/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Contracted Listeriosis:
>DLC Trailers/Gameplay/Details
youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4EHyRm_Tw
youtube.com/watch?v=-nRve2XRUiA
polygon.com/2016/9/21/12999624/dark-souls-3-ashes-of-ariandel-dlc-preview-hands-on-everything-we-know

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/84998
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8KUwhYfotU
youtube.com/watch?v=0mDoGBhjprk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ke3HWo8fTpE
youtube.com/watch?v=wc8Vdxbr_kk,
youtube.com/watch?v=lnbb2ZdQS-c
youtube.com/watch?v=Z9dNrmGD7mU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for karla

Good choice.

We'll never get to know what this was about, will we?

First for Karla's knockoff
BENIS

>Oh, I'm hardly serious.

The game was originally going to be much better but Bamco wanted it out a year early
That's what that was about

For one thing, it ain't Lothric.
DeS remake?

What are Carthus Invaders? Are there any fun guidelines, or are you just saying: go invade in Carthus Tomb?

excellent choice

If we ever do another covenant it should be to bring back the bellfags and invade the belfry.

> Why, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you have feeling for me!

So the pilgrim butterflies were suppose to originally look more dragonlike.

That confirms a theory of mine.

Make yourself look as calcium full as possible or look Arabic. Level 40 4+ weapons, use ragged armour like the carthus skeletons and use any skeleton/carthus weapon WHICH MEANS CCS. Also have something of a name like "grave warden ________" or "_____ of carthus"

What they SHOULD do is bring back the dragon covenent, but instead when you use the dragon eye sign or whatever, it force banishes all invaders and phantoms and prevents anyone else from joining that session until one of the players dies.

Why did they put it behind a horribly dead covenant?

Just farm concords off of silver knights if you really want it

That won't be fun in fightclubs rather when they're summoned, use of estus will be restricted, prevent new summons/invasions while dragon, and/or lock host out of boss room is on the field.

I get a few summons every couple hours, user.

It works for some people, and i'm not sure what causes it

Wonderful. Gonna get started now.

If you just came up with this then a gold star for you.

A few threads ago some guy posted his skellyton character he's going to invade Carthus with. I got all excited because I also have a Carthus themed invasion character, and then this hohomo lad and some other anons joined in and bashed around ideas for a loose Carthus player covenant, invading in Catacombs in a level 30 - 50 kind of range. It's nothing too structured for now but it is good fun, because Carthus provides you with a good theme for fashion, equipment, and it's a fun area to invade in.

If you want to move like a grain of sand on the wind and live for our High Lord:
>Weapons
+4 at most. Dexfaggotry rules supreme. Carthus card captor, curved great, shotel, shield and bonewheel are the obvious choices but stuff like scimitar and falchion are also a-okay, as well as bows.

>Magic
Pyromancy, preferably from the Carthus and Gravewarden tomes.

>Items
Carthus rouge and kukri to complete the Carthus feeling, or go for charcoal pine resin if you don't want to be a bleeder and don't have the stats for flame arc. Green blossom recommended because you're going to be spinning, rolling and slashing a lot and need that sweet stamina.

>Rings
Both Carthus rings recommended.

>Fashion
Rags and chain, avoid plate. Try and look like a skeleton or an Arab or an Arabic skeleton.

If you really want to get into the Carthus feeling, put 'Gravewarden' or 'of Carthus' in your name.

Invading tactics:
>Use the jars that contain humanity
>Anime skeletons can help you fight ganks
>If you really want to meme on a gank, run to the rope bridge, break it when the gank gets near you, then force them to fight you and the skeleton army

Correction, sl 50 4+ weapons.

Nah, you remember that guy posting the picture here
With the filename angry carthus? He's the og.
> error: you must wait forever before posting another reply

>Just realized that I still need about 20 of these

Please, grant me death, Undo my shackles.

and a massive skellington boner for you too

don't have the pic... anyone?

Ay

It's rather easy user
I farmed enough covenant items for tier 2 for all covenants in under 14hrs

provide thee succ

What's with the ghost shadows walking around in Irithyll anyway?

Supposedly vordt and dancer.
Also, Listen to skeleton man by onlyafro when carthus invading.

Let's see here

>Dark Souls 3
>shortest game in the series
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>On-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>no dynamic lighting system when even basic indie games have them
>rehashed areas
>rehashed NPCs
>rehashed animations
>fails to innovate
>invasions sucks
>Heavy armor sucks
>armor sets don't even fit properly
>brown and grey
>shit AI
>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>existence of Carthus Rouge
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>no tech
>No animation canceling
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>pyromancy is the quality of casters
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB

>the DLC won't save it

Outriders sent all over Lothric by Sulyvahn.

It's Vordt, Dancer and the Outrider Knights you fight before Road of Sacrifices and in the Archives

We know.

thanks!

>design a sequel to a previous game in the series
>cram it full of copy pasted npcs, animations, references everyfuckingwhere from the very first item you pick up to the final fucking boss
>don't implement the thing that really made it special: non-linear, interconnected world design

you dare insult GOD?

Were the drop %'s change or something or is my item discovery not high enough?

How's this? I don't have collectors edition so I can't throw it together and test how it works.
You can also use mornes helm.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/84998

Post favorite DSIII ost

youtube.com/watch?v=Q8KUwhYfotU

youtube.com/watch?v=0mDoGBhjprk

>it ain't Lothric
That's the big bridge leading to the homo twins fight in the building on the right, it's Lothric Castle.

pure RNG
On one of my characters it took 12 hrs to get 30 ear from silver knights with 350 discovery.
On another it took less than 3hrs with 200 item discovery.

Drops are fucked.

