yeah I remember that.

Anyone remember the user that was retexturing stuff in Phantasy? His stuff looked good. Did he ever release anything?

Does this game purposefully make your troops retarded when defending a town.

just do
>1
>hold position (at breach)
>form 5 rows
ez
or if you have no ranged cav
>1, shift + 3
>hold position (at breach)
>form 5 rows

this, If your troops are worth anything you can hold out armies 10 times as bigger as yours

I'm trying to defend my town with 70 soldiers against 530

How do I do this. I absolutely fucking hate that the game automatically puts your ranged classes up on defense regardless of your party composition.

>people making ranged classes even better in mods

Nah, fuck that. If I need my mod fix I'll stick to shit like Viking Conquest and not have to deal with cancerous ranged classes.

>le 5,000,000,000 damage with pinpoint accuracy even against lordly plate armor
>unless you have 10 Shield enjoy getting one shot from behind a shield

just strafe because the AI can't lead

>t. /v/

Aside from strafing as above user posted, its also a question of judgement. Especially if you intend to play melee with 100% damage.

I really don't get what you mean. The troop AI in town defense is basically to move back to the hole in defenses and to try to garrison specific areas with ranged. Tends to be better than what can be done manually with some exceptions... Namely in tower sieges due to how terrible the main bottleneck tends to be.

Frequently troop AI behavior is based on unit category as well. You can do manual placement of specific types of troops (like companions) if you put them on a unique unit category.

forgot about putting your archers in the courtyard like that, if you combine it with rows then you can fit them in just about anywhere and they'll all be able to shoot due to elevation

Trying to man the walls in tower siege defenses is suicide in most cases. Probably the main reason why people dread being besieged in Dhirim.

Also why I wonder how Bannerlord siege defenses will be. Sieges should be more dynamic but every siege being turned into Dhirim is just going to motivate players to give up towns/castles and reconquer it rather than attempt a defense.

People complain about offensive sieges but its actually defense that is disadvantaged if you know what you are doing in most cases. Especially with how exploitable ladder siege hit and retreat is if you feel lame.

>tfw defending your castle outnumbered by about 200 troops
>defend once successfully, defend a second time successfully but lose a LOT of my troops on the second wave
>think all is lost
>just then the Marshall and our army come storming in and fuck up the remaining enemy vassals

this game meign

>he doesn't like range units
man, you would hate gekokujo

>Play with 400-500 troops and infinite reinforcements.
>This never happens
Its too bad time effectively freezes when you are engaged in battle. Would be neat if over world shenanigans continued and enemy reinforcements could suddenly engage you from a different spawn point for example.

>universally buffed throwing weapons, firearms, automatic crossbows, explosive arrows, cannons, grenades...
I suspect Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth would give him an aneurysm.

>cannon ammo is counted as bolts and can be used for chu ko nus
well done swedish mayo

I need to play that mod, when I have a bit more free time

youtube.com/watch?v=GS3qFAq33lg

Tap [C]

>Your shins are MINE
Fucking manlets.

>incapacitated

I hope that bannerlord is easier to mod as they say, we could have more crazy shit like this bible/halo fanfiction

youtube.com/watch?v=IxAQVV80Nc8

>Grenades restock after battle
And thus a new kind of companion was born

>have the king prisoner
>have half of his vassals prisoner
>have half of their land captured
>three other factions are invading them
>offer them peace
>lol fagt give us 50,000 money and all that land back
These people.

I find that if a conflict is too one sided a faction will refuse peace to save face. Thus if you want to end a war quickly sometimes it is best to just conquer multiple castles/towns and then allow them to conquer it back.

And what do I do when they have nothing but wild landless lords that keep burning my villages and running like chickens on speed?

If you are planning to allow them to reconquer their own territories they will also be wasting time raiding much of their old territories you intend to give up anyways.

If you are; generally, having trouble fending off lords raiding your villages that is just a sign that you need to stop distribute more lands to lords. Or have more lords. Or just not assign fiefs to lords in such a dumb manner that they need to traverse the entire map to defend their territories.

If the lords are landless because the faction is landless why are you half-assing it and not just finished them off?

>stop distribute more lands to lords
should be
>distribute more lands to lords
"Stop" just snuck in there but completely reverses the meaning.

>If the lords are landless because the faction is landless why are you half-assing it and not just finished them off?
There's no way to finish it off because there's nothing left to finish. The fuck do you mean, matey?
And I can't afford to go around as a band of merry men to chase down these individual fucking assbandits who are somehow capable of razing entire villages, because other wars are being waged.

Best native mod?
One where I can be in someones army and ones where if I die I become another troop

Then that goes back to:
>If you are; generally, having trouble fending off lords raiding your villages...

Biggest problems player kings seem to have are the following:

1) Hoarding all of their lands and then complaining they can't be everywhere at once
2) Complaining that they can't keep high relations with all lords

If one of my vassals is incapable of defending their village I'm not going to break my back trying to fend off random mooks. That is what the Marshal is for.

I need peasants for my towns to prosper properly, do I not? I don't get many peasants from the burned out shells of my hinterlands.

Well, not even the Marshal. A random 15-40 troop should be able to be defended by the lord assigned the fief. If you can't be everywhere at once make it so that you don't have to be. You're the king.

If the Lords are respawning because they have a single territory remaining conquer the fucking territory already. Afterwards they won't respawn and you won't be wasting your time.

Nigger, I am delegating, you can stop harping that fucking chord. AI lords are incompetent fuckswills.

I have contracted the local bandit faction to act as patrols. Hopefully, that solves the problem.
And doesn't cost me too many foreign caravans.

It's not that they're respawning, it's that a (1/1) party moves faster than anyone else on the map. I don't how or why they're that way, but the bastards keep buzzing around like the useless shits they are.

>One where I can be in someones army
freelancer
>and ones where if I die I become another troop
1257 is the only mod i've seen with that

Retards like you brighten up my day