Brit/o/ Drag Meet/Camping

What is it:

We're all going to meet at the Shakespeare County Raceway for the Late Summer Madness Public Track Weekend ( shakespearecountyraceway.com/eventdetails.asp?event=86 )

so basically pissing about with cars, drinking, BBQ and camping if you want to.

Address:
Shakespeare County Raceway
Long Marston Airfield
Stratford-Upon-Avon
Warwickshire
CV37 8LL

When is it:
23rd - 25th (24th/25th is the track weekend) but if you want to camp you can arrive late on the 23rd to set up

>Sounds tip top, how do I join?
Just add yourself to the document, we want to get an idea of how many are wanting to go so we can book ourselves as a club

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13HXG2cQcV-eVX9RxBaCP0vMdbeFoTepw2RxqT6TQoKA/edit#gid=0

>What about staying in contact with the people that are going?
Just use slack, use a burner email ( guerrillamail.com/ ) and put it in the document or post it and one of us will invite you

Other urls found in this thread:

carandclassic.co.uk/car/C756293
carandclassic.co.uk/car/C775434
ebay.co.uk/itm/Mitsubishi-Starion-/152146111087?hash=item236c9d6a6f:g:zI0AAOSwXshWsRur
ebay.co.uk/itm/291835761045?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&autorefresh=true
ebay.co.uk/itm/152209104050
youtube.com/watch?v=-xB05MAw52g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Posting brit related content

This is what the end of the fire up lane/start of a drag strip looks like, although SCR is a lot smaller and less strict than Santa Pod.

>not coming to drag meet in a suit and tie and then fixing Sam's car for an unfair advantage in the judging

Make sure to bring your hawaiian shirt

Reminder that we'll also be need for speeding a corsa up

Didn't make the last meet a couple of months ago, but might come to this one!

Anyone go to Mini In The Park at SP last weekend? I have loads of pictures if anyone wants to see some of the best ones.

Post them up buddy

Daily reminder that FF is exceedingly shit

Just got my first car last weekend, so i guess i should come along to this meet. Probably will be the slowest shitbox there though.

>is it an Austin Metro?
>no it's a Geo Metro

As long as you enjoy cars and banter you are welcome to join

Don't bring that. You'll give Charlie PTSD.

FUCK YOU

Thanks user.
Who is Charlie?

Charlie had a justy that was cursed and sucked up money, also I swear he was a child actor in Charlie and the chocolate factory but took a turn for a worst as he is now addicted to vehicles

>Just got my first car
>JUSTy

huehue

Dat Suzuki badge tho

Charlie is the well-spoken young gentleman in He bought a Justy which broke down on the way home, and then proceeded to destroy his soul with rear subframe rust and a broken fuel system.

It was then sold for £80-odd just so he didn't have to see the unspeakable beast again.

Muh bros.

What engine, then? G13B?

933cc's of POWAH (rad: G10).

Should be bags of aftermarket for that car desu. They all rusted away but they were yout cars in their day

Post an email so we can invite you to the Slack chat

>bags of aftermarket

Not really, certainly not in the UK. You can get lowering springs & shocks and there are some polyurethane bushes on Ebay but that's about it so far as I can tell.

The meet is a long ass way from where I live so I can't make it. Plus the seats in these cars hurt my back after a hundred miles or so :(

A G13B swap will net you twin cams and more than enough horsepower for such a small car. Then spend all of the rest of your money on rust removal.

What time are we all getting there if we're coming on the Friday? do I have to camp if I arrive on friday?

Gates open at 6, I'd imagine most of use will turn up when we get their, hopefully we'll have club camping so it'll be easy to find each other

We will definitely have club camping providing there's enough people going. It's something I'll phone and confirm with the venue early September.

Looks nicer than mine. Some idiot previous owner put tons of scratches around every single key hole. Hopefully i can remove them.

That's why you don't put stupid dangly metal shit on your keys. I'll probably be installing a cheap remote kit soon anyway.

Whoever made that image, well done. I love it.

>cheap remote kit
Where can i get one of those? Not having remote locking is a pain in the ass.

Not worth it, another thing to go wrong

>tfw no Bedford Rascal to bring to the meet

>tfw American bro's don't bump the thread above shitposts

Should mail some swift parts stateside, get the geo scene up and runnin

Why is everything but the small hatchback dead lads? Lelica's mine, but look at everything else.

Hatchbacks are so based, screw these 4 door cars taking up room

Small houses and small roads, also jews

No, we had saloons and estates and coupes and shit before, it's onyl since 2005 where they've all died out.

I knew I'd encounter the fabled rascal poster soon enough...
Blame the scrapage scheme, young motorists writing off cool cars into trees and insurers subsequently cucking young motorists into 900cc hatchbacks

Toyota Yaris(Vitz) detected.

