/ovg/ - Approving South Korean development driver edition

/ovgt1/ race start: 20 UTC Sat
/ovg/ Indycar race start: 22 UTC Sat

Previous thread: Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1700004632
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1412495089
youtube.com/watch?v=9I0DQtYZgX0
race2play.com/schedule/show_event/21640
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nth for you missed the F-ZERO GP at DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY and you should feel bad

MIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEYMIKEY

had an austin powers moment today

5th for asking if someone here has Forza 6

Did some more drifting guys what do you think?

Don't go to the get good website!

It's run by VOIP users!

Bringing back up the idea of pickup races proposed in

Since there isn't anything going on this weekend besides IndyCar at Road Atlanta, I figured we could do a pickup race with the URD GTE cars on the Daytona Road Course converted by our best friend SJ. Race will be 25 minutes long, and have a 24 hour day cycle.

Race starts at 20:00 UTC

Links for things here: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1700004632

I like the idea, but I don't think as proposed it would be used as you may think it would.

I'd rather pickup style races every friday\saturday night. Get a server with what ever car and a few tracks each week. For the new drivers who recently joined and even for the "veterens" who only race online with /ovg/, it would be a good way for them to get a more consistent race practice without the stress of silly points and google docs.

A reform on how we do series would also be nice, series should only be stuff like ranwec. Series with big appeal, and a longer calendar. Races are only run evey other week, and rotate with the pickups. IMO the everything needs to be a series idea of the past year or so around here needs to be put to an end.

Also since there's plenty of white knights running around if/when the URD link gets taken down either join mumble and ask for the link or wait for it to be reuploaded.

Picked up AC and the DLC during the Summer Sale - anyone have any fuck around servers up or do I have to stay offline for that?

finally get to post my pointless webm's

Good idea, just the thing we need.
Might want to throw an extra track or so on the rotation, or add another heat.

an open track day server might be what you're looking for, just sort by player count and you'll usually find one

A fine drift indeed, but you ain't seen nothing yet!
Behold mine drift, does it not slide across the road as gracefully as my cock down your moms throat?

Yeah I'd be willing to do that if people want to do another race after. It's just pickup races so nothing is too set in stone.

>/ovglfs/ when?

reminder that we have a LFS S3 server imaginatively called "/ovglfs/ when?" running on pereulok. currently it's set as follows
>10 mins quali
>5 lap race
>all cars enabled
>rockingham ISSC, but users can change the track themselves
>usual password

some helpful user put some instructions for unlocking S3 via pereulok in the googledoc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1412495089

as a fallback, there's also a legit demo server up called "/ovglfs/ shitboxes" running all 3 demo cars and locked to blackwood GP (also 10 mins quali and 5 lap race). but we're gonna get bored of that quickly so the pereulok server is a better option. at least 2 of you have managed to connect to it anyway.

note: i'm not going to be organising a series in LFS. i doubt we'll get enough interest for a proper series but if someone else wants to try, i can provide the admin password for the server. also i can't guarantee i'll be around at the same time every week to configure server shit (though i can start/stop it remotely from my phone which is neat). the servers will stay up until they crash or i trip over the network cable, so if anyone's up for some pickup races post something like "the general stability of the FZR on corner exit" in the thread and if i'm free i'll hop on.

tl;dr: /ovglfs/ now

Wow you stole my webm

few ideas:

24/7 server
rfactor or ams if mp crack comes through
nordschleife 24h or targa florio (needs tweaking)

ams car selection is nice, eec gt3 is okay too

why do you fags have two threads up
fucking cancer

some idiots keep spamming the threads with screenshots and no context. Its just random GT and Forza screens
This is actually a pretty good idea too
You're a saint, lfsanon, I'll see of I can try it out later tonight

youtube.com/watch?v=9I0DQtYZgX0

I wish games had these today.

