/ywg/ - Yo-kai Watch General #61

Previous thread: Welcome to Smogmella heaven edition

YO-KAI WATCH 2 IS OUT NOW, GET TO BEFRIENDING

Join the discord to make friends!
discord.gg/0m7Vj85gNw4dutXi

The Youkai Watch 2 Demo is now out on the e-shop!

Yo-kai Watch 3 is out in Japan! Details here!
youkai-watch.jp/yw3/

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble is out!:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/yo-kai-watch-wibble-wobble/id1085461253?mt=8
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Level5.YWWWUS
WibWob medal registration: yo-kai-wibblewobble.com/medal/index.nhn

>Is this actually good?
Yes it's good, just don't go in expecting the hyped up "Pokemon killer" aspect. Kotaku started the phrase for clickbait and it worked. They aren't the same game at all, just two games in the monster catching genre. If you want an explanation on the battle system, someone can fill you in, don't worry the demo was indeed shit and not a good representation of how you'll go through the game.

>Is there a list of all the yokai?
yokaipedia.net/list-of-youkai/

>I'm too lazy to look for i-
yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Here's a resource document for all your Yo-kai FAQ needs:
docs.google.com/document/d/1_POcoMxn85sOaJSFlvYDIljIfeadxm-qz9GTdmcNND0/edit?usp=sharing

Also an user was kind enough to give us a small/longish guide to some of YW2's stuff. Take a look!
imgur.com/a/HBkws

Tags: Yokai, Youkai, Yo-kai

Other urls found in this thread:

yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Arachnia
i.imgur.com/MetfTcM.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for best ship.

Why is making friends hard

how can grandpa do more damage with a stick then I can with 6 yokai

>level steal

are you fucking with me

which game is most played here?

boney or fleshy? I need to know as it affects which one I buy.

I got bony because I support skeletons

A radical Manjimutt is a cute Manjimutt

Is So-Sorree a decent addition to a team? His Soultimate seems like a competent heal/purify, and he has decent debuffs.

>YW2 save editor is still in japanese
>start messing with shit
>now I have 3 Select-A-Coin + from the start
Here I come.

>Just left for Grannie's house

I can still get back there at some point, r- right?

Yeah. You can take the train back whenever you want.
Though I'd recommend doing the first round of grandma's missions before you go back, so you can unlock Mirapo and make trains pretty much obsolete.

Yeah, you'll be fine.

is there a good place to grind money/medicines in the smoggy past, I got fucked because she took away purification

Can you rename yokai? I forgot to name the sucky mushroom girl

The excitement building...or whatever its called...theres a yokai spot there where you can put a wazzat

Is burly's wristband burly-only?

Thanks memeboys

Awesome thanks!

What is the point of the infinite tunnel?

Hovernyan kind of sounds like Nibbler.

I have jibanyan and coughkoff, but it won't let me fuse them, whats going on?

This should probably be added to the FAQ by now, but badinyan / thornyan aren't gettable by fusion in YW2. This was replaced by a choice you make at the apartments in shoppers row. You need to trade to have both badinyan / thornyan on one file.

You can't fuse Jibanyan anymore.

is Jibanyan S in bony spirits?

I get that Komasan is a crank exclusive, but where is Komajiro found?

check the vending machines in blossom heights

Because Yokai Watch is an accurate reflection of real life.

go into a tunnel to challenge your fears. Fancy talk for befriending yokai and trying to get rare items. The deeper you go, the more goodies you get, along with the chance to encounter rarer yokai. How deep you can go varies every day. You should be a high level if you plan on going 20k+
40k+ is where crankakai yokai start appearing

To you guys who are playing through 2 at the moment; Do these games have the same option to give a befriended yokai a suggested nickname that YW1 had? What are the alternatives to 'Toiletta'?

For those still wondering since I saw it a couple times in the last thread, Hidabat can be found in the Abandoned Tunnel on Mount Wildwood. Same as YW1.

Also, can anybody help me out with the Treasure Hunters Pt. 2 sidequest? Not sure how I get the key to the locked room.

Yeah, they still suggest nicknames. So far I've only seen a suggested nickname for Apelican, though.

"U.S.Ayyy"

>40 minutes and still can't get a rare rhino beetle
This is fucking stupid as shit the bug catching is 90% random

Nevermind, I found it. Feel kinda dumb about it now.

So what are your favorite soultimates Veeky Forums? Mine is probably Robohungramps
>Name is called Eat this
>He opens his gargantuan mouth and rain lasers from it

I think I shed a tear when I first saw it

Pay attention to where the dial lands w.r.t. where you press A. For me it usually feels like it lands a few segments behind where I hit A, at least most of the time.

Try 100%, I'm surprise they kept bug catching as it is but changed fishing into a considerably better mini game

Snobetty's is pretty great. She just slaps your shit repeatedly.

