So the 8 is coming back

With all the new modern designs it could have been worse I suppose

Holy shit it has pop ups.

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS IT. PLEASE TELL ME IT HAS POP UP HEADLIGHTS

Why does it look so sleepy

>some guy's Facebook link on it
Totally legit.

Looks like utter ass.

When will BMW start making good looking cars again? It's been like 15 years.

This looks amazing, if they made a manual V12 like the last 8 series it would be a beast

modern. manual.

kekitty kek

Looks like a melted 6 series. I suppose this will replace the 6 like last time?

>pop ups

That is concept art. As of now there are no images from BMW regarding the 8 series. They only said it's gonna come in 2020, and probably be available with V8, straight six, or hybrid.

They didn't say anything about pop ups.
I REALLY FUCKING HOPE THEY PUT POP UPS.

>implying the i8 isn't the new 8

Stay cucked faggits

They already have too many series

Fuck I am so glad Veeky Forums is on board with pop-ups at least. What is so great about them I can't put my finger on it

i8 is fuckin sweeet

Looks like ass. But i welcome a potential pop-up revival.

Popups are this wonderful form over function where it makes it really obvious when you have your lights going. Moving parts in general are just aesthetic as fuck.

It transforms the look of the car (for good or bad). It turns a usually mundane action into an event. Its another thing you can control and thats satisfying.

>could buy an old 8 series for £3k but lolrunningcosts

>8 Series Tribute
>Tribute

Dang it OP, the 8 sure is coming back!

EU auto regs will never allow popups.

BMW will find a way

>Hammond bought one and it broke.
>Clarkson bought an S class coupe that works, but terrible expensive parts.

fuck oath

>only 3k lbs + demon v12 running costs
fuck id buy it they cost like 50k in sheep land

You'd go broke fixing it constantly.

A few years ago the Greek gentleman who owns the local chip shop bought one, he didn't look after it at all, didn't even wash it. After a few months it wouldn't start parked in front of the chip shop and he just left it there because he is a cheap cunt. It was fucking tragic seeing it get covered shit over the years until he sold the business and it was towed away.

People this is just a fan/magazine rendering and BMW hasn't even released an official teaser or such.

let us dream

buy one with a v8

It shares the engine with the 5 and 7 series so you could find parts on ebay or some scrapper.

i8 looks like a ricer cpu case
>blue plastic =blue leds
.moar leds= moar l33t

it only has leds for the tail lights though

Absolutely beautiful. It's a shame they can't design cars like this anymore.

Did you seriously just state a storyboard for a family entertainment show as real life example?

TopGear is based on facts.

>pop ups

Why do you retards always think these shitty fanmade pictures are legit?

guess its a good thing its too expensive to buy in the first place here
there are rich people but so few that it's outlandish to even think about
I cant even be fully bitter about it because I cant even envision a life so comfy
>there are people in poor fag land who own enzo f40 and f1

Coz Veeky Forums is full of uneducated aboriginals.

Guys, it's just an art student rendering. He probably has no association with BMW.

>pop-ups
BMW should hire this guy and put him to work. He could be the hero who ends the scourge of "modern car design".

>pop ups

haha that will never happen. watch, just like the new Lincoln's gullwings, the pop ups will be removed for production

Not only that he got it wrong the 850 didn't brake the Merc did.

It was when it had motoring journalists in it not fat failed American actors with less personality and facial expression than a cardboard box.

I don't know who Giom but he doesn't understand modern pedestrian safety regulations, unless BMW are planning a very wide V (160 degree plus) you won't get it under that bonnet line with the required clearance, then there are the popups that's something that just isn't going to happen.

>Hurr Duur I don't like the optional highlights,
Then don't spec them. Simple.

>some huehue's shitty idea of what a new 8-series should look like is now confirmation

>tfw drove my uncles V12
>tfw could buy it but my entire family hate me these days

sigh.

Can BMW set a New trend and bring back the pop ups?

Pop ups will never come back because they probably violate a few dozen safety requirement.

They will remain a cool feature on some concepts, nothing else

they can't
many companies would try to bring them back without hesistation if they could because it's desirable as fuck, but with the current safety regulations it's simply not possible, not to mention it hardly works with the modern design

thats so hideous that Im not going to spell hedius correctly.

>I got hit by a 4500 pund car going 70 mph, but I'm gonna be okay because it doesn't have pop-ups

Please can we have them back?

>Pedestrians are only hit by 4,5k pounds cars at 70mph

This concept is over 10 years old

why exactly are they unsafe? Is it in case they hit a pedestrian?

also this

It's exaclty because of that