Dodge avenger 2009

Dodge avenger 2009

I've been working a minimum wage job and have saved up 3,500$. It's time for my first car.

My grandpa wants to give me his avenger for free, it has less than 30,000 miles. I find nothing appealing about the car, it's slow as shit and I hate the fucking red ass color. My family's trying to make me feel guilty for rejecting it but id rather buy a trans am or something with my hard earned money. What would you do Veeky Forums? I wouldn't feel right selling it after he gave it to me either. Its probably worth a good 8-9 grand since its in perfect condition condition with less than 30k miles.

I doubt I can do much about the speed of the car, but can I at least rice it up to make it feel like my own car? Maybe a badass sound system ridiculously retarded spoiler maybe lower the suspension? Tilt the wheels out to the side? I know I'd look like a faggot with these rices, but would it make a good meme car? Aftermarket probably sucks ass on this thing.

I just want something I'd be proud to drive Veeky Forums.

Take it and swap the v6 in with your $3500

Just take it and use it as a DD.

Then keep saving and buy another car. DD'ing a Trans Am is a terrible idea.

Perfect car. Drive it for the next decade instead of destroying yourself financially on automobiles like most Americans.

Also don't fuck with it beyond regular maintenance.

What does DD mean?
Should I have some friends help me swap? Or should I have it done professionally somewhere
What about a professional doing an engine swap?

You will fuck it up. Pay to have a professional do it.

This

Your family is happy and you don't have to worry about the reliability of your fun car.

>what does DD mean
Daily driver

Of course that does mean paying insurance for two cars though

Accept the car. Keep it stock and treat it well. This will be your daily.

Go to your local Craigslist and buy something you woukd want to modify and "make yours". This is your project.

Your daily accomplish daily driving duties while you accumulate money for all the modifications you will want to make to your project.

I suggest finding a third gen Camaro or Foxbody Mustang.

I would keep the Avenger and keep saving money for a better car in the future. It has very low miles for a 2009 model.

You can get the grand am after a while with your first car. A FWD sedan owned by your grandpa is the ideal first car. I'd consider getting a fun car after a decent career. You'll need it to pay for the maintenance and insurance. Besides, free is free.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm starting to feel like an ungrateful dickhead, so I'll take his car and use it to drive to a better workplace. I'm sure once I start driving, it will feel like my own. It would be pretty stupid not to take it anyways.

Put the 3500 away for when you look to move out.

Daily driver shitbox you stupid fuck

It's not like he's forcing you to buy it hes giving you a free car literally $0 dollars and you get to keep saving your $3500

>offered free car
>does not immediately accept as long as scrap value is higher than tow cost
FULL
FUCKING
FAGGOT

Fucking why though
What a retarded way to think

Grandpa just wants you to have a car without having to pay for it. He knows you work a job with a shit wage and he's just trying to help by giving you a handmedown.

Rejecting his offer would be a slap in the face.

You're gonna love that car when your grandpa passes away

I have a Cadillac DTS that my grandma gave me when my grandpa died. It's a thirsty FWD land barge that really isn't reliable but I still love that thing

I swear it's always the people with the least choices who are picky as fuck.

If you hate it that much, sell it but come up with a good excuse. For example, some dodge dealership offered to buy it for a lot of money because it's super rare. They'll buy the story if they don't know shit about cars. Honestly though, just take the car you ungrateful piece of shit.

>le insurance maymay
Your insurance shouldn't jump more than $50/mo to add a car. Especially if one is a shitbox/groundbuilt DD like the Avenger.

listen to
and not the other anons telling you to piss away money on a shitty project car.

Protip: You can't polish a turd. There is absolutely no reason to modify a car that gets you from A to B 90% of the time, unless it's a functional upgrade like replacing a transmission cooler or replacing worn out shockers. Cars are better stock, or upgraded with stock parts.

People are more impressed by the fact that you have an extremely clean car rather than a riced out shitbox.

Take the free car, take care of it and then later on you can buy a fun car to work on that is a better base.

This can happen if you're under 25. As far as insurance companies are concerned, until you're 25, you might as well be 16.

>offered a low mile car for $0 USD
>i would rather buy one with my wagecuck bucks

give me your grandpa's number, OP. I will be the grandson he always wanted

>>offered a low mile car for $0 USD
>>i would rather buy one with my wagecuck bucks

Sounds like conservative logic kek.

Everything I own I've earned with my own money, my phone,pc,clothes, etc. I'm frugal as hell but I pride myself on it. I feel like if I'm handed a free car I didn't earn it/don't deserve it.

Now I just need to find a way to thank him for it and sound sincere.

The sooner kids realize this the better. The only people that like rice and sikk mawds are other ricers, and ricers generally have bad taste.

There's a yellow S2000 in my neighborhood. It looks entirely stock and well kept but I haven't gotten a really close look at it. I'm seriously tempted to ring the doorbell and ask if the owner would be willing to sell it.

But a conservative person would want to be frugal with spending. Your post makes no sense.

a truly frugal person would never in a million years turn down a free car - cars are money sinks between payments/insurance/gas/repairs, and if you can waive the whole "paying for the car" bit then you certainly should. if you feel guilty, offer to help your grandpa out with some general handyman work or something once in a while

I figured he was addressing the other girls sarcasm.

I had a similar conundrum a while back, is this your grandfathers only car? My grandad wanted to give me his Nissan, pretty big beautiful truck, but I felt guilty as fuck taking his only method of going around other than walking. If it were an extra car I doubt it'd be too big of an issue to sell the thing and match it with what you have. Assuming you can't get much for it to match with your savings, maybe have it repainted with what you have, not sure where you live but 3,500$ out in SoCal is enough for a good paint job but not much else unless you want a very old, very well driven car. On top of that if the car is

Conservatives aren't frugal with anything, user. Their consumption is killing our planet.

>Words only have political meaning.
Pure cancer. KYS

Oh I see, you mean politically conservative.

>Conservatives aren't frugal
They are against deficit spending which is the opposite of frugal and is based on failed Keynesian economics
>Their consumption
So liberals never consume anything?

If you want to talk politics pls

take that car and treat it well. dude its generous as fuck.

put that 3500 in a investement account or some shit. fuck spending that.

what you need is reliable wheels, not some 3,5k pos ricer