/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

fuck this place edition

>Official news
One Tamriel/Update12:
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/08/23/gamescom-2016-recap-update-12-and-one-tamriel
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/09/15/update-12-guide-return-to-craglorn

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @clv or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

Other urls found in this thread:

eso.mmo-fashion.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>ded at 200 posts
cmon now

To be fair, something on Veeky Forums got fucked up, at one point it wasn't in either the catalogue or archives so I just assumed a mod deleted it by mistake.

Wouldn't be surprised if mods still have a hateboner for ESO.

When did they have a hate boner?

Not-a-Tamriel-Hero detected

During the early days when they refused to moderate it. Was just a place for other MMO's to shill their games so the general died and everyone moved to reddit.

Not that, I meant pvp is aids

oh come the fuck on

might as well not log on this week

I got around 90 days of subscription and 3000 crowns saved up with nothing to actually buy. Ugh, the life of someone who isn't paying 5000 crowns to craft.

Well, time to log in and play until I have to sleep. Goodbye.

Fuck me. Just why. Why not have it during the day OT gets released since they'll take it down during OT anyway.

>tfw maintenance happening when I'm at work

What will be the easiest way to grind 1-50 once One Tamriel gets released? Thinking about making alts.

aoe mob grind like it is now, just the top 2 places to do it are being nerfed by 30% but with every public dungeon and delve being scaled I'm sure people will find somewhere else that gives 1m+ xp/h

I figured as much. I suppose the best way to level up will be to just get training gear and go around doing all the public dungeons one after another since you'll also get xp for it.

> since you'll also get xp for it.
Obviously meant skillpoints and skyshards.

Yeah thats alway good, I did the story and zones up until it got to point where the mobs were so high they dodged like 90% of my moves which is going away with OT so I'd say do all main story and main faction quests that give skillpoints til you've done that shit then fighter/mage plus some delves and public dung for shard/points, finish off with mob grind. Like that what they dont tell you when told to aoe grind to 50 is you've got fuck all skillpoints and if you've maxed a skill and/or skill line your just wasting time not leveling other skills you need while grinding.

And that if goes smoothly expect unexpected on thrusday and a hotfix on friday

have you ever stared into the abyss, user?

Madman status: Absolute

Why don't more people play with 5 Durok's Bane abd 5 Fasalla's Guile? It's a hard counter to any tank or magplar since you shut down their heaing.

why so ded suddenly

we are ded most of the time

not being ded is abnormal

I find people take a break before the update because you burn yourself out and want to come into the patch fresh

Yea I can see that. I should actual take a short break so I don't feel burned out since I'll have the whole Craglorn quest to have a go at once One Tamriel is out.

can I medieval Veeky Forums in this game? Skyrim's options sucked.

Yea there's a lot of styles if you want to be medieval Veeky Forums

Have a look by yourself here
eso.mmo-fashion.com

>didn't get my crowns after signing up for ESO+

>that day support put 2000 on my account for the inconvenience

Did not expect this from zenimax. The game must be dying.

It's always dying :^)

kek, if their support giving a fuck is an indication of the game dying it's currently twice the size of WoW since a lot of people having trouble have been given the reply that they won't help you and terminated your ticket.

Which are the 2 best spots? Rkindalef? And?

old orc

>Only top 2% at the end of campaign are eligible for master weapons
>Faction has only a bit over 1k participants

>Finally finished DB and got Tam Hero on main
>Want to finally make an alt
>Feel like I should wait for One Tamriel
>Nothing to do in ESO for 2 weeks

So if I wan't to lower my queue times and heal I have to roll a non-Sorc and go through the entire fucking levelling process again? With finding all the Lore books and crystals and levelling the guilds thats annoying as all shit.

Or do zone

I'm not sure they do that anymore.

How does that let me heal without being shit?
Why does this game not have at least one viable spec for each role for each class

user you being shit is your own problem especially if you think sorc can't be viable. Your entire whine is that you can't tolerate a long que

I got told Heal Sorc wasn't viable at all last time I was here

Did you ask or give context or did you just accept it?