I've had my Vive for over a month now, and I play mostly Assetto Corsa - a bit of Dirt Rally when I have the energy for it (a ridiculously intense game in VR).
I've found that I've been judging cars more positively for more than just performance, things like visibility, seating position, and so forth now play a significant role. There's no point in being faster if you can't see around you and crash off the track!
For example the SCG has got two rear-facing cameras instead of mirrors that are incredibly convenient, and you're really far forwards and have a wonderful deep, wide view of the track.
The Lamborghini's on the other hand are the opposite, you're so far back and the windows are so small it feels like you're looking out of a letterbox. So while I used to play these a lot, I'm doing so less and less.
I also spend a lot more time in open-topped cars like the Lotus 2-11, and open-wheelers like the F1 cars.. being able to look all around you is so good. A little glance before you turn in, or when joining the track, and so on.
I've also turned off all mods / displays, preferring to just have the 'raw' experience. I kind of do miss lap times, tyre temps, and all that info, but if I put it on it doesn't feel right.. I'm sort of pulled out a little.
Also I'm racing a lot more online now.. I used to do a lot of 'track days' but now I'm all about the series races. Being able to judge the width of your car effortlessly is wonderful, and the sense of depth and closeness in racing is incredible, particular in open-wheelers. VR really adds a much greater sense of jeopardy, which makes the first corner particularly exciting, and a crash ahead that much more heart-stopping.
Has anyone else been experiencing this, and if so then in what ways? What does that say about the future of simracing in VR? Are we going to see more cars that are fun to "be in" rather than specifically race?

There's already been a market in sims for cars that are just fun to drive, the criteria for those kinds of cars are just going to change.

>has a vive
>hasn't played /ovglfs/
wew

I haven't tried DR but VR support in AC is now pretty decent. Some of the cars have weird default VR driving positions so some adjustments are needed. You begin to appreciate things like interior details (the URD cars have some really nice interiors) and as much as I like LFS, most of the interiors are pretty lacking.

As for the driving experience, you can't beat the immersion and being able to look towards the apexes and at other cars around you etc. But in a competitive race I'd rather have the HUD up. And in an endurance race I'd rather use an old-school monitor so you can reach for a drink or snacks on the straights and run to the bathroom during pit stops

>tfw my fanatec catheter hasn't turned up yet

Formula 3 is my go-to when I just want to relax or if I'm learning a new track. Its a perfect car for listening to podcasts or tv shows in the background. When I'm in the mood for something more engaging, then I usually opt for Formula v10.

We've done this in the past. It's more a matter of finding fun mods and tracks to go with them. We've almost exhausted compatible mods for rF1 so interest eventually lowers. /ovg/ is global too so whatever times we end up with would probably have to have a Euro split and Western Hemisphere split. The idea of changing mods and cars so often is theoretically a good idea but in practice it's not. Keeping the same mod is better for instilling confidence in drivers, setups, and ability to have fun, close racing.

If Kraid comes through with the cracks I have no issues setting up a Touring car server for Friday and a GT3 one for Saturday. We can run the same track for both each weekend, leaving it all to stock tracks. We can mix up the format based on demand. But we can stick to these two for the first 2 months or so. If people want skins maybe we can do a skin pack as well.

>trusting bitch nigga
>wanting to run anything automemesta
>neils physics

Better physics than *insert mod here*

Sounds good man. Keeping it simple to start out seems for the best.

see
The EEC GT3 physics are really odd but it might give good racing with how brain dead easy they are to drive.

>The EEC GT3 physics are really odd

Being honest the physics for ovgt3 season 1 were probably shit as well and we still had a ton of fun with it. If the cars "feel" okay there's no reason not to run it.

>probably
Von please, BES was pretty shit

We still had fun with it though

When you have 40 people on a server anything is fun

Yeah, good times

Just running the idea by, I'm thinking of doing 6 races between Friday and Saturday. Touring Car races will be 20 minutes, GT3 will be 30. 2 Touring car races and 1 GT3 race on Friday, reverse for Saturday. Just a idea. Still got time before the 1.0 release of AMS, if that ever happens.

See? You guys aren't that bad, really

BES physics were pretty okay as far as actually behaving like a car, just not particularly accurate as far as behaving like the car they were supposed to be. That's better than most mods though.

Is the 488 GT3 slow or am I just a shit driver?

2:21 on mediums in Spa, can only see myself getting towards high 2:20's

i did a 1:59 so you have to step it up

In Spa? lolk

yeah man

>stop defending your circlejerk den
stop finding irrational reasons to hate things

>I agree with the anti-VOIP user, it always turns people into pseudo-jocks
What the fuck is a pseudo-jock and how can you be so bothered by a poster on Veeky Forums you feel the need to compare them to a high school bully when they have literally done nothing to you.

