Hey Veeky Forums I need some advice on a possible car purchase...

Hey Veeky Forums I need some advice on a possible car purchase, I was looking on Craigslist for cars and found a 2000 Jeep Wrangler for $2000, and I thought that must be a fuck up, but the guy texted me back telling me his sister was trying to sell it, I've included her emails. The reasoning for selling it cheap seems possible, but why in the fuck would they go so far under the KBB value on it? Any advice would be great as this seems way too good to be true.

Other urls found in this thread:

pages.motors.ebay.com/buy/security/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

got any pictures of it?

Here are some pictures included in the email, if it's from the east shouldn't it be rusted at least a bit?

why would they want to sell something on ebay without listing it on fucking ebay?

it MIGHT make a modicum of sense to post on both to get it seen by more people
but it is fucking idiotic to think ebay motors is some special service that will contact you and not just be a goddamn ebay page

100% fakefakefake

>muh kid is ded
>including delivery and handling to your address
good luck with that

That's what I'm thinking, I'm going to see if I get something from eBay, I've never sold anything on there so I don't know if something like this might be possible

If you find them on Craigslist and they want to switch to any source of dialogue or payment thats not a direct dialogue or cash, it's a scam.

You know that Jeep would never be sold near 2 grand.

Now quit trying to try and figure out how it works so you feel smart. Don't respond or give them ANY info.

Obviously fake, leave it alone

pages.motors.ebay.com/buy/security/index.html
>eBay's Vehicle Purchase Protection covers only certain vehicle transactions that are completed ON eBay.com
>If a Craigslist or non-eBay seller 'promises' you the eBay protection plan, this is fraud and you should walk away.
>Death in the family or a health issue of a relative
>Private seller offers free shipping of the vehicle to you.
>You found the vehicle on another website and the seller tells you eBay will protect the transaction
>Offer a return policy in case you are not satisfied (like a 'cooling off' period)

>Don't respond
wweeeelllll, you could try stringing them along to see if they offer up anything funny

You'll notice you can't see a license plate anywhere?

The wheels and tires are worth 2k.

Chances are you'll give up info with value before they do.

Tell them great news! You're actually in Cleveland on buisiness so you can swing by and see the car at the "ebay warehouse".

Ask for directions or an address

I was thinking this as I have family in Ohio anyway, I'm certain this is all fucked up but you never know with this shit.

Honestly... yeah you do... you know it's bullshit...

But I want it to be true ;-;
Anyway, thanks Veeky Forums you guys are a pretty cool board, I don't care what the other boards say about you, you're alright in my book

It's a scam friend, if they won't meet with you to do a trade it's a scam
>Craigslist add
>pay for it through "eBay"

who's talking shit

The gay boys over at /a/, not like what they say really matters anyway

Just called the guy and offered 2200

Get fucked OP