/gowg/ - Gears of War General #1

Genesis Edition

Welcome to the Gears of War General. Here we discuss all things Gears, including the games, expanded universe, and state of the franchise.

>Current Developer Blog: Achievements and Gear Packs
gearsofwar.com/en-us/developerblog/7/achievementsreveal

>Information on Horde 3.0
gearsofwar.com/en-us/developerblog/6/returnofhorde

>Information on Multiplayer Progression System
gearsofwar.com/en-us/developerblog/5/gears4legacy

Gears of War 4 Launches October 11th. Ultimate Edition owners can start playing October 7th.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/f9HCYCP
gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/98be6d5e03f642a5b8b561883802d401/threads/gears-of-war---elo-ranking-system-edit-now-includes-punish-system/c75e9903-572b-4b6c-964a-fca20a710856/posts
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st Ever for Retro Lancer > Gears 1 Hammerburst > Lancer > Gears 2/3 Hammerburst

There's people that think otherwise?

1st pic ever for best weapon skin

What is this?
A lancer for ants?

THE COLE TRAIN RUNS ON WHOLE GRAIN BABY, WOOOO

LOOK AT ALL DAT JUICE!

Post yfw they kill both Marcus and Cole in Gears 4

So... the imolsion was alive the whole time?

Karin Travis

No one knows.

>yfw they are the only ones to survive

Yes we do.
They literally say that the planet was rebelling against war and the polution

Fuck man, I fucking love short and sweet OPs that don't take 10 hours to read.

How many threads until this general falls victim?

REMEMBER TO INCLUDE THIS LINK IN ALL GENERALS STARTING NOW!

Official Discord server for Gears of War for both both boards.

discord.gg/f9HCYCP

>Official
>/v/
Eh, Idk man...

They do? I dont remember. Its been years since I played.

You're both half right
They don't "literally" say it, but it's heavily implied

I changed the name, I only had it set that way because that was the only place I could post and get people in. Now that we have the Veeky Forums going I hope we can grow from there. Both /v/ and Veeky Forums is welcome, not going to tag the server to a specific name anymore.

B-but... arnt we supposed to hate /v/?

>talking on the microphone on gears with losers from Veeky Forums

no thanks i'm too shy for that

Is it worth it?

Hey, what was the Best Buy preorder bonus again?

>Hey, what was the Best Buy preorder bonus again?
Don't you start

We play video games, I think the board wars is kinda stupid.

Lol, shit talking and having a chill time is what Gears is all about. Hope you join in sometime.

>Hey, what was the Best Buy preorder bonus again?

I'm pretty sure it was

A

FUCKING

It's a luxury item, if you can throw away $150 go for it.

CUP

>It's a luxury item, if you can throw away $150 go for it.
It's an objective advantage over normal controllers.

I want this.

>not drinking your coffee from a fucking gears of war cup

I actually own pic related

Looks pretty nice.
Is that a coaster?

It's not an 80 extra dollar advantage for most people.

I dunno if any stores have display models you can use that aren't rekt by kids fingerfucking them.

>the cups are assembling

What's the benefit of the ultimate edition of 4 if I am not interested in the multiplayer, only the campaign? Should I just stick to the base edition?

>Ultimate Edition perks
- alternate cover art
- steel case (assuming you buy physical)
- season pass included
- exclusive vintage gnasher skin
- bounty cards included
- you can play the game 4 days early

If you're onyx interested in the campaign, only the last one will really effect you.

Post stats

SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER ME

CAN I GET THE DLC SKINS IN-GAME OR AM I FUCKED? I DIDNT SEE ANY OF THE PRE-ORDER SKINS LIKE ZOMBIE DOM AND FARMER MARCUS IN THE LEAKED CHARACTER SELECT SO THATS WHY IMA SKING

I'm scared

Speaking of this.

If anyone is down to play go ahead and add me. I own both PC and Xbone versions of UE.

GT: Gnasher Anubis

If you only want horde and story then skip the UE, UE is pretty much something only the hardcore fans will really want.

I heard that the preorder skins can be crafted but I'm not sure

>tfw earth will one day revolt against its inhabitants

Old Man Marcus, Tomorrow Anya and Zombie Dom are pre-order exclusives. Sorry m80

I am Adding you on xbone senpai, GT's Tsarouhas

anons add Jordan64 on xbone, I'll be playing a lot of gears at launch

Pre order skins and characters are EXCLUSIVE TO PREPARE ORDERS

Most of the previous order stuff comes to you regardless of where you prefer order from, but each retailer also has a specific pre order skin exclusive to that retailor. Pic related. Note that gamestop also has an exclusive character presumably order skin.

However, if you're British, you can get all the exclusive pre order skins at once from GAME.

The Beta DLC items can only be acquired if you reached level 20 in the beta.

The Vintage Gnasher skin is exclusive to Ultimate Edition owners.

The Zombie JD skin, Zombie Lancer skin, and Zombie Gnasher skins are obtained from codes on the back of select Totinos pizza products. You don't even have to buy the shit, you can literally just snap pics of the code on the back and then put the box back in the freezer.

Oh, also, if you're a member of the gamers club unlocked at best buy, a pre order from there also gets you the physical mug and coaster set people have been posting in here. But that cam be bought seperately.

Amazon a best

I've added you both.

Gonna need to snatch the mug

Thoughts on the ranking system?

