LMTV

So I might be able to get a LMTV for cheap, but I need to decide soon.

I'm from SC, so there's not a lot of open country for off roading, but mudding is popular, so I'm sure I can find fun shit to do with it.

Should I go for it? My mom told me it'd be sub-$1,000 and that sounds crazy to me. But I won't know for sure until tomorrow.

Anybody else own surplus military vehicles?

Other urls found in this thread:

expeditersonline.com/forums/threads/non-cdl-with-air-brakes.21486/
youtube.com/watch?v=h99gUlJB1Gc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You are a dickless faggot with no testicles if you don't buy that motherfucker for 1000 or less.

Pretty sure you will need class bs in order to operate it.on public roads.

I'll look into it, but my driver'slicense says I'm good up to 26,000 lbs, and the LMTV's gvwr is around 22k

Just talked to my dad, who confirmed it's about $500.

Thank you unscrupulous government agencies.

Guess I have to pull the trigger on this.

Do it, become a god of both Veeky Forums and /k/

just dont use a trip, nigger

Do it. Even if it's complete shit you can have some giggles for 500 pesos

It could have a gvwr of 500 lbs but you will still need class bs for air brakes.

It will ride like total shit, get a very cushy seat. It'll be impractical to haul shit in without additional machinery for loading because deck height and it won't be "fun" offroad because of weight but for $500 I can't imagine why you wouldn't buy it, it'd be worth much more than that as scrap.

DO IT BITCH

You may know better than me, but I found this thread on a trucker forum:

expeditersonline.com/forums/threads/non-cdl-with-air-brakes.21486/

And their concensus seemed to be

>they just put "no airbrake" if you fail that portion or don't test with a truck that has them.
That applies to you if you only have a class C license.

I'll never understand civilians wanting these pieces of shit.

>disgruntled Army guy

I have a Florida Class E license
"Any non-commercial vehicle with a GVWR less than 26,001 lbs. or any RV"
It lists no restrictions.

I figure I'll just cross that bridge when I come to it.

I mean I'm familiar with air brakes, I have a 10k fork truck license, and those have air brakes.

Put a refrigerator in it and register it as an RV.

So I watched this video and I was definitely correct in my estimation of no fun offroad

youtube.com/watch?v=h99gUlJB1Gc

It's crazy big though and presumably has the sky as a weight limit so I would build a fucking house on it including a garage with a quad, a couple dirtbikes or maybe a rail buggy in it.

wait im new , is that seriously just $500 for a truck?
is it non functioning or anything or is there anything im missing because 500$ for a truck?

Surplus, Baby. If you have the right connections to get the shit before some middle man jacks it up, it's practically free.

Pretty much this. Not exactly a public offer.

Damn i never knew you could get a 10 ton truck for the price of a phone, wish i knew those kinds of people

You should definitely get it. Even if you don't go off roading in it, it is still a blast to drive. You will get many looks and thumbs up just heading down the street to get ice cream at Dairy Queen. $500 for an LMTV is an EXCELLENT deal. If you don't buy it, I will. Just expect to spend more in tools, but maintenance is 'easy' as there are thousands of pages of technical documents on the truck. Everything is fairly accessible on the truck, but as you can imagine, a lot of parts are much heavier than their automobile counterpart.