Why is RWD considered better than FWD?

Why is RWD considered better than FWD?

>weighs less generally
>better gas mileage
>understeer is a lot easier to correct that oversteer

>inb4 HUE, FWD FOR PUSSYS, DRIFT FOR LIFE
Pic related. Your average RWDfag the moment he steps on the gas.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=szo6hEUdZA8
torquenews
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>It's a FWDfags outright lie to defend their inferior drivetrain episode
Your Civic is an econobox, it will never be a sports car, fuck off and kill yourself

Watching a Mustang plow into a crowd of Baby Boomers is 100x more fun than watching a Honda Civic do a 10 second 0-60 and still torque steer

>bmw btfo by a REAL sports car

Why are there no rear-steering cars?

2015 type R does it in 5.5 m8. And it will out handle you on the track.

they weigh less the RWD since they have a smaller engine and no drive shaft. and no usually RWD isnt better for fuel economy since they usually have bigger engines and a long driveshaft. for further proof companies mostly use FWD for econoboxes since people that care about MPG are usually poor so the whole small engine and cheap transmission works. if you really want a superior platform you should be using MR vehicles like pic related.

Some preludes had 4WS

youtube.com/watch?v=szo6hEUdZA8

>FF cucks on suicidewatch

really makes you think

physics

Are you guys saying no FF is ever worth?

its too twitchy and hard to manage
and when it does work people feel uncomfortable

Whoever made that image didnt watch past 3rd stage.

>Why is RWD considered better than FWD?
Better for putting down higher horsepower. Think of pulling and pushing a trolley.

>muh safety
If you're a shit driver you deserve to crash regardless of layout.

>muh fuel mileage
Largely irrelevant if we're talking performance.

FF shines in technical driving (as opposed top stoplight idiocy, drag racing and highway pulls) where horsepower is limited, and models like the Type Rs and "hot hatches" fill a gap between econoboxes and full-blown performance vehicles. Cheap enough to run, still practical, and quicker than a Camry.

Your EG Civic isn't a sports car yet but you can turn it into one.

2bh senpai I didin't

>too much of a short attention span to watch cartoons

Whoever made that doesnt realize takumi never dated her. And therefor cant be a cuck

The way these work is weird:

In order to propel us forward, wheels move under us. Gravity makes it so when you move forward your weight is shifted behind you, placing more weight on the drive wheels which provides more traction.

Youre literally questioning life

Just let it be man

Drive a fork lift and you'll see. Would be great in an urban environment but not at speed.

Only mass produced car I know that had actual 4ws mechanically. It was a dream to drive and turn

Way to responsive. Sounds weird, but I've driven a trike with rws and if that thing was capable of going over 60, I would've died. Basically, touching the steering on something with rws makes the back kick out, and before you know it you've done a 180.

>Tfw trying to drive a forklift on GTA: SA, doing dindu shit while soldiers are shooting at you.

>tfw cheating
>forklift has nitrous

thrust ssc had rear wheel steering
pic is how they tested the steering rack

Most of the weight is over the front wheels. And you can add a front splitter or canards for maximum down force

So there

>Cheating

Good times. I've memorized the weapons package, 250 000$ + full health, and the Hydra through muscle memory.

why fight it
just let it be

>When the floor is covered in dust and you accidentally drift the forklift

fully hektik front wheel skids uleh

all you had to do is follow the damn train!

The yay leaving San Fiero, right?

drive fork lift on the concrete floor of a tannery
>the ride never ends

>drive forklift in a flour mill
>DEJA VU
>I'VE JUST RAN INTO THIS GUY BEFORE
>REALLY SORRY DUDE
>I'LL PAY YOUR MEDICAL BILLS IN FULL

Speaking of AE86, found a GTS today that runs and drives well for 400$, lols

meh.
FWD is fun to drive when light. Like the 80's-90's hot-hatch weighting 800kg.
Modern hatches are just fat and bloated, often the same weight as a similar performance RWD. What's the point...

>WOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH

Weight Transfer
Better driving dynamics
Handles POWER and Torque alot better and more options for gearboxes that are stronger and different differentials

More options to upgrade and strengthen driveline cheaper

????

