ITT: concept cars that should've been produced

ITT: concept cars that should've been produced

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3STH4Jm8FsA
youtube.com/watch?v=nEbwRbn4rOg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'll bite. (I know a small number were custom made)

Maybe if they put a chevy small block in it

Love this thing

I wish Chrysler would have the balls to revisit this. A modern turbine car where the turbine acts a generator for electric motors would be kickass.

Dodge Demon, would have loved to see what Chrysler/Dodge could have done with this thing had it been actually made

Elmiraj, because I'd love to see Caddy make a 100% pure luxury barge again

Orange Honda s2k?

put an end to your life now

Cause why the fuck not lol

this with a 350

jump off a bridge

On that note..

Thankfully GM gave them the go-ahead and they're gonna start producing ridiculous Halo cars in a couple years

will it be slower than the GTR aswell

>I thought I would smoke this cigar and talk about luxury

The 16 and the Almiraj both prove Cadillac could make REAL, Bentley/RR tier luxury cars, if GM could be bothered to let them

WE COULD HAVE HAD IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL

Fuck Fiat

They actually didn't do anything. It's nothing but rumors.

Yeah it's called the i8 now guy

100 to 1 we ever see anything like the 16 or Elmiraj. GM is just like most other car companies, fr to paranoid of failure to try anything that bold or outside the box

Another one from dodge, the Slingshot, the one chance we had of getting the Smart Roadster in America

Also, the Dodge Sidewinder, where Dodge almost built an SSR

And the 6x6 T-Rex concept

Still no idea how this one didn't get made, it's literally every rednecks wet dream

The frogster would have been cool. A small europeen pick up cabrio. It would probably have been a flop, but I wish they'd have built it anyways.

Anything Lancia really.

Can't believe it but there's a whole lot of foreign language reporting on a new Delta concept but I can't find any information in English.

Vids:

youtube.com/watch?v=3STH4Jm8FsA
youtube.com/watch?v=nEbwRbn4rOg

except it looks like audi R8, not like a futuristic, angular beauty

I wish they just made them. Out of all Cadillac, this took my heart.

That looks too Dodge Challenger-ish and old BMW-ish.

Can't unsee that it's giving birth to a Porsche.

Moar?

>BMW M1 modern concept
>now called the i8
no guy

They made something like this. The x 1 / 9

This with a 350

That was the coolest hotwheels car to have

still fucking mad for this

lol had the same one

Was that the car with a "compartment for toys"?

Finally someone posted it

hotwheels/10

No. It's the Dodge Demon. It was intended for production as a replacement for the long departed Plymouth Prowler. Mercedes killed it for competing with their own SLK as well as the Miata and S2000.

The Dodge Copperhead was also scheduled for production and killed by Mercedes. It was meant to slot below the Viper and Mercedes was afraid it would steal sales from the SL roadster.

>Dodge Rattler, the compact Viper option
>S2000 killer
>Miata blaster
I like it

That was tha Lancia Stratos concept, designed as a Modern retro variant of the original. It was built using a Ferrari F430 as a base. It was planned for production until Ferrari said no. The project couldn't move forward without Ferrari's say-so, so it was killed.

No I think you were thinking of the Dodge Razor concept, which should have been in production also.

YES

>wtf are you grinning about?

>Not dually

Dat ass, sexy.

Looks derpy with its tongue hanging out, has nothing at all to do with the 510 apart from being RWD, and it's got fucking fake rivet-on overfenders.

