/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Was not invited to Gwynevere's birthday:
>DLC Trailers/Gameplay/Details
youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4EHyRm_Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=-nRve2XRUiA
polygon.com/2016/9/21/12999624/dark-souls-3-ashes-of-ariandel-dlc-preview-hands-on-everything-we-know

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lOd1g4CrVOQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does humanity let you keep your mind, or is it souls?

I'm confused. Humanity makes you human, and "human" characters have it. But Dark Souls 2 said souls ail the mind.

So what is it?

If I have Lorian's Sword at +5, then fuse it with a base upgrade Lothric's, does the 2p come out at +5, +0, or something in between?

+0.

Sup my negros
can someone either transfer between my characters or just give me untrue dark ring ?
PS4

Souls keeping you sane has been a thing since DeS, it's why you buy items with them.

I don't even think Dark Souls 2 is considered canonical at this stage.

I remember the first time someone posted this meme
It wasn't very funny then either

Because the body and soul were separate but integral, in DeS. You could fade away or go mad and become a BP, but you didn't hollow.

But in Dark Souls, humanity is a fundamental aspect of the soul/physical existence.

Fuck. Rip titanite slab

Reposting because ded thread

K so how the fuck do I kill someone in god mode that uses the petrify effect and can hit me through infinite i frames? I invade their world and they insta kill me so I turn on infinite iframes and they can still hit me. How do you even petrify and how can he hit through infinite i frames?

Meme or not you can't deny the fact that there are hardly any references to DaS2 in DaS3.

It's as if FROM themselves would rather just brush it under the rug.

Do you think Gwyn and NK ever spit roasted Gwyndolin?

You really need some new material

I've never posted here before but it's good to know that other people share my opinion.

>Dark Souls 3
>shortest game in the series
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>On-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>no dynamic lighting system when even basic indie games have them
>rehashed areas
>rehashed NPCs
>rehashed animations
>fails to innovate
>invasions sucks
>Heavy armor sucks
>armor sets don't even fit properly
>brown and grey
>shit AI
>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>existence of Carthus Rouge
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>no tech
>No animation canceling
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>pyromancy is the quality of casters
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB

>the DLC won't save it

No, you just happen to have such a shit opinion that it coincidentally matches a literal meme.

The only people defending Dark Souls 3 are so emotionally invested into it, they can't bear the thought of an A-Team purchase sucking, even though Dark Souls 1 had fingerprints of failure all over it.

Think he was agreeing with you, user

It's not an opinion m8.

DaS2 was the worst received game in the series.

Keep defending your shit game.

Only by this cancerous community. Dark Souls 3 is straight-up inferior.

It's like a corpse wearing the skin of bloodborne' awful engine, with even bigger flaws than 2.

There are clear references to 2 in 3, which I don't like as I'd rather they just retcon that shitshow into oblivion than bring up references to DaS2 characters and including vague mentions of "going beyond death" and Drang being known for "linking the fire".

So I've never actually played a Souls game before but I heard that the weapons are more or less balanced and 'mastering' them is more important. Is this true? What does weapon choice really have to do with the game then?

lol
Very good joke, please tell it again

No m8.

By the Souls community at large. Dark Souls 3 has its flaws but it's nowhere near as bad as Dark Souls 2.

Notice how they kept them sparse and vague rather than obvious like the DaS1 references?

They know that they fucked up with DaS2.

>I heard that the weapons are more or less balanced

That's a joke.

>What does weapon choice really have to do with the game then?

Some weapon classes entirely outclass other classes, especially in 3 where it is almost impossible to beat a good halberd user if you're using anything slower then a basic straight sword. Some weapons in certain classes are also just plain better then everything else in their class, like the Warped Sword in 2 and the Carthus Curved Sword in 3 for curved swords.

It's not so much the weapons that you need to master, it's concepts like dodge rolling, spacing, parrying and riposting, etc...

Some weapons are better than others but you can wreck people with any weapon as long as you have a good understanding of Dark Souls' fundemental mechanics.

