Why did Immortan Joe have a fleet of supercharged muscle cars if guzzoline was a limited resource?

Why did Immortan Joe have a fleet of supercharged muscle cars if guzzoline was a limited resource?

Other urls found in this thread:

futurescience.com/emp/vehicles.html
madmax.wikia.com/wiki/The_Buzzards
madmax.wikia.com/wiki/Rock_Riders
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bad people do bad things.

The vehicle could have been modified to be more efficient when running on guzzoline

water was the limited resource

It was a limited resource when the world was overpopulated
Now after the nuclear war killed everyone they have more than they could ever use.

So the apocalypse happened in the 1970s in the mad max universe? I don't remember seeing any car newer than something from the 70s.

Also, why did the war rig have the steering wheel on the left side if it was in Australia?

Why do hood niggers buy $100k cars?

Why is North Korea starving its people to build rockets?

it was the will of V8

Immortan Joe did nothing wrong.

>Asks about Immortan Joe
>Posts People eater
REEEEEEEEE

there was an R32 skyline in Fury Road

Because there was this place they would go to and trade the things they would have for fuel. Mothers milk, crops, etc.

It isn't called Gas Town because everyone farts.

that plymouth prince valiant is b a e

it was a display of luxurious extravagance. they DROVE crazy shit like that because they COULD. If you had all the gas in the world would you drive some prius or make some monstermobiles?

Easier to fix, would be able to out run rival raiders.

A Prius on the other hand wouldn't last a week in those conditions and would be slow as fuck

and a 90s mercedes.
iirc they never said what decade nuclear holocaust happened in the old movies

They only needed enough to get to Valhalla

Can madmax rice pls become the next car trend?

the old movies had vw beetle and small capacity motorbikes
both adapted for use in sand and provisioned with water and fuel on board
the interceptor was impressive as being the last of the v8 cars given that who ever kept it runing has to go about getting fuel for it

the modern movie does away with all of this and makes the v8 ubiqutous
the old moveies also had a smaller budget .ie less actors and fewer cars
also what few cars they had are cheep too bar the star of the show and his crazy v8 or his friend who has a flying machine and knows where all the petrol is

EMPs from nuclear detonations would fry the electronics in the newer computer-controlled shitboxes, rendering most of them useless.

It wasn't limited for him. Gastown!

Plus, the whole film is a metaphor for consumerism and over-consumption.

> Shiny and chrome

futurescience.com/emp/vehicles.html

That's what I hope to do to my NB when the rust inevitably conquers the quarter-panels, and then I can ride to valhalla, rusty and matte

WHAT

where?

pic

I read somewhere that the technology in the older cars involved less electronics so it was a better choice to have them in after the world had ended

KAMAKRAZEE

WAR BOYS

>R32 skyline

Not all supercharged muscle.

Turbo master race

So much this. I remember some behind the scenes stuff where they explain that Immortans gang is all about symbolizing power and how wealthy they are compared to the rest of the plebs, and in a world where gas is so hard to come by, driving these cars around definitely shows that.

It's just like the water situation. Immortan Joe doesn't bother carefully tapping the precious water in bottles and saving every drop. He just opens a large valve and drops it on the desert ground and let the plebs stand under the water fall. He probably wastes more water than he gives away.

>those fucking tubas

kek

except for immortan joe and gas town no one else has cars

those crazy mountain russians had like 4 cars and the grannies had some bikes, thats it.

Gasoline itself it not an issue, water is super rare.

>Gasoline itself it not an issue
it is for the common man, in the Mad Max universe
Max has to scavenge other peoples cars for gas.

Gasoline is actually still produced like in Gas Town. From there, its distributed to the "wealthy" such as warlords which is then distributed to their peons or stolen..

Well no shit, look what I'm watching.

Also, Charlize Theron, I love her.

Underrated

That looks like absolute shit.
At least muscle cars look alright even when they're just skeletons of what they used to be.

Mad Max happens sometime in the 80s. A war between Saudi Arabia and Persia, causes an oil crisis. The world powers start fighting to secure the other known oil fields for themselves. Global trade collapses and Australia is left to fend for it self. Which is why the Interceptor was the last v8, and things in Max's town were looking dicey. All the major cities were being abandoned as there wasn't enough fuel to feed them.

Then sometime after Mad Max, the nuclear powers start nuking each other as a result of the oil wars. A 747 full of school children crashes in the desert and they camp at an oasis. Nuclear winter and changes in climate patterns start turning more of Australia into a desert. Radiation fallout contaminates everything. Let us not talk about the implied evaporation of the ocean between Australia and New Zealand(implied in Fury Road). This all happens by the mid 90s.

>Plus, the whole film is a metaphor for consumerism and over-consumption.

So basically like a lot of other movies that ironically have a huge fucking budget and rely on large numbers of people to fucking buy tickets to watch it?

A lot of mine site trucks (like what the war rig probably was origonally) operate only on private roads out on the desert so it's quite common for them to be LHD. In fact if you were picky you would say that choosing an LHD truck was 'more' correct than RHD because of the reason above.

>crazy mountain russians

How was this explained again? Why not abos instead? Why are there no abos in Mad Max?

I'd imagine it's a similar situation to the kids from the crashed plane. Russian college kids on vacation who got stranded in Australia or something. Also if you read the art book for Fury Road, they're all supposed to have some sort of horrible skin disease from pollution and inbreeding.

No the black interceptor wasn't the last of the v8 cars, it was the last of the v8 interceptors. The yellow interceptor that crashed thru the caravan in the first movie was a 250 straight 6, presumably at around that time all of the yellow (general duties) cars were being bought/built/whatever with 6es or 302s and only the black interceptors were getting supercharged 351s or 350s in the case of that torana at the start of the first film

>literally the least interesting car in the whole movie
>weeb faggots still get excited because 'muh JDM god machine'

maybe they are literally mimicking stuff they've seen before

The russians in spikey cars are called "The Buzzards". The dudes on bikes in the canyon are the "Rock Riders"
madmax.wikia.com/wiki/The_Buzzards
madmax.wikia.com/wiki/Rock_Riders

And if you play the game you basically realize that something almost akin to a biblical apocalypse happened. All of the oceans dried up, plagues, more nastiness. Max may literally be in hell.

>Why are there no abos in Mad Max?
Gastown wouldn't give them guzzoline to huff. They decided life wasn't worth living anymore.

Well he wasn't going to catch 2,000 horsepower of nitroboosted war machine in a Civic

I never understood why this movie was basically the white isis/al queso.taliban and why that needs to be a popular culture thing. No opinion on the OP, just wanted to put that out there.

Already got you covered m8

>body of Miata
>rear of an Accord
>suspension of who knows

Suspension of a goddamn trophy truck.

I probably isn't, liberals always like to put that spin on everything they see when the movie probably isn't a metaphor for anything/

Aussie detected?

No
Just good at shitposting
DCT>Manual
RWD>AWD

Oh, it's usually aussies who complain about abbos, just like its's usually canadians who complain about natives.

>small capacity motorbikes
Really m8?