Obligatory reminder that Nissan is going kill the Z roadster to make a 'sporty' crossover along the lines of a Juke and slap the Z badge on it instead of produce this

Dude learn a little history, jesus. The Demon wasn't even shown as a concept until 2007, years after the merger was over. It was supposed to REPLACE the Crossfire which was going out of production in 2007, Mercedes never had a hand in it at all. It was going to be priced to compete against the Solstice/Sky/Miata, Dodge just never pulled the trigger on making it

The Copperhead was shown in 1997, scheduled for production in 2000, and was killed internally because they didn't think they would sell enough/people would just spend up to get a Viper. It wasn;t a luxury car and would have never been cross shopped against an SL

The REAL tragedy that Mercedes DID kill was what this guy pointed out, the Razor. This was in 2002, and was supposed to have been super cheap (14K in 2002 dollar). The high points would have been:

-2.4L turbo 4 with intercooler (was supposed to have just lifted the engine from the SRT-4 Neon)

-RWD with 6 speed manual tranny from Mercedes

-Zero-60 in UNDER 6 seconds

-250hp/230tork/curb weight under 2500 pounds

-And to get Veeky Forums's dick hard, no power anything. Here was a little quote from Dodge about it when they showed the concept:

"Like the Road Runner - a moniker which we can only hope will be applied to the production version - the Razor offers the necessities for driving, nothing more...

...No power windows or mirrors, no radio or leather power seats, no frills whatsoever. Dodge Razor offers its two occupants lightweight, competition-style seats, four-point racing harnesses, storage behind their seats and the pure joy of driving.

Razor's interior is like a clean canvas. Our vision is that you would be able to get additional features through MOPAR to paint your ideal driving setting,"

>Cars park next to you on both sides
>Can't get into car

The steps are pretty cool, though.

Peugeot is really good at making cool ass concepts and leaving them to die because fuck you, can't have anything cool.

Pic related is the Oxia. Group C-derived twin turbo V6 good for 680 hp, all wheel drive, high tech gadgets out the ass, verified and tested top speed of 217 mph and not a single production example was made because fuck you.

I got the Demon and Razor mixed up. sorry Obi wan autism.
And the Demon was at the tail end of the Mercedes "partnership". It was shown in 2007, which was the same year Mercedes dumped them.

I know you have a hard on for Mercedes, but please keep it to yourself

Yeah, its a little to manly for about 98% of Veeky Forums. Maybe if it had a name that was recognized around the world for being a faggot car, like the miata, you would like it more.

The Razor isn't shit compared to the ME412. It was goddamn earth shattering. The last place of the big three made a Bugatti Veyron before anyone at VW could have fathomed such a concept.

Mercedes killed the fastest car on Earth because of muh German engineering.

You mean the new Kia Cadenza?

won't stop hurting

Or just not a name internationally recognized as a shitbucket. It's line Chevy making a new, inexpensive, RWD boyracer and calling it the Citation.

it wont have those doors next year in production this was just to show interior more or something at least thats what one of the designers said

Alfa why

>ME412
The ME 412 was literally all hot air, it was never tested and none of the performance claims were ever proved, and all the real earth shattering tech came from mercedes

I always thought the Schigera was ugly.
ItalDesign is pretty hit-or-miss honestly. The very same firm designed this a few years prior.
The Lamborghini Cala: The Gallardo before the Gallardo. At the time the only model Lambo sold was the Diablo.

>gas turbine powered
>instead of beds it had a disappearing toilet and a kitchen unit with sink, fridge, oven and coffee machine

it's not autism if he's right

Wew lad. That really pulls the futuristic look off.
Top tier interior and I don't even like American luxury cars that much.

LPGDF at work again

>I was wrong, better call someone autistic!

not defending anyone in particular, just something i hate about Veeky Forums in general, no one can just admit they are wrong about anything, we always have to spout meme magic and autism

>The 16 and the Almiraj both prove Cadillac could make REAL, Bentley/RR tier luxury cars, if GM could be bothered to let them
Concept cars are usually made by small firms.
The initial design might be done by GM but it's up to that company to actually build the car for the auto shows.
Very rarely is a concept car a highway-ready vehicle when it's on display. IIRC the ford GT90 couldn't go beyond 35 mph.

They would have invent a new phobia for driving this.

like you can never admit that LPG is ever wrong?

