What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NWOg2mZD6yY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fiat

As far as the european market, didn't the Beta ruin the reputation and destroy them financially?

Italy

They made the Dodge Stratus

Don't remind me

youtu.be/NWOg2mZD6yY

Basically fiat decided it wasn't worth investing on it anymore, instead they went all in with Alfa Romeo. Some time ago Marchionne even dared saying no one knows Lancia and every investment on it would be pointless

What?

Isolation and Fiat

Lancia wasn't that popular outside of Italy,the late 90's-mid 00's lineup was underwhelming fiat-rebadging (I do like the thesis, but it failed spectacularly compared to the opposition)

Add that to Fiat having Lancia and Alfa Romeo slightly competing each other, they had to choose which one to keep and I think they made the right choice

The only thing they're up to now is squeezing the last profits from the Ypsilon until 2017, when they'll be killed, breddy sad

italians

>until 2017, when they'll be killed, breddy sad

Shit, really?

From what I heard yes

I mean the only thing they're selling now is this little shitbox, a good shitbox though, but nothing more

It would be pretty strange. In Italy the ypsilon is pretty popular. Any less model they have is an help for the evil VW in gaining even more market share with their overpriced shit. They might continue producing it under the fiat name, but lancia is already undistinguishable from fiat, might as well keep it under the lancia brand and let the brand keep living on life support.

I just keep dreaming of a furious comeback of the Integrale...

but who really wants a fiat strada with an engine swap and awd ?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The whole site feels like I'm on a clothing site

They were never good.
>inb4 Delta and Stratos

The base Delta was a piece of shit, and the Integrale and Stratos were niche cars that wouldn't attract a lot of customers.
And I'm still mad about the Thema/300C. I would have loved a comfy landbarge with a nice italian interior but they had to put their fucking old 3.0 diesel and even older 5 gear autotragic in it to make sure it was as fuel efficient as a soviet tank.

They made a car that fell apart in showrooms.
It ruined their reputation entirely outside Italy, and ruined their repulation inside Italy as well.
I'd still love a Stratos though.

Oh c'mon, a good integrale evo goes for 50 grands now. When rallye was big the brand was at its top. And, I'd add, if VW managed to bring back seat and skoda, two disgraced brands, and Renault Dacia, sure Lancia was able to do the same. What really lacked was fiat's will to do it. I still don't understand why.

>thema 300c
But that's a fucking Chrysler model nigga, it has nothing to do. Actually, post FCA Lancia has nothing to do with Lancia itself

I think people watched too much top meme gear. The beta was shit, but it sure didn't ruin lancia's reputation in italy.

Well, they rusted, didn't they?

Lancia won't get killed. The brand is to reboooted with models to compete with the premium line up of other brands such as DS.
Which probably means they won't have performance models anymore. Which also means it won't cannibalise Alfa.

Few things, Marchionne hated Lancia, so he didn't give them enough room to do cool stuff, and forced them to do crappy rebadges or new bodyworks to existing FIAT things. Second thing, bad styling. Honestly all Lancias after 2000 are just wrongly designed, there is some detail that ruins everything. Anyway, from what I have heard they gonna pull the plug for few years, focus for now for Alfa Romeo comeback and then start doing something with Lancia. Lancia needs desperatly relaunch and few years rest from making awful chrysler rebadges etc.

>being this delusional
lmao this tripfaggot

Lancia is dead and buried, you'll have to look to England to feed your need for Stratos goodness.

being italian.

>he actually thinks FCA will kill off Lancia
You know shit, retarded 12 y.o.