>you can wreck people with any weapon
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

No. In fact, some weapons downright suck and are "just a prank"-tier weapons.

Like whips in Dark souls 1, and broken sword hilts.

Or actually exist just to cause grief (scraping spear, baby's nail, dark hand).

In Dark Souls 3, the awful poise system means that R1 spammable weapons(Straightswords), dominate over other weapons.

Or because Miyazaki directed both games and felt okay with directly referencing shit that he created.

You fucking retard.

Well that's what the official material of the game seemed to promote. I'm disappointed, but not surprised.

PREPARE TO DIE

guys ?

Nobody plays on PS4

When it comes to PvE, almost anything can work. But in PvP, it takes a lot more work. If you want to see how "viable" something is, you should look up a showcase to make sure it's moveset/AR is actually decent.

Or...just use whatever you like, and damn the consequences

>replaying DaS
>get stuck on O&S
every fucking time, these guys are the one niggas that I can't beat with relative ease
I hate summoning but I don't feel like I have a choice with them

Well YOU can't because you suck, but a decent player can.

Then what are the difference between weapons? The actual motions of the weapon, combos, damage, speed?

You can wreck retards with any weapon
You cannot wreck someone at your skill level with any weapon unless they're using something even dumber than you

Funny how Miyazaki took over from Tanimura after he completely fucked up with DaS2...

I'm surprised they didn't just fire him for making that piece of shit.

stream yourself wrecking pontiff shitters with Great Wooden Hammer

The most important differences between weapons, are base damage, scaling, movesets, weapon class, and reach.

For instance, you may like the Demon Spear because it has the longest each in the game.

Or, you may want to use the Silver Knight Spear because it has a more versatile moveset than just poking in front of you.

Maybe a weapon kind of sucks(Warpick), but when paired with something like the Leo Ring, it becomes formidable.

Or you're running a build that requires so and so amount of stats, limiting what you can use.

No shit Sherlock, what do you think "different" even means, the paint job?

From what I understand, Tanimura actually saved DaS2 from being even worse garbage. He obviously didn't do that great of a job, but what we would have gotten without him would have been even worse.

Debating whether or not I'd prefer that, because then there'd probably be no retarded divide in the fanbase over DaS2's quality since it'd be so shit.

You gotta use those pillars.

>then there'd probably be no retarded divide in the fanbase over DaS2's quality since it'd be so shit
You say that, but DS3 turned out to be complete garbage yet people still defend it.

Will you ever give up? This is starting to reach Homuhater levels of devotion to your duty.

There are already videos of this. Don't you know how to Google?

youtube.com/watch?v=lOd1g4CrVOQ

inb4 b-bb-but those players are shit that won't work against MLG pros like me

He's right, though

fuck i love the drakeblood greatsword but it sucks so much

>You say that, but DS3 turned out to be complete garbage yet people still defend it.

It's not complete garbage. It's flawed in many ways and will never live up to DeS and DaS1 but to call it complete garbage is unfair.

It's got a lot going for it.

>From what I understand, Tanimura actually saved DaS2 from being even worse garbage.

Really? Where did you hear that? That sounds like a convenient excuse. He's the director, he can't just blame his team for fucking it up, he was in charge.

what the FUCK am i listening to

>he

Nice try samefag.

Do hybrid builds exist in Bloodborne?

I want to make a Paladin.

>they changed the sexy R2s from 2s version including the follow-up 2HR2 poke that would've been great in 3 with rolling R2s
>they made it another basic quality weapon instead of S-Dex scaling

Hate this shit. At least it has good 2HR1 HA and damage when buffed with resin but god if it isn't a shadow of what it once was.

PS4 has the biggest ds3 playerbase tho

Tanimura wasn't the original director. Maybe try googling a bit before posting?

I want you to do it

yeah

Yeah sure man just give a few hours to collect sufficient footage, edit it and upload it to YouTube just to satisfy you.