More reliable generally and more fun definitely

The guy in your picture was trying to do a u-turn, but mustangs don't turn.

You have yet to explain why rwd is better than fwd

Can you fit a big-ass engine with a big-ass turbo into your puny transverse Civic?

>understeer easier to correct than oversteer

It's actually terrifying FWDfaggots believe this..

Rwd isn't considered better, it actually IS better. That's why rwd is ubiquitous in supercars and motorsport while fwd is mainly restricted to low powered passenger vehicles and entry level motorsport.

H-hi

If you're not balls deep in it, you usually just ease up on the throttle and the front tires can grip again. That being said, when the front wheels are still gripping, it's pretty easy to point them in the direction you want to go and let the ass end catch up, which is generally how it goes in a RWD.

FWD is only acceptable in cars up to about 400hp plus it's more complex

>fastest FWD car ever
>BTFO by a bimmer based on a chassis from fuckin 1998
top lel

I have this in GT6, good low PP sleeper.

>>weighs less generally
Cars are fat these days so it doesn't make a significant difference. Even in older cars the difference is negligible
>>better gas mileage
Tiny difference again, not a good enough reason to choose a FWD over a RWD purely on that basis imo
>>understeer is a lot easier to correct that oversteer
Debatable. Understeer you are along for the ride until the car finds grip, whereas in oversteer you can counter steer and actually do something about it. Takes a little more effort and you can over correct and fuck up, but it isn't difficult in normal driving

I have found it is easier to get the power down in RWD cars due to the weight transfer to the back under acceleration, and you don't need to worry about torque steer once you go about 200 bhp or so.

FWD cars have their place and there are some very good ones, but a lot of people prefer RWD. Not to mention working on a FWD car can be a nightmare due to the packaging - changing the clutch in a Ford Focus is a fucking nightmare.

From what I played all the standard cars are overpowered in gt6
Lack of interior must do wonders for lowering the weight

Google Quadrasteer.

>no torque steer
>traction while accelerating
>simpler parts (no need to have the steering wheels also have drive components)

Thats your average American muscle car, not your average RWD.

u wot m8

>understeer is a lot easier to correct that oversteer
That's your problem. You can correct oversteer mid-turn. The only way to manage understeer is to turn in earlier. Inb4 left foot braking, go ahead and give it a shot. Let me know how it turns out.

sorry lads, but 4WD is the only sensible choice

>dat grip
>that offroad ability
>that control

There's literally no excuse for not owning one

HICAS uses a rear steering rack as well.

please explain how a glorious BMW lost repeatedly in races to a FWD Daewoo

That's an AWD car, though. AWD cannot into offroad.

Most race series allow a lower minimum weight for FWD cars to allow them to be competitive.

except the Chevrolet Lacetti was so dominant the car was constantly hit with penalties making it by far the heaviest car on the grid.
still dominated.

then again, you could attribute its success to this. The racing series mandated a 2.0L engine. BMW has never been known for their 2.0L engines.
On the other hand the racing Daewoos were powered by Opel. Pic related

>[Citation Needed]
Anyway, it probably has to do with power or aero. Maybe tires, but I'd assume they use a spec tire in WTCC.

>this $30k Honda is marginally slower than an M3 that cost $90,000 twelve years ago

There was no rule against taking the penalty ballasts, placing it in strategic spots, and tuning the suspension to compensate.

Yes, that's how everyone does it. In NASCAR they weld tungsten plates to the bottom of the car for ballast. No ballast beats properly placed ballast, though.

ban assault cars.

fwd is fun for speeding through turns

rwd is fun at launches donuts and burnouts

awd is fun for high speed turns

FWD can be as fun if the car weighs less then 1900lbs.

My 1.3 diesel Punto is a race car too, since I BTFO every ricer civic at the lights, right?

time for audi and subi people to tell everyone else why they are faggots.

>rwd is fun for speeding through turns
>rwd is fun at launches donuts and burnouts
>rwd is fun for high speed turns

ftfy

this desu senpai

Post a single RWD car that costs 30k or less that can beat a civic type R around any track.

You cant

Type R isn't below 30k as well. Eat shit. torquenews com/1574/honda-taking-purchase-orders-2016-civic-type-r

Drive your car in reverse real fast and tell me how that goes