Everyone told me that without the templar skill tree it wouldn't work

bump

wtf? they have to, why else would anyone bother to step into cyrodiil otherwise?

>playing a magicka Templar with 5 light and 2 heavy
>get one shotted

WHY AM I SO SQUISHY
I've been getting practically one shotted

p-please
I just want to do some PvP as a templar ;_;

HELP ME UNSQUISH MYSELF

How to deal with stunlocking as a magplar in PvP?
It'd be great if mages could use magic to sprint around like a levitating animation or something

try 5 heavy with black rose or something
for added cancer throw on malubeth

reactive x black rose next patch :^)

you probably getting ambushed by vel/viper/red scrublades

>literally just read this and looked it up
How high up the leaderboard do I need to go? I'm 33 in Azura's Star EP at the moment

No Light Cloth allowed in PvP then?

Light armour PvP is practically dead at this point. Even Mag Templars struggle these days.

>2%
it's right there, don't know about EP, but for AD it's top 20
also tell your stupid buddies to stop siegeing us and put the pressure on DC so those fucks don't dominate the campaign again

>It'd be great if mages could use magic to sprint around

CC breaking, dodging and sprinting just shouldn't have been tied to stamina period. It should have been a third stat so that mag and stam users had a level footing. The issue with the whole stam/mag divide is stam, as a stat, does a fuck ton more than mag which makes it stupidly hard to balance.

Not that its not allowed, just dont expect to survive long. I'm a magplar too and I run 7 heavy with willpower just to survive.

>So if I wan't to lower my queue times and heal I have to roll a non-Sorc
Why wouldn't you be able to heal with a sorc?

I've looked everywhere but can't find one fucking answer to this shit. If I put a daedra banishing enchant and a soul trap enchant on the same weapon, will the banished daedra be trapped in my soul gem or will it just be banished and the soul trap will be forever useless on my weapon?

Pretty much, only time you can think "yeah I might tank this" is with 7 heavy and 1h/s.

why the another maintainance, though

What up Veeky Forums hows that farming for that end game armor that you are working on?

New to the game, how do I find this out?

I crafted 5 legendary heavy, medium and light twice-born star some months ago because I thought that I would be joining a raid build but it never happen. Now they're just sitting on an mule.

I've more fun just switching between a bunch of purple armour that may not be best in slot but fun, such as Morihaus and Tormentor when playing as a tank.

>Templar is an abortion of a class
>Half the posts on the forums are faggots begging for its last three or four good skills to be removed or nerfed
>Because there's an armor set and a monster mask set that are good
Feels bad

Do light armor shield stacking sorcs work in PvP or should I use 5 heavy?

Was thinking of crafting 5 light seducers

Maybe? You might be too busy casting shields to actually attack, and PvP is all about pressure.

> When a magplar tells me his class is shit when magsorcs exist
Nigga you have a "lol back to full health" ability that isn't an ultimate and the most bullshit execute in the game. Your class isn't an abortion when you know who will win in a zerg vs zerg by simply counting the amount of magplars that's on either sides.

Can't wait for when One Tamriel gets released so I can be bothered making my own magplar.

done long ago

aaaaand server's ded

Right in the middle of a zerg bomb.

I leveled up my first char which is a magplar to 30 so far

Am I doing things wrong or is templar generally meh, I respeced several times because of the feeling i am doing shit at it.

Best trial healers in the game.

we dead

just like the server

I'm here. Just read thru the thread, trying to decide on a good heavy armor set to pvp in as a magsorc. I too suffer from one-shotitis

yo if you find a good build post it here

Not mine, but I'm very interested in trying a heftier version of Alcast's Evocation build since I mainly pvp in Imperial City and because I'm they type of lunatic that would actually try a pet build in pvp.

funny somehow I feel a class called "Templar" is quite fleshy and more healer oriented and DKs can do tanking better anyway. Hell, class called sorcerers can do better sometimes

eh, what would I know, I bought the game only few weeks ago

Start with Black Rose and then add another suitable set. It's still one of the best. From there you have a lot of flexibility. If you want a 'solid' (or cheesy) choice then go with Scourger for the 2 piece and throw on a jewellery set.

