The Prelude did NOTHING wrong

The Prelude did NOTHING wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5716025953.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

except being a redundant Accord coupe

You're right. It is a good car for what it is.

A comfy front wheel drive gt car that showcased some cool technology.

Prelude was always hondas top car excluding nsx at the time and stuff in usually trickled down to accord and civic. Then s2000 killed it because it was a real sport car and accord coupes and integras were more becoming more popular

fwd

Preludes are decent but the real gem was the h series. H>B anyday.

I owned a black 1991 Prelude Si 4WS. A very nimble car. I was coming from a GTI and didn't want to get anything much larger at that time.

I replaced the Prelude with a 1995 Legend Coupe. Great handling, 3.2L engine, better seats and shoulder room, quiet cabin, and cost next to nothing to maintain compared with 6-series BMW or MBZ coupe.

The S2000 and NSX are special. The Legend and later RL models are everyday cars.

The only thing wrong with the Prelude is its owners.

>The S2000 and NSX are special.

No they aren't. S2000 and NSX are the normal type of car a company with motorsport ties like honda should be building. Even fucking toyota the appliance manufacturer built/builds more rwd cars.

It says a lot about the hondafag mindset when anything that isn't a fwd shitbox is 'special'

>insanely high per litre for NA engine
>not special
What did he mean by this

>normal type of sportscars
>nsx
>1991
>normal

no.

>fwd

you're an idiot

can i win on the downhill with one of these?

accord says hello

Considering that it outhandled all of the supercars and sports cars of the era, yes.

never understood the prelude
the filled them with high tech suspensions and so on, but left them with the most economy car tires possible. what are these 185/65/14?

its like they wanted to handle but not to be able to actually corner

I always liked the way the 'Lude drives. Even with no VTEC H23A still has enough torque.

Or maybe they left the option to the owner to decide what he wants. Really? You can't even change your tires? You buy Toyotas, I'm sure

>Preludes are decent but the real gem was the h series

Fuck off mobil1 shill

Owned a 1988 2.0 I4 4spd here
The only thing i can say is that if you're going over 50mph on a bridge and your tire pops, the handling is so terrible you come close to flipping

dude am i supposed to buy new wheels the moment i get a new car?
is that supposed to be normal?
you missed the point. they could have easily put wider tires on it, but chose not to. not because of the price, they had some other reason

Whats your issue? The H series is just a bigger B series umad?

why you mad bro? he was right

because throwing massive rubber on it and scoring high skidpad scores at any expense wasn't a meme in 1988

idk are you buying a 1987 Prelude and gonna herp over it's 1987 tires because they're not good enough 1987 tires and be mad like an internet forum newfag when the internet and it's associated retards didnt even exist? You definitely buy Toyotas, I wonder what tires the AE92 came with..... 175s?

it's called advertised fuel economy

desu i have been thinking about picking up this 'lude as a DD

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5716025953.html

interior looks comfy.

I can't begin to imagine the rust you can't see

>2800
>that much rust
dang man, feels bad
interior is really comfy though
t. turd gen owner

I see the rust.so what

>what is asking price.
>what is me jewing him down to possibly $1000 autism bux or less.

do you really think you can get it for 1k?

i got mine for 1300
pic is pre accident ;w;

Rust goes from underneath out. When you can actually see it that bad that means it's rotten as fuck underneath. That rust can hit the frame rails and cause a massive safety hazard, and also fail you at inspection in many states. It's a bitch and a half to fix even if you catch it early, you're best off finding a car with no rust. I'm in NE too and shopped around for preludes a bit at one point, it isn't hard to find a low to no rust example. Also thinking you can get away with paying a third of his asking price is childish. At best you can talk him down to $2,000 if he wants to get rid of the thing, but at that price you can get one in much better shape. Expand your search radius to include MA, RI, and NY.

>Way too big and heavy for the torque it makes
>No VVT
>tranverse fwd bs
>Burns shit tons of oil
>Have to rev it a lot to make power, fine with small cars but not preludes
>The car it powers is slower than a 1zz mr-s
>Gets bad mpgs and needs premium while making less power than garbage v6s

I dont get the point of that stupid piece of shit, pls explain.

>real sport car
>four cylinder engine