After rigorous invading, I have come to the conclusion:
Horizontal UGS>>>>>>>>Vertical UGS

you should go 40/40 INT/FTH for chaos

UGS with horizontal and vertical attacks > horizontal UGS > vertical UGS

Should I lower str? The only reason you would one hand would be to parry and there is so much time to parry in this game you can pull out a weapon and twohand it, which is what I do.

No user, if you look carefully, it's much much taller when you compare it to the one in-game in addition to it giving a rounded shape impression,

Good taste user, was gonna post that so I'll post my next one
youtube.com/watch?v=Ke3HWo8fTpE

Verticals are better in 1v1s because the 1st R1 is faster and starts HA sooner
Horizontal attacks are generally better for ganks

However, the thrust R2 can be used as a horizontal sweep if you rake it sideways during the animation. It's bugged so that it will drag the hitbox around and turn into a sweep instead of just a single-point thrust. That means 3-4 vertical UGS have access to sweeps for dealing with groups.

That, or try to balance it better between lowering VGR and END imo. You already have LifeR+3 and Fav+2, that's a ton of HP.
It's up to you though. Higher HP and Stam, or 60+ more AR.

I tested it. I can lower str 6 points, split those into int and fai 3/3. That gets me 545 AR compared to 541

youtube.com/watch?v=wc8Vdxbr_kk, especially at 0:40-0:47 or so when the P1 part goes into full swing

DSA, Twin Princes, Abyss Watchers, Wolnir, and Vordt are all top tier as well

You seem upset

I have to agree its fucked. Took me about two weekends to get 30 pale & swordgrass, and another weekend to get 30 ears.
I'm trying to do the shackles at 320 luck, but have only gotten 12 in the past 24 hours

Anybody wiling to help some dupe farm vertebrae shackles?

Why was Yhorm shown as the most important Lord of Cinder (of the spoiled 3) if Aldrich was off eating Gods and breaking the cycle?

Why was Yhorm's figure pricier than Soul of Cinder's if the Soul of Cinder is the final boss of the fucking game?

Why does Yhorm's theme include the main theme of the game if he's not anywhere central to any of it, be it gameplay or story?

Am I fucking missing something about this giant dumbfuck?

You can't trade covenant items.

Big surprise, the architecture changed before release. It's still clearly the same area.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of storyline rewrite during development that gave Yhorm less importance than he once had.

The answer lies in front of his throne but bamco fucked it up.

I'm trying to leave Ash Lake and I can't get past this ledge
I know this is the way I came in but what the fuck, rolling and jumping don't do shit

rushed game

he's set up as the final big important LoC in the intro too but profaned capital is a tiny dead end and he's a gimmick boss

I meant dupe as in "asshole", like one who would say "gay" when they mean "stupid"

Im on Cock Box if anyone cares

If I lower vig to 40 and str to 13 then put those into int fai 5/6 or 6/5 I get 562 AR and either 323 for black flame or 232, I didn't look to closely

They only started advertising him heavily right at the end.

He was one of THREE lords of cinder at in the trailer, the Abyss Watchers were marketable as hell.

It was not some shaft in writing that happened in the last 2 months of development.

forgot image, haha!

youtube.com/watch?v=lnbb2ZdQS-c

Yhorm is pretty good as well. Pity that the fight never lasts long enough to hear it.

HOLY SHIT SOMEONE ELSE HERE USES XBOX WHAT

Walk to the left. It will look like you're going to fall, but it's safe most of the time.

Keep running into it, you'll get around on the left. It'll look like you're walking on nothing, then you'll run over it. You'll cross near where your zweihander icon is in the picture.

toggle off 60 fps and roll and toggle it back. Its backpace by default with dsfix

Storm Ruler? What is in front of his throne?

>PCucks cant walk over a literal fucking tree branch on the floor
wew lads, kys

Why did you go there before super londo bros.

I have the issue at 30 fps, you just have to walk along the rim

>kys
>pcuck
Are you one guy doing this? it's getting stale I'd like some more creative insults

I also like skeleton cock in my ass ;)

Just don't reply to him, he didn't show up last thread did he?

I'm pretty sure he did and wanted people to help him move items to a diff character but was a huge dick about it.

No you nignog. Sit in front of his throne and look towards the door you came in from.

here ya go
knight as a start
lowered ATT dunno why you need 13, 10 seems enough
40 VGR and END is well enough
you can drop STR if you want, for 39/38 INT/FTH but that's only 2 more AR

Got it, cheers
To see what it was like
I'm replaying to see all the content I missed and I'm up to New Londo but I'm procrastinating killing O&S.

That'sactually pretty nice. Why does knight have to be so good for everything that isn't a spell caster.

>knights no longer have some extra faith

Now, why is it more satisfying beating the champ without parries and a broken straight sword?

Pure spell caster I mean. Fuck muhsekretbuild could be consisted spell caster

The lord vessel thingie containing the profane flame?

youtube.com/watch?v=Z9dNrmGD7mU
I love when it turns into gwyn's theme.

Does anyone else really enjoy being summoned as a Darkmoon?

I really enjoy slaughtering Darkmoons

Hate my roll from last time, rerolling.

What the fuck is the soul of cinder doing in this pic and why is he wielding a straight sword?

This thing?

I already have a build like that, reroll again.

THEY WERE TELLING US FROM THE BEGINNING.
THEY KNEW IT WOULD BE META

The real question is how did you confuse that bastard sword hes holding from a straight sword?

He?'s picking up some ashes.
and why would you not have a straight sword? it'e the best weapon class :^)

OH FUCK YOU'RE RIGHT, THE HILT IS THE BASTARD SWORD'S time to commit sodoku.
FUCKING CRAZY MAN