I've proven that it's doable so stop crying that your weaponfu is shit when the problem is you.

it does pretty good damage with dmb but without buff is kinda shit

STREAM you dumb shit, not recording and editing hours of video

if you're gonna talk shit you must back it up

Am I the only person who finds these guys horrifying to fight? I guess I have poor depth perception, because I have difficulty figuring out how long their attacks are.

It's the arena for me. For some reason I find it terrifying, even though the boss itself isn't so hard for me.

I already have backed it up. There are multiple videos on YouTube of people winning duels using the weapon you named.

If that's not enough to convince you then nothing will.

>there's still no Fug with FUGS or Fug as a FUGS joke image yet
why

>2 people who just walk into hyperarmor mashing R1
>1 person with a crippling parry addiction
>1 person whose idea of a good time is trying to combo thin air
What a surprise, they ARE shit. Big deal, he did duels for an afternoon, cut out all the ones where he got dumpstered by anyone who wasn't asleep at the wheel, and ended up with a whopping 4 clips where he nearly died anyways.
How is this even an argument? If you use a shit weapon and still win, either you're good or your opponent is terrible. You could smack someone to death with a chime if they were stupid enough but that wouldn't make chime melee a good idea. Look, I can cherry-pick footage too! I've killed someone with this weapon before so it must be god tier!

They're pretty horrifying on NG+ because of how much more health have that's for sure

You're retarded. I never said it was a god tier weapon. I said it was possible to win with it if you're a good player.

of course there is but I want you to do it. because I have a feeling that you're absolutely horrible at this game. your type is often the most vocal in these threads.

FUCK QUALITY BUILDS AND FUCK MEMEHACKI PANDERING TO THESE FUCKERS

If what it takes to "wreck people" is rolling the dice 100 times until you summon the one idiot brain-dead enough to lose to your meme weapon of choice, you're not wrecking anyone, you're just wanking yourself off for not being as completely incompetent as some random scrub.

STOP MAKING SENSE

What does that have to do with anything?

That's just puerile ad hominem from someone who lost an argument.

Even if I'm the worst player in the world it doesn't disprove the validity of my statements.

You're the kind of player that complains about everything.

>omg phantom range
>omg katanas so cheap
>omg CCS fucking meme weapons
>omg straightswords OP
>omg nerf pyromancies pls

Maybe, just maybe, you're shit at the game and should practice more instead of complaining about weapon imbalances?

This was what the devs intended, but they obviously failed hard.
Dark Souls 2 has the best balance in the franchise, but it's still really fucking horrendous.

but this isn't even an argument, I know I'm right and I'm pulling your skill into question instead. good weapons will beat good weapons if the players are evenly matched. you really want to argue against this? if you meant beating bad players if you're a lot better then we agree

now back to this post play along with my curiosity, I want to know if you're good or shit

You're the kind of player that complains about everything.

>omg phantom range
>omg katanas so cheap
>omg warped sword fucking meme weapons
>omg straightswords OP
>omg nerf pyromancies pls

Maybe, just maybe, you're shit at the game and should practice more instead of complaining about weapon imbalances?

>good weapons will beat good weapons if the players are evenly matched

Players are never evenly matched.

There are discrepancies when it comes to stats, armor, rings, latency, etc...

There are a number of variables. If you keep blaming your loses on your weapon you'll never improve.

Keep crying about it though. I'm sure you're a real MLG pro but the only thing holding you back is your weapon :^)

>Trying to Fashion Souls in 3
>For SL30 invader with 12 Vit
My life is suffering

I wonder why from didn't implement something like, using a weapon mmastery system where the more you use a weapon the more adept you are at using them thereby increasing it's swing speed, damage output, and decreasing stamina consumption

This thread and current discussion are another example of why fight clubs in Souls games are cancer. The western fanbase has this unhealthy obsession with treating these games like they're something they're not and it breeds toxic behavior.

Ok you're joking

But jokes on you I always blame my minmaxed armor when I lose

You mean duels right?

