/ss13g/ - Spessmen on a Spess Station

Ethnic Cleansing the Grey Scum Edition

Last Thread: Last time with spessmen on a spess station:
>I'm still not being paid to read the thread
>High pop all hours of the day, is this good or bad?
>I'm just so god damn lonely.
>Taking GF applications. Requirements: pulse
>My friends never text first
>Even more shitposting!

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>How does Cryo work?
pastebin.com/raw/nnABFf3f

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server,
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/3pWsZWiT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLAHBexJxrE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for _______

Second for

FIRST F OR DEPRESSION I WANT TO FUCKING DIE

3rd for knowing when its code blue

xth to declare that chicago is as shitty as waifushit is

Hey me too buddy
I think about killing myself every day and have for the past 3 years

>tfw the only people who come into the chapel want you to shoot them out of the mass driver

I'd do something roleplay-ey involving religion if I didn't think I'd get ridiculed by everyone for it.

You won't be, just don't be lazy

I remember starting non-antag cults back in the day before I ever became an admin as chaplain
I honestly don't know why anyone joined, we never really did anything but pray and beg whatever Lovecraftian deity we had picked to worship for clothes and blessings on the vacant office where we made our temple.
We would almost always get murdered by sec who thought we were an actual cult

what does the "boo" spell do when you're dead?

Blinks nearby lights on and off, makes APCs look hacked for a second, sends a spooky message to anyone around

nigger don't step on my turf
Go for it, so far people either ignore me, pretend I'm not doing it and talk like they would to a greyshitter, or tailor their speech to play along (usual response).
If I wasn't typing up a website for class I would gladly take you as my altar boy and show you the glory of the chapel
No I don't mean sex

is it okay to use? i'm new and joined as an observer, don't want to fuck anything up

Yeah that's perfectly fine
Protip: If you have any questions at any time, press F1 or type "adminhelp" without the quotations, then type your questions. Admins will answer your question
Especially ask them if you're not sure if something is OK to do

there are so many shitters today, is that the regular Saturday crowd?

I'm pretty sure as long as you don't try any "one flash means yes, two means know" or Morse code shit with the lights to communicate with the living you're fine

just don't use it to DIRECTLY lead anyone to your bod and you'll be fine

it's generally considered okay to blink the lights around medbay and spook doctors to get them to look at the CMC for your body, don't do it if you didn't have your suit sensors on before you died though

fucking cunt ghosts with no suit sensors on

>two means know
Fuck

THERE'S TOO MANY PEOPLE

>forty two fucking people
>at 2 AM

This is blasphemy, this is supposed to be comfy 25-30 pop time, not 40-50 person 30 minute shitfest.

ss13 seems to have been making its rounds on reddit recently.

>there are sec teams that don't give weapons, armor, and a jetpack to the chaplain after its confirmed to be a cult round

SS13 made the front of r/games and Veeky Forums (by them called VG) was called out by name

BUNKER

TURN ON THE BUNKER

>highpop rounds
>slower than fucking deadpop rounds for some reason
Why are antags such cucks?

is there a critical mass for eternal september? That would be awful, but that could be dealt with by a hearty whitelist.

>cluster removed the panic bunker
>now we're all SOL

We would, but a certain group had it commented out.

>bunker

LE BUNKER IS LE BAD :^^^^))
OY VEY GOYIM WHY WWOULD YOU WANNA ISOLATE YA SELVES FROM THE RESTA THE COMMUNITY WE'LL STAAAGNAAAAAAATE GOY
WE DON'T NEED THAT SILLY OLD PANIC BUNKER YOU XENOPHOBE LET'S JUST GET RIDDA THAT NOW WHY DON'T WE

they're account age 0 players who turn every antag on before they even learn how to take off their backpack

THE CODERBUS DID THIS
FUCKING CLUSTER
WHY DO WE LET HIM DO THIS SHIT

Because Pomf is dead and Aurx is incompetent so he's by default the shitter acting captain

REMINDER THAT BYOND PAGER EXISTS
REMINDER THAT BYOND PAGER MAKES A REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING NOISE THAT YOU CAN'T TURN OFF

PAGE CLUSTERFACK WITH HATE MAIL UNTIL HE AGREES TO STEP THE FUCK DOWN AND GIVE US BACK OUR PANIC BUNKER

>open volume mixer
>mute byond
really made me think for a second there

I will continue to self merge my PRs and remove things I don't like without consulting anyone and there is NOTHING you can do about it, also I like Re:Zero.

