Jackstands

What brand jackstands should i buy? I went to the hardware and automotive stores and everything was chink made garbage. I'm willing to pay for something good so i don't die.

Buy a pair of testicles you pussy

buy some that are old and steel

Buy the second cheapest ones

$200-500 each

buy cheap new ones. then toss the wheels under the frame next to them

Buy a couple hessian sacks, fill them up with sand then drive your car up on them.
Bam you have jacks that won't fail and only cost you a few hessian sacks and some sand.

safer than any jack stands ever invented.

Good luck finding anything that wasn't hecho in chine.

The last being said I've used harbor freight jackstands for years, and never had a problem, it's hard to fuck up making jackstands

just get whatever they are under rated at 2k each and your shitbox prob only weighs that much. since you're afraid of standsI take it you're green and I would be more worried about placement and jacking.

>toss the wheels under them.
right because all we do is brake jobs or suspension jobs?

>not having spare wheels lying around

How does this help if you need to take the wheel off?

This.

I use HF 6 ton stands and they're fine. Its a jack stand, not a complex mechanical part. I also use HFs jacks with much success.

I gues you would need a trolly jack, jack the car up, place sand bags under the axles.

Couldnt the sand shift or something? Also what about doing a tire rotation? I have ramps already, i need jackstands.

its a sand bag shit aint going anywhere.
this is how poor people work on cars uleh.
either that or put some rims under the car, they work great as jack stands too.

Jesus christ im not trying to nigger rig this shit. I said i was willing to spend money on good stands.

Just get the HF 6 tons, there's nothing wrong with them, you won't get a much better stand anywhere.

>buy some that are old and steel

Steel is safer. Aluminum alloy requires proper metallurgy to have the full strength. I've had harbor freight fail on me before.

What this guy said, get the 6-tons. Even Harbor Freight chinkshit should be good to roughly half of its stated capacity.

I just use a screw jack

And nothing of value was lost

Triggered.

Literally nothing wrong with that?

>leaf springs

LMAO'ing @ ur life rite now

I use harbor freight 3 ton jack stands. Honestly they make me nervous being welded together with some super sketch looking welds. Maybe it's just because I went to welding school and am a boilermaker now so I'm more aware of how shitty they look, but oh well.

factory welds a shit

large blocks of timber.

jack up the car, slide big block of wood under the car, let it down gently. cant fail, wont fail.

Harbor Freight, practically all the guys at the dealership I used to work for use them in their home garage and have recommended them.