pastebin.com/NhBwT5Zk
Gamescom info:
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

Citizencon countdown:
>timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?p0=137&iso=20161009T15&msg=CitizenCon '16

>Current update
>Next update?
PTU mid/late October "Maybe" rumours persist it is with evocati now.
Latest ATV:
youtu.be/_7GG0y8Jmcs

Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

>Gamescom info
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IQQRNuB1uEc&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=oNnU0AY-FO0
youtube.com/watch?v=nS0nmY9qJ3k
robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Upgrades/F7C-M-Super-Hornet-To-Sabre-Upgrade
youtube.com/watch?v=vQqCPRX_D6A
youtube.com/watch?v=yY8_cO4Eun8
youtube.com/watch?v=T_RcEsA4YBI
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14532-Galactic-Guide-Accelerated-Mass-Design
reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/55k62j/so_just_picked_up_a_asus_pg279q_my_wallet_is/
youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ
robertsspaceindustries.com/community/citizen-spotlight/6020-The-Divisions-Of-Fractured
twitter.com/AnonBabble

xth for Best ship.

ᶠᵃˢᵗ

wrong

A slow merchantman isn't the best ship.

Here's best ship.

IT GOES FAST

Ship best

:^)

I really don't get why they're giving the 300 series such shit agility. Their big thing besides "Muh space BMW" was suppose to be fantastic maneuvering.

Also, what the fuck would the Carrack or Polaris be on this scale? PRE: 10 SCM: 25 AB: 65 CRU: 1200 Pitch:5 Roll:5 Yaw:5?

It will be a overprice glorified Constellation Taurus with a bit more cargo room by the time it's ready

So that skin was an exclusive for SXSW 2015 and yet it's still in the store...

>wrong
It'll be bigger than the Starfarer.

I'll be able to slave the cutlass turret to my point and shootan right? I want to be able to effectively use that ship solo since it'd make a great bounty hunting vessel that can be equipped for exploration/long space travel. The FAS is still my ship of choice in ED simply because it does everything but focuses on combat.

How will it be a good BH ship if you can't chase down fighters in SCM?

Afterburner is staying mostly the same. Accompanied manoeuvrability adjustment is probably going to be the thing which will hurt racing the most initially (for ships that aren't the m50).
These changes are mostly directed at improving combat anyway, and there's a mini-PU race course scheduled for inclusion at GRIM-HEX at some point which will take advantage of cruise mode being enabled and new checkpoint/obstacle positions.
I can't even remember if CRU is available in the racing sim. Whatever.

Racing is the second most abandoned game mode after Capture The Core, which is a total fucking joke and has been since its inception. The most fun I ever had in CTC was when we did some $75 max total cost equivalent matches and I turned up with an Aurora with stupid weapons I had XML-rigged on there.

Pic semi related. Also this: youtube.com/watch?v=IQQRNuB1uEc&feature=youtu.be

So why isn't the Omega not just called the Gamma + AMD skin?

Depends on what it looks like when the final build comes out and they fine tune the ship speeds. Like the FAS isn't a fast ship but it's afterburner boost speeds are ridiculous for what it is so if SC goes the same route it would be viable. That and all the features that make it built for hunting (dedicated boarding, large storage area, blue comes with cells already, decently powerful weapons and shields, good maneuverability for size).

Though mostly speculation I'd agree that speed is going to be the final question when the game releases and balances occur. Planet or station bounty hunting would be an issue to remember as well and the cutlass can facilitate a lot of that with space to store a variety of weapons for the job.

>Take advantage of cruise mode

SPACE DANDY SYSTEM WIDE RACE WHEN?

>that quote
What the fuck? I quoted

So why exactly does the Aurora even exist?
>Can't dogfight, hard to kill most ships (20+ seconds of continuous accurate fire with no misses) and downright impossible to kill a Sabre
>Can't carry cargo
>Shit for exploring due to poor scanner and quantum drive
>Only useful role is to fucking ram people in bigger ships as kamikaze attacks for your corporation or to troll, killing them and you

Because it's cheap so you can zerg people
It can carry cargo it goes under it

Sabre is just L I T E R A L L Y broken unless they've fixed it very recently, and even if they have there's currently no disadvantage to using the strongest ships (costs) like there will be

Aurora LN can murder shit.

I have one, still pretty shitty and the other types are completely obsolete

If you can't dogfight in an Aurora then you're just using other ships as a crutch to make up for your lack of skill, friend.

They are currently functionally identical, true, but according to a bunch of lore somewhere the Omega is supposed to be a ready-tuned-up Gamma, (not sure for what type of racing, endurance, drag-racing or whatever) and that second intake on the bottom with its accompanying engine feed systems is supposed to have a "materials cost equal to an entire stock Gamma chassis" or something. It was in one of the jump points IIRC. I'll have a look on the wiki and see if I can find the exact reasoning.

There's a reason it's called Black. A lot of the component names and lore around it imply it will be a relatively stealthy ship. That and the fact it comes with suckerpunch distortion cannons stock for disabling shit, and the Blue was used as the equivalent of a police truck for carting prisoners around (in conjunction with Avengers which presumably intercepted people before they swapped to the m50).