What's this panic bunker everyone keeps mentioning? Haven't been around in years, starting hanging around in the thread again for greentexts and such around two weeks ago, but now this shitstorm has everyone clamoring for the bunker.

CLUSTER MERGE MY PR
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Everyone PANIC

We need a new, good headmin that understands the server, won't make self-serving changes, and will deliver harsh justice upon those who are killing it

Probe!

Someone who isn't dead

I remember this vividly. I was the one who thought cutting off my foot in the bar would be absolutely hilarious.

I forgot you lose your shoes after you lose a foot. Became spider food pretty much instantly.

Prooobe!
We need you!

>understands the server
Impossible, the server is constantly at odds with each other

I'll show you the glory of my chapel

>Mandalore gets perma'd
>Releases video in retaliation
>Bunker is removed
>Suddenly influx of shitters on the server
We've been played like a damn fiddle.

It's the same shit every time.
The pop will plunge again in less than 3 days and within the week we'll be back to normal with just a little higher pop.
We get a few more shitters and a few more regulars. All the shitters get weeded out except the couple ones that innately know how to toe the line.
It's happened every single fucking time before.
Calm your tits

Hi kolith

Can someone actually confirm the bunker is gone? I could swear it has been confirmed it was brought back and everyone is wrong.

We've had completely new people joining in for the past week
If it was "brought back," it's not working.
t.admin

hi

Nigga, starting up freelance cults or following them is my jam or even highjacking then reforming a religion behind the curtains whenever a chaplain just ain't up to the spiritual snuff, be it with a chaplain or not.

I want to fuck that subordinate.

haveyoutriedturningitonandoffagain.jpeg

>Set up a comfy little room next to the HoP line
>Play my piano for a solid hour or so
>Aliens invade
>Fashion a Buster Sword and get my skull shattered wipe open
>The Doctor who performs surgery took forever to fucking get me awake after that, lay half awake the rest of the round

Was fun

damn, fay's a cutie

What became of you, posibro? I never saw you again after I brought out your inner crab.

what a twist

>comfy round as janitor cyborg
feels good

You had a shitload of brain damage. All the alkysine that was made wasn't enough to cure it. I even went back into surgery because I thought you had a hematoma, but you didn't. Just an absurd concussion.

>Pajeet and the pirate crew betrayed by vampire bird after stealing the gooncode
played like a fiddle

>tfw climbing tables
>tfw not getting hunted by the entire crew because you dropped your emag for a second
>tfw combat that consists of more than tabling
>tfw not getting arrested for looking at sec
>tfw talking to people
>tfw rp
>tfw it's not Veeky Forums

To be fair, new people who actually read the wiki, and pick roles they can do aren't the problem.

Unfortunately, not a lot of people seem to be doing that.

The past couple rounds have been painfully slow though.

Not doing that is what stops me from rolling chappy. I'm afraid I wouldn't be zealous enough.

Go all out and I'll drink the kool aid

>Make a Pirate crew with Dunsel and Pajeet
>Be pretty succesful, bullied some birbs and got dank loot
>After looting all we could decide to head to CommSat
>Birbs are there and the crew opts to let bygones be bygones
>We lose a birb to gooncode shenanigans and shuttle gets called coz aliens
>Birb survivor reveals itself as a vamp at the last second and thralls Pajeet
>throws me out the fucking ship to rot

TRUST BIRBS NEVER AGAIN

nobody cares about your erp server

>>Birb survivor reveals itself as a vamp at the last second and thralls Pajeet
It wished for the stone mask, which is sort of silly but oh well.

