/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread: → #

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1471263068942.webm
carsales.mobi/cars/details/2003-Holden-Ute-S-VY/SSE-AD-4143780
carsales.com.au/private/details/Holden-Ute-2003/SSE-AD-4143780/?Cr=1
carsales.com.au/private/details/Holden-Calais-2001/SSE-AD-4170318/?Cr=4
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/edwardstown/cars-vans-utes/ford-au-futura-1-owner-36800km-lovely-car-very-rare/1105852693
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/renown-park/cars-vans-utes/ford-falcon/1121362930
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/flinders-park/cars-vans-utes/1999-au-falcon-for-swaps-eoi/1120251239
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lismore/cars-vans-utes/2002-ford-falcon-auiii-xr8-pursuit-250-blue-5-speed-manual-utility/1107494931
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That falcunts a bit of a faggot amirite

Yeah hes a fat clueless idiot

fappy time

>falcunts commodore needs new steering rack
>3 choices, cheapest being $200 and most expensive being $600
>"im gonna go with da cheapest guys"
> he gets cucked by mechanic into getting the most expensive rack
>$900
>mfw

Shut up jimmy and take my cut cuck u fagghole

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1471263068942.webm

A E S T H E T I C

You are obsessed with Jimmy. Do you want to put your micropenis in his boypussy?

J I M M Y S H I T S

But if we both have benis then who is vegins?

Hes a big boi 4 Veeky Forums

Falcunt loves his tight boy pussy

implying you dont want to fuck jimmys skinnyfat trap body too

I've seen this fucking Integra around Sunnybank.

Should just leech off welfare till you can afford everything. Next census tick yourself off as an Abo-dabo and get bennies.

Nah fuck that mate i wunna work.
>Jimmy will never rule63 and sit on my face for hours
i want to die

>bridgestoned, jimmy and all the old SA bros will never go to late night meets and post chill pics of night drives ever again
Hold me bros.

FUCK YOU GUYS IM BUYING A FALCON

IM SICK OF FWD HOLY SHIT I WANT TO GO FAST CHEAP

After Ford stops the Barra and BMW ends production what straight 6 cars will there still be?

Well I wouldn't say no if he offered up that asshole desu senpai

hi guys

what's new?

better get a pilots license ready m8 cause they're all gonna die

Who gives a shit. It's a redundant configuration.

New SA meets?

Your face is a redundant configuration

please tell me its on gas

Thanks for reminding me I have already posted that image

No it's not on gas.

Then VL is the one you want

Negative. My face maintains purpose and is not to be killed off for another 50 years. Unlike the Inline six. kek

>Redundant Configuration

You prefer Hyundai or Kia?

heh
no worries

drove an au falcon
after driving jap/euro all my life i feel sick
it was a violating experience desu.
interior was disgusting plastic, visibility was crap, steering wheel was digging into my legs(was this car designed for manlets?), all the electronics were fucked(windows didnt work and i had to remove the relay for the lights and put it back in everytime i turned off the car because lights stayed on)
>never again

yeah but you gotta appreciate the agricultural reliability of its driveline rather than non-relevant shit breaking

VY ute on steelies. Cheap enough, plain enough for coppers not to at look twice and you've got the cash for a sneaky LS swap.

Reliable power on a budget, and you can be that ute guy.

You have decided to base your experience on one of the single worst falcodores ever produced.

Is the Robin Reliant the only euro car you've driven?

Is the Subaru Sherpa the only Japanese car you've driven?

it had 220,000km on it and was going strong despite countless issues with brakes, suspension and electronics.
ride was comfy, boat like. i see why people like them.

you can make basic interiors and thats fine...but when the interior of pic related looks better than that of the car i'm driving then im worried

Or buy one that already has an LS in it

>drove an au falcon
u done goofed.

ive driven the xt and a few other makes which felt just as cheap not just "non relevent" stuff but integral components
thats a shit argument m8

>xt
thats the 2nd worst interior ive ever seen in a car the ICC always breaks and all the buttons and fittings are just as bad.

Plus they have all the common falcon issues from overheating to bad brakes

I wonder what's fucked with this car?

carsales.mobi/cars/details/2003-Holden-Ute-S-VY/SSE-AD-4143780

Yeah, but how high can your expectations be of a mid 1960s sedan?