This games class/roles are all screwy.

DK's are supposed to be pure fighter types, but play best as tank.

Temps are supposed to be tanks, but play best as heals.

Sorcs are supposed to be magicka glass cannons, but play best as stamina berzerkers

NB's are supposed to be sneaky assassin types but for the longest time were the go-to magicka DPS

Shit is so bizarre. The meta is cray.

>I'm they type of lunatic that would actually try a pet build in pvp.

In all honesty pets like the Clannfear can be really good for certain PvP builds.

What makes Black Rose so good? I see it recommended all the time, but I thought it was more a Stamina-based set.

>DK's are supposed to be pure fighter types
What? Aren't most of the DK class abilities garbage?

>I thought it was more a Stamina-based set.

It is but unfortunately stamina is still really important to a lot of Magicka builds as inevitably you'll still want to CC break, occasionally spring (depending on class), block and dodge. Another solid choice which is more 'all round' is Kagrenac's. That combined with one of the newer sets (I think it's called Amberplasm or something) are likely going to become quite meta.

Yes. That's what they're SUPPOSED to be. Most people either roll them as a tank to make use of their admittedly handy passives for it, or as a magicka DPS which, while fun, is in dire need of an overhaul, which Zeni is granting them soon. Hopefully Destro staffs and magsorcs won't be too far behind.

I have a Kag's set, 160 and purple, but it's the usual PVE Infused/Divines combo. Is that a dealbreaker, or can I roll without Inpen?

>Is that a dealbreaker, or can I roll without Inpen?

I wouldn't roll without impen unless you have something very specific in mind. It is kind of a deal breaker really.

[hunt for Rubedite intensifies]

>magic forced abortion of Argonian eggs

Okay fuck, that was pretty dark. Better than: "Necromany is bad m'kay?" quests

wait so does the light armor ability also shield you against physical damage? haven't played in a while

Yep

It does but it only lasts for 6 seconds now. I used to use it all the time on my Magicka DK but I don't bother with it much anymore. Honestly the nerfing on shields was too hard, I was up for them being reduced but the cut in duration was too much. Especially since it was applied to the likes of Obsidian Shield I don't get why the devs think they can wholesale apply a rule to everything when they don't even all work the same way.

The worst thing is that Sorcs got Streak nerfed due to shields but didn't get the Streak nerf reverted when shields got nerfed.

The power of the Sorcerers waxes and wanes... more wanes, lately.

why in the world would their servers need to go down for 8 hours of maintenance every week

they need to replace the hamsters in the wheels powering the servers, I guess.

ESO is one of the worst 'large' MMOs in recent memory for this. It's just fucking atrocious.

megaservers get megamaintenance

Its weekly maintenance i don't see why its 8 hours every time and then like last week they fucked up and it was out for even longer as in its supposed to come on at 10am and it was borked until 9pm

Anyone else just want One Tamriel to be over with so we can get news on housing? It[s probably going to be fucking terrible but I've loved housing in MMOs since the days of UO.

I dread the day housing comes, only because I remember how it was for me in SWTOR. A massive time and money sink that I'd spend hours upon hours of my playtime decorating, ignoring both raids and even PvP. And when I'd do either, it was mostly because of the decorations you could get from them. And not only did you have one stronghold in SWTOR, you could have 5. And the 4th and 5th ones cost an insane amount of money ingame to buy, not to mention unlocking and then decorating all rooms. It was horrible. I do not want that in ESO but when it comes, I'll be all over that shit

Ya god knows how many hours/weeks/months of my life i dumped into the housing in TOR
I'm also kind of a whore for trophys and stuff you can display in said house. Heres hoping for a SWG style housing/decorating system.