>The Zombie JD skin, Zombie Lancer skin, and Zombie Gnasher skins are obtained from codes on the back of select Totinos pizza products. You don't even have to buy the shit, you can literally just snap pics of the code on the back and then put the box back in the freezer.
Kek really?

Halo 5: Guardians/10

Yeah, I literally walked into walmart, took a bunch of pics, and walked out

I wouldn't say that because this system has been used way before Halo 5. Also I wish they would have taken my idea I posted on the forums and made it true.

Did they change anything from beta?

Fans had a lot of feedback

Why do the lancers in multiplayer not have the stock? Or is it a different weapon?

You best be sharing some of those codes my man, my nearest walmart is 65 miles away.

p-p-please...

>God of War fags won't be able to use /gowg/ for God of War GENERAL when God of War 4 releases

this vg will die in 1 hour

>Implying you'll last that long

;_;

THEY'RE SELLING GAMES WITH A FUCKING CUP

keep it alive until launch boys

JD uses the new Lancer in the story. It's called the Customer Lancer Mk. III I believe. It is useable in multiplayer but it is a legendary skin. Tbh I like the fact that it is a skin because it means you can use the classic lancer and this new badass one. That wooden stock gets me hard.

Rod has been saying they've worked and tweaked the system to be as fair and even as possible so that gears vets aren't kicking the shit out of new players. Aside from actual ranking symbols and stuff no but how much you need to win has changed. I'm hoping for some cool stuff with the ranking system.

gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/98be6d5e03f642a5b8b561883802d401/threads/gears-of-war---elo-ranking-system-edit-now-includes-punish-system/c75e9903-572b-4b6c-964a-fca20a710856/posts

Check out my post I made long before TC announced there ranking system.

>NVIDIA graphics card exploit code got revoked

Welp, time to bite the bullet and get a xbone.
Who else is getting this?
Where should I pre-order it from

So, the codes on the back don't actually give you Xbox Live codes. They give you codes to enter at the totinos gears promotion site. There's an order to what you get for how many codes you enter. I didn't realize this, so the only extra code I have is an extra one time use bounty card (I scanned 4 codes).

I promise I will go back and get more.

Best Buy.
Get the mug.

Get it from Amazon if you are going to buy it. I'm actually incredibly Jealous because I want that Xbone but I already have one.

>the controller
>the red
>the actual claw marks aren't painted

I hope this launch goes well.

You don't have a target or K mart near you?

Yea I think you are supposed to sing up or something and then they send you an email with Xbox live codes.

Post your mains
>Locust: scuba and grenadier
>COG: Anthony and Baird

Pic related, Kantus, any of the Carmine's, and Cog Gear

Locust: a Theron, RAAM, Grenadier
COG: Prescott, Hoff, Kim

Gears of War 3
>COG: Baird, Sam, Hoffman, Benjamin
>LOCUST: Savage Grenadier, Savage Theron, RAAM, Grenadier

Gears of War 4
>COG: Sam, Baird, Hoffman
>SWARM: Imago only

So the console comes out on the 6th. Will I be able to play on Thursday using matchmaking or do I have to wait until the 7th? Or since it's digital on the console will I be able to play at all on the 6th?

better not have that join in progress character glitch. and if it does - make the default character a gear

Earliest you can play is on the 7th

I think they have finally made it so when you join in progress you play as the character you want.

Then what's the point of releasing the console on thursday?!

>The console comes out on the 6th

Holy shit, I just realized that.
Apparently the console comes with a code for the digital version of the game
So you'll probably redeem it on the Xbox store and wait like everyone else.

At least it gives you time to download the game and be able to play at exactly midnight.

...I thought it said it came pre-installed?

poor bastards who have shit internet are going to be mad.

fuck, meant to reply to

If they don't have Dizzy, i'm going to be pissed

That's exactly what you do.
It's kind of wierd.
They email you the actual code

Seriously. It's only 48 bucks from Amazon if you have Prime

Nope
According to Amazon's page: "(card with code included in box")

>implying Big Rig Dizzy isn't for tryhard cucks

>big rig dizzy
>only used by mexicans and try hards because they knew his hitbox was fucking beyond imagination

Fuck you're right. Well it'll only take me 8-12 hours to download so I guess it works out and I'll call in sick Friday. Thanks, user.

>tfw ran out of Amazon prime last month

I'm going to have to go to fucking gamestop because I don't want to pay amazon shipping without prime

i-i just liked his t-trucker hat.

I'm only taking the piss. But Big Rig Dizzy became infamous for being used by try hards and mexicans on taco bell wifi. I love Dizzy though, hope he makes a return.

I'm surprised this game is getting a sequel. It always seemed like it's not that popular compared to other games.

its always had a good following.

The main player base sticks around.

Gears is massively popular, it just gets overshadowed by games like Halo and Call of Duty. People love the style of Gears but it has always been something teenagers between 17 - 19 and adults play. It never really generates a huge crowd of people because it isn't an FPS.

But the game has people playing it every day across all platforms.

>surprised its getting a sequel
This is the only thing Microsoft is offering when it comes to online multiplayer since Halo is ded and COD/BF are more populated on PS4, ofc they are going to try and push a sequel to get people to buy Xbox

>tfw they are probably going to kill off marcus and make us stick with his shitty brat kid while all you want is for them to kill off the shitty brat kid and play as marcus again

also, have cole train baird, and carmine been confirmed yet? i saw dom shows up in the tutorial or something

Gears will overtake Halo as the dominant MS exclusive franchise with Gears 4.
Just watch

Cole confirmed