Is 7000RPM safe for an all motor forged and balanced internally 427ci?

Is 7000RPM safe for an all motor forged and balanced internally 427ci?

Get ecoboost instead

Only one way to find out...

.....by swapping in ecoboost

100% depends on the valvetrain
can the springs take it?
do you have good roller rocker arms
do you have a roller cam?

these are the only things that matter

>not a chevy 350

AFR 220cc SBF Heads out of the box with a hydraulic cut cam.
Are you sure I don't have to worry about my piston speed being nearly 5,000fpm?

>falling for the small block meme

no, you said its forged.
not even close to an issue
rpm does not kill pistons. shit tuning does, and other things like dirt

flat or roller hydraulic cam?
hope you went roller so you dont need special snowflake oil

Roller, this is going to be a streeting motor until I buy the supercharger after.
Compression is apparently going to work out to 9.2:1

My all stock internals and valvetrain (including AFM) 6.0 does about 6700rpm just fine regularly. I'm sure 7k on a well built engine is just fine.

>welcome to 1965

Can anyone refer me to any decently priced intakes for a 351W/427?
Should I just do the Edelbrock Victor with porting and an elbow to the possible supercharger?
With multi-port injection for each intake port?

>is 7k rpms safe for a 427 ci?
>not a chevy 350
mfw im surrounded by casuals.

oh grow up.

>these are the only things that matter

I hope you're not this retarded.

>rpm does not kill pistons.

I hope you're not this retarded.

5,000 feet per minute is up there for anything but a race quality rotating assembly. However, if that's your typical 4.000" stroke 427 stroker then 7k RPM is only 4,666.666 feet per minute. You'll probably be fine as most have 4340 con rods, lightweight pistons, and 4340 cranks. The better question is will your cam make good power up there? Your hydraulic roller lifters are going to start pumping up and running out of steam around 6,250-6,500 RPM. If you go with a supercharger you're going to want a supercharger cam and probably something that works well in the 2,500-6,500 RPM range.

you do know world products has a 460ci SBF version dont you?

Yeah, and the 4.125" bore with 4.200" stroke is full retard with that piston way down out of the hole at BDC.

4.200" stroke on a 9.5" deck SBF. Lel.

Are you running a custom setup or are you trying to match a carb or efi setup?

>only engine he knows is the most common engine ever made
>calls others casuals

>get a coyote from an f-150
>Lighter crank
>Rev to 8k no problem

Its 2016, dont bother with pushrods

where is the engine going to be using its 7000rpm redline? circut? drag? burnouts?

planning on supercharging the engine decide now at the build stage. you may have to sacrifice some compression ratio more like 8 or 7 to 1 but you will get it back and then some with the forced asperation. other important question what sort of supercharger will you be running? the old style roots superchargers still work well but maybe you want to use the vortec style turbo sized superchargers

Should be fine so long as you don't cheap out on the tune. Seen tons of bone stock 5.3s do it, my stock bottom LS3 is limited to 7200 with no issues (because of the tune).

No hydro roller will make power above 6500. Hydro rollers are for street duties, if you want to spin it hard you want a solid flat, or better yet a solid roller. Guys have been spinning SBF's to over 7000 with solid cams for more than half a century.

Well I hate to deter and go against your opinion, but since this will be a street motor I figured I would just rev it to 7000 as a redline and have peak power around around 65-68.
I just didn't want to die if I hit 7000 a few times.

Wow you are a dumb cunt. Do you even have any idea the forces that are happening in a long stroke motor at high rpm?

That's just it. Hydro rollers pump up bad over 6200rpm. I jave seen several hole pistons from a mild over rev. Too much inertia in the valvetrain for high revs. If you are building a decent motor, go solid.

/thread

>Is 7000RPM safe for an all motor forged and balanced internally 427ci?

Any 2-valve pushrod engine will shit the bed after extended high rpm operation there's just too much reciprocating weight.

You are a dumb cunt as well.

>You are

What's the matter sport? You couldn't remember if it's your or you're?

>not using contractions is a sign of retardation.

God you are a fuckwit. You're going to go to your mum's house tonight, so you catch watch me fuck her asshole raw while your dad watches. The you're going to clean up the mess tomorrow morning.

>The you're going to clean up the mess

lol calm down, poofrod lover.

Didn't you like my demonstration of your and you're? Also, I couldn't give a fuck less about pushrods, I do give a fuck about morons like you talking shit when you have no idea. Have a look at nascar for example.

Engines that last one race if they are lucky. Go get fucked.

>nascar

Those engines where the entire valvetrain gets thrown in the garbage after one race? That nascar?

Give it a go gradually, and if bad things start to happen, lower the red line would be my best opinion. I don't know if a 427 will make power that high because of valve float etcetera, and it's pretty big displacement.

>Those engines where the entire valvetrain gets thrown in the garbage after one race? That nascar?

One race of making 900hp for 500miles out of 350cubes. You dumb fuck.

See above you retard.

OP still here, I've got an already internally balanced rotating assembly as you can guess.
Should I get it knifed down?
So it can get to them RPMs earlier? Along with looking at other things to get that reciprocating mass down?

Yes.

Why do you keep trying to sound like you know what you're talking about when you obviously don't? Eg: asking stupid questions.

> only lasts 500 miles
Not exactly helping your case

You ain't gotta be rude dude, I don't know what to do, but I've got the bottom end and the heads on this block. I just don't know where to really take it after this.
I still can't settle on an intake.

Don't feed him (you)s.

Are you honestly that retarded that you can't realise how lasting 500miles at 9000+ rpm making 900 horsepower out of 350ci is impressive? Also consider the stroke and piston speeds.

You need to take a look at how long any highly strung motorsport engine lasts.

M8. You've just fed him another one.

>You need to take a look at how long any highly strung motorsport engine lasts.

literbikes have the most highly strung road engines you can buy and they last for tens of thousands of miles. 200+hp from 1 liter is more impressive. A 5.8 in the same tune would make over 1100hp.

Sorry I just can't help it.

Confirmed for having no idea about stroke, piston speed, over/under square, or anything to do with engines full stop. I'm going gto take anons advice and bid you adieu, you fucking Mongoloid.

It really isn't though

> huur I can regurgitate a few words I read on Wikipedia I'm so smart and ur not
Lol, idiot. An na 2.6 4 piston engine making over 700hp runs for 24 hours straight and has insignificant amount of wear afterwards. Nascar pushrod shit a shit