>3 grand for a bog stock vy manual ute owned by a p plater
Yeah mate fucking everything

are you trying to get fucked in the ass?

>Six Cylinder
>Distastefully modified

Did you even look at the ad?

#
Nah mate, you'll be right mate.
Make sure you have to beer as you cruise 90 mile straight to feel super ocker.
Also what kinds fuel economy do you get?

Gearbox
Diff
Center bearing
Probably the half shafts
Engine'd be worn
Brakes
Tyres
Interior would rattle
Interior would squeak
Interior would smell like week old kebabs

VY Commodore specific items;

Cooling system is at the age where the plastic end tanks, heater tap etc begin to fail

They all kill castor rod bushes. If the castor rod bushes aren't gotten on to early it will also kill the front control arm bushes.

Power steering pump too

its a 3800 so add to that
>cooling issues
>belt shreds like a used kebab
>valley gaskit leak
>internals fucked or close to it if higher k's because WOT to make any power in these shit engines n/a stock
>its a 3800 so it will always be junk
even the yanks gave up on these

i'd love to get the shittest vu ute and drop a barra turbo in there to piss everyone off

those white steelies
>tasty

apples and oranges m8
comparing various base model falcons to base model jap/euro cars of early to late 2000s is apt

228k is alot for those poor little v6's

carsales.com.au/private/details/Holden-Ute-2003/SSE-AD-4143780/?Cr=1

Just get something that isnt shit

desktop link for real men

to the vicfag get something like this

>low k's
>unraped stock vt-vy
>???

carsales.com.au/private/details/Holden-Calais-2001/SSE-AD-4170318/?Cr=4

Sure its slow as shit and not much of a looker but its a much better base then something like a pre fucked au or vy ute

I loved dad's au. half the shit in the interior didn't work, the horn had been torn out because it just stayed on one day and the exhaust was rusted to shit but what a hilarious car to drive. all it was good for was skids or feeling like you were riding the high seas

15-18 litres / 100km

im just worried about its mechanical durability through the Eyre highway, travelling 100km/h for hours over 1600km, it seems gruelling.

sounds positively fucked

pics?

NOTHING was worse than my au2 and my ef up the back NOTHING i dare you to find something worse

>im just worried about its mechanical durability through the Eyre highway, travelling 100km/h for hours over 1600km, it seems gruelling.
what the fuck is so bad about 100km/h+ on a highway? Literally the easiest thing for a older car to do

just bring the basics

>fuel
>water
>food
>toolkit
>2+ spare wheels
>???

i want a pig fat falcon

are ex-taxi FG Falcons still good at 400,000km? Theres a few in my area for 3 grand each

i was doing stupid shit in this one
revving to 4k in N then putting it in D(not sure if the squeel was tyres or tranny lel)
they seem to be able to take beatings reliably but oh man so many weird issues

I'll look, but I doubt I have a picture around, it was sold 3 years ago for $600. the exterior was reasonably tidy for a falcon, it was that green that shitloads of aus came in.

you're probably right

im just worried about getting wolf creek'ed, wake in freight'ed or walkabout'ed

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/edwardstown/cars-vans-utes/ford-au-futura-1-owner-36800km-lovely-car-very-rare/1105852693
>I know you can buy AUs for 2 grand but then spend 20k to make it as good as this one.
cough cough fatcunt cough

3 grand for a fucked fg is on the high side when you consider its done so many k's in a short amount of time.

its equiv to a 20 year old car having done 200k+ if you know what i mean.

Expect everything to be fucked unless its extremely mint.

Being a taxi tho it should be okay but its always a bit of a bargain bin sort of deal LOL mine was extremely fucked
>seats didnt work
>belts didnt work
>mold fuel and fur everywhere
At least everything else worked and the exterior was TRASHED

>a good AU is already collectable
top zoz

What the fuck

>au2
>40k genuine
>11k
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If it was a te50 or xr6 tickford with some options it would be worth something hell even a ghia vct but a fucking BASE spec futura?

HJAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Budget to replace the brakes (ideally with BF XR6T parts so they're not fucking useless), the center bearing + uni joints in the driveshaft, the wheel bearings at least in the front if not all round and possibly a newer gearbox if it's one of those shitty 5 speed autos, throw a cooler on it at least for skidz.

