What are your go-to radio stations (AM or FM) while driving?

What are your go-to radio stations (AM or FM) while driving?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YMAPKTnJtnA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

who needs a radio when i can just listen to the engine sing?

it sounds amazing

my car radio has no antenna and i just want to find a 2 din box with aux input. Radio sucks ass in my country anyways.

>2016
>Still using the Radio

Well, I usually listen to the news whenever it's on.

>drive 90s pick up with stock radio
>cassette deck is jammed
It's either find a station or use an FM transmitter for me.

> 105.9 Power106
>93.5 KDAY
>100.3 The Sound
>95.5 KLOS

in a dire situation I would go to 102.7 KIIS FM or 106.7 KROQ

BBC radio 1

>XL102
>96.5 THE PLANET
>POWER 92.1
>106.5 THE JAM
shit, it's been so long since I've listened to the radio I forgot the other channels I have on it

XM radio. The heat

AUX

if none availaibe, then silence

Fellow LAfag. Radio is ass here. I pretty much only listen to The Sound unless it's early enough for Kevin and Bean to be on KROQ.

If I expect to be in the car for more than 10-15 minutes, I just plug in my Zune.

>2016
>listening to the constant ads that are the radio now
Pleb

if any of my friends are on this shithole board you'll probably be able to identify me by this

I gave up on listening to music. Plus the radios in the trucks are all so shitty, especially since the nigs crank 99.1 as loud as they fucking can and destroy the speakers

>half asleep at 5:30am
>go outside and start truck
>rap station which is now gospel music is cranked to 100
Fucking warehouse dudes

105.7 WROR
98.5 The sports hub

and whatever i get off youtube thats on a usb

99.9 The Hawk, classic hits without the hard rock.
Definition of dad rock, grew up listening to it and now I'm into it because of him.

install a cheap headunit?

Replace it with an oem head unit.

89.3 the current
91.1 NPR
92.5 KQRS

When I can pick it up. There's another station somewhere to the East that interferes with it. I wish somebody would bomb that motherfucker.

CD or AUX

101.1 the fox(dad rock)
102.5 jack fm(mix of alternative, dad rock, and other random stuff)
94.9 KCMO(oldies and classic hits)
96.5 the buzz(alternative rock)
90.9 the bridge( hipster indie stuff)
100.3 the rock(old and new rock)

why 2 din?

100.3 WBIG
105.9 WMAL

104.1 the hawk, where my central valley boys at?

or i just plug my phone into the aux and listen to songs.

KNBR 680 The Sports Leader

THE WHALE, WAAL BINGHAMTON

YOUR ONLY CLASSIC ROCK

NINETY NINE POINT ONE (guitar riff) THE WHALE

It's on presets 1, 2, 3, and 5. Button 4 doesn't work.

No one else rides in my car.

Bob & Tom best radio show NA

eh i plug In my moto z most of the time

but when I dont have my phone on me i just listen to the radio

when I got the car there was a legit copy of Dr. Dre's 2001 in the cd player.....took it out because I thought I was gonna sell the car and get an ls430 but then I realized that the g35 coupe handles too well to just let go

Rush Limbaugh

moms spaghetti xm

Local community radio station that is less shit than every commercial station being broadcast

99.9 KISW
or
88.5 KPLU

I'm boring and mostly listen to talk shows. I can't do NPR on my way to work though, makes me too sleepy.

>not exclusively listening to WBGO 88.3 for the best jazz programming in the US

Satellite radio sounds disgusting.

30 million subscribers disagree with you

I agree

When most of those subscribers are new car owners who dont even pay or retail stores its irrelevant.

It does sound like shit, it they try to get CD quality sound out of 64kbps

I listen to my chillstep station on Pandora about 98% of the time. My 90's alternative and Blink 182 stations make up the other 2%

>Not having a national broadcaster with no ads.

Good goy.

98.3 The Max or 101.9 The Giant

Used to be the rock 106.9 wcc
But then they went out of buissness or something and changed it into a Christian music station. Feels bad as hell

91.1 KLSU
LSU's radio station. They play all kinds of things. On certain days at midnight they have a program called "The Kitchen Sink" where they play stuff this just sounds, it's not exactly music. It's weird and I like it.

Do other college radio stations do this?

