Guild Wars 2 General - /gw2g/

Posting Edition

Old >I've been away from the game a while and what's new?
forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Release
>F2P information
help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157-Account-types-Free-Core-HoT
>GW2 Wiki (type /wiki [article name] in-game to open browser):
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page
>Redposting
forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/devtracker
>I Need a Build But I Won't Say for What Mode
metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki
en.gw2skills.net/editor/
>Content
gw2dungeons.net/
dulfy.net/category/gw2/
>The Mistwar
wvwintel.com/
>World Boss Train
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers
gw2.ninja/timer
>Fashion Endgame
argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/
gw2armorgallery.com/
>Simple Traveling Merchant Data
gw2bltc.com/
gw2shinies.com/
gw2spidy.com/
gw2efficiency.com/
>Crafting
gw2crafts.net/
>Roleplay Resources
Guildwars2roleplayers.com/
gw2.aculeo.org/
>Misc Fun Shit
tooltips.thatshaman.com/
tyria3d.com/
gw2dps.com/
>Writebin
pastebin.com/kRR6ZV7W

Guild Wars 2 Veeky Forums Guilds:

NA [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Oothier, Vitto Mortemsen, Bonkk, Mexay Renatus, Peachy Panic, Rijakk, or Riathen
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Aktium, Amarin Luxtail, Kandra Wildfire, Strider Of Spring, or Dex Mindwrack

-Servers only matter for WvW and instancing.
-If no one is online, send a mail.
-If you are F2P, leave your name and region on the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elon_River
youtube.com/watch?v=xofL8NC5jI4
youtu.be/5AANP4qDLVM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

inb4 fakepasta guy shows up

firm mcharr butts
No femcharr allowed

Posting some classic fluffs.

I want to hold Taimi close. I want to pet her head and assure her everything will be okay as she passes from this world. I want to make her time in this world worthwhile and let her experience it all. Most of all love. I want her to feel loved.

first for fuck catposters
>sylvari masterrace

fugg let us post more cats like last general wasnt enough :DDD

>fuck catposters
Only if you are qt femcharr

>tfw will never binge watch animu with him on a rainy weekend

Maybe someday.

None are firmer than Blood Legion.

>nipmoot can't sustain Veeky Forums
>I'll be damned if I go to fucking reddit for GW2 info
>I would rather hear the death rattle of my only child than join hope or their discord

TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN

You guys support content creators like Wooden Potato, right?

What

Nipmoot is losing money running Veeky Forums. Possible fixes include more/possibly malicious Ads, lowering the image cap, or straight up deleting boards.

There's even talk of martin shkreli buying the site, and who knows what the fuck he'll end up doing with it.

>going for infos to gw2g
you are already at the bottom kid

i cant do the main story quest

o its in destiny reach

where the fuck is everyone? i just did shadow behemoth with about 10 ppl and there are literally 3 of us on tequatl
the fuck

>I'm a new/returning player, how do I join the Veeky Forums guild?

NA [DORF]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Edarkness, Reignofpain, Unwarrior Chicken
NA [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Master Ruseman, Awena, Valsi, Meyer The Shark, Surbrus Mindfang, Apothecary Beatus, Ancora Softpaw, Oren Nil
NA [SS]: Fort Aspenwood, whisper Jakey Gyllenhaal, Ayo Girl Cmere, or Double A E D
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Farfelu, Aktium, Nalynea, Mo Zing Miko, Togo Hornblower or Kealdrix
NA+EU [USA]: Fort Aspenwood+Seaferer's Rest, whisper Squatfu, Buzz Spankleaf, Togo Hornblower, Vuncia, Kerolastic
EU [Here]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Surbrus Mindfang, Ancora Softpaw, Vae The Spectre, Roxtar

-Guilds are cross-server, and the only real reason to choose the server above is if you want to be on the same WvWvW team.
-You can also send a mail asking to be in the guild, if nobody is online

Or, leave your name and server here so someone can check this post and invite you
Don't Join [FUN] or [HOPE]

Those are troll guilds made to trick members away from joining the real above official guilds.

Don't believe that troll copy paste that gets posted. Every single person listed above plays actively and will invite you immediately.

You need to get to tequila like 20 minutes prior to get in a nice and comfy full map.

whenever i change map it drops me in a different session?....
sounds like bullshit

I hate maguuma zones, the layout is so retarded. And it's already a 9th chapter of a HoT story and they still haven't explained why and how did Rhytlok became a revenant. Well, I may guess that it's because he died, went to the mist and then some dragon or whatever taught him how to use the magic - or I can just google it, but cmon why not to tell this in main story? At first it was looking much better than vanilla story, but it turns out to be the same nonsense shit.

use lfg my man, it's the best way to get good maps.