Show me on the Stig where a mumblr rustled your jimmies.

Just go by playercount.

I should bother Gfin or ranek or whoever to put more touge tracks up on a server

>literally trying to pull a dindu
Hahaha holy shit fuck off Tomthy

b-but muh VOIP circlejerk

lets talk about racing games

Is there going to be a GT6 series some time soon?

Like how great the Legends and AE86 mods are?

legends rf2 fucking wheeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnn

>tfw 20 years from now racing sims will be produced by artificial intelligence and will have nearly every car we can all think of in amazing detail
>/ovg/ will still be a shithole

>this man is organizing your next series

Legends looks good. Never tried it.

Reminds me, I was thinking of reinstalling gtr2 to play some Power and Glory 3 again. I heard historx was good too but I never tried it. I wish at least one of them would be converted to modern sims, but I guess I'll just reinstall gtr2.

damn P&G 3 was such a fantastic mod. Especially the sheer variety is what I loved most about it. Cars like the Mini Cooper, C3 Corvette, DeTomaso Pantera, all of the Porsches (906,911,914), Shelby Daytona,...
They all were such a high quality
>multiclass historic racing series when?
>pickup races with these cars when?

Also, doesn't one of the people who worked on this mod now work at Kunos?

DO GTE'S ON SATURDAY INSTEAD

Hey guys I'm having a problem with Whiplash. Every time I go to start the game this error comes up. I followed the instructions on the wiki to a, t. but now that the dust has settled does anyone have any help they can offer me with this issue?

Hey guys I can't afford a gaming computer or a wheel so do you think this sim will do for now until I can save up the funds for a proper setup? Also what should I be looking at getting for such a setup that can run racing sims and modern first person shooters?

Nah man they will still be really well made rF1 mods. rF2 crashes the Development AI.

SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME

>>multiclass historic racing series when?
When anyone can even drive a Formula Vee.

You know probably the thing that fucks up the popularity of racing sims is that if two people are bad at FPS they are just on each other's level, if one person is bad at racing games it's usually really fucking obvious without any opponents whatsoever.

THE WORLD IS GONNA ROLL ME

haha ovg is so bad at driving cant even do formula vee's in a shitty $40 rfactor mod with reversed ffb!!!

Would you prefer Skip Barber Formula Dodge or do you have some retarded meme about that one too.

/ovjtcc/ when?

>COSMO OIL

rip ;_;

Does anyone else get weird graphical glitches when using DynHUD?

>it's a "new guy comes in and tries to run /ovg/" episode

Welcome, SJfari 3.0!

>forgetting SJ founded /ovg/

I assume you mean Assetto Corsa? The world record is 2:15 so you're full of shit.

How do you get that to not run like shit? I have a good pc and still my framerate drops all the time.

Not the same user but check the EE cyclerate option. The default presets set it to -1 but setting it to 0 gives you an huge FPS boost

Voip turns a small community solely focused on games into a meme spewing fag community of attention whores and circle jerkers
Never before mumble wwould a majority of a thread be nothing but shit Le dank ebin meems about mumble drama and entirely unrelated to any racing games
Voip is unavoidable cancer when used for anything other than purely serious gaming purposes, and it's pretty irrelevant for racing games anyway

Mumble has been around longer than you have
I'm not defending drama and shitposting but just sayin

Well I got GT4 to run alright, but now I can't get my G27 working. For some reason the usb plugin interprets a straight wheel as turning as far left as possible, but turning right the tiniest bit is interpreted as turning right as far as possible.

thank you based dave for pushing me to the finish line. significant progress has been made in aussie-kiwi relations. please accept this picture as a token of my appreciation.

No wukkaz, moite. I know how hard it is to find gas round here

Pic related couldn't be more appropriate for what you guys are doing. Ok, we get it, you tried to make the community tighter by VOIP, but, as all comunities, they are doom to fail for (see pic) reason.

Most of that pic is irrelevant to ovg

Saturday Nights Turn Left

Shit i meant is totally relevant

Saturday Nights Turn Left
race2play.com/schedule/show_event/21640

Is April Dillon a girl?