Help

Retainer screws are stripped and rust welded i only have a screwdriver and a hammer what do

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pMuHKDI00rw
youtu.be/jnF9_LotHCU?t=11m13s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hammer that screwdriver right into your asshole, because you're fucked.

Thanks annon solid advice

drill it out, tap/thread the resulting hole

you could try welding a nut onto it, but I would think it's too risky with a screw like that, and it sounds like you don't have a welder

Impact driver moron

all keks

also
>thinking you need those screws

its a honda isn't it

That screw doesn't look totally fucked yet. Borrow, buy or steal an impact driver set like pic related might do the trick. Or, just drill the head off the screw. You don't need those silly screws anyway.

They only keep the rotor from flopping around while you're working on the brakes, and by then they're rusted to the hub anyway.

Get some of these. They sell them at Lowe's. I have had very good luck using them for things like this.

Alternatively you can just drill the head off to remove the rotor and not bother putting a new screw in. They are unnecessary.

You can get these types of impact drivers from tractor supply for like $5.

All you got to do is get in the car and drive there and....oh......shit.

Holy fuck you are retarded.

The screw hardly looks stripped, and even so, one could easily just use an extractor on it first.

My initial recommendation would be to spray some liquid wrench on it, hammer the screwdriver into the head and see if you can muscle it out first. A larger head screw driver would be handy. If the head is too mangled for any screw driver, resort to the extractor, but don't fuck up and break it. Go slow, and use break-free lubricant. Sometimes you need to screw it out a little, then retighten, and screw it out some more (a back and forth motion) to get it to come out smoothly.

>welding a nut onto a screw while changing brake rotors

Veeky Forums at work

It is a gookbox

I don't have the money for one im asking my buddy if he has one

if it's stupid but it works..

Weld a screwdriver onto it

Go find a drill.

Weld the brake pads to the rotor, that way you're braking efficiency goes way the fuck up.

Weld the hammer to the rotor. Then weld the screwdriver to the hammer, then the wheel to the screwdriver. Boom, problem solved.

you'll need to loosen the bleeder valve or the caliper piston will lock up

ABS brah. ABS.

Just drill the head off the fucking screw you dumbass, you don't even need it, the fucking wheel stops the rotor from falling off, not some shitty little Phillips head screw.

just drill it out, drill in the center and eventually the top of the screw will let go so you can get the rotor out

do it at work all the time, i wouldnt even bother tapping the hole/removing the stub of the screw. we never do at work, just fucking Mazda, VW, and Honda really use them. just make sure on the new rotor you line up the stub of the screw with the hole of the new rotor so you dont get one hell of a pulse

Just drill out the hub from the new brake disc and then cut of the old disc that's still on the car, then weld the new disk to the old hub. Bingo

Yeah, just weld the drill bit to the screw, then weld the drill to the drill bit, then weld the power cord to your breaker box.

drill out the screws then use this trick:

youtube.com/watch?v=pMuHKDI00rw

Hammer the screw driver into the bolt. I mean really wack that shit in there.

Get some rust-loosening oil, not wd40 but something better
Spray that fucker
Spray it again
Wait 10 minutes
Spray it again
Wipe it down
Try again, maybe with a bigger screwdriver
Push in with all your might while trying to loosen it.
If you can get it to grip, but cannot turn it, then use a polygrip thong for extra leverage

If this doesn't work you have to drill it out

But seriously, rustloosing oil of good quality in big amounts and give it 30 minutes to work

>Heat it up, using a blowtorch.
>when it's hot, cool it down very rapidly with cold water
>???
>profit

you silly fuck

wrap a chain around a boulder, and the other end around the rotor, then push the boulder off a cliff.

hammer and chissel method
youtu.be/jnF9_LotHCU?t=11m13s
>go to 11:13

impact driver like pic related (htey are super cheap and everyone needs one for car repair)

hammer and chisel or punch the impact is what you really need

superglue a screwdriver on the screw
then drive the car off a cliff

buy kroil, apply to screw, let sit a day, unscrew screw

Sell the car on CL. $500, need brake work, ran when parked, you know what you got.

That's how you need wheel bearings 5000 miles later

Just drill it out

I think the only thing I ever ever used my impact driver for in the 3 years I was a tech was taking these screws out of rotors.

Also try grinding paste on the bit, it will help stop it slipping.

Spray with liquid wrench or some other rust killing penetration oil. Hammer rotor. Spray again. Hammer rotor. Get a can of compressed air. Hold upside down and spray screw. Freeze the screw if Gotham and make it shrink. Spray with penetrating oil. Remove screw.

Impact driver, pic related.

Unless you fucked up the screw already, then weld a bolt to it and carefully remove. EZ out isn't gonna help you.

>.
I've literally done this every time. Just dip the drill bit in oil often so it doesn't toast the bit. Works.

you living proof of that?

wrap a chain around a boulder, and the other end around yourself, then push the boulder off a cliff

You could try done pb blaster over night. You could also get a small grinder and grind a slot into the screw and use a big flat head screwdriver. That would be my last resort though because the screw will be ruined.