Who knows though. The whole bounty-hunting mechanic is still yet to be fleshed out and it's not unreasonable to think that unless you get a zillion more credits for capturing someone alive that most people won't just decide to stuff a missile up the bounty's exhaust port and collect the diffuse DNA fragments from their hull as evidence of a kill.

It's cheap as fuck and fast to replace. It's a basic bitch backup ship. Also what said.

You can replace the turret with a flashfire specialty mount and slap a s5 gun on it

What happens if i replace the ship i got from my game package using the ship upgrader?

Will that fuck everything up?

Nothing. Your ship gets upgraded, your package stays the same. Also you'll keep whatever insurance you had from the old ship.

Ur package will increase invalue and the original ship will be replaced. The new ship will have the unsirance of the old ship

flashfire mount hasn't worked for months. And I seriously doubt Ben will ever let the Cutlass mount a S5 no mater what the sizing rules say.

Will a system intentionally made to upgrade your ship fuck up?

You need to ask us this? No. Just ask us what ship you should upgrade to.

They're not obsolete silly, the MR goes slightly faster (if leakbro imagestats are to be believed), the CL has more cargo, the LX is c o m f i e r and comes with a jump drive stock. The ES is the basic hull, and is obsolete, sure, but that's like saying the titan is Obsolete compared to the Stalker.

Agreed. From one of the better Aurora pilots:
Stock loadout footage youtube.com/watch?v=oNnU0AY-FO0

Ballistic meme build youtube.com/watch?v=nS0nmY9qJ3k

Both quite old and before the Sabroken was in but whatever. It's a utility ship in a game where most of the current mechanics focus around combat. Hell, the only other starter is supposed to be a better choice for combat, but it does lack missiles.

The ship in the package changes to a different ship. No you won't fuck anything up. Your selection of hangars may change and the insurance will stay the same.

Check the insurance and upgrade FAQs on the official site and leddit if you want more info.

Why is reddit still a taboo topic?
Ive been starting using leddit last month when i first fell for scamcitizen. Their topics are organized and helpful. Didnt see any of the "le"s that everyone was cringing about a couple of years ago.

I was worried cause i have the hornet package from the original crowdfunding drive, which i upgraded to a super hornet when it was first announced (which got me the pistol and other bullshit)

I was worried that if i upgrade the super hornet it would fuck everything up.

I was thinking of upgrading it because i play with a joystick so a turret-focused super hornet is not very fun to fly.

Consider upgrading to the Sabre, you cam mount 4x fixed s3 guns on it and it's nimble as fuck.

Check their comment section. Anything that goes against CR, SC or anything thats generally negative is downvoted into hell. It's also filled to the brim with No-Fun-Allowed Dad-gamers.

because its a starter ship retarded nigger? You get it? STARTER SHIP

That was the idea yeah

robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Upgrades/F7C-M-Super-Hornet-To-Sabre-Upgrade

Flashfire mounts were just introduced, I'm sure they'll be fixed soon

This, it's fine to lurk for information but there's no reason to post there

Alright. Didnt notice the downvote system since i only looked for answers to specific questions.

Is there any reason to keep a super hornet if you're a joystick user?

It seems way too turret/gimbal focused, which for a joystick is suffering

There are two additional examples of system wide races that I can think of, but there must be more.

Voyager, Drive
youtube.com/watch?v=vQqCPRX_D6A

SG1, Space Race
youtube.com/watch?v=yY8_cO4Eun8

I cant vouch for the quality of ether of those clips.

You could mount all fixed guns, you can put a fixed S3 on the canard mount and a S4 on the ball turret.

They saind in the last RtV that bigger ships would barely see any changes in their speeds since they are pretty accurate already.

I like the concept of them being dangerous. Instead of just a generic course, you get to deal with the course, the participates and potential outside forces. Those drones in the stargate video you linked, or the Tusken Raiders in Ep 1

youtube.com/watch?v=T_RcEsA4YBI

>Only video I can find is some alternate ending low quality shit

Check out /r/hailcorporate some time.

It's not even that they do downvote shit, it's that the downvote system is inherently and purposefully broken beyond reproach.

Downvotes are anonymous self-affirming community-based censorship for the direct promotion of the development of a hivemind of sycophants to sell products to using viral advertising.

Imagine if people on Veeky Forums had the power to make your text smaller if they didn't like your opinion, and there was nothing you could do about it short of using alt-accounts which you would get banned for using if you were ever found out.

"comment scored below threshold"

Now imagine the kind of worthless spineless community that grows up using such a system, and think about how generally polarised any issue gets on reddit, to the point where different PRO SKUB ANTI SKUB subs form and having a comment in one subreddit immediately disqualifies your account from being listened to seriously in another subreddit.

Why? So now there are two markets to appeal to.

It's fucking cancer.

/rant

Just double-check you won't lose the pistol and shit first. Someone else is bound to have asked the same question before on the forums or elsewhere. I think you'd keep it since they're separate items.