There's only 2 active guilds, HOPE and FUN in the OP. Please don't troll new players with that bloated list, that info is almost completely false or misleading, and I see you are now trying to convince people that it's not.

But as others pointed out in many threads before this, you contradict yourself by posting FUN and HOPE, it's pretty obvious you're trolling, but it's getting old.

Can a human have a Charr wife?

If you come early than most people, they will fill your map, or there are coordinated maps advertised in lfg.
If you are late, all decent maps are already full.

which order should i pick? im a thief

Priory or whispers. Vigil is a joke.

yes, it's canon

based mentor though, very straightforward assault-style missions.

elona leak, 2xpac , hype

>Amnoon Oasis

wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elon_River

>The river now reaches towards the Sea of Sorrows in Tyria along the southern edge of the Steamspur Mountains, flooding old settlements in the Crystal Desert such as the Amnoon Oasis.

>The Amnoon Oasis is the town and port of the Crystal Desert.
>For travelers into the desert, this tiny harbor represents a last chance to rest and resupply. It also provides one last view of water, sight of which becomes increasingly rare as one ventures eastward.

CRYSTAL DESERT

Cool! Doesn't look like it's anything we didn't know already though

you could at least put one tiny bit of effort into a fake leak

Best VA, worst missions.

>shenanigans with doofus charr
>adventures with flighty waifu-bait salad
>killing shit with Norn Colonel Campbell

why not just the next map for living world season 3?
pointed out it would be in the crystal desert

the next map in LS3 is going to be a shiverpeaks map or another RoF one. Crystal desert is expansion territory and has already been confirmed in other leaks.

just read it myself.
>next expansion 20usd with even less content than HoT
Can I kill myself now?

I'd pay 20$ for new elites, a story that takes me through a few maps, and a few new skins/items if they can pump that out every year desu.

>new elite
>few maps
>few skins
we already got that user. it costs 50usd and took anet years of "work".

An even smaller expansion would be around a living world season.

>someone went through the effort of processing the image to see if there was a watermark, like Alpha client screenshots supposedly do to prevent leaks
>there is one
Either someone went through a lot of effort to add that detail to a fake leak, or "wagonfulofpancakes"is fucked.

>wagonfullofpancakes
you dun fucked up pancake

With the elite specialization system made they should be able to churn out new specs pretty easily. I'm honestly fine with 2-3 maps every year in these "expansions" especially if they keep adding new maps with new living story updates like they are doing now.

Somebody find this poor bastard and let him know just how fucked he is, please.

t b h if it only takes them a year to give about the same for twenty bucks with the LS going in between with the same sort of content size per patch we've seen I'm cool with that.

Beats the hell out of spending two years fucking around, leaving everyone dying in a content drought and then still under performing.

they should be easy to make. But we are talking about anet, there are unlimted ways for them to fuck the easiest things up.
dunno. would be great to have a more constant stream of content. but with HoT already small, bugged and unbalanced, the leak about an even smaller expansion with even less time of playtesting isnt entirely good news to me.

But i already wasted too much time in tyria to not buy the next expansion...

>risk his alphatesting status by leaking things for the community
>community does anets job and expose him
he didnt deserved that :/

he does deserve it though. He signed an agreement with Anet in order to get to play content early. He then released an image of that content for no reason, as we have already had this information for months.
He was stupid and now he's been caught. I wouldn't have snitched him out, but I don't feel even a little sorry for him.

He doesnt deserve it but he had it coming. This is the only thing that's had me excited for gw2 in months.
New datamined armor :^)
youtube.com/watch?v=xofL8NC5jI4

I'm willing to give it a shot. HoT was from the Colin era of things, and there has been a sudden, massive shift in development ever since he left and MO has taken the helm. More content, faster, a map each patch, new masteries with each map, even a (admittedly hideous) weapon set earned in-game rather than in the gemstore. Oh, and the Destroyer Scythe finally became available to players after 4 years of sitting in the client unused. WvW is now seeing plenty of dev attention (for better or worse), new PvP maps are much more frequent, etc.

Something MO did seems to have really got Anet's shit together, so I have some faith in their ability to manage something under his stewardship. Not a huge amount as HoT -was- underwhelming, but I have at least $20 worth of faith in me, if that's the price point.