I see you hiding there you sneaky little shit.

>american '''''''''bros''''''''''

Alright. Got about 6k for a """"new car"""". I'm a 20 year old Scot near Glasgow, in pretty much one of the worst places in the country to insure. Any half decent crapheaps brit/o/ would recommend? Should I just go for something like Classic Car insurance to stop getting bollocked for being a young driver without a No Claims?

Oh they know about my car. I posted photos and specs on the Geo Metro Forum a while back and I think a few of them might have actually pawed at their monitors.

>I'm a 20 year old
>Classic Car insurance

I think you might struggle to get classic insurance at 20. But worth a look in any case if you fancy a car made before 1996.

It's been before 1986 for me. I don't think I've ever actually seen any old cars that are possible to be insured in that range.

But honestly, I've seen cars that were surprisingly cheap to insure; Old British roadsters and the like that don't seem to be effected to the hit sports cars take. I really just want something that isn't hideous, is RWD and is fun around the corners.

Or maybe I'm getting too memey. Ah well, I've got half a mind to buy a trabi and roll with that.

We need more bikes in here

Forgot to add that it's next month, I'll edit it into the image for next thread

My classic insurance is super cheap with my multiple points and accidents, but the car is a 76 and I'm 25

I'm actually looking at things from the seventies. My real concern is getting something that's both old and sort of cheap. So I really have to look at something that's got a crappy reputation and therefore depreciated like a fiat in the rain.

What have you got anyway, anything interesting?

I looked at getting a Morris Marina for my first car and the insurance was £400 a year, probably because nobody wants them. The problem is finding a car that old that isnt complete shit.

Dolomite 1500. Most classics are cheaper than you think. Stuff that isn't (Assuming good condition);
-Anything that was remotely sporty at the time
-Roadster/Vert
-Coupe
-Top trim

That's actually really helpful. I'm glad you mentioned a Dolomite too, since I really like the styling of most Triumphs. Probably is that there aren't really too many for sale in Scotland, so I'd probably have to wander the midlands for things like; carandclassic.co.uk/car/C756293

>auction
I'm wary of those. I want this
carandclassic.co.uk/car/C775434

I'd go for that if I was further south. Sadly there aren't many classic car scenes around here that I can actually afford.

You will have to travel. It's inevitable. We have the opposite problem down where I am in that it's the Southeast, so everything is overpriced.

>you will never hang out with buddies at a drag strip eating barbecue and talking cars
It doesn't have to be this way, Britfags

Are skodas a decent runabout car to get to work and back?

Should be fine. They're just VAG stuff after all and VW only make commuter cars :^)

>cheeky McDonald's breakfast after a night shift

Feels good man

DISGUSTING

Mackies brekky is the one after late night touge

>tfw woke up too late for maccas breakfast

Better luck next time!

There's always tomorrow m8

I will be up too early for macca's breakfast tomorrow :(

RIP

What's the earliest time they start breakfast?

Who gives a fuck, where can I buy a Mitsubishi Starion?

ebay.co.uk/itm/Mitsubishi-Starion-/152146111087?hash=item236c9d6a6f:g:zI0AAOSwXshWsRur

FUCK

You have to buy it now desu

ebay.co.uk/itm/291835761045?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&autorefresh=true

Lads, what do you think about this SW20?

I get the feeling it's overpriced to fuck, but it's so nice...

I'm pretty sure I saw this car on ebay last year but for around £11k instead

It's so nice and so clean, plus it's the GT. The price seems fair see as it's pretty damn immaculate

ebay.co.uk/itm/152209104050 Do I go for it lads?

Fuck yes m8.

At that price, yes!

Price seems right at least for an asking price. The car obviously belonged to someone who loved it.

If you want an SW20 you can definitely do worse. Go have a look at it. Drive it.

Extra cool imo
Always buy these cars on condition, not mileage. The condition of that looks pretty fantastic, though.
6 I think.

Ludicrously overpriced for what it is, but they are super rare

C A R S

P E D S

N A T I O N A L R A I L

S T A G E C O A C H

Me again . Can someone send me another invite to the slack chat? Didnt realise the email dissapears after an hour.
[email protected]

>[email protected]
invited

[email protected]

Can I get a quick one as well? I meant to way back before the first meet but was too dumb to use a temp mail.

P.s if you don't get an email make sure to untick the anonymous box on guerrilla mail

bless Harambe

DOLLY BROKE DOWN OH NO

>DOLLY BROKE DOWN OH NO
Get rekt faget

>tfw Soph might not come to this meet either

brit/o/ is dead to me now

>implying soph won't be coming
>implying the meet isn't sponsored by eurocarparts and heineken
Fuck you dolly hater

Fuck me work is shit. I just want to jump in my car and drive off

youtube.com/watch?v=-xB05MAw52g

The man himself is coming to the drag?