It's illegal to impede traffic where I live

It's illegal to impede traffic where I live.

These signs started popping up everywhere recently. What the fuck are they trying to imply?

Not sure if they understand how traffic works.

Other urls found in this thread:

liberty-lawyer.com/faq/speedinglawsinmn.html
berniesez.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's so people feel bad for driving faster than the posted signs

If you got over 5-10mph they start flashing, most likely they're to get people to slow down. Pretty worthless unless you have a cop camping out by one whos too lazy to use a radar gun, or if they strapped those big ass traffic camera to it to fuck you right in the wallet if you go over.

It's illegal to interpret those signs as a limit-cap. The traffic must flow.

I got a ticket for going 15 over the limit, 65mph in a 50. Minnesota law doesn't explicitly state that you must go the speed limit

>Driving Over Speed Limit is Not Necessarily Unlawful

>Prima facie evidence: The general rule is that a speed in excess of the speed limit is prima facie evidence that such a speed is not reasonable and prudent. Minnesota Statutes Section 169.14, subd. 2. The violation or crime is generally not "driving faster than the speed limit" but rather driving "at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the conditions." Prima facie evidence is evidence that on its face appears to prove the proposition of the party with the burden of proof - in this case the government. But in a municipality, Minnesota statutes, more recently, purport to make any speed in excess of the speed limit presumptively unlawful. Minnesota Statutes Section 169.14, subd. 2.

> liberty-lawyer.com/faq/speedinglawsinmn.html

Dunno if I should fight it or just pay and have it on my record.

Traffic cannot break the posted speed limit.

lawyer, son.

That would cost more than a ~$100 ticket

you're not a lawyer dont try to use that in court. You'll only piss off the magistrate and cop.

take it to court, apologize, and see if they will knock down the fine for you.

so does having your insurance go up

try this
berniesez.com/

It's impossible not to break the limit.

Answered like a true cuckold.

Always fight it. The sole purpose of the state is to remove dollar bills from your bank account as expediently as possible. Without willful subjects, the state cannot survive as it does not produce goods nor have an economy.

State the laws and why you're innocent, but make sure you fully understand them if you're going to make an argument. Make sure you know which law(s) are trumping which (state over county, federal over state, or whatever).

What is the answer to life the universe and everything?

And you sound like one of those sovereign citizen retards. Enjoy having a cop smash in your teeth with a nightstick when he pulls you oiver and you tell him its not a legal stop.

Don't try and fight the law. He was speeding, one obscure legal clause isn't going to magically make all speeding tickets invalid.

All the cop has to say is
>road conditions were poor
>traffic was heavy
>visibility was poor
and thats proof that it wasn't prudent to be speeding.

Instead of picking a fight he will lose, he can just be reasonable and have them knock the fine down, which they do for reasonable people who don't think they are lawyers.

If you take pictures of the scene or have dash cam footage, you can literally say "the cop is a lying bastard and should be fucking fired for being a statist nazi piece of fine-collecting bureaucrat dick-sucking dogshit and i hope he dies the next time he lets the long arm of the law fist his hank hill ass" and still have a case.

As the person who got the ticket, absolutely none of that was true.

as the cop who sucked the judge's dick, it totally was

>What the fuck are they trying to imply?
>Implying implications
They're there to track your high score, m8. I used to drive by a suburb that got a portable one, but they took it down after multiple people kept hitting 99.

>tfw trying to break the limit on my bicycle as a kid

Yeah so you're an idiot.

Doesn't matter. Even if that's the case there's all kinds of reasons to drive slowly. Go to court, apologize, get your fine knocked down, get a radar detector and learn to spot vascar.
Don't try to use that clause you found. It's almost certainly trumped by some other law, and you'll only succeed in making sure you pay the full fine.

Change your court date, twice if you can and get a friday or saturday court date.

When the cop doesn't show up, you have right to face your accuser.

Thrown out.

Unless the sign states the type of speed the limit is for, the fact that it is a limit, the value of a speed, and the measurement of that value, one cannot completely interpret a posted sign.

Between the limits of the minimum, safe, and maximum speeds and mph, kph, etc, there are too many variables.

Is the sign saying "Speed Limit 60" meaning "Maximum Speed Limit 60 MPH" or "Minimum Speed Limit 60 KPH" or something else? How can you be at fault unless you are unreasonable exceeding or deceeding the maximum or minimum possible interpretations? And then again, there are more possibilities than just MPH or KPH. Miles per year, feet per second, etc, etc, etc.

Also, check your jurisdiction for the legal types of speeds. Each has a limit of its own.

The limit must be broken.

Is it illegal for slow cars to drive on roads where you live?

I use these to see how out of whack my speedometer is lol

Oh, look, it's another, "It's okay to speed as long as everyone else is speeding" thread.

>get a ticket when you didn't break the law
>"nah bro don't contest it, you wouldn't want to be one of those sovereign citizens do you?"
:^)

>It's impossible not to break the limit.
That's also why shoplifting occurs. It is impossible not to shoplift.

In my area, we have the posted limits by school zones. There isn't that nice sign showing your speed as warning. If you speed in the school zone, the cameras simply take your picture along with your speed. There are two cameras and video and they get both your front and back.

Speeding in the school zone is an increased penalty fine. You may contest it in court but it is next to impossible because the defense has evolved to become:

1. I protest.
2. Do you state that the car in the video is not yours? Or the car in the pictures is not your car? If you say so, you will NOW have to prove it. If you do not succeed, you can be deemed to be making a false statement in court (perjury) and additional penalty added.
3. Do you state that the recorded speed for your car is inaccurate? If so, present your PROOF that it is inaccurate. False statements will incur additional penalty for perjury.

Please note that the penalty for perjury is considerably worse than paying the $249 fine (minimum) for speeding in the school zone. Perjury is an offense that appears on your official criminal record (unlike routine traffic tickets).

Please note that if you challenge, you not only pay the court costs, but there is a base court fee too. And you have to pay the amortized costs of the expert witness appearing at the court to defend the photographic and video evidence. Those costs include: travel expenses from the home city of the camera contractor, hotel costs, per diem expenses, and there is a court evidence fee as well. Basically, if you lose, you end up with around a $350 to $550 ticket depending on how many people decided to challenge that time. The court tries to group all the challengers together to save them money. Otherwise, each loser might see a $800 ticket if it is one at a time.

If you have to ask these questions you would have failed your driving exam

Those cameras are unconstitutional in my state as it is the company ticketing you not the cops. The cop also tickets the driver not the car. Feels good that they took down all red light cameras. Oh and a lot of money changing hands for the contracts.

Well they don't really test you so much to make sure you are an excellent driver but rather to that you will comply with assumptions. Those assumptions in practise allow loopholes to fine or penalise persons who abide by their vagueness.

Fucking signs on my commute start flashing at like 5 below the speed limit. I hate them so much

>Those cameras are unconstitutional in my state
>Feels good that they took down all red light cameras
Which state is that? In every state I have lived in, red light cameras have been legal.

In the UK we have quite a lot of these when entering villages where the speed limit drops from 60mph to 30. Most people ignore them though and 'car people' try to get the highest score possible.