GOING ALL OUT IS WHAT MAKES RELIGION FUN IN GAME

IT HELPS TO BE Christian and off meds

I'd figured the admins pulled a prank on us after we said to resurrect the birb by bringing it back as a horror. Guess I missed the mask in the confusion of the ordeal

Your music was great. I hope snacks and drinks were good compensation, aside from the company.

t. HoP

>be Warden
>my brig holds up against loads of greyshittery.
>Have to bury a Snek to fix my wrongings against the Snekmother.
>Station holds up against xenos.
>Brig is perfectly pristine.
>mfw I come out smelling like a rose.

>be Officer
>Beat the hell out of greyshits
>Empty some lasers into some xenos
>Almost space myself to cage an empress
>mfw I come out covered in blood and bone chips
Pleasure working with you.

Kolith, post your discord avatar.
I ant to see it without that circular frame.

Yes, it was brought back
But then it was removed again
t. someone with secret repo access who just checked

PUT IT BACK.

WHY
HOW DID THIS HAPPEN NO ONE EVER TALKS ABOUT THIS SHIT
WHY IS THE POP SO DAMN HIGH EVERYWHERE REEEEEEEE

Here is our chance. Out of all the people who visit some will like our server over others. They will stay and come to this thread , but what will they see and emulate. They could read stories of hilarious clowns and assistant robustness or waifu shitposting. This will decide the quality for the foreseeable future, end the attention whore scourge now.

this is bad and sad considering people with half a brain know not to trust an anonymous imageboard to depict the actually mentality of the community.

I just checked and last thread the only posts containing the word "waifu" were posts complaining about waifus

>Cultists failed with yred helping them

Tippity toppity kek.

There really is no lag holy shit.

I quit ss13 about a year ago but I still pop in to these threads once in a while for stories

Let me tell you something from an outsider's perspective

There's a call for shutting down the bunker hatch at least once every week but the playerbase doesn't change at all

You guys need to relax, the normies aren't coming

youtube.com/watch?v=nLAHBexJxrE

This is different.
tl;dr a guy who runs a youtube channel for mostly space based autism games showed off ss13 to a large group of people who would be more likely to look into it than a general let's player audience, so they piled in to check it out over the past few days.
There were a THOUSAND people playing today at one point though some servers were struggling and the number would fluctuate by a hundred or fifty. A fucking THOUSAND

Oi mate, we're a pro jeb community here.

Alright that's a bit worse but still, this is a pretty niche game

The casuals will filter out over time don't worry family

fuck you jeb we had double player average earlier today

WE'RE AT 30 PLAYERS RIGHT NOW IN LOWPOP
THAT'S TRIPLE THE USUAL

So why is having a new surge of players from an audience that likely gets light RP and tabletop autsim a bad thing? If anything it sounds like a player surge that's more likely to have good people that stay compared to a grey tide

So about how many players can this server actually handle?

They have not read the rules despite the video that sent them here telling them to, CONSTANT ICK OCK makes me want to tear my fucking eyes out.

Badmins are being to lenient on them, and I'm too lazy to logdive and pull up every new ckey so they can be shamed.

this desu

serbian's too insular

sikret club activities are fun until it's permanent lowpop

pls do

Probably about 80. Doubt the maps support that many, though.

>be a fun loving spaceman
>want to show the game to more people but you're aware of how niche and tight knit it is
>show people what it's about, even give general tutorial info about how the UI works and suit sensors
>tell them multiple times to have the wiki open in a tab while playing and read server rules
>they don't do it anyways

people are just retarded sometimes

Nigger 30 players is the bare minimum you need to fill out all the key roles

why are you fags so keen on keeping this server a ghost town

It's like those manuals that come with games, only absolute retards should have to read 'em right?

RIGHT?