Why is the caprice only made in austrailia

why is the caprice only made in austrailia

why is it only a police vehicle

i want one REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Other urls found in this thread:

carscoops.com/2016/08/this-is-what-happens-when-icon-get.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>le epic frog scream

why do you need a police car, user? are you compensating for something?

>tfw you will probably never see a rwd sedan from GM again after the SS runs its course

Fuck you chevy! Just sell the commodore with the 2.0t and 3.6 V6. Don't let the rwd sedan die!

I don't want the police car I just want the car with a normal paintjob.

It's like owning a crown vic.

Isn't the SS the same car, only with more modern bumpers and interior?

>tfw you will probably never see a rwd sedan from GM again after the SS runs its course

>why is the caprice only made in austrailia

I assume because that was the only other 4-door Zeta plant. there was another plant in Canada that built Zeta cars (camaro) but that is a 2-door.

>why is it only a police vehicle

It was meant to be a fleet-only vehicle. Picture related is what you will recognize as the "Impala" that rode on the W-body platform before it switched to Epsilon II platform. The W-body is still being sold (i think) along side the new Impala but you probably don't see them on dealerships new anymore because their sold as Fleet-only like the Caprice.

They very-well could've sold this to civilians but i guess they figured it'd be a waste of time as people probably wouldn't pay extra to buy what was basically a more expensive mid-size Sedan than the W-body impala. From what i heard Police like them but the problem is that they aren't made here and are more expensive to buy/repair than the standard Charger/Crown vics that are made here and replacement parts exist by the millions.

They could've built them in the same plant as the Camaro i guess to make things cheaper and easier and probably would've warranted selling to Civilians as an actual dressed up car with some decent luxury features otherwise i think these were mostly bare-bones with cloth-only seats and less creature comforts than the W-body cars or even the Crown Vic.

no. different body style completely

What is almost every single car made my Cadillac for 500, Trebec?

should have said chevy instead of GM, my bad

There's no way you're that much of a badgewhore to ignore the CTS/ATS (the best sedan from a US manufacturer) because they say Cadillac instead of Chevy, when they are owned by the company

its not being a badge whore. I'm just not a huge fan of the styling of the ATS or CTS

who gives a shit about the styling? the mere fact that the Alpha platform exists should be enough

GM is too busy moving our plant to fucking mexico. why would they bring more vehicle assembly there?

once the truck plant shut down the only thing they really make there are the camaros and i think the equinox.

source: I live 5 minutes away from the GM plant

Cars GM makes in America:
Chevrolet Cruze
Chevrolet Sonic
Buick Verano
Chevrolet Traverse
GMC Acadia
Buick Enclave
Chevrolet Volt
Buick LaCrosse
Chevrolet Equinox
GMC Terrain
Chevrolet Silverado
GMC Sierra
GMC Yukon
Cadillac Escalade
Cadillac ATS
Cadillac CTS
Chevrolet Camaro
Cadillac CT6
Cadillac XT5
Chevrolet Impala
Chevrolet Malibu

Mfw I have the 2001 version before they became pigfat in 2003+

Hah in Australia the caprice is a luxury limousine based of the SS

Pic is HSV Grange (Caprice with 340kw LS3)

WH caprice/statesman ??

So they can sell the SS and ATS/CTS

im also mad theyre doing this, id be happy with a 35K LS3 big sedan, but now I have to wait till the SS's lose value next year

It's actually based off the Calais, not the ss.

You can get a v6 caprice

Nah the baby version

Calais which is just a SWB version

Wish i had the bigger/better LS but the old 225 gen 3 is gud

when a chevy caprice

carscoops.com/2016/08/this-is-what-happens-when-icon-get.html

You too could have a grand tourer, muscle car, sports car and skid machine all in one if you lived in Straya...

And a commercial load carrier!

If only in murica. settled with an el camino.

Isn't the Calais just a tarted-up Commodore?

The Caprice and Statesman were models with a longer wheelbase.

>the best sedan from a US manufacturer

You rang?

Buy a Chevrolet SS before they stop making it because people like you never bought it.

The fuck? I could've sworn I saw one a few weeks back it was a police car from another county driving through. I didn't know what it was, well i knew it wad a chevy but i never seen that particular one before, but it looked JUST like that. I'm from the US.

The VT with the light bar ??

They're sold in America as the Chevrolet Caprice PPV. PPV stands for Police Patrol Vehicle, so that should tell you the only people allowed to buy them.

They're RWD, based on the Zeta platform, and engines are either a 300 HP 3.6L V6 or a 370 HP 6.0L V8. The cars are built in Australia where it's been known as the Holden Caprice for years.

That's a funny looking Ford.

What car is that? An exterior with simple clean lines.

Cadillac ATS. Available in 2.5L, 2.0L Turbo, 3.6L V6, or 3.6L Twin Turbo.
There's a 2 door coupe too.