I saw a perfect cheap used car

>I saw a perfect cheap used car
>it's 475km away

If it is perfect, pay to have it shipped.

>see perfect car 300km away
>???
>roadtrip for a day
>buy it
Felt good mate

>Truck is 512 miles away
>leave after work on Friday night
>get there Saturday morning
>buy truck
>leave
>get back Saturday night
Pretty cool to not be a bitch, and actually go out and do things I want

Dude; don't reinforce the fucking stereotype! The Americans already think that, just because their country is basically 60% empty wasteland and European countries are comparatively small, our idea of "long distance driving" is laughable compared to theirs. Which is bullshit. A one-day drive is a one-day drive, doesn't matter whether it's in kilometers or miles, and people here drive just as far to get somewhere.

but the tolls in my country's highways are a fucking ripoff and secondary roads are all shit

Except in 'Murrica where the speed limit is 120km/h that trip only takes 4 hours each way. Not exactly something worth putting yourself up in a hotel over.

Last new car I bought I drove 5 hours one way to get color/options I wanted.

Rent car. Drive up. Handle paperwork. Drop off rental. Drive home.

Put on your big boy pants.

lmao, in the US that is literally a 3.5 hour drive. yuros are too lazy to spend an afternoon driving to buy a "perfect car." no wonder the eu a shit

ausfag here the 'speed limit' is 110-120km/h but noobody ever fucking does it otherwise every roadtrip would take twice as long

My point wasn't that people do exactly the speed limit. It was more to do with the roads and infrastructure that allows faster travel.

>pic related from my last road trip - take notice of the missing speedo needle

>475km

That's less than 300 Freedoms. Just make a weekend out of it.

Legacy GT?

>find closest thing to what I want
>right year, right trim, right options
>wrong as fuck color
>2000 miles away
>closest thing in two months of obsessive searching
Suck a cock OP, I wish I was in your shoes.

>buy a car i think was a good deal
>see one 2 weeks later for way better deal 10/10

f u c k

>search for [car]
>wow that's a lot of results
>search parameter update: manual transmission
>Sorry! No results can be found

>auto

>find perfect car

>travel 500km

>turns out the seller lied like a cunt and the car was pretty much a financial wreck

>not buying that heap, going home again

>lose €100 for the travel and a whole day

Nah, Outback. Didn't really like it, stiff seats, shitty CVT and pretty gutless.

>CVT
It's my Aunts, I was helping her drive across the country.

>tfw only averaged in the teens because we had a roof top storage thing and were doing up to 100mph

>Automatic
>FWD

How fucking kawaii m8. I've always wanted to play with an owl.

>CVT
>AWD

I made the 750km trip to my grandma's funeral on my motorcycle within less than 5 hours, going 220+ km/h for large stretches of the ride. Went home the next day - no big deal. I dare say a 1000 mile trip across Europe is way more comfortable than doing the same distance in the U.S. - you're literally always near big cities and there's *nice* hotels and restaurants everywhere. The only thing the U.S. has going for their deserted landscapes and long-ass highways is a certain romanticism that you won't find here in most places, but that's about it. So if that's your thing, by all means, have fun! But I'd rather get to my destination safe and quickly (and there's always rural roads if you want to have fun).

>thinking empty wasteland roads are better than roads near cities filled with cunts

wew lad

What? That's not what I said...

My dream ride was 565km away. 600 if we take getting lost in bumfuck nowhere, circling around town and making a small "detour" through a nearby town.

Called my old man the day before if he wanted to go on a road trip with me. It was a pretty chill ride all the way, perfect summer weather that's not too hot or cold, little to no traffic the whole way.
Only thing that ruined the perfect day was the speeding ticket I got, pushed my old mans 300C a bit too much and hit a radar at 60 in a 40 zone.

>search for [car]
>9001 results starting at $400 with dozens below $2000
>set manual
>Cheapest is now $7500

>buy car
>it's literally >9000 km away
>have it shipped to nearest harbor
>still 1000 km far away
>take night train there and wake up a few stops before arrival
>pick up around lunch
>spend an hour on paperwork
>drive home
>pass customs at midnight
>arrive at home at 2 am
>go to work at 7am
no raggerts
OP is just a pussy, as usual.

So you bought your car and didn't even check it out beforehand?

>search for used car
>find exactly what I'm looking for
>below market value, good condition, low miles, only 20 miles away
>call dealership, reach a deal with the salesman
>drive to the lot that day
>manager comes out and tells me they sold the car to someone in another state over the phone
>car ad stayed up for months later
>called from different numbers posing as different people asking about it
>always got told the same thing

positive those cunts are just holding it for a friend of theirs

Can't travel 9000 km to do that. Lots of photos of the important parts and locations around the car were enough. Car was obviously cared for by an enthusiast. Turns out that it's in even better condition than expected.

It's a dealer tactic to get you to physically come in to the dealership, a very common one

>live in Houston
>Every used car has been beat and molested to death by mexicans
>Stealerships will lie through their nose
>Need new truck
>Seriously considering making a field trip to try and secure a good deal else where

Seriously, everything here is shit.