Otherwise, engine is bulletproof and 400,000km of taxi work is nothing for a barra and everything else should be fine. Shocks will be shit but should still work.

idk the interior looks pretty clean and the paint looks fine
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/renown-park/cars-vans-utes/ford-falcon/1121362930

holy fuck the neutral bombs my mate and I did in mine. Developed a huge trans issue in the end. My dad flogged it ever since he had it, he used to get the thing sideways taking me to school back when it was fairly new. I think I just finished it off

come on, you should buy it
10k is only half of what you spent on your last AU

Looks fine.

drop a lsd and a xr6t junkyard swap for $1000aud +tinnes and a afternoon and chuck skids for dayz

>Wanting r31 r32 r33
Do people actually think someone will swap them a skyline for an au falcon that looks thrashed?
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/flinders-park/cars-vans-utes/1999-au-falcon-for-swaps-eoi/1120251239

Well technically i didnt spend anything because its only centerlink money

alright mate, doesn't change that fact that you still spent $18k neetbux on a shitty AU falcon after crashing it into maccas then GAVE IT AWAY

>and a xr6t junkyard swap for $1000

Whoa boy, here we go.

isnt 18 grand like 3 years worth of centrelink money?
cunts a drug dealer for sure.

Someone should organise a Melb meet!
Not me cos i'm a shitcunt, but someone do it.

Question for the Sydney guys. Why are car drivers now rocking up to the old pac? Seems like car clubs and the like are fucking all over that road now. Where'd the interest come from?

It was a fucking turd want another 2000 word reply on what was wrong with it?

>Rebuild bottom end got fucked i didnt have the money to fix it
>??? else wrong with it probably gearbox and diff again + other shit like interior and rust
>Cosmetics trashed as in TOTALED trashed
>paint fucked
Seemed pretty stable but the electrics started dying like alternator, loom and other finnicky shit like abs and battery and nobody wanted to buy it so i got rid of it and adopted my mums thing which doesnt have anything wrong with it atm.
i was trying to be ironic/memey
i just hoarded like a motherfucker.

already blew 10k on the calais at least this year between odd jobs and advances.

>studying full time
>job provider says it's under a year course so apply for jobs
>while I'm studying
>they think I can be two places at once
>still expect me to rock up to their shitty appointments at 10am when I'm meant to be at school
So, it seems if your course is under a year long you can basically go fuck yourself and live in a gutter, I know they were cracking down on centrelink but fuck me

Not even for an XR, only a Tickford TE50 or TS50 could pull that sort of coin

AUs are so bad. Series 1 brake design warped calipers (which warps discs). It was so bad that they abandoned the design and went with a VT commodore type brake caliper with series 2.

This worked fine.

So for series 3 they went back to the series one design

its a nice, wholesome scenc drive
theres always heaps of "car people" on roads like it.

What kind of course would you take that is less than a year, unless you're husband is at work and your kids are at school

>It was a fucking turd want another 2000 word reply on what was wrong with it?
nah, just find it funny how your decision making is somehow worse than jimmy's

>already blew 10k on the calais at least this year
doing what? steering rack, 2k wheels, probably like 4 sets of rear tyres, cai mafless tune
is 10k including how much the car cost
surely those mods couldn't have come close to 10 grand

>So for series 3 they went back to the series one design
AHAHAHA really? what the fuck where they thinking

For the thread from yesterday about my Cam and Head package being done for my 2014 VF SS,

Not whatsoever technical so I wouldn't know the cam specs. I basically want a nice cam that'll give me good power down low as well as up high. Those giant cams that sound like the cars vomiting shit and about to stall at any moment make me want to neck whenever I hear them.

In relation to the headers,my tuner has contact with a US company who come down here often and offer custom mandrel bent extractors exactly to specification. Nothing to do with Xforce as another person was saying. Supposedly better quality and power outputs than Hurricane's and Pacey's. I'll find everything out in a weeks time. Very keen for it.

i doubt SA meets will happen ever again
that lexcen guy keeps posting and telling others to smash up jimmy and his car

>tfw you will never be as bad at cars as Falcunt and Jimmy

Feels pretty good, mane.

My favorite ford aus moment came with the BA.