So people take video games way too seriously. This is nothing new.

Of course.

Remember that if you lose to anyone ever, it's because they're using meme weapons or lagging.

It's simply inconceivable that you lost because you were outplayed.

god ocerios is such a shit boss holy shit fuck you A-team

What I really don't understand is that people bitch about supposedly OP weapons like CCS yet they make the conscious decision to use "worse" weapons instead.

Yes, I'm a good cuck

>muh superior nippon
I don't even like fight clubs but you people are retarded. You literally hate 1v1s because of duelfags in DeS, and that's basically where it started. People can play how they want, it doesn't change the fact that the PvP should at least attempt to be balanced around 1 invader vs 1 host, and not contain ridiculously OP weapons like the CCS.

DeS remake

I can't comprehend how much of a blind fanboy you are if you not only convinced yourself that dark souls balance is good, but also shit on smeone for telling a newfag that it's bad.

>the fact that the PvP should at least attempt to be balanced around 1 invader vs 1 host, and not contain ridiculously OP weapons like the CCS.
>fact

That's not a fact, that's your opinion.

Souls games aren't meant to be esports. I like all the crazy often unbalanced shit that occurs during invasions. Why don't you go play Overwatch or Starcraft instead kiddo.

I didn't post that btw. Someone copied and pasted my previous post.

Dark Souls balance is fine for what it is. You can play the game in a variety of ways and have fun.

There are things that piss me off but they're more to do with core mechanics like estus healing and infinite summons rather than specific weapons.

If you really think that a certain weapon is great then just use it yourself. There's literally nothing stopping you especially since most people roll with quality builds these days anyway. You probably won't even have to reallocate your attributes.

>explain basic game design
>you sperg out because you're either a micropenis jap or a raging weeb
Predictable as fuck nigga. I also like how you didn't even try to address the rest of the post, you just single out one word and complain and beat on your strawman. Souls combat is made to be 1v1, even in PvE. The later games get away from this a bit, but even when it's 2v1 or 3v1 or whateverv1 the swarming enemies are typically very weak. Unless you want invaders to be deliberately OP and for the assumption to be that they will always face a gank, it's best to balance around a 1v1 scenario and let the invader's skill determine their performance against multiple opponents. To this end, weapons should also not have retardedly top-tier top-class things like the CCS, or what the FUGS was pre-nerf, since it detracts from the player's skill and makes the game more about gear. Wanting an ostensibly skill-based game to also have skill-based multiplayer isn't being an esports shitter, it's wanting consistency.

stop being such a salty bitch, nigga. No one gives fuck about the CCS being "OP" adapt, faggot, or play something else, like a fighting game if you're so fucking competitve

Oh, so you're just too fucking stupid to have a conversation. Good to know you can't refute any of my points because they're FACTUALLY correct :^).

>Souls combat is made to be 1v1, even in PvE
Where are you getting this from?

There are plenty of 1vX situations in PvE as well as PvP which is basically nothing but ganks and team fights when it comes to invasions.

1v1 honoraburu duels are something artificially created by players with their own set of rules and etiquette. I don't have anything against that but that's not how the game was designed to be played.

Basically your entire argument is that FROM should balance PvP around duels and fight clubs which is just nonsense.

>Wanting an ostensibly skill-based game to also have skill-based multiplayer isn't being an esports shitter, it's wanting consistency.

The multiplayer is skill based. Otherwise the person with the best gear and weapon would win every single time. I've already demonstrated that this isn't the case.

Skill is far more important than what weapon you're using in Souls PvP and that's what I love about it.

This is another user btw. I'm happy to have a conversation, you're the one resorting to ad homs here.

>Good to know you can't refute any of my points because they're FACTUALLY correct :^).
i'm glad that makes you feel more secure since you clearly have no self esteem. Meanwhile, I'm going to continue play ds1 because i'm going to tackle the DLC in ng+ for the first time. Have fun losing to the CCS in your duel faggotry, tryhard