Forgot to respond to this. Wasn't there a recent community-organised long-distance race? Might have been MVP or something. Maybe it was a combat tournament instead. Can't remember.

Would be cool if a community long distance race has players at each 'checkpoint' telling you where the next one was so you had to plan jumps on the fly

They could even make them riddles to be complete dicks

Agreed, but in the case of Star Citizen I use it to stay up to date on all the recent big news, it's good for just that.

>The most notable feature of the AMD-exclusive spacecraft, dubbed the Mustang Omega, was the addition of a ramped-up fuel intake for faster hydrogen recycling. This allows the Mustang to ‘double down’ on the existing boost system, enhancing its overall straight speed. Some critics have claimed that the standard Mustang racer, the Gamma, is simply a ‘cut down’ version of AMD’s Omega. The truth is that the Gamma and the Omega were developed independently, and the existence of the Gamma in the first place likely owes itself to AMD’s desire to be associated with racing. (It is also worth noting that the materials cost of the enhanced boost system equal almost the entire hull of the Mustang Gamma.)

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14532-Galactic-Guide-Accelerated-Mass-Design

Right, but evocati info is banned.

Reminder that according to Derek, literally every person or company that's ever had dealings with CIG and is not currently at this very moment working with them, had a falling out with them and wants nothing to do with them ever again

Evocati info is interesting for all of 5 minutes until it's been updated and changes drastically
BOING! This just in, Evocati patch is crashing on launch

>aurora zerg

will there really be org wars big enough where logistics (ship resupply) really matters enough so everyone doesn't just use their special snowflake p2w ship? I doubt it

It'll be org wars where the cheapest ship, the Aurora ES without a jump drive, will be able to be used for zerg tactics with NPC pilots

So, would horizons be worth it by the time the autumn or winter sales come along?

m50 is the real zergling

It's still interesting and can inform people of how CIG are doing balance passes, or where to look for further issues once a patch releases to other players.

Look back a thread or two, someone correctly made the assumption that even though larger ships went faster in CRU, it took them way longer to accelerate to that speed.

Thanks for the info though.

fucking this

M50s, or even better, Xi'an scouts, will be the go-to swarm-ish tactice vehicle of SC. A group of 10 or 12 organized dudes in M50s will be the death of most ships after a while.

nope,probably 50+ ships will be an overkill

I think this is where CIG will really fuck up, sadly

nah khartu too expensive for swarm

with the new speeds the fast ships arent anymore fast, sure they still are the fastest but aiming and sniping them is easy

It's funny because this came from 4chain

>buys 144hz G-Sync monitor for game that only runs 20fps

reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/55k62j/so_just_picked_up_a_asus_pg279q_my_wallet_is/

Is this thing even loaded?

>via 9fag

quantum drive yourself into a sun

>I typically get 50-60 FPS in PU

lel

So, the Polaris will be on sale during CitizenCon, is it likely anything else will be on sale / made available?

I get like 80-100fps outside the PU. And I saved like $300 by not getting the g sync bullshit. worth it imo

just hope 3.0 unfucks the MMO parts

Military ship packs. Discounted multi ship packs that include Lti if sold with the polaris. Cheaper packs will be available too. They come with a free game package

Interdsasting, is it likely there will be nice peasant options on upgrades / ships?

Expect combat ship ccus, Vanguard variants... Maybe limited F7a lookalike hull sale

s-space plinkett citizen

youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ

I'm just about finished with this. He rambles a bit at the first hour

can anyone remove the logo from the scientists chest i want to use it for my org

there you go m8

horizons on sale in the steam store afaik

thanks

I'm gonna use this for my org too. Looks pretty sweet. And you didnt make it, so you can fuck off. I've been looking for something like this for my science corporation.

From someone who doesn't suck ass.

Fuck off! robertsspaceindustries.com/community/citizen-spotlight/6020-The-Divisions-Of-Fractured

why are you fighting over this stupid ugly shity jpg? I don't get it

whos fighting

>primarch
modern day 40kfags really should gas themselves

That's worry or shock, not disinterest

i didn't name it... here have another inappropriate filename

i think its fear

I know right, the corpse emperor is just so shit

So is it fair to say that game production has improved since picrelated has taken a back seat?

What the goss on him secret agent?

IN

WEST

Is that an old screenshot? I don't recognise that weird jetpack thing.

one of the production dudes in a recent interview mentioned emailing ben and other people about the big picture design stuff so I don't see how he has taken a back seat(s)

There's nothing to indicate he's taken a backseat in development, but the community/videos have improved immensely since he got sick and CIG found out the videos are so much better when he isn't taking up half the screen.

Alium marketplace when?

Holy shit, that spacesuit is fucking retarded

I wonder how feasible it is to hope for some heavily detailed/populated cities/settlements. Arc Corp is looking decent already but it's nowhere near the level of say Novigrad. I wonder of it's unrealistic to expect anything of that size/detail/quality, or should we be expecting civilization to be more similar to Deus Ex Human Revolution