>literally on the circus NPCs
>only human models in the files
I'm not sure why that_shaman even bothered. Unless he's seeing something in the file-naming of the like that indicates it's to be armor or an outfit later it pretty clearly seems to be NPC assets.

It's not like there isn't plenty of NPC-only "armor" after all. From a few human outfits around the world, to the stuff asura townsfolk wear, Norn shaman gear, this (and a few other) charr civvie gear, etc.

I think the ghosts at gorseval use that armor model too. I recognized it by the cheek bandage in their target portrait.

He had it coming. But not by the fucking "community".
agree. its not shiny enough for players to waste they gems on.
anet had done some good decisions this year, so kicking colin seems like a turning point. But ill be quit on praising them until i played the next expansion.

play stupid games, win stupid prizes

It was expected of gw2s community. We have an immeasurable amount of brown nosed nerds.

Where?

Faren marries Rox

post sauce

>expansion priced at $20
Is there any actual evidence to this besides a supposed leak?

It's at least a year before the next expansion, do you really think they have the price for it nailed down? I don't. Half the shit in leaks are false.

I heard this one was going to be $50 but much bigger than HoT, and after that we'd be getting yearly small $20 expansions.

i also doubt it. But some parts of the leaks were true (eureka, crystal desert seems like it will be coming). So you cant really ignore the possibility of a low priced expansion.

post femcharr that have mutated beyond recognition

That leak also mentioned crystal desert/elona maps and elite specs which already puts it on par with HoT, if not bigger.
HoT was horribly mismanaged, it's safe to say that this one will be larger and better put together than it was.

What kind of boundaries can you put in the Crystal Desert? It would be cool to connect it to the Desolation and have the player die if they try to go too far.

>it's safe to say that this one will be larger and better
wtf how? because anet didnt totally fucked up this year? Some parts of the leaks were also proven wrong (stormbow being a legendary for example).
better expect a HoT tier expansion, and have hope that it will be better user

Care to explain how a 1/5th increase is not a significant improvement in damage?

You need to go back to school.

>tfw no mutated femcharr wife

More masteries is not getting one's shit together.

>tfw no fluffy femcharr trunk

so when are they nerfing specializations so vanilla players actually have a small chance

Never...They are supposed to be upgrades. Hopefully future elite specs will be on par with current elites in terms of power.

where is kittdai

who care

Can do it any number of ways - the easiest would just be to stick an invisble wall some distance out and give ranges of stacking damage (similar to the quicksand in dry top) that get lethally insurmountable the closer to the wall you get. Call it desolation, unbearable heat, crystal sandstorms that cause bleeding, or just keep it as sinking sands.

me

Post expansion hype music

youtu.be/5AANP4qDLVM

>They are supposed to be upgrades

no you fucking fag

The tradeoff is you now die 3 times quicker.

I'd buy it at 20 dollars if our content comes out like HoT did. I wouldnt pay 50 dollars for their expansions anymore.

how do you guys even do this ?

F2P and wanna join HOPE. MrMeatBro.2140 . Thanks in advance.

pls buy our expansion at full 50 USD price, goyim

lern 2 dodge

>second expansion drops
>50 dollars
>doesnt include HoT content, which is reduced in price
>f2pers need to shell out 70 for HoT and the new expansion

Not Cantha, surprise!

please respond

you're actually retarded if you think that, they will either bundle HoT with the new expac under 1 price(literally the reason they made gw2 f2p), or make HoT free 2 play so the maps aren't dead just like base gw2

>Elona is closer to Tyria and has better stuff going for it
>Palawa Joko rulership, Mordant Crescent composed of ex-Sunspears and undead, Order of the Sunspears broken and forgotten
>Canthan
>EMPEROR USOKU TRUMP KICKED BIRDS OUT :( OH NO
To Elona we go, user.

What a meme

It's a joke about how prone anet is to fucking up simple shit, you dingdong.

>doesn't bring a stun breaker knowing jade armors CC out the ass
nice meme

>initiating from that close

You're exactly as retarded as your comment suggests.

tfw when that would be $150 in Canada.
HoT alone is already $70

I hope they don't nerf them.

>trying to land flamethrower 4 in open world
>spam 4 but never hits the free blind on 5
>pistol 4 being over a 200 radius away
>swap to FT instead of bombs
>confusion pistol instead of poison volley

engi isnt for you my man, you did way more than this wrong.
If you want to have more survivability lose tools and get scrapper then lose 50% pistol duration trait for swiftness on crit.
You should play something like guardian!

git gud

So where do I actually go to find ERP in this game?