Where they forgot to put anything to hold the fucking steering rack bolts in so they had to do a recall and now 99% of BAs, you put them on a hoist and the fucking rack bolts have a puddle of weld on them.
You know, so they don't fall out.

Absolutely pathetic.

Then you see the size of the fucking FG XR6T stock brakes and find out why the cops demanded FPV brembos.

>It was so bad that they abandoned the design and went with a VT commodore type brake caliper with series 2.
ironically ford havent really supported anything under the au2-bf since 2008 and then infamously shitcanned the falcon this year

a shame really because they arent bad cars (except the AU1-1.5 they are fucked) at their core they just needed more attention than they got.

Lets be honest most of their owners drove them into the ground so a fairly clean unfucked one is rare albeit fucking worthless
Give comp cams a call.

Why not just whack a xforce in for the exhaust? My mechanic just did and they are cheap and sound good even the steel ones in 2.5"

Get cheap cats/extractors and you're laughing dont get memed into 'custom' fab ls headers when even rhd ones for a dunnydoor are cheap and common as fuck belive me its not worth it.

Headers are pretty much all the same unless you purely after cosmetics in which case go for it
Explain? I wasnt around for this autism at the time
it will be close to 10k at the end of the year when i finally get work and chuck a cam + rebuild in the poor old bugger she has 220k on her and 20k from me is like 200k in a normal car milage ai

Pics?

God thats fucked i know everyone here hates the AU2+ but at least they left the factory fairly straight as far as things like that are concerned

Why wouldn't you just get headers made?

It's not rocket science, longest tubes possible while still maintaining a long collector and now you can afford a more aggressive tune because the headers will be boosting the torque down low

>Explain? I wasnt around for this autism at the time

something like
>jimmy returns for 2 or 3 meets
>all new anons at meet including one lexcen
>lexcen goes full autist and hates jimmy?
>has been posting about wanting to smash up jimmys car and tells others to smash it up

>>So for series 3 they went back to the series one design
>AHAHAHA really? what the fuck where they thinking

Classic Ford

Dis.

Plus shows like hot rod garage pointed out that header 'design' is bullshit especially for the larger 1" 7/8+ ones

Just get premade 2" ones call it a day
Thats fucked i'd just fuck lexcen up on pricipal.

I'd fight cunts up and down the block but i NEVER touch someones car EVER even neibhors that i hate.

its like killing someones dog even if it barks 24/7 and bites you it just feels wrong yaknow?Cost cutting.

Pretty sure 2002-2003 was a low year for fords sales here especially where not good considering the vt-vy sold like hot sex

yeah i get hating someone and shit but fucking up a guys car is a major cunt move. i'd never do it to anyone.

>Keep in the shed
>make money
>au dickford
>rare
Kek

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/lismore/cars-vans-utes/2002-ford-falcon-auiii-xr8-pursuit-250-blue-5-speed-manual-utility/1107494931

i cant wait for the fucking stupid boomers to die off and have their stupid gen y children to sell these 'priceless' cars for $500 and a pack of durries

Yeah, I'll be going with Comp Cams most likely. It's got the full 2.5" Polished SS system in it right now, 4-1 3/4" w/ 2.5" cats. I'm not really bothered going to a 3" catback, I don't feel I need to wake the entire block up.

It's not the first time he's gotten this stuff, it's not a big deal to me honestly. I'm happy no matter what it's running although I'm always up for better quality.

That's what they'll be doing.

lexcen guy didn't do shit
some butthurt fag from some state that doesn't have meets held is just trying to stir shit and force memes

i know part of Veeky Forums and all of /dat/ basically hates me (or at least the Veeky Forums perception of me) but i'd NEVER ever fuck with someones elses car
Sounds like theres always one of those fuckers in every meet/group ever
3" is pretty useless unless you're pushing 400hp+ or going forced

Sounds nice pics please

Fixing a problem and then going back to the same problem is not cost cutting, its testicle cutting

So minus Jimmy and the Toyota commodore bloke?

Blame Ford Global because i bet you they started gutting the aussie arm as soon as the yank one started floundering

>shit sales worldwide
>shit everything
>???
>look at poor little ford au
>???
>gut a nice but underfunded car
Im suprised the FG even got made after 2006-2008 lets be honest it was touch and go