Are the 99-04 Mustang GTs reliable? I'm thinking of buying one as my fuck around car

Are the 99-04 Mustang GTs reliable? I'm thinking of buying one as my fuck around car.

Other urls found in this thread:

hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-1105-592hp-46l-2v-motor-for-2298/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No worse than most 90s American cars, the interior will be shit and falling apart tho

Extremely reliable, go for it.

I think this guy is thinking of a foxbody. New Edge mustangs don't really rattle and the build quality isnt bad.

Cheap, reliable, great aftermarket. Not much bad to say about them. My brother had one of the 2v and it took a reallllly hard 174k miles to blow a hole in the block. Even after that we swapped in another 2v with 54k on it for 1100 bucks. They have more than enough power for fun plus they have that LSD. They can be made pretty quick with some bolt ons. They're like the American Civic. I love my 3v.

Great cars OP, go for it.

Not fast at all by todays standards, but I think they've aged well.

Get a Termi or nothing

>I think this guy is thinking of a foxbody. New Edge mustangs don't really rattle and the build quality isnt bad.

The tabs inner part of the door card with the window switches and pull recess break on almost every single SN-95.

They still look modern to be honest senpai

4V Modulars are great motors, 2V ones are okay though.

>The tabs inner part
The tabs on the inner part

OP here. The stock internals in the manual can support a supercharger without it blowing up right?

Yes, but only to about 450whp. You should go turbo.

hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-1105-592hp-46l-2v-motor-for-2298/

>americans consider 174k miles engine life reliable

L M A O

Yea definitely. I have a termi and 2v, both have good engines and trans.

Any idiot can fuck up syncros or clutch, and not change oil etc, but really, even being abused on a daily basis they will go forever.

I recommend just giving it a bit to warm up and keeping good, clean oil in it. Main thing thats known to kill a 2v is letting the oil sludge, and because of that, bending a valve.

These motors go 250-500k miles in crown vics, that are given absolute hell daily with no regard for the entire car.

>300k daily driver miles != 300k abusive miles

OP again, thanks anons.

Don't feed him (you)s.

Make sure to keep an eye on the ignition coils, spark plugs, and fuel injectors. Only things I've seen to shit out since the engine doesn't have any plastic covers to keep water out. Always keep fresh oil and you'll be good. Great fun cars btw. Love my 2v to death, it's got 147k miles. Also they look like pure sex. I love it.

Extremely reliable. More reliable than most commuter cars even. The only known issue is the plastic intake manifold.

enjoy uou 1 liter 3 cylinder shit boxes europoors lol

You guys telling me that this '01 would be a good buy? $4500, 96k miles.

Absolutely if it's got a manual tranny and no rust. Great drive it though don't be retarded.

>convertable
Please dont.

also
>v6

Fuck nevermind thought it was a GT. I got a GT coupe with 144k miles for $4500USD. Keep looking. Craigslist is your friend. Again, don't be retarded.

I second this. Bought my 97 mustang bout 5 years ago, first trip out after getting the body restored and painted the fucking manifold cracked and soaked everything in antifreeze. Couple hour repair done by me and my old man, fresh fluids and it was good. Engine has been great since, and I've beat on it quite a bit.

Watch your rearend too, mine took a shit at 104k.

>Watch your rear end too
So much this. Mines starting to shit out on me and I have 144k miles. How tough is it to replace a rear dif and the rear gears?

i took it to a guy to have it done. he tore it apart, found out the entire thing was pretty much fucked so i had to buy a rear off a total to throw on. came with cobra gears tho so in the end it was worth it

Are V6 Mustangs any good as disposable drift cars? The rice tax on the 240sx is insane in my area but Mustangs are cheap as shit.

>blew na engine on stock power

wew

>v6
>mustang

keked pretty hard. everyone knows a v6 mustang ain't a mustang unless it has a turbo. don't even m8, just don't

My CRX spun a bearing at 130k on the stock engine. Stop being retarded.

How much did it cost?