Unless they've improved dramatically in the last couple of years, it does sound like shit.

I almost never listen to FM but if I do it's usually 97.9 KUPD. We used to have a rock station at 93.3 but I think they went alternative a few years back.

>most of those subscribers are new car owners who dont even pay

[citation needed]

The radio station I normally listen to changed brands like 2 weeks ago and now they play shitty music. Now I'm stuck listening to that or another station that plays just enough music so it doesn't qualify as talk radio.

104.5 Bob FM, 97.5 KLT, or 107.5 WCCW if I'm actually gonna listen to the radio. But usually I put on Etsuko.

>it does sound like shit

Most digital radio does. FM and wideband AM ftw. CQUAM is good.

youtube.com/watch?v=YMAPKTnJtnA

>radio

>muh flac audio files played through a 99 cent aux cord paired with a Pyle HU and factory 25 year old speakers

>muh literal radio frequency tier audio

nig plz

>another Kansas fag
nice

Usually the local country station.
But on my morning commutes i like cbc radio1

I used to listen to 100.5 the katt but its gone down hill in recent years.

USB dont bother with radio and the annoying bullshit between todays shitty music

AM Chevy 350

>expecting to know of any good, new and even good, new local music if you don't listen to the radio
>ishyggidiggy

tfw 4 Favorited stations and they all on commercials

I've noticed ur retarded meme, please kill yourself

AM 1010 Wins
FM 106.7, but particularly on the weekends

otherwise I don't generally turn the radio on when driving. Maybe its just me but I find it distracting. I cant pay proper attention to my surroundings if im busy paying attention to whats being said on the radio

90.9 krcl
100.7 all 80's

I listen to a talk radio show in the mornings, iirc the station is 650

Either NPR or iPod.fm

NPR or aux

I keep some CDs with playlists I like in the center console. Typically I don't use the radio. Don't feel like digging for stations when I know what I like.

> Radio
I only use it if the stereo's shat itself and refused to read the USB stick or the aux input. It's done that once in nearly two years.
The only other time I used the radio was picking the car up, and bricked my MP3 player trying to make it talk to the bluetooth.

My previous car had aux input into an aftermarket stereo/amp.

The one I drove before that had a tape adapter.

There are no good FM radio stations if you don't like 'urban' music, pop, dance, or hipster shit.
If I have, HAVE to use the radio, I put Radio 2 on, because it doesn't inspire me to drive into a lamppost to make the noises stop.

Classical from NPR can be comfy.

Usually just listen to what's on the thumb drive at the moment.

>2016
>radio
>aux
>usb
>not using bluetooth that automatically & wirelessly starts your music/podcast where you left off when you last turned the car off

SiriusXM Insight

There's a fairly local station called MDR Figaro that plays neat jazz, folk and classical half the time, but in return you have to bear with horseshit leftard discussions and book readings the other half of the time. The other stations all play various eras of chart garbage.

This.
Engine music is enough for trips

There is a good indie/alt-rock station, and a classic rock station that I mostly listen to. The university has a station that is really hit-and-miss: sometimes they'll be playing really good segments (old-school hip-hop, etc.), but half the time it's utter bullshit like foreign-language talk radio for some goddamn reason
The other classic rock station I liked got turned into a faggy popshit station, as if there aren't like 10 of those already

Armstrong and Getty, it's a talk show out of Sacramento, CA

OHIO'S BEST ROCK

Rock 101 for the Morning Buzz and Aux after that

100.3 Jack FM
>"Playing what we want!" 90% of the time they wanna play 80s music

Los Angeles here.
89.3 - NPR
If I'm driving back late at night and feel like music rather than BBC, then
All classic rock stations, or 98.7 or 106.7 for alternative

I have a playlist on my phone but I have a few CDs just in case. Metallica's Black Album, a few Phish albums, and an AC/DC live album. It really depends on where I'm going and whether I feel like plugging in my phone or not

>captcha: pictures of candy
>MFW I drive a van

The USB port does exactly that. Even if I remove the USB stick and change the music around, as long as the same file is in the same place, it'll resume.
And it doesn't drain my phone battery.

88.7 houston npr

kplu is changing it's name soon, they got sold or something

the rock stations out of seattle make me want to ramp over the median barrier into oncoming traffic

Hello fellow Hoosier!

Get over yourself.