Yeah I've been doing my best to time it late but sometimes it just lands exactly where I hit, sometimes too foreward and sometimes too far back. It's so frustrating.

Yeah I'm lovin the new fishing one but I would think they would have changed the bug one too. That added layer of like, hit the pellet on the dot would've been better if that was the only one.

Is there a guide for getting the robo-yokai? I really want robo hungramps and robo manjimutt

where's Illoo in 2?

>badsmella
....proceed.

Harrisville. Need a C rank watch. Look around on polls.

how do I kick off the Lucas Quest?
I've already beaten the final bot but he's not showing up near the sacred tree.

They know what they're doing, Tublappa isn't even subtle.

>tons of yokai are crank exclusive

WHY? I WANNA EXPLORE FOR MY YOKAI NOT GRIND

How do you make the popularity Kon?

Fuse a Shmoopie soul with a Cupistol soul

whats the first thing to do to start the post game quests

Is Pandanoko A FS or BS? I see fleshy soul but I dunno if that's right or not.

both. Seems the label influences some items I think rather than just tells them the version they're from

yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Arachnia
Thoughts?

What stacks? Popularity kon + popularity ability? Lodo kon + noko ability?

Yup.

Would Level-5 really put a transgender character in a kid's game?

Jibanyan S is BS exclusive.
Komasan S is FS exclusive.

I doubt it. If you look at the talk section of that wiki, they've been fighting over that tidbit for a while

Looks more like a trap but both are equally fucked. but yeah they would. You've got kyubi that looks like renamon or whatever and looks female but is a bloke.

How'd you get so soree

So, just like in anime.

>which implies they're actually a male-to-female transgender

Anyone know anything about Darkyubi? Can you befriend it or is it some boss or something? It looks pretty neat from the wikia page but doesn't say much about it.

The whole thing is stupid period.
Kyubi is male but looks and sounds feminine. Doesn't mean he's trans.

You gotta love how people pull shit from their asses.

I still say trap-like. But the wiki seems like it shouldn't be 100% trusted anyways.
seems so. japs like traps I guess in their cartoons.

Wind Coin in the crank-a-kai

Is only in Shinuchi version

Is it worth it to level soul gems? If so, how do I level up soul gems faster?

Also bumping

Damn. I thought all of Shinuchi was in Bony/fleshy. Apparently it's also in the 3rd game(s) but I can't find shit on how to get anything in those so I'll just play through later and hope it's not crank-a-kai or something.

Can you change names of traded yokai?

Thanks

how is he male to female if the reasoning is that he's from a female-only species? female meaning has female reproductive organs not necessarily a "girl" if you follow their train of thought. would make a bit more sense to say he's female to male, just very feminine. shouldn't belong in the trivia section anyway since it's not true or anything, just hadcanon.

So where is the user who made the pre-release guides about YW2? Like the one about version exclusives and such? I think we need more infographs about special events (like the robo-yokais or how to get special events like Burly and such).

How do you get the sand suit?

With the scratch lottery tickets

please tell me you're kidding

From my own experimenting, it seems like these things do stack.

The Wazzat location isn't appearing for the name change

where are you?

At the building where your dad works at.
There is an Illoo location outside but I cant find one inside.

wrong tower. it's at the Excellent tower, which is east of the district with the museum (i'm really bad at place names)

Oh! Thanks man I was confused!

You name her "Hanako" or you just don't befriend her.

Komasan's now that they put effort into the voice clips.

I laughed my ass off the first time he yelled "SWIRLS!" during it.

what food type are the doughnuts and beef skewers, and the rest of the stuff in that section?

the 'donuts' (in the story) I think are key item exclusive. The beef skewers fall under the food type oden

Okay, so who thought Soultimate Steal was a good idea? Especially since, best i can tell, it happens totally at random.

it was a thing in YW1 as well, made to JUST fuck up some teams.

nah, you can buy them individually from both shops

What did it in YW1? I did like everything there was to do in that game. Closest i saw was some Soul Meter draining, not "interupt Soultimate as it's being cast and use it for yourself".

my medals won't read for wibble wobble any tips for the lighting?

other than the popularity one are there any other special souls?

check out the guide in the OP at the bottom
i.imgur.com/MetfTcM.jpg

The only way to get a hidabat is through train rides?

there's also the abandoned tunnel in Mt. Wildwood.
If you're lucky on a yokai spot, he can also be befriended when you fight Enefly's squad

Where do you find Mircle?

It was the opposite for me actually. I accepted a quest in the past of Harrisvile that asked for something like a rare Kujo Stag. So I was looking for it and got a rare Rhino Beetle almost immediately.

>Kujo Stag
I dont even have one of those, dont think I saw one ever. You sure you don't mean a Dorcus or Miyama?