If I remember correctly, what was so exciting about the 16 and Elmiraj were that they were both actually built in house by GM, and were working models, not just car show display models. The Elmiraj is on the new Omega platform, and at the time even Cadillac admitted they could have easily put the 16 into production

He wasn't wrong about what he said in the thread, which is the only thing I'm talking about

Huh. That's actually pretty interesting.
Just goes to show that you can always trust the suits at GM to do the wrong thing.

Imagine how their engineers must feel. French people are the worst.

note how LPG disappears when someone brings up the LPGDF

seems kind of odd

Gm keeps hinting that they are eventually going to put out a Halo luxury car on the Omega platform, but you're totally right, they've had the opportunity to make 2 absolutely fantastic cars, and passed on both for no real reason other than 'well, like, people might not like it guys'

>Germans

The Peugeot 907 is another fun one. They just casually built a genuinely usable and roadworthy V12-powered grand tourer, but as soon as it hit the car show floor the fuckers announced that it was never supposed to be even considered for production in the first place, it was just some anniversary celebration bullshit.

The worst part? The RCZ was originally supposed to be an one-off concept like the 907, Oxia and others before them, but Peugeot relented and put it into production anyway. Why couldn't it happen with the actually cool cars? Why do they have to be a bunch of fun-hating, bean-counting assholes who can't flex their motorsport muscles on something other than mildly tuning performance variants a bit further?

It's only hot air because Mercedes wouldn't allow a functional model. Chrysler was prepared to produce a real prototype and prove their concept when Mercedes stepped in and killed it.

If anything, it's believable because the SRT team was poised to execute. Those guys, given proper access to equipment and parts, have proven time and again to produce mind breaking cars.

Remember, a couple years later, the same crew produced the original ACR and broke every record they went after.

Peugeot hasn't made anything cool since Group B got banned.
Their spirit died with it.

If it had been anywhere near possible to actually make it, chrysler would have revisited it after the merger fell apart. And still ignores the fact it was only made possible with mercedes tech. chrysler could have never pulled that shit off on their own

Lamborghini Egoista

>And still ignores the fact it was only made possible with mercedes tech
So was the Charger. If Chrysler had tried to make that car on their own it would have been absolute, complete dogshit.
Now, it's a pretty decent family sedan with good power readily available.

They could have, given parts bin items. Mercedes didn't do shit in the conceptual stage nor the basic prototype stage. Chrysler commissioned the carbon fiber and aluminum castings as well as developed a basic engine concept independently of Mercedes. The individual parts used in certain aspects of the vehicle came from leftovers of existing Mercedes products, yes, but that's less help than Lamborghini offered in the development of the original Viper V10.

You're arguing semantics. Ignorant of finances at that. Chrysler couldn't afford to further develop the model post-Diamler because of the sapping of all of their funds. Not to mention, some time later the Veyron was developed and killed the hype. There was no point.

Mercedes-Benz Silver Lightning

I wanted one of these SO FUCKING BAD. iirc they were shown as a concept with the srt4 motor driving the rear wheels through a 6 speed. Wtf dodge you faggots.

>tfw still salty

2001 Volkswagen Microbus. Volkswagen could've made a shit ton of money if they released it back in 2001.

Cost is really what killed it, as I think people at both Chrysler and Mercedes wanted to see it made

It was going to have a sticker price of 750,000+, in 2005, and it was going to cost more in R&D than the SLR McLaren did. You couldn't make a business case for it, and Mercedes didn't have the extra money to pump into Chrysler just for one car the way VW did with the Veyron

IDx Nismo. Have they ever used that name before?

That's a mess. Thank god we were spared. Not that Lambos are particularly nice.

Kys

I'm still confused as to how that thing moves, is there an exposed part where the tyre can hit the ground or?

>this much autism over being wrong

I think there is something under it that helps it move, but I'm not to sure about it.