Why is the new honda type r so expensive? sure its a nice car...

why is the new honda type r so expensive? sure its a nice car, but are people going to really buy it at the 40k price range? especially when at that price you can buy an sti, focus rs, or even a golf r.

>nice car
>doesn't even have a chevy 350

None of the other cars you mentioned are as reliable.

Enjoy your tranny issues FoSTfag.

It's supposed to be able to compete with them in terms of performance.

nice meme.

Are they inherently unreliable or is it the SR20 thing all over again, with clueless cunts blowing them up with eBay parts and "a tune".

Bruh...

The new Honda may or may not be reliable, this is after all Hondas first go at making turbo performance engines for road going vehicles.

I would be very surprised if it proves to have no issues at all.

And in any case I would take the 350hp AWD RS over the 300hp FWD TypeR

God you're dumb

The transmission issues on the Fiesta and Focus are due to their DCT grenade boxes.

hes talking out of his ass. the first focus st's had problems but now they are okay.

the rdx was turbo 5 years ago.

>wrx sti

current sti is not competitive performance-wise and is lacking interior build quality. Until they replace the EJ25 with an up-rated version of the FA20 it will lag behind the competition

>golf r

its pretty slow (w/ 6 speed manual) compared to its competitors. More of the daily driver than track car such as the RS or Type R

> Focus RS

eh, hard to argue with this one. The RS smokes all of them in every category except for comfort/ride but that's not why you buy an RS.

Its going to be pretty tough for the type R to compete with the Focus RS since it lacks awd and has less power.

Until the new wrx sti comes out (can't wait), the focus RS will remain king in the segment.

Completely agree with this.
However, I could see people buying the Type R over the RS for just aesthetic purposes alone. It isn't for everyone, but the Type R definitely has a pretty daring interior/exterior. Honestly for a daily driver I wouldn't mind spending more time in that Type R.

Good point, forgot to add that.

The Type R will defiantly have a specific market of people that will buy the car no matter what magazines say about it.

Much different car than the RS

I drive an ep3 and will probably get the new hatchback

The type R is faster than all of the cars you named brah

Is it though? I don't remember the new RS posting any nurburgring times.

its also 40 thousand dollars

I know they've made cars with turbos in the past, but the RDX is hardly a high performance engine.

Cars with turbos set up for economy, like the RDX, are under quite a bit less strain wouldn't you agree?

In any case it's an entirely new car with new engine, drive train, chassis, suspension and every other bit.

Without a doubt there will be an issue or two for them to work out.

But honestly that much power in a FWD car is just a bit silly. And with such a fantastic engine and body it would be a great car to modify, but adding more power will just make it absolutely undrivable.

golf r auto does 4.5 , has an interior to match its price, and doesnt rattle out the factory

i like the rs in theory but 40-45k is unsettling as fuck for a damn focus

So are all the other cars though..

>new engine
>that much power in a FWD car
>new chassis
Are you retarded?

>this is after all Hondas first go at making turbo performance engines for road going vehicles

I don't doubt they'll run into issues but this isn't their first time mucking about with performance-oriented turbos.

It is a new engine?
It's 300 FWD HP?
It is a new chassis?

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make?

Or are you simply taking the meme arrows out for a spin?

the Civic type-R isn't sold in North America

>63 BHP

it will be

There suppose to be around 30k in the US

even better question why would anyone buy any of those when you can get a fiesta st for 19k new ?

the FK2 won't
it will be a cheaper FC-based model built in indiana or canada

You can buy a used C7 for that price

its a good little car but...
>fwd
>shit brakes
>sounds awful
>looks awful inside and out

Msrp for sti and rs is around 35k. The tyype r msrp is like 41k

>comparing US prices to euro prices
the RS is $45k in Germany

Nigga. 45k euro is different than us. The us msrp for the type r is like 41k

>The us msrp for the type r is like 41k
It doesn't have a us mrsp because it isn't sold there dummy.
The figure you're quoting is the price in Europe (35k€ or $40k)

Literally all subaru has to do is bring the Ej207 to the US and it would be competitive.

Me as well if the type r comes state side. I